Young Justice - In The Shadow Of The Light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotham's the size of New York, alternatively Jersey in some stories.

So is Metropolis, fun fact.

@WesteriaVale Sounds good. It makes sense ICly then to me.

@Alice Falling I think the two can have been introduced to each other and interacted in bits and pieces, but any friendship or such would be best added after the RP starts. As for secret identity? Since Tim knows Green Arrow's identity and background, he would know at the very least that something is off about Artemis's story and might be looking into that. How much he knows depends I would say on how long has passed since the two met? Also how long has artemis been fightning crime?

Gotham's the size of New York, alternatively Jersey in some stories.

So is Metropolis, fun fact.
Fun fact, a lot of the writers feel like "Gotham" is just a nickname for "New York". Of course there are some who feel it's "Chicago" instead. But in reality it's been a mixture of both cities. New York doesn't have alleyways, but Chicago does, and that's where Batman does a lot of crime fighting. Metropolis is also based off New York. :D

In other news the cities have been located in New York (The state(. Delaware, and most New Jersey at this point in time. Most people don't realize but Metropolis and Gotham are sister cities, they're right next to each other geographically most of the time. One is only a hour (or so) car ride away from the other.

Tumblr_m6z8sgPh9i1qduff9o1_1280.jpg

MAP!

I should have just googled Gotham City instead of asking, huh? That would have been smart?

@Alice Falling I think the two can have been introduced to each other and interacted in bits and pieces, but any friendship or such would be best added after the RP starts. As for secret identity? Since Tim knows Green Arrow's identity and background, he would know at the very least that something is off about Artemis's story and might be looking into that. How much he knows depends I would say on how long has passed since the two met? Also how long has artemis been fightning crime?

He would have to know something is off, after all, suddenly a new niece is thrown in to his life? Sounds fishy.

She's only been fighting crime for about 2-3 months. Her mother got out of jail and Artemis immediately ran away and started a new life as Hero. It would have taken her mother just around 2-3 months to secretly get a hold of Batman and Green Arrow. (It wouldn't be to hard, considering she's a villain basically on probation. But since it had to be done in the blind of Sportsmaster it took a bit longer).

MAP!

I should have just googled Gotham City instead of asking, huh? That would have been smart?

He would have to know something is off, after all, suddenly a new niece is thrown in to his life? Sounds fishy.

She's only been fighting crime for about 2-3 months. Her mother got out of jail and Artemis immediately ran away and started a new life as Hero. It would have taken her mother just around 2-3 months to secretly get a hold of Batman and Green Arrow. (It wouldn't be to hard, considering she's a villain basically on probation. But since it had to be done in the blind of Sportsmaster it took a bit longer).

Gotcha. So when Young Justice starts, Tim will really only have known her for a week or two at most. Considering that, I'll just say he thinks something is fishy. He will be looking into her background more in the future, but probably not as a main priority unless it becomes such.

Just curious, but what are some story arcs people are hoping for to develop in this RP for characters and the Team as a whole?

Just curious, but what are some story arcs people are hoping for to develop in this RP for characters and the Team as a whole?
I know I answered this in my Cs, but I'll say it again. :D I want for Donna to find out who her parents are and why she was abandoned as a child. Other than that, I have no over arching story lines. Donna has no arch enemies and since she's so new to crime fighting, no one's after her for whatever reason. :)

I know I answered this in my Cs, but I'll say it again. :D I want for Donna to find out who her parents are and why she was abandoned as a child. Other than that, I have no over arching story lines. Donna has no arch enemies and since she's so new to crime fighting, no one's after her for whatever reason. :)

Sounds good. :) I know for Robin I tend to do as I said in my CS, but for the team as a whole I would love to see a good Deathstroke storyline or since a few of the characters so far seem to be based in Gotham; perhaps something like "No Man's land."

Also of course some of the stuff that happened in the original show would be good as well. Not to make more work for Dillan. haha. Not sure how much he already has written.

Sounds good. :) I know for Robin I tend to do as I said in my CS, but for the team as a whole I would love to see a good Deathstroke storyline or since a few of the characters so far seem to be based in Gotham; perhaps something like "No Man's land."

Also of course some of the stuff that happened in the original show would be good as well. Not to make more work for Dillan. haha. Not sure how much he already has written.
Probably best to wait and see what Hillan has before you run off with the plot. Lol.

