INTEREST CHECK Yu-Gi-Oh card game role play (don't need to have read or seen series)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
E

E-Claire

Original poster
This role play is made for Yu-Gi-Oh fans, but non-fans can play too! I'd advise you look at this quickly though (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_Duelist have a brief look at the plot, rule will be explained).

I have some plot ideas, but would like other peoples too. At the moments this is just an interest check and character creation, so the plot is still being decided If interested please comment that you are, at some point make your character. Plot ideas will come later. (Yes, i'm stating the obvious, deal). I might make another thread for plot discussion if this one gets enough interest.

Firstly , the rules we will be using are the battle city rules, also known as super expert rules (they're not as scary as they sound). When creating your deck please keep that in mind. The rules for those who know how to play are here (
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_City_Rules), ignoring the locator card part. If you don't, please read this first (http://www.wikihow.com/Play-Yu-Gi-Oh!). If you have any other uncertainties on how to play, please PM me. I'm sticking to this set of rules, even if we use the GX time frame. If this creates any uncertainties of what's allowed, i'll be the one who make final decisions.

When creating decks i'll allow cards from the original Yu-Gi-Oh series, the duelist series, the millennium world series, and the GX series. I will not allow cards that are only in the R series, the 5Ds series, or the Zexal series. This decision if final, there will be no changing it. I made this decision for a reason, if you have a problem then go role play some where else. There is a card list here (
http://www.yugiohcardguide.com/card_list.html) and here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Yu-Gi-Oh!_cards), but i'm not sure if they are totally reliable. Instead I advise you to base your OCs deck off your own if you have one. If you don't, base it off a starter deck or a characters deck and adapt it a bit. If your not sure your decks ok, please PM me and I will tell you.

How you draw when battling is yet to be decided. I will either randomly number your cards and let opponent order the numbers (like shuffling), or you can decide what you draw on your turn (like how the mangaka plans it). I will allow you guys to vote when the plots being decided. I will allow tag teams fights, and a maximum of 3 duels happening at a time. The role play will be based half on dueling, and half exploring the plot. When it's your turn to post in a duel please only post ONE phase, unless there will be a phase with nothing happening. I might decide to put the duels on separate threads. You guys can also vote this when the plots being decided. There might be a vote on the time frame too (unlikely though)

Every body is allowed ONE character. There will be no canon characters, OC's only. There will be no character deaths, and keep all the content to PG-13 like the series. Try not to create characters like other peoples or a canon character. I'm still deciding the time frame (duelist or GX) so I wont ask for a history (I find them boring and a bit pointless any way). I won't ask where they live either, since this will be decided by the time frame (they will all live in the same place anyway).

Character template:

Name: (First then second)
Age: (Don't mention birth dates until the time frame is decided)
Dislikes: (At least 5 dislikes)
Personality: (At least 3 lines)
Experience: (How long has your character been playing with monster cards? How good are they? Have they ever won any competitions? It might be a good idea to base this a bit off how much you know about monster cards)
Deck: (Yes, you need to list the name of every card in your deck. Minimum of 40, maximum of 60. Minimum of 1 rare, maximum of 5 because i'm nice)
Appearance: (Either 3 lines or a picture. They must be human, and they don't need to look like duelists.)
Any other notable things: (Weapons they own that aren't guns, pets, family, or what ever you feel is important to say about them. You aren't required to fill this in, i'ts optional)

I'll make my character when I have enough interest.

RULE EDIT! CHANGES ABOVE INFO A BIT! IMPORTANT SO READ:
If a card is rare in any pack, it's rare for this. We shall use it's highest rarity rating EVER. As part of your 5 rares (yes, i'm still being to nice :P) you can have up to 5 normal rares, up to 3 super rares, and one ultra rare. No ultimate, parallel, or ghost rares. I've read the manga, I know there are deaths (though i skipped parts where my phone spazzed), but in general it's PG-13 which was what i meant it was like in the series, not the death. Any way, the whether or not my reference was correct doesn't matter, still no death and sticking to PG-13. I assumed people would be clever enough/have enough common sense to know not to god-mod decks as I won't allow it, but I shall confirm it now. A forbidden cards list is being made. Even if a cards not on the list, and I don't want a person to use it, I will tell them to take it out. This isn't supposed to be perfect first time round, i'm expecting a fair bit of editing. I shall choose the shuffling rule then, where the player doesn't choose card order. That way they won't always have the right cards to defend. I will tell them the cards they draw each time (annoying, but fairest way). I will do my best to monitor every bodies decks, deciding if they can have certain cards or not, so please join in. Cards that are forbidden are listed here: http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/. What ever the page says it is, it is. Fusion rules here (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Fusion_Monster).

A yu-gi-oh RP? Amazing^^ I'm in.^^ I'll have to make a deck first though. I have the starter decks of Kiaba, Pegasus, Yugi, and Joey but they are all incomplete as I'm missing cards from each of them.
So I'll make a deck and then make my character if that's okay.

