You, no memories, in fictional science fantasy land.(OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fear is almost always learned or taught at a decent age. A toddler doesn't fear something he's never encountered unless it's similar to something else they've learned to fear.

Loud noises I'll give you.
Actually, in the tv show Brain Games, it is said that out encestral memories of dangerous matter is branded in our mind. Therefore, we will realize that scorpions, snakes, spiders, an other animals to be dangerous at first sight.

Yea, but there's studies that both conflict and support that claim. The truth? Who knows. But, I assume that despite not having memories. Our language allows us to make certain basic associations. Like we know the word snake and can identify them. Thus, we can also identify dangerous/harmful traits about them. At least, that's the basic assumption I've been running on.

Actually, in the tv show Brain Games, it is said that out encestral memories of dangerous matter is branded in our mind. Therefore, we will realize that scorpions, snakes, spiders, an other animals to be dangerous at first sight.
It's instinct from when we still had to worry about those things crawling into your bed. Humans can't pass memory down like that. We fear them simply because they're different.

Yea, but there's studies that both conflict and support that claim. The truth? Who knows. But, I assume that despite not having memories. Our language allows us to make certain basic associations. Like we know the word snake and can identify them. Thus, we can also identify dangerous/harmful traits about them. At least, that's the basic assumption I've been running on.
But being totally newborn and without memory would it make sense to know that snake = bad, even when the top half isn't very different from themselves?

Kaddoc... my critter doesn't have feathers. Yes, the "Image" has feathers, but I included a list of changes (because I don't have an image of this particular character/species), and have several times described my character as having quills, not feathers. Thanks...

Oh, and Windsong? No beak... muzzle, with "raccoonish" teeth and four nostrils. Also, Thanks...

Quills as in porcupine quills? Pointy quills? Not feather quills fpr writing?

And what did your character ewwed about?

Pretty sure he sneezed into his 'hands' and saw it.

here hadn't really been a whole lot else running through the lamia's mind as she watched the short scene unfold before her. The deer had only been such a brief distraction that it was all but forgotten as she continued to rise bit by bit upon her scaled lower half upwards to see what was going on.

Before long she had rise up and over the water quite a ways, lips partially opened to reveal a set of fangs within that seemed a little less opaque than the rest of her mostly human teeth.

It hadn't really occurred to her what she was about to do was either bold or brave. Just that it was simply the right thing to do. Not that she'd feel very safe with someone holding a rock that large over her. Even if it landed on her scaled body it'd be extremely painful. With something as small as that creature it could be deadly.

Like a bolt her body shot forward. A blink of an eye could miss the action as she aimed to take down the man wielding the rock and lash her lengthy coiled lower half around his extremities and arms. The urge to bite was strong, but resistance was stronger, unsure of how bad her bite would end up.
So here is where the action and reaction takes place. @Windsong has made an action towards @Kaddoc's character. @Kaddoc , you should react to the action but not write the outcome of what happens. I will write whether Windsong's action towards Kaddoc's character succeeds or fails after the reaction is done.

So here is where the action and reaction takes place. @Windsong has made an action towards @Kaddoc's character. @Kaddoc , you should react to the action but not write the outcome of what happens. I will write whether Windsong's action towards Kaddoc's character succeeds or fails after the reaction is done.

So.. He reacts.. But can do nothing otherwise?

Quills as in porcupine quills? Pointy quills? Not feather quills for writing?
Yes... it's in the profile info, all the important changes. I even mentioned that Deen's (a completely different character/species) feathered shroudruff would, in this new character/species, be replaced by a shouldermane and quills. If I had meant feathers, I wouldn't have had to note any changes to that part of his anatomy.

Pretty sure he sneezed into his 'hands' and saw it.
Indeed he did! Snot is not pretty... especially when you can't remember ever having done or seen such a thing.

I see.

@Roose Hurro , I know you have a unique style to your writing, but please make some things obvious :P Sorry for the inconvenience.
I thought I had. But I'll see what I can do, in future.

Edit: Oh, yeah, writing style. Well, I'm writing from the point of view of an "alien" non-human/humanoid "critter" who has no memories. And who, due to multiple sinuses in a muzzled face, wouldn't sneeze with a simple "Ahhh-chooo!" Not to mention, that particular soundword tends to be overused. And just as Heyitsjiwon mentioned earlier in this thread, I too am making certain assumptions about my character's particular reaction to language associations. Him being non-human/humanoid, I see him as reacting differently from a half-elf or human. Him, having to hear words or see things to make associations for the first time. I hope you've noted his rather literal-mindedness... hopefully, as we go further, you will note a child-like quality, which I'm also going for here. After all, our characters are supposed to be "newborn." And can therefore be considered "children" from a mental/emotional standpoint, despite our adult physical maturity.

Oh... heh... I also have plans for how my character would react to his first dream experience. Our characters will have to sleep sometime!

Aand a question: How would my character get involved? Given I imagine he will also react to this "attack"... given how close he is to the one being "attacked."

Last edited:
How would my character get involved? Given I imagine he will also react to this "attack"... given how close he is to the one being "attacked."
You can react to it as well if you want. But for instance, if you decide to attempt in blocking the attacking from hitting Kaddoc's character, whether you succeed or not, it will still be up to me.

Kaddoc... my critter doesn't have feathers. Yes, the "Image" has feathers, but I included a list of changes (because I don't have an image of this particular character/species), and have several times described my character as having quills, not feathers. Thanks...

Oh, and Windsong? No beak... muzzle, with "raccoonish" teeth and four nostrils. Also, Thanks...
Your picture is misleading.

edit.jpg

I changed the feathered wings into needle quills.

Still looks like feathers to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.