Zodiac Houses (LOOKING FOR 10 MORE PLAYERS)

I'd Join!

• Yes

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is still available.

Just a warning though. As tomorrow was my deadline for character sheets for the original people, after tomorrow, it's going to be a first come first serve deal. All reservations will be nullified, and anyone can submit a sheet for a house that hasn't had anyone submit one yet. I'm really frustrated right now, because I've given the people with reservations almost a whole month and I've only had three besides myself post an actual sheet.

Alright! The overview and the S/U are up. Follow this link: OPEN SIGNUPS - 生肖家族 (Chinese Zodiac) | IwakuRoleplay.com

Just a few notes before we begin. I have not roleplayed with most of you before, and those I have, please don't take this as a personal attack, it's just some general things that I need to get out of my system.

Firstly, I know that my overviews and intros can be rather long at times, but I write those things for a purpose. If I wanted to just write a whole little novel on my own, I wouldn't roleplay to do it. So please do read every GM post, update, or overview I write THOROUGHLY. I get it if you miss something here and there; I don't expect everyone to perfectly remember every little eensy shmeensy detail I put in there, as I know I myself miss things and screw up in the face of long posts. That said, one of my pet peeves is people continuously asking me questions that have already been answered or writing posts that are nonsensical in relation to where the other characters are and the canon I've set as precedent. If you miss something, that's fine. I'm also perfectly okay with people asking me questions, please don't take this to mean that you should just never ask me anything "argh I'm mean and scary and I hate you all." But please properly read posts before you put your fingers to the keyboard to write anything, and if you have a question, check there first to make sure it hasn't already been answered. The first requirement to be able to write is to be able to read.

The second thing concerns drop-outs, and no-posters. No one walks into a roleplay they find interesting and thinks, "hey, let's drop out of this as soon as possible," but I'm really really asking you right now not to commit to this roleplay unless you think you can do it. I haven't dropped out of many roleplays, but I have been a no-poster before, so trust me, I know that life can get in the way of roleplaying, and quite frankly there will be times when you cannot find the inspiration to write, and for other kinds of roleplays, drop-outs and no-posters can be pretty quickly and easily replaced or ignored, but unless you drop out very early on, I will find it difficult to replace your character. I'll probably keep them around as an NPC for everyone to take advantage of, and then take out my frustration by figuring out a way to gruesomely and ingloriously murder them IC before looking for someone I believe will stick with it, because every house is needed to find the mysterious letter man (this isn't a combat RP, but I am thinking of possible power upgrades for each of the houses in times of crisis to make them more relevant *cheesy grin). I'm not asking very much of you guys. A couple paragraphs a week is really fine with me, and if you don't always post within a week, I won't murder you or anything. I've been in RP's where there's no activity at all by anyone for two weeks and then it explodes into action as schedules start to work out and life gets its butt in order. All I really ask that you help me out a bit and TRY to make it work before deciding to give up on it. If it dies because no one can think of anything to post, IT DIES. It happens. I understand. But I'm begging you all not to give up on it before it's had a chance. And if nothing else, if you're going to drop, try to warn me first!

And lastly, you are representing an entire house. This means that I'm giving each of you a lot of freedom to create your own vision of what you think the house should look like, the kind of people you find in it, the feel or the hierarchy of each one. I do hope that you guys will make and control NPC's that relate to your character's history, and look forward to seeing you create as much of the world as I do. The only thing to note is that I expect you guys to be mildly culturally true to the lore in the real world surrounding the zodiacs, though it's okay if you don't do extensive internet research like I do when I get obsessed with something. heehee. :D
Here go!

Poking thread to see if any of the original people who initially showed interest are still alive.

The first post is updated. The purple lettering should tell you what's open. There are only three positions even taken.

• Thank You
Reactions: sleepingxdragon
Yeah, no sorry, I'm not interested in this rp. I was mostly looking for a western zodiac rp when I showed interest in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.