Major problem, here. You said rare. Time wizard, Is considered either rare or common, depending on packs. Then, there is Super rare, Ultra rare, ultimate rare, parallel rare, ghost rare, whatever.The series HAS deaths, but but it's censorship who covered it, so it's no problem, just 4kids' fault. I read the manga, and.... I'll say that part in PM, if you ask. Second of all. OTK/FTK/Exodia Decks. there is going to be plenty of those. And if we go like the series, There is no blue-eyes, since, it belongs to a canon character. Third of all, YOU SHOULD DECIDE WHICH FORBIDDEN LIST TO USE, And decide from which to which pack, especially, if it's battle city specific.

4th, might be the mechanics among most. The moment that everyone sets a card. Any one can scream up mirror force! or just activate a card that would be convenient for them. And even if you claim having to name the card, readers might still read i as it they might know, etc, etc etc.

Simply the decks would lack balance and everyone could overly rape in 3 turns.

And As Most staple are are now common, it's even funnier.

I Personally don't think it would work for various reasons, I named some among them. If you still want to go ahead, go ahead.
@Jessica stansell

And I have My own Decks. I had all the evolution deck, kaiba starter, And some recent decks. But I'm a collector, so I have 3 playable decks. Made on a Theme, or course.

Yes, that's fine Jessica.

Tensa, i haven't gone too detailed into the rules yet, as this is mainly just an interest check. But I shall edit the rules. If a card is rare in any pack, it's rare for this. We shall use it's highest rarity rating EVER. As part of your 5 rares (yes, i'm still being to nice :P) you can have up to 5 normal rares, up to 3 super rares, and one ultra rare. No ultimate, parallel, or ghost rares. I've read the manga, I know there are deaths (though i skipped parts where my phone spazzed), but in general it's PG-13 which was what i meant it was like in the series, not the death. Any way, the whether or not my reference was correct doesn't matter, still no death and sticking to PG-13. I assumed people would be clever enough/have enough common sense to know not to god-mod decks as I won't allow it, but I shall confirm it. Give me a few minutes to compile a forbidden cards list. Or if your that bothered, you can do it. Even if a cards not on the list, and I don't want a person to use it, I will tell them to take it out. This isn't supposed to be perfect first time round, i'm expecting a fair bit of editing. I shall choose the shuffling rule then, where the player doesn't choose card order. That way they won't always have the right cards to defend. I shall still go ahead, as this is just for fun and it won't be perfect. I will do my best to monitor every bodies decks, deciding if they can have certain cards or not, so please join in.

Anyway, the series is unrealistic too.

Good. I just want to ask.

It might actually depend on time. As in 1st Gen, there is no abusive Neos fusion, In Gx, there is no syncros, And in 5d's There is no XYZ monsters XD so it might be really important to get the timeline, before the the forbidden list. that way, there is a list of cards, Ex: all 1st Gen: From Legend of Blue eyes, to ancient Sanctuary, bar the special editions people can get, etc.

I never said I wasn't joining. I'm just warning you how risky it is.

I got slapped in the Face (other site, but still), for that idea, so I might have to warn you about that, during the mechanics.
My Case: I ended up trying to do a monster world RP, and I had to give up the idea, since people had no decks, not list of forbidden, some people whined about converting instant kills to dmg, and As the Character were monsters. So, Just saying.

I realize it's going to be really hard, and am extremely thankful for all your help. I will appoint you co-game master if you wish. And i'm really sorry your RP didn't work out. Maybe you can use your experience to help with this one though.

The rules will be edited again when the time period is chosen. Even is we use the duelist time frame, i'll still allow GX cards (though i think i'll choose GX time frame anyway.) And as I said, even if a cards not on the list, if I don't like it, you can't have it.

Lol. MAke it the Duel academy. With a tournament in it?

Yeah, the best idea I had was something like that. The organizers have a secret planned for participators though, tied to an Egyptian myth (or greek, though that isn't like the series).

Pfft. Theres is cristianity, in reference to the sacred beast, egyptian, and some greek like cards. But are Agents. :/

In other words, do as you like. XD

Not many greek like card though, and the main theme is Egyptain. The series themes don't matter that much though, as this is a spin off.

GX has no true theme. XD it's a mix of superheros aliens, and what not.

So, do as you like. XD

Original yu-gi-oh had a main theme.... soon lost though XD! Egyptian stuff was big in duelist, but since i've now decided to do GX time frame I suppose I can do any theme I want. Your very right, GX is just about every thing.

See? Not so harrd.

Now I just need more interest XD! It's nice to plan this all out, but with out enough people interested, it's useless.

AGH, so bored waiting for RP updates! I think I might post some rubbish jump in role play.

Lol. So impatient.

Don't be like that. It's the worse thing to happen in an RP.

I know, but i can't help it! I think i'll go join another RP to keep myself busy ':/