And I do NOT want to see something like No Man's Land, no offence. I hated that arc and went for-stinking-ever. But if Hillan wants it, I guess I could suck it up :P As for Deathstroke, idk, he's kind of overused. (Then again, I do like my campy villains that no one seems to know. :D )

Probably best to wait and see what Hillan has before you run off with the plot. Lol.

And I do NOT want to see something like No Man's Land, no offence. I hated that arc and went for-stinking-ever. But if Hillan wants it, I guess I could suck it up :P As for Deathstroke, idk, he's kind of overused. (Then again, I do like my campy villains that no one seems to know. :D )

Haha. Too true. I've done too many sandboxes in the past...Plus I've been traveling the past two days with not much to do but check my RP's so that causes my imagination to run wild.

And I think No Man's Land was a good concept, but poorly executed. Could have been a lot better. Well, I'll just shut up now unless someone needs me or the RP is getting started. Finally home and can do...other things...

Young-Justice-01x20-Coldhearted-19-600x337.jpg

| "I speak the languages of science, food, video games... and love..." |

Wallace "Wally" Allen

Kid Flash

Born in Central City, Wally didn't know his father growing up. His mother Iris always tried to tell him he was a good man, but just got too scared about what was happening in his life. Wally didn't buy it, probably just another loser. Still Wally grew up a good kid, a class clown, but still a good kid. As Wally grew up he idolized the superhero known as The Flash. The scarlet speedster was a big figure in Central City, a local celebrity that Wally had a poster of on his wall.

When Wally was thirteen he got his first chance ever to meet the superhero at an autograph signing. Approaching the hero Wally's stomach churned, having to go up by himself with his mom watching on from a distance. The Flash asked for Wally's name, which he happily gave. Only the Flash suddenly looked very... hesitant. It made for an awkward moment as Wally got his autograph and left confused if he did something wrong. He explained to his mom, who also began to look worry, but assured him Flash probably just had a lot on his mind.

Soon after his mom told Wally good news, his father was moving in and wanting to remarry. Wally was furious his dad would come waltzing back into his life. It didn't help that Barry Allen, his father, was a very dorky, awkward mass of humanity. Barry tried hard to start getting more involved in Wally's life, but it was difficult as Wally was putting up a tough front. Finally though Barry found out about Wally's love for The Flash and offered something that caught Wally's attention. He knew The Flash personally working for the police station, and would be more than happy to have his friend come visit.

Sure enough Barry made good on his word, as the next day The Flash was at their house. Wally loved getting to know the hero, even if he was starting to get a sense of deja vu from the guy. Finally he went to shake the hero's hand. When Wally got a giant shock of yellow electricity.

He woke up from a coma three days later. Sitting at the side of his hospital bed was his mom and dad. His dad was about to explain everything when Wally felt his body desperately pleed for the bathroom. In a flash Wally was out of the hospital bed and down the hall. His dad had to tell him the truth about how he was The Flash, and that somehow Wally now had the same super speed. Giddy at the thought Wally begged and pleaded to become Kid Flash. Initially Barry refused, but after Wally went into business for himself and proved his worth by helping save his dad from a few sticky situations as a superhero. Barry finally begrudgingly agreed and Wally became Kid Flash.

Since then their relationship has grown stronger and stronger. As Wally and Barry bond through beating up bad guys, and saving the city through high speeds.
| Character Notes |
Lives with his parents in Hillcrest, a suburbs of Central City, and attends Hillcrest High School.

| Powers |

Wally's power stem from ending up having his physical and spiritual state merged with an almost alternate reality known simply as 'the speed force'. With it he is not only able to run at incredibly high speeds, but also his reaction time, and endurance are also given serious boosts. Though truthfully its all slower than his dad. They haven't figured out an exact amount how much. But sharper eyed people can see it. Wally is not effected by friction. Although Wally's body has a hyper accelerated metabolism which helps him heal quicker than normal. It also means he needs to consume much more food than a normal person in order to get the bigger levels of calories needed to burn.

