All right. Still need a couple more apps, come on people! :3

Robin The Boy Wonder, Red
Tim_Drake.jpg

| Identity |

Robin, The Boy Wonder

Timothy "Drake" Wayne
Age 17

| Origin & Backstory |
Born to Lawyer Jack Drake and his loving wife Janet, Timothy Drake grew up in a nurturing home in one of the higher-end neighborhoods of Gotham. He was somewhat spoiled by his mother as she indulged his obsession with books and technology. His father, while more distant than his mother, was a man that Tim idolized and loved. Jack Drake was an attorney with an interesting set of morals. The man stood for justice, but also firmly believed in giving back to the community. The man would often liken himself to Robin Hood when he forced a corrupt businessman or politician to give back the money to the poor. Janet Drake would always laugh at his empassioned ideals and say that her beloved was more akin to the bird than a hero of legend. This moral code would cost the Drake family dearly howeer.

During the high profile case of a court official bought off by the Cobblepott family, Jack Drake made the case and succeeded in causing a large amount money to be given to charities. This hurt the Penguin greatly. As revenge, the Penguin hired the rogue Captain Boomerang to assassinate Jack Drake. Late one evening returning from a dinner date with his wife, Jack and Janet Drake were murdered in cold blood. The Batman soon apprehended Captain Boomerang and the criminal was sent to Prison. An eight year old Tim, who had been left with a nanny, received the news of his parent's death shortly after the assassin had been caught by the Batman.

The young boy was devastated. As he had no remaining family, he was placed in an orphanage close to the seedier parts of Gotham. It was here that Tim learned the necessities required for survival and picked up the street smarts that would later serve him well as Robin. However Tim never forgot who had been responsible for apprehending the man who had killed his parents. And so he followed the slightest news of the masked vigilante with a fanatic obsession. Armed with a burning desire to prevent the deaths of the innocent as his father had, Tim knew that he would need the Batman's help. And so he began to watch with the hope of discovering how to offer his aid to the Dark Knight.

A stroke of luck occurred when at the age of eleven; Tim noticed what appeared to be minor fluctuation in the stocks of Wayne Industries. Not one day later, the Hall of Justice began to be built for the Justice League. Considering this, Tim began to delve deeper into the mystery of Bruce Wayne. His research did not go unnoticed by the Dark Knight however. The Batman observed the child and found a kindred spirit. Deciding to test the boy, the Dark Knight left a trail of difficult clues for Tim to follow until it finally led the boy to the location of the Bat Cave. And he entered.

Not three months later, Timothy Drake became Timothy Wayne and he moved into the home of the Batman where his training would begin. For the next year, Bruce Wayne taught his protégé everything from languages to escapology to the martial arts. However the Batman was still not satisfied to let the child fly just yet. In order to provide the best preparation possible, Bruce sent Tim to train with some of the martial artists he himself had trained with.

His first stop was Paris, to learn from Rahul Lama, a Chinese Martial Arts master. In Paris, Tim crossed paths with some thugs working for the King Snake, who was himself being shadowed by Lady Shiva. Shiva actually joined with Tim and a man named Clyde Rawlins (who wanted revenge against Snake for the death of his family) to help take down the King Snake's heroin trafficking in the area. It was not that Shiva was opposed to it for any moral reason, she simply wished to learn for herself if the King Snake was truly as dangerous as the rumors made him out to be; a good challenge for her talents. Together, they discovered that King Snake was interested in more than just drugs; he was going into chemical weapons and manufacturing his own bubonic plague.

They followed the trail to Hong Kong, and whilst there, Shiva continue to train Tim and it was during this time that he chose the non-lethal Bo Staff as his primary weapon; much to Shiva's disappointment. King Snakes plan was to unleash his plague into Hong Kong so as to leave it a rotting cesspool before the Chinese reclaimed it from the British. The split up when they reached his lair. Clyde found him first and was quickly killed by Snake.

Tim managed to defeat the criminal, but refused to kill the man when Shiva ordered him to. He returned to Gotham, ready to take his place alongside the Batman at the age of thirteen. Deciding to take the name Robin, after his father's favorite character of legend and bird, Tim donned the mask. For the next four years, Robin would fight alongside the Batman against the crime of the city.

Now, however, a new era is beginning. It is an era in which Robin might leave the nest and fly with his own flock. Today is the day.

| Character Notes |
-Tim attends Gotham Academy on week days despite his advanced knowledge. The young man is considered exceptionally bright by his teachers and is popular with the majority of the school populace though he has no real close friends. Tim finds it difficult to connect with the civilians around him, but does his best to put on a charismatic façade. As a rising senior at the age of seventeen, Tim's primary extracurricular activities involve soccer and student government.

-Tim and Bruce have a very strong relationship and have moved beyond just mentor and protégé to the more familial relationship of father and son. Both men are reserved and quite, but there is no doubt of their loyalty to each other. Even when there are disagreements, there has always been a deep respect for each other's abilities.

-Tim has had several brief relationships with the girls at Gotham Academy, but nothing lasting as he finds it extremely difficult to connect with the immaturity of the girls his age. He prefers blondes.

