INTEREST CHECK Yu-Gi-Oh card game role play (don't need to have read or seen series)

Please do so.

I really like the idea of a Duel Academy, like in GX.

One phase per post is something I really like the idea of too.
Personally I think the duels should be in different threads, it would get really confusing, really fast and it would be much easier to follow a certain duel, than having to filter through multiple peoples.

Also because it's an RP, the dueling rules will have to be VERY carefully thought out, as in, what's to stop this guy from pulling a blue eyes every turn. If they're in the RP or not, you get the idea.

I'll be joining for sure, just need to see how many other people want to join.

Also, when you say EVERY card on that list is forbidden, do you mean even the Semi-limited cards like Emergency call, etc? I mean it's really not that over powered, and some decks need those kind of cards to even work.

The blue eyes part is already dealt with.

Interesting... It's been a while since I played, but I may be up for it.
Though, the deck I plan to use may be highly dated - I'd have to do a bit of reading before I can say for sure whether I'm able or not.

I really like the idea of a Duel Academy, like in GX.

One phase per post is something I really like the idea of too.
Personally I think the duels should be in different threads, it would get really confusing, really fast and it would be much easier to follow a certain duel, than having to filter through multiple peoples.

Also because it's an RP, the dueling rules will have to be VERY carefully thought out, as in, what's to stop this guy from pulling a blue eyes every turn. If they're in the RP or not, you get the idea.

I'll be joining for sure, just need to see how many other people want to join.

Also, when you say EVERY card on that list is forbidden, do you mean even the Semi-limited cards like Emergency call, etc? I mean it's really not that over powered, and some decks need those kind of cards to even work.

Yes every card. But I have said I will make some exceptions (like if they are needed for the deck).

Great to see some more interest! Since every one so far is mentioning making decks fair and the rules, i'm pretty sure none of you are going to trol with blues eyes or anything. But i have listed most of the rules any way.

Yes every card. But I have said I will make some exceptions (like if they are needed for the deck).

But then you've literally just posted that page and said they're all banned, even the semi-forbidden ones, even though the semi-forbidden ones aren't banned in the games, show, or even the real life game. I think that page should be followed the way it was SUPPOSED to be followed.
If it says forbidden on the list, it's banned.
If it's semi-forbidden, you're only allowed 1 or 2 in a deck.

If you ban semi-forbidden cards, staple cards like Black hole, monster reborn, and mirror force, cards that are in pretty much every deck will be banned, please review your decision.

Lol. Someone at least knows how much the staple cards are important. But then it goes to the rarity, limiting their uses.

I'm just glad I can find very strange altenatives.

Lol. Someone at least knows how much the staple cards are important. But then it goes to the rarity, limiting their uses.

I'm just glad I can find very strange altenatives.

I wouldn't really say they're rare because a lot of people have them in their decks, because they're that important, this list should be followed properly, I really don't like the idea of "I don't like this card, so it's banned". That list was created by the makers of the game, and tournament players who know the game inside out have contributed to decisions made on the cards, so using the list is MORE fair than just saying "They're all banned".

Also, telling someone the cards they draw? I don't see how that's fair either, drawing cards should be COMPLETELY based on luck and nothing else.

"Rarity": I was reffering to The OC putting it, to the first pack Rarity which was SR, even though everyone has it, even though in common. Look, I even Have 9 dark hole, 5 monster reborn, a few mirror forces, and 3 torrential tributes.

So, I know that it means nothing. But It might be her way of balancing a deck or something.

She doesn't know how to. That's why She wants to monitor.

I guess that could be one way of balancing a deck, but you have to keep in mind that decks are never really balanced, there will ALWAYS be a way to get an overpowered deck, through legal cards, it's all about thinking through what each card does and how other cards can help that card and strengthen your deck and limit its weaknesses. It's what Yu-Gi-Oh is about, and banning every card on that list isn't going to balance the decks, all it's going to do is take away elements from the game, like staple cards that pretty much everyone uses, cards that people NEED to make their decks work. (I know you said you would allow some cards if people asked, but then she did say it was unlikely).

