You, no memories, in fictional science fantasy land.(OOC)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if I made things complex. I want you guys to use strategy. I want thing to be surprising instead of matters to automatically succeed without chances to fail. Once again, sorry. But this is the way things will go. T-T
But that's where us as flexible writers come in. It shouldn't take someone pushing us left or right to keep us from diverting off-center. If people can't write their characters to have accidents, flaws, quirks, misunderstandings, issues, etc. Well that's on them. Dictating how their actions turn out doesn't help that, it kinda hinders it.

ALSO MY SIGNATURE CHANGED TO A LATINO DUDE IN THE SHOWER.

WTF

• Love
Reactions: Roose Hurro
But that's where us as flexible writers come in. It shouldn't take someone pushing us left or right to keep us from diverting off-center. If people can't write their characters to have accidents, flaws, quirks, misunderstandings, issues, etc. Well that's on them. Dictating how their actions turn out doesn't help that, it kinda hinders it.

ALSO MY SIGNATURE CHANGED TO A LATINO DUDE IN THE SHOWER.

WTF
I apologize in advance. I don't see how me deciding the outcome would hinder you. This is supposed to make you wonder whether what you do will succeed or not. If you yourself decide whether your character gets hit or not, then there is not much point of me managing this roleplay. I stated that I will decide the outcomes in the first post of the interests check. I intended your players to roleplay and act as their characters. Not deciding the fate of your character. You can have your character do anything they want, just like real life. But whether your character succeed or not will not be entirely up to you, just like real life.

I am not saying that I will decide all of the action that you do. Mundane actions will of course succeed automatically. But the important things such as stabbing a person should be decided by me. I will not randomly decide the outcome. I will take in the logic of your character's movement.

Actually, yes it would hinder you. Just as I said, I don't want your character's actions to automatically succeed. You will have to work for your character to succeed. This is not story telling. This is real roleplaying. You would have to go through the obstacle that hinders you and find answer beyond. This is the adventure.

I still ended up having to cut out a portion of my last post, due to being "reminded" (by Windsong) that my character COULDN'T ACT... that I couldn't have my character react to Kaddoc's character falling into the water and hitting his head (after being attacked by the "snake lady"). So, creatively speaking, my ability to freely interact in what is, at this moment, interpersonal character interaction INTENDED TO BUILD OUR "MEMORY-FREE" characters into "memory-making" individuals... well, it's been restricted by this "rule" here: "I don't want your character's actions to automatically succeed." Now, yes, I do get what you're getting at. However, this should only apply to things relevant to whatever "quest" you have planned for us. Not for how our characters... our PLAYER characters... interact with each other. Only with how they interact with the environment and NPCs you control.

Which is how I though this whole RP would be managed. But it seems I was wrong. The very fact Kaddoc had his character injured should have told you that "automatically succeed" was not what WE were looking for. As an example, here is my post as originally written:

Hrrrrrr…!

This strange sensation in his sinuses had gone away with his explosive sneeze. He felt… fine. Despite the evidence in his hands, he appeared unharmed. And it didn't look like the slime. Didn't… *sniff-sniff*… smell like the slime. Didn't… *lick*… taste like the slime…….

Suddenly, sharp quills stood on end, fur puffed out best as it could, his attentions diverted to the sudden ruckus of lamia and human… fighting. Sight, sound, scent… FEEL! ... yes, he felt something well up from deep inside, perhaps some part of his species' nature, perhaps some… some impression from a past he couldn't remember, if past he had. No. No! Thoughts of snot wiped aside, he rushed to the water, not happy about getting wet so soon after he'd gotten some manner of dry. But. But he FELT…

"No! No! Bad snake lady!" *Glare*

A splash as he threw himself back into the river, only caring that the stone-holding one was under water. And an intense feeling that being under water in this way was very, very bad! So, with a surge of effort, for all his rush, careful with his claws, he lifted the human from the water, carried him to shore and set him carefully on the grass near the riverbank. Down again on his haunches, not sure what else to do.

Dripping again. Now feeling helpless…….

Tell me again where I "automatically succeeded" in anything other than pulling a human out of the water. Kaddoc and I should have had free choice in this, as a means of building character relationships. It's difficult enough playing characters who are supposed to be "newborn" without memories... and yet FLUENT in the "native" language. I can't remember who said it, but one of our players mentioned that they made the assumption, due to our FLUENT language skills, we'd have to have "knowledge" of the associations that make a person FLUENT in a language. Even though our characters, in their circumstance, would have no knowledge... no idea how they know said language so well.

All I know is, the creative excitement I felt at the challenge of playing... of doing the CHARACTER BUILDING you said this RP would focus on... well, that excitement is waning. Because my creativity is being restrained, rather than let loose to BUILD MY CHARACTER. If my character is my character... if all the players here are in charge of their own characters... then we should be free to interact with each other, without feeling restrained.

