Not open for further replies.
I never said I didn't like it. I'm just not involved in it. :3

Aqualad, cyan

Aqualad, cyan

aqualad_by_f19850928-d5yggyv.jpg

| Identity |
Garth - Aqualad

| Origin & Backstory |
In Poseidonis, one of the domed cities of Atlantis, Queen Berra gave birth to her baby boy, Garth, who was born with purple eyes. The Atlanteans claimed Garth had been born genetically inferior and sentenced him to death on a seabed leagues away from Atlantis. Somehow though, Garth survived after being found by the Atlantean sorcerer Atlan. He raised the youth, training him to survive and fight, protecting him from the darkness of the undersea.

Just after his eleventh birthday, Garth was left alone while Atlan journeyed to Atlantis after the sorcerer had been summoned. That was when he overheard the sound of someone struggling. The youth then came across a man. A man struggling at the bottom of the ocean, fighting amongst the tentacles of what appeared to be a giant octopus. Realizing the stranger was in trouble, Garth intervened with him somehow managing to control the beast, shooing it away. Introducing himself as Arthur Curry, the man explained how he was in fact Aquaman, King of Atlantis and the seven seas. Thanking Garth for his assistance, the King decided to take the boy on as his ward and protégé. The two journeyed back to Atlantis where he began to train once more, this time in Atlantean warfare, as well as Sorcery from Arthur's wife, Queen Meera.

Over the next few years, Garth helped his new partner Aquaman on many adventures, both under the sea and on the surface world with other super powered individuals. There he was invited to join a team.

And how could he resist?

| Character Notes |
  • Down in Atlantis, Garth has a number of friends from the previous two years during his training with both Arthur and Mera, including a delightful young woman named Tula, with whom he started a short-lived relationship before moving to the surface.
  • Aqualad refuses to eat sea food and disapproves of his friends eating it as well. According to him, the fish they are eating could have been his friends in the ocean.
  • Due to his lonesome childhood, Garth finds it hard to become friends with new people, with his relationship with Tula, Kaldur'ahm and La'gaan taking weeks to actually form after meeting them.
  • Due to being new to the surface world, Garth is still adjusting although isn't as naive as Superboy. He knows all about the wonders love making, that's for sure!
| Powers |
Garth is amphibious and is able to breathe under water by extracting oxygen from the water through tiny pores in his skin.

Another noticeable ability is that Garth can telepathically add compulsions and needs in the mindset of aquatic life, compelling them to do his bidding by a subtle altering of their midbrain

Garth possesses superhuman strength, allowing him to lift about 8 tons on dry land.

Garth can also survive at depths of up to 3,400 feet below surface level. His body contains fluids that adjust to give him buoyancy at varying depths. His body also produces gases that push out against the ocean pressures as heavily as they push in, preventing him from being crushed at great depths. His bloodstream is filled with an amino acid that keeps his body from freezing in the ocean depths, although his own temperature is naturally quite high, allowing his muscles the heat they need to swim at such high speeds.

Garth can swim at speeds of 136.79 km/h.

| Skills |
Trained in Atlantean martial arts and warfare, Garth is an adequate fighter. Also due to his training with Queen Mera, Garth is adept at Atlantean sorcery, with him being able to manipulate water, allowing him to create whirlpools, among other things.

| How is this character different? |
My version of Garth is generally very similar to his appearances in the comics, with small additions from several other versions of the character, such as his tutoring in sorcery under Mera like in Young Justice, as well as his hate for seafood like in Teen Titans (I'm unaware if this is the same in the comics). Garth is also much more secluded and lonesome due to his time alone as a child, making it harder for him to make friends.

| What is your goal with this character? |
I would like to play Garth as a stronger and more prominent character, due to him often being left out of the spotlight in the past or considered useless due to the fact that he can't talk to fish.

| Sample Post |
Aqualad instantly knew who the colossus submarine belonged to as soon as he laid his purple eyes apon it. The general shape of it kind of gave it away. Only the fearsome Black Manta would own a ship in the shape of his namesake. The whole thing flashed ego and terror. Garth decided it would be best to focus on the terror side of it, since that's the thing that could very well be his demise.

Ahead of him, his mentor moved swiftly forward. Garth noted how silently Aquaman moved through the water, a trait both he and every other Atlantean easily mastered in their youth. The youngling followed suit, scouting out the rear as the duo neared the top of the ridge, where they moved into cover behind some ancient looking reeds. Peering down into the depths of the trench, they watched as the Manta Sub crept forward in the darkness, with fish fleeing quickly as it crossed their path.