If she wants to balance decks, use the rules that are already in place for the OCG, they're fair, and they work, they don't need to be changed.

I've changed the rarity rules, so stop complaining now. I'm not editing it again. This is my role play, so the final decisions will be mine, so cards fit the role play.Card drawing is random, im just organising it. The player PMs me their deck in a random order, so I can number it in that order. The opponent PMs me a random order of numbers (from between 1 and number of cards in the deck). I will tell the player the number/card order when needed. Eg. You have 53 cards. You write them in any order, and I number the cards by that order. The opponent will pm me the numbers 1-53 in any order to replicate shuffling. The numbers will each correspond to a card. I will tell the player that card when they draw.Talk to co-GM Tensa about any other issues, as im having problems posting.

Complaining? all I'm doing is leaving feedback. I know it's your RP. I know it's your rules. I can read the original posters name, just saying.
Would you rather people roll over onto their backs and accept any rules given with a "Yes miss, no miss" attitude?

Anyway, thank you for explaining the card draw system in more detail, it's a really good idea.

No, im very sorry. I was pissed at somebody in RL at the time I posted that. This thread has so much organizing to do it was probably a bad one choose to post on at that time. Please forgive me.On a better note, i can use iwaku on my phone.

Since I'm really interested in wanting this RP to work etc, what do you need more help with?
I'll be happy to help and do things.

Come to think of it, what if we wished to activate a trap card, but the timing is in your opponent's post?

Im not going to be online much this week, so who ever wants to help can.Posts will have to be really short. As in one card, to allow reaction time. And you can only post in a battle when the other player is online doing the battle with you. After posting you must wait 5 minutes (or you can decide a different amount of time), before you continue with the turn. If your not going to use a spell or trap card, and see their post, please message them. It will be awkward, but its the best thing I can come up with. If you meant to play a trap or special effect or what ever, but didnt in time, message your opponent and ask if they will change that and let you (they can say no).

How about this:
You play a face down mirror force on your turn, place whatever monster on your field, end your turn.
Your opponent attacks in their post, and when they do, you edit your post and activate the effect of your trap.
This way will work, if your opponent knows to look at your post to see if it was edited, and if you activate a trap, the usual effects roll out and they can edit the post of them attacking, if they wish, and state that mirror force has destroyed all of their monsters. Or something along those lines. Just a suggestion.

Example:

Nylus placed a face down card on his field and summoned Elemental Hero Sparkman in attack mode, he then ends his turn.

Opponent: Summoned Atlantean Dragoons in attack mode and attacked Sparkman.

EDIT: After his opponents attack, Nylus activated the trap card "Mirror force", destroying all monsters on his opponents side of the field.

You know, SOMETHING like that I guess.

How about this:
You play a face down mirror force on your turn, place whatever monster on your field, end your turn.
Your opponent attacks in their post, and when they do, you edit your post and activate the effect of your trap.
This way will work, if your opponent knows to look at your post to see if it was edited, and if you activate a trap, the usual effects roll out and they can edit the post of them attacking, if they wish, and state that mirror force has destroyed all of their monsters. Or something along those lines. Just a suggestion.

Example:

Nylus placed a face down card on his field and summoned Elemental Hero Sparkman in attack mode, he then ends his turn.

Opponent: Summoned Atlantean Dragoons in attack mode and attacked Sparkman.

EDIT: After his opponents attack, Nylus activated the trap card "Mirror force", destroying all monsters on his opponents side of the field.

You know, SOMETHING like that I guess.

Yes, lets go with your verison. Just came up with another rule: All face downs MUST be PMed to me. Otherwise somebody might cheat.

We should use some sort of instant messenger for that sort of thing, that everyone in the RP must use.