To be honest, Shade... your "stake" in this is to play what you said you would play. The Environment and the NPCs. Those are YOUR CHOSEN CHARACTERS in this RP, your role as GM. So, you should be following RP etiquette... the same RULES we have to follow. As in: No godmoding, no power playing, no bunnying (like you did with my character)... really, even as GM, all the common rules still apply.

And, to be honest again, I'd like to see this RP succeed. I'd like to see it not only last, but grow. For ALL OF US.

Need I say more?

Well, yes. One more thing (actually, just more), to show how serious I am here: If my character is to die, his death should not be dictated by you. If you want to make this like a "tabletop" campaign, well, we're still telling a STORY here, despite what you've said. And if my character does something stupid enough to get him killed, then I want to WRITE THE STORY of his death. As to whether his "wounds" result in him falling dead in the moment, or whether those "wounds" make him linger. Shade, I am way ahead in my own creative juices here. Given your first post and my interest, my choosing a character to play, I have already played many possible scenes in my head. Including scenes of injury and death, of laughter and sorrow. Of pleasure and pain. Ideas to use, should YOU determine, in your playing of your "character(s)"... and your role as GM... what should/could happen, based on what I've written.

Aaand I'm running dry here. Suffice to say, the "game" here is NOT just "RP"... not "This is not storytelling." I'm making an assumption, but I'll bet not just me, but all the others came into this RP specifically TO TELL A STORY. About their characters. Not to have a GM dictate where and when their characters can pee. Yes, I imagine (if this RP continues) we'll find many "obstacles that hinders" and many "answers beyond." That is what caught my interest. What made me excited to join this.

I've had so many RPs just die. I'm tired of all the funerals. All the "tears" and lost stories. Let's try not to burry this one.

Reactions: Windsong
This is a mysterious adventure in a world in which I control. I will act as all the NPC and as the environment. When you move your character, I will tell you what your eyes sees, what your nose smells, what your ear hears, and what your skin feels. You can act and react to your surroundings, but you have no control of the outcome of your actions as I will post it for you. You will choose what kind of creature you are, be it a half human half animal, an elf, a dwarf, or orc, but you will still be of the humanoid kind. What race you choose will effect how the native sees you. As a newborn, you will not have scars on your body. This will be an adventure where you can do as you wish and wander the place. It will be like a game where the fate of your actions is not up to you. You may find a settlement, you may find beast, you may find life, or you may find your death. Whatever it will be, it will be a surprise. This will similar to playing The Elder Scrolls, but by writing and much more actions to do. Imagine the character as yourself, stuck in a new land where you have no knowledge about.
Above is the paragraph in where I stated what I wanted to do. I guess I didn't state that I will determine whether you characters gets injured or not in this roleplay. I should really emphasis that next time I make a roleplay.

So, I guess it is fair enough that you don't want me to determine whether your character gets injured or not. Therefore, I will be deleting my last post and you can continue on as you did. That is if @Windsong, @Kaddoc, @Roose Hurro, still want to continue. I will only be reacting to the actions you do to the environment and NPC.

I still ended up having to cut out a portion of my last post, due to being "reminded" (by Windsong) that my character COULDN'T ACT... that I couldn't have my character react to Kaddoc's character falling into the water and hitting his head (after being attacked by the "snake lady"). So, creatively speaking, my ability to freely interact in what is, at this moment, interpersonal character interaction INTENDED TO BUILD OUR "MEMORY-FREE" characters into "memory-making" individuals... well, it's been restricted by this "rule" here: "I don't want your character's actions to automatically succeed." Now, yes, I do get what you're getting at. However, this should only apply to things relevant to whatever "quest" you have planned for us. Not for how our characters... our PLAYER characters... interact with each other. Only with how they interact with the environment and NPCs you control.

Which is how I though this whole RP would be managed. But it seems I was wrong. The very fact Kaddoc had his character injured should have told you that "automatically succeed" was not what WE were looking for. As an example, here is my post as originally written:

Hrrrrrr…!

This strange sensation in his sinuses had gone away with his explosive sneeze. He felt… fine. Despite the evidence in his hands, he appeared unharmed. And it didn't look like the slime. Didn't… *sniff-sniff*… smell like the slime. Didn't… *lick*… taste like the slime…….

Suddenly, sharp quills stood on end, fur puffed out best as it could, his attentions diverted to the sudden ruckus of lamia and human… fighting. Sight, sound, scent… FEEL! ... yes, he felt something well up from deep inside, perhaps some part of his species' nature, perhaps some… some impression from a past he couldn't remember, if past he had. No. No! Thoughts of snot wiped aside, he rushed to the water, not happy about getting wet so soon after he'd gotten some manner of dry. But. But he FELT…

"No! No! Bad snake lady!" *Glare*

A splash as he threw himself back into the river, only caring that the stone-holding one was under water. And an intense feeling that being under water in this way was very, very bad! So, with a surge of effort, for all his rush, careful with his claws, he lifted the human from the water, carried him to shore and set him carefully on the grass near the riverbank. Down again on his haunches, not sure what else to do.

Dripping again. Now feeling helpless…….