"Stick to the plan son." Aquaman's voice was stern and commanding, yet full of warmth.

"Indeed I will, my King!" Came the sheepish reply.

"Just get in and out! Release our fellow Atlanteans and then the festivities shall begin!" With a bold smile, the King of the sea turned and seemed to dart away in a blur. Garth watched to see his suit of orange and green disappear before he too embarked forward.

It took little to effort to get aboard the craft. Despite its impressive appearance, its defences were lacking. Obviously Manta wasn't expecting visitors. Garth shook the thought out of his head as he made his way silently through the dimly lit corridors. He mustn't get too laidback. That would be the death of him. Maybe even the death of Aquaman too. No. He couldn't think like that. He mustn't get distracted. That was when he absent mindedly turned a corner, colliding with a guard.

Luckily, the guard was as taken back as Garth was and what was even luckier was that Garth managed to get back to his senses first. The swift kick to the side of his body knocked the man down, only for him to be launched back with another firm hit from his foot. Finishing him off with a short knockout punch, Aqualad continued forward, his steady stealthy approach from before turning into a run. That guard would be up soon and then their whole cover would be blown so maybe it wasn't such a bad idea to rush this!

Garth's heart leaped as he found himself in what appeared to be the brig. Except this wasn't no ordinary submarine prison. The walls were filled with what looked like storage containers and each one was full. Full of captured Atlanteans. With a smile, Aqualad bounded up to the central control panel, his hands typing away, eager to find the combination that would unlock those containers. The password? Manta Ray. Neptune's beard that was obvious! Garth was about to point that out outloud, when with a hiss, all of the containers around the room began to open.

Aqualad was only interested in one though. La'gaan, or otherwise known as Lagoon Boy. He was one of Garth's closest friends. The news of his capture had hit hard with Garth. He looked past this though and with a smile, Garth approached him, pulling what looked to be some kind of horn from his belt. "Care to do the honours, my friend?" He said with a smile as he offered it to the fellow Atlantean, his purple eyes glimmering at the thought of the fun that would follow.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Natty Yay!!! Hopefully a new member of the Team!!! Love what you got so far! How old is Garth? How long has he been crimefighting?

We're getting a nice cast here. *more excitement*

Agreed!!! Hopefully we can get one more for an even Eight. If we do, I hope it's a girl. We need more of them! Would love to see a Raven or a Starfire show up...

Well if Capt. Marvel Jr is finished, we'll have 8 people.

True. However I haven't seen him in the thread and it has been awhile. We will see.

I hope she does. Capt. Marvel Jr looks like he'd be a fun character.

Man as much as I liked Teen Titans: Year One Garth. (Though I don't promise Wally will have a pet turtle he'll be able to talk too.) I'm more a fan of Young Justice Garth...

Garth.png

It's the hair... I'm a sucker for the hair. So cute.

Reactions: WesteriaVale
@Natty Yay!!! Hopefully a new member of the Team!!! Love what you got so far! How old is Garth? How long has he been crimefighting?
Yeah I should really add this! Garth is either 14/15, with him starting his crime fighting on the surface when he was around 13, while beforehand he's been on plenty of adventures with Aquaman under the sea if that counts!

Man as much as I liked Teen Titans: Year One Garth. (Though I don't promise Wally will have a pet turtle he'll be able to talk too.) I'm more a fan of Young Justice Garth...

Garth.png

It's the hair... I'm a sucker for the hair. So cute.

Yeah I was considering the Young Justice look but I think I just prefer his classic red and blue outfit!

But, man.

He looks kind of anorexic, with the fish features in his face, and all.

Yeah I'll try and find another picture!

Also any idea why the formatting has gone weird? Was fine earlier but now it has added another field for some reason!

Also any idea why the formatting has gone weird? Was fine earlier but now it has added another field for some reason!
It's just quarky. We all have problems with it. You're going to have to go into advanced editing (See wrench with paper on upper righthand corner in the box) and play around until it looks right.

It's just quarky. We all have problems with it. You're going to have to go into advanced editing (See wrench with paper on upper righthand corner in the box) and play around until it looks right.
Think I've got it now! :) Thanks

Do you know the difference between a awesome RP, and a Super-Awesome RP?

*Cue Welcome To The Jungle Music*

PRESENTATION.

IC IS HERE

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Sweet! I'll get something up later today! Looking forward to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.