-Tim and Lady Shiva have encountered each other more than once since their time together in Hong Kong. Though their encounters have been typically violent, Tim has noticed that in battle with Shiva the woman avoids lethal strikes against himself even when wide open. Shiva has stated that she will not kill Tim until he reaches his full potential.

-Tim and Alfred also have a very strong relationship. The distinguished butler views Tim much as he views Bruce and desires to keep the two both safe. Alfred has acted as the wise mediator in the disagreements that have occurred between Tim and Bruce. This is especially more so as Tim is becoming more independent.

| Skills and Equipment|
-Genius level intellect: Tim possesses the intelligence of one far beyond his years. He has knowledge in advanced and alien science; specifically in technology and genetic medicine. He has mastered several languages and forensics. The Batman has trained him in all knowledges pertaining to the art of crime fighting. Since becoming Batman's protégé, Tim has deduced several secret identities on his own such as Superman and Green Arrow. Bruce has stated that Tim is potentially smarter than himself.

-Peak Physical ability: Tim possesses the physicality of one who regularly engages in strenuous physical activity. His agility and acrobatics are Olympic level, though not to the level of a meta-human. He is capable of bench-pressing twice his weight and can use a grapple without injury.

-Martial arts: Tim has studied extensively in the martial arts and is an advanced student of styles such as Jeet Kun Do, Filipino Martial Arts, Krav Maga, and Aikido. He is considered by many to be one of the best staff fighters in the world; though in actual martial skill he would only be considered to have expert skill. The young man has many more years of training before he is capable of going toe to toe with people on the level of Richard Dragon, Lady Shiva, or Batman.

-Robin Costume: The costume is reinforced with synthesized metals and is capable of withstanding shots fired from small firearms and blades. In the belt are numerous gadgets that the Batman has created such as bat-a-rangs, smoke pellets, antidotes for most poisons, and other numerous creations.

-Collapsible Bo-Staff: Robin has since modified his Bo Staff with several additions such as an electrical charge and the ability to release paralyzing gas from the tip.

| How is this character different? |
This is Tim Drake for the most part, only switched with Grayson as the first Robin. Grayson still exists, but he is still a kid with the Flying Grayson's currently. So this is a reimagining of Tim as Batman's first protégé.

| What is your goal with this character? |
First of all just to work with the other RPers to create a great story for all to enjoy. On a more story level, I'd like to see Tim grow in relationships with other teens who he can connect with. He has had difficulty connecting with his peers because of the double life he leads. To be able to grow those relationships is a priority. Another goal is to have Tim grow beyond the Robin role. I'm not sure if I would stick to the Red Robin name as it just would not really fit in my opinion. But at the same time I'm not sure I would make him take the name Nightwing either. Hopefully the RP will assist in making that decision. One story arc I would like would be for Captain Boomerang to escape from prison, so Tim has to deal with his parent's killer.

| Sample Post |
The black domino mask added more weight to the already heavy eyelids. Rain poured down upon Gotham, yet the young man crouched upon the architecture carved into the side of the sky scraper did not cease his vigil over the city. His whole body would appear loose to the casual observer, but the trained eye would see the tensed muscles beneath the black cape. Bloodshot blue eyes gazed down into the darkened streets as he waited with a patience that had been gained over the course of experience.

"ETA Two Minutes. Is it ready?" came the gravelly voice from the comm buried in the young man's ear. Robin checked the holographic computer upon his wrist, his eyes taking but a moment to process the numerous streams of data scrolling down the blue hologram.

"It's done, but be sure to avoid fourteenth street on your way here. The area us already saturated with radium nanites," the young man's deep tenor voice spoke as his gloved fingers ran over his holo-computer, "We don't need the central system gaining any more strength than it has."

"Affirmat-"the voice suddenly cut off and static came across the comm. Robin tensed for but a second before pressing something on the computer and stating loudly into his comm,

"Penny-One, status update!"

A moment of silence passed in agony as the young man waited for a response. The young man was about to jump and make his way towards the street before a familiar voice came across the communication device,

"The Radium Nanites are attacking communication waves, Master Robin. It took a moment for the Computer systems to find a way around. The bat mobile is currently enroute. ETA is twenty five seconds."

"Confirmed, Penny-One," Robin spoke in a somewhat relieved voice as he turned his attention back to the street. The roar of the bat mobile could now be heard and the young man waited patiently to activate the device resting at his feet. Blue eyes gazed down the street where the bat mobile was being chased by a large swarm of grayish nanites. Robin waited patiently and as the bat mobile crossed the street, the masked hero hit the switch activating the device.

A loud piercing sound emanated from the device emitting its signal. Just a few hundred feet away the swarm of nanites collapsed in on themselves and disappeared. Robin sighed as he looked over the readings. The destruction of the central nanites had decommissioned the remaining robots across the city.

"Robin, do you copy?" The comm filled with Batman's voice. A brief smile crossed Tim's face and he spoke back,

"Affirmative, Batman. The nanites are deactivated. We can put out our own for a cleanup."

"Good. I'll take care of it. You head back to Penny-One. Don't forget your history paper due tomorrow."