Tell me again where I "automatically succeeded" in anything other than pulling a human out of the water. Kaddoc and I should have had free choice in this, as a means of building character relationships. It's difficult enough playing characters who are supposed to be "newborn" without memories... and yet FLUENT in the "native" language. I can't remember who said it, but one of our players mentioned that they made the assumption, due to our FLUENT language skills, we'd have to have "knowledge" of the associations that make a person FLUENT in a language. Even though our characters, in their circumstance, would have no knowledge... no idea how they know said language so well.

All I know is, the creative excitement I felt at the challenge of playing... of doing the CHARACTER BUILDING you said this RP would focus on... well, that excitement is waning. Because my creativity is being restrained, rather than let loose to BUILD MY CHARACTER. If my character is my character... if all the players here are in charge of their own characters... then we should be free to interact with each other, without feeling restrained.

To be honest, Shade... your "stake" in this is to play what you said you would play. The Environment and the NPCs. Those are YOUR CHOSEN CHARACTERS in this RP, your role as GM. So, you should be following RP etiquette... the same RULES we have to follow. As in: No godmoding, no power playing, no bunnying (like you did with my character)... really, even as GM, all the common rules still apply.

And, to be honest again, I'd like to see this RP succeed. I'd like to see it not only last, but grow. For ALL OF US.

Need I say more?

Well, yes. One more thing (actually, just more), to show how serious I am here: If my character is to die, his death should not be dictated by you. If you want to make this like a "tabletop" campaign, well, we're still telling a STORY here, despite what you've said. And if my character does something stupid enough to get him killed, then I want to WRITE THE STORY of his death. As to whether his "wounds" result in him falling dead in the moment, or whether those "wounds" make him linger. Shade, I am way ahead in my own creative juices here. Given your first post and my interest, my choosing a character to play, I have already played many possible scenes in my head. Including scenes of injury and death, of laughter and sorrow. Of pleasure and pain. Ideas to use, should YOU determine, in your playing of your "character(s)"... and your role as GM... what should/could happen, based on what I've written.

Aaand I'm running dry here. Suffice to say, the "game" here is NOT just "RP"... not "This is not storytelling." I'm making an assumption, but I'll bet not just me, but all the others came into this RP specifically TO TELL A STORY. About their characters. Not to have a GM dictate where and when their characters can pee. Yes, I imagine (if this RP continues) we'll find many "obstacles that hinders" and many "answers beyond." That is what caught my interest. What made me excited to join this.

I've had so many RPs just die. I'm tired of all the funerals. All the "tears" and lost stories. Let's try not to burry this one.

Below is the explanation of what I actually intended to do if the outcome of your actions towards other PC is in my power.

-Windsong's character acted to coil her body around Kaddoc's character. So, the lamia will either succeed in doing so or not. In the case that she failed and Kaddoc's character was able to dodge her, will Roose Hurro's character have the chance to try and save Kaddoc's character? The path of the story is diverse and it could be determined by the success and failure of every actions. That is why I didn't want anyone to post in advance before I posted the outcome.

This is now in the past.

I want this roleplay to succeed as well. I too have my shares of dying and dead roleplays.

Reactions: Greenie
I'm still here but I don't have anything to reply to ^_^ I'm waiting for @Heyitsjiwon

I shall be patient, I'm slow anyway because I'm moving soon. :)

Sorry for being quiet. Finals are coming. I have 5 in the span from Monday to Wednesday, so please feel free to ignore me/my character for the sake of moving things along. I won't be able to start posting until things settle down (next weekend or so).

I can honestly wait, I don't mind in the least :3

Nice to hear from our other two players! And thanks, Shade. Does this mean I can restore what I originally wrote? I know we can work together to patch things, and get this rolling again.

I'm going to discontinue here, officially.

There was action and a simple reaction and apparently my reaction did a Henderson derailment.

As a rule if a simple cause and effect is enough to cause a disturbance in the roleplay, it is time for me to leave.

Nice to hear from our other two players! And thanks, Shade. Does this mean I can restore what I originally wrote? I know we can work together to patch things, and get this rolling again.

I don' know if we can since kaddoc no longer want to continue. I don't even know who is still in and who has quit.

I'm still in. I hope it can continue :o I was looking forward to it.

I think windsong quit as well. If we want to continue this roleplay, I have to do something to their characters. But first, who here seriously want to continue? I need confirmation or else I'd just be tripping.

I am interested in continuing... just not this week.

I think windsong quit as well. If we want to continue this roleplay, I have to do something to their characters. But first, who here seriously want to continue? I need confirmation or else I'd just be tripping.
How about waiting for me to reply before bad-mouthing me directly in a General Thread about Pet-Peeves in roleplay? Hm?

And yes, I'm quite done here. The general lack of coherence, direction, and enforcement of rules is quite off-putting. If you're truly dead set on controlling everything involving a story I'd suggest hosting an online D&D session.

Oh right, you've never played a table-top RPG. I'd suggest checking out the free core books online. You might actually have some fun with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am interested!!

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.