Able to accelerate his body down to a molecular level, Wally can also hypothetically vibrate his molecules enough to allow him to move through solid objects. The term hypothetically is used though because Wally hasn't quite gotten the hang of it despite his mentor's training.

| Skills|

Computer tech and IT knowledge
Strong background in science, physiologic mainly
Talented self-taught cook
Seriously good at Backalley Brawler 3: Hyper HD Edition, seriously don't even try to beat him...

| How is this character different? |

The first and biggest is now the original Flash is his biological father instead of his uncle. Who left out of fear of having a child. Not only that, but in the story I'm going to make Wally bi-sexual. So that in case Artemis and Kid Flash doesn't become a thing there's a possibility at Kid Flash and Zachary Zatara... which has a very interesting feel to it personally.

| What is your goal with this character? |

To kick ass and chew bubble gum... despite not having a proper amount of bubble gum.

| Sample Post |

Wally stared at the clock on the wall, despite the super speed he possessed time still moved just as painfully slow in school as it did normally. Wally leaned against the top of the desk as he spun his pencil in his fingers. Sighing as his other hand reached up to rub the temple of his nose and eyes. History was hardly his favorite class, and studying for a test on the American Revolution wasn't exactly his cup of tea... cup of tea party... get it? ...Forget it.

Finally the bell rang and Wally had to hold his excitement to bolt it out of the school for the day. As for him bolting out would be very unnaturally fast. Though Wally did get his supplies together, wave and wink to the cheerleader in the class at the behest of the nearby jock, and snuck out to a small area outside of the school. Looking around to make sure the coast is clear Wally used his speed to quickly change out of his clothes and right into the yellow and red of his Kid Flash costume. Too fast for anyone who could've seen him to see too much of him.

Dashing at high speed to Central City Wally got a message from his dad he was needed quickly. Having put his backpack and other things back at the house, and getting a kiss from his mom despite trying to fight it. Wally found his dad surrounded by patches of ice, all a clear sign that Captain Cold was attacking the city. "Hey Flash did I miss anything?" Kid Flash called out to his mentor who smiled back as they both stood in front of the arctic villain. "Nothing much, what took you so long?" Flash jokingly asked, knowing full well the answer. "Oh you know, this and that."

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people
Clearer limitations on his powers. How much slower than Barry is he, for instance.

Alter that, and I believe we're good to go.

Now, speaking of something else.

We taking bets on who it's gonna be who starts to ruin Superboy's adorable innocence?

My money's on Tim.

We taking bets on who it's gonna be who starts to ruin Superboy's adorable innocence?

My money's on Tim.
MINE IS ON ZACH or wally..
Mostly about sexual orientation...

I don't know I just thought:
SB: hey tim, why do Zach and wally act weird towards each other sometimes?
Zach: LOVE HAS NO LIMITS
Tim:*Face palm* let's talk about that then... There's a start... So that you don't offend people like them in the 'outside world'

Then wally and zachary join in and interrupts.

| How is this character different? |
The first and biggest is now the original Flash is his biological father instead of his uncle. Who left out of fear of having a child. Not only that, but in the story I'm going to make Wally bi-sexual. So that in case Artemis and Kid Flash doesn't become a thing there's a possibility at Kid Flash and Zachary Zatara... which has a very interesting feel to it personally.
Also, I thought the same thing about Zachary/wally before you signed up. I swear, this is so coincidental for me XD. I was thinking,"Jesus Christ. What a beautiful coincidence" Lol.
Cocky magician, cool headed speedster. :o

Last edited by a moderator:

My money's on Tim.

Donna wouldn't even be in the running. If anything, she'd feel for Conner, being in almost the same boat and all.

And they're gonna be in the same team as a bunch of hormonal teenagers. They're gonna be in some shit.

Anyway, those of you that haven't, add me on Skype, Hillanx.

MINE IS ON ZACH or wally..
Mostly about sexual orientation...

I don't know I just thought:
SB: hey tim, why do Zach and wally act weird towards each other sometimes?
Zach: LOVE HAS NO LIMITS
Tim:*Face palm* let's talk about that then... There's a start... So that you don't offend people like them in the 'outside world'

Then wally and zachary join in and interrupts.

Also, I thought the same thing about Zachary/wally before you signed up. I swear, this is so coincidental for me XD. I was thinking,"Jesus Christ. What a beautiful coincidence" Lol.
Cocky magician, cool headed speedster. :o

It was that, plus the kid of science and the kid of magic.

But yeah, I'll be down either way.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm pretty sure wally doesn't believe in magic. It makes things more interesting 8D
He would also always try to find explanations scientifically on Zachary's magic while zachary simply states magic is indeed real.

My money's on Tim.

If I had money, it would be on Wally all the way. Bi-sexual or not, I think Wally would be the most ruining! (No offense or anything! It's just... Wally. I'm sure you understand). XD

Though Tim... Hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.