YAY UPDATES ARE DONE! NOT ALL OF THEM BUT YAY IMPORTANT STUFF!

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
MY ONE COMPLAINT:

Clicking "watched threads" takes you to "unread watched threads", so it takes one more click to get to the full watched threads list, which is a bit annoying.

I know I'm not the most active poster here, and I'm very late to speak up, but the new layout is not as convenient as the old one. Searching through one starter post to get the RP's information was no trouble without the extra tabs. It just requires more clicking to search for what seems interesting. Previously, I could get to the site, jump right on to a category's "signups" section to see if anything caught my eye, what was active, what was overcrowded, etc... And if an IC topic had been started, it was usually posted in the signup's opener, so there was very little difference in that area.

With the new format, going to any particular section just gives a list of the RPs most recently posted or given attention by their GM, with some flavor text which actually tends to tell me less than hovering my mouse over the title and getting the first couple sentences of the overview. Extra clicks to get the character sheet, extra clicks to get an indication of whether or not people are signing up and how recently, extra clicks to see if the GM is still in the thread giving feedback, opening another tab to sign up whilst looking back at the character outline... It doesn't make for as friendly a browsing experience.

Reactions: Vinter
Personally I would agree that the new update slows things down... for RP searching purposes.

But in regards to actually taking part in the RP? Which is what the majority of players time will be spent doing?
That's where I find it becomes handy, it allows convenient sorting/organization of so much information that'd just litter the main page and result in massive scrolling otherwise.

This would be an even bigger boon once the Staff find a way to add the ability of giving new tabs without the site complaining.

Reactions: Mr. Briggs Inc.
Ah, before I stumble into an active roleplay (and I usually try to keep to one at a time, on and off this site) I often tend to sign up for one or two that never get anywhere, so I do actually spend a lot of time scouring signups before doing any RPing x_X. It could be a problem for users active in several RPs at a time though, so fair's fair.

The scrolling, on the other hand, never bothered me. I suppose because I access the site from a laptop and posters usually get past page 1 in a jiffy.

Status
Not open for further replies.