In the dark light of the Bat mobile, the Dark Knight smiled as a loud groan came over the channel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim's accepted.

Graci! It was a pain in the butt getting that CS formatted right. For some reason I kept having two boxes within the fieldset. Somehow I fixed it though. Looking forward to the RP with everyone!

Yeah, it's tricky!

Oh also! To Artemis and Donna! (Alice and westeria I believe) Since both your characters would have probably interacted with Robin (Donna said in your CS that they had met and Artemis lives in Gotham) just let me know if there is anything y'all wanna use the character for. I am curious as to what the first meeting between Robin and Donna was like in your mind.

Sorry for any typos or crappy format, on a phone. Haha

Yeah, it's tricky!

Oh also! To Artemis and Donna! (Alice and westeria I believe) Since both your characters would have probably interacted with Robin (Donna said in your CS that they had met and Artemis lives in Gotham) just let me know if there is anything y'all wanna use the character for. I am curious as to what the first meeting between Robin and Donna was like in your mind.

Sorry for any typos or crappy format, on a phone. Haha

Well, I was using initial comic book cannon, which doesn't have to be true anymore. Because it's Tim!Robin not Dick!Robin. In the comic books Batman took robin to the Watch Tower quite a few times and Wonder Woman did once with Donna I believe (if my memory's accurate). So that's what I added in Donna's bio. So it's up to you if Donna and Tim have meet before.

Sounds good. I think that to allow more RP growth, the two know of each other and have actually seen the other on the watch tower just from a distance in passing

If Donna has observed Tim on the Watchtower he would be quiet with a calm expression on his face standing generally just a few steps behind the Batman.

Though, as I thought about it, YJ show canon and all that. "Watch tower" should be replaced with "Hall of Justice". Because even Robin hadn't been up there, even though he knew it existed. :o My bad. Haha.

Well, I could see WW introducing Donna to all her super-friends, Superman, Batman, Flash, etc. And if Robin was around, he'd probably introduce his protege, at least if we're going with YJ Batman. Though YJ Batman might have suggested to WW to have the two meet when he learned about Donna... But it all depends really. :D

Though, as I thought about it, YJ show canon and all that. "Watch tower" should be replaced with "Hall of Justice". Because even Robin hadn't been up there, even though he knew it existed. :o My bad. Haha.

Well, I could see WW introducing Donna to all her super-friends, Superman, Batman, Flash, etc. And if Robin was around, he'd probably introduce his protege, at least if we're going with YJ Batman. Though YJ Batman might have suggested to WW to have the two meet when he learned about Donna... But it all depends really. :D

That could work. Bruce would definitely be aware of Tim's disconnect with civilian peers and if he knew about Donna would suggest it. :) How long has Donna been working with Wonder Woman in crime fighting? Tim has been on the streets as Robin for four years.

Well, for the Donna I'm playing she is new off the Island, so it's her first time in "Man's World" as they put it. At this point in the story, depending on when Hillan starts it, maybe a few months tops? At the time Donna first met Tim, she probably hadn't fought any crime as it were. (If that makes any sense)

Well, for the Donna I'm playing she is new off the Island, so it's her first time in "Man's World" as they put it. At this point in the story, depending on when Hillan starts it, maybe a few months tops? At the time Donna first met Tim, she probably hadn't fought any crime as it were. (If that makes any sense)
Coolio. In that case maybe Tim has acted as a..tour guide? Haha. Batman or Diana asked him to help her acclimate?

Or we can just have them have been introduced and that's the extent of their interaction so far. Whatever you prefer :)

Coolio. In that case maybe Tim has acted as a..tour guide? Haha. Batman or Diana asked him to help her acclimate?

Or we can just have them have been introduced and that's the extent of their interaction so far. Whatever you prefer :)
Number 1, Make it so. (Aka, I like the first) As for who's idea it was, maybe it was mutual? They arrived at the same conclusion.

Would Donna know who Tim was?

If Donna is familiar with Super-heroes she would know of his reputation as Batman's sidekick and similar skills to the Dark Knight. Also whatever Wonder Woman has stated about him.

As for secret Identity, it would really depend on what is Donna doing? Like will Donna be attending Gotham Academy? Would there be a reason for her to know his identity to assist in helping her acclimate? Or would they only interact as Heroes?

@PastaSentient, I don't know if Robin and Artemis's paths would have ever crossed. Maybe before she went undercover and left home, but she wasn't actually a hero for very long before she was recruited for the team. But if you want to add something between the two then we could do that! Maybe along with Batman and Green Arrow he can know of Artemi's true identity since they've met before or something? I don't know! How big is Gotham City and the likeliness that they would have met?

If Donna is familiar with Super-heroes she would know of his reputation as Batman's sidekick and similar skills to the Dark Knight. Also whatever Wonder Woman has stated about him.

As for secret Identity, it would really depend on what is Donna doing? Like will Donna be attending Gotham Academy? Would there be a reason for her to know his identity to assist in helping her acclimate? Or would they only interact as Heroes?
Probably the later. I can't see her going to Gotham.

Status
Not open for further replies.