Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Agender
  5. Primarily Prefer Male
  6. No Preferences
Genres
Adventure. Angels and demons. Apocalyptic. Arthurian. Comedy. Dystopian. Fantasy. Historical. Horror. Post-apocalyptic. Romance. Science fiction. Supernatural.
As the title suggests this thread is for discussion of our favourite monsters, both big and small. Which one do you like best? Why do you like that one best? Have you ever written a story or roleplayed as that monster? This thread is meant to lean toward the more horrifying creatures and less toward the mythical but there is overlap and I'll accept that if you must. Bonus: check out Monster (s)Mash Bingo

Reactions: ImaginationGoneWild
Werewolf or Wendigo's (PROPER ONES! NOT THE DAMN UNTIL DAWN ONES!)

Werewolf or Wendigo's (PROPER ONES! NOT THE DAMN UNTIL DAWN ONES!)
LOL BUT THE WEIRD NAKED SCREAMING PEOPLE ARE GREAT (not)

Also, for mine I will have to saaaaaaaaay either Werewolves or Vampires

Here's a bonus question for you guys. Which -type- of vampire? or Werewolf, etc. do you like if we're going by the classics. : 3

I prefer the old school werewolves where they shed their skin to transform. Where the beast behaves more like an entity that possesses the victim. With vampires I like any that aren't twilight-esque. Having to drink or else you become more corps-like as your body slowly withers away, the thirst driving you mad, holy symbols or the sun constantly reminding you that not even the gods or nature are accepting these fiends and punish them by making them feel intense fear or pain.

There's also demons and evil spirits that are fun because they're difficult to discover and fight. And ye old 'there's something in the water/vents' shenanigans.

I don't have a type so much as a trope I like, and that's the monster that is only monstrous to the wicked. When the horror from the deep eats a rapist or the captured monster escapes and kills all that captured it but not the maintenance guy that had been blackmailed to work at the facility, yes!

The bogeyman fascinates me, along with all other monsters we use to get children to behave. The idea that we are taught that monsters come after the misbehaving and the naughty when young, only to grow up and call those who are misbehaving and bad monsters is fascinating.

Mothman. I touched his butt while in Point Pleasant.