YAY UPDATES ARE DONE! NOT ALL OF THEM BUT YAY IMPORTANT STUFF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
72478b5d4ea1cb6be6929b6a2fa0d29a.jpg

PRAISE THE ALL-SEEING OWL DIANA!
OH SHIT. IS DIANA PART OF THE ILLUMINOWLTI?

Alright, so maybe I missed something, I rarely understand the technical talk after all, but it seems like in the OP of a lot of roleplays there is simply a star.
It's not all gone, you'll find it as the auto-inserted information with your newly created roleplay here: Roleplays | IwakuRoleplay.com

I forgot to mention that in the announcement. I couldn't find a way to make it NOT do that. ;___;

But you CAN copy and paste it all back to that first post if necessary.
yar!

Wow I love this new setup!

Just one question...why does the top of the site say ZIPPED instead of Iwaku?

Wow I love this new setup!

Just one question...why does the top of the site say ZIPPED instead of Iwaku?
This is something I noticed only happens on mobile, I think.

I have no idea why it does that. @Diana

• Thank You
Reactions: Ravenbelle
Oh uh. Okay then. Ehe. Are the banners on their way too or are they not showing on mobile?

@fatalrendezvous

I can't answer whether or not the banners show on mobile because I have adblock on my iPhone and never whitelisted Iwaku on it like I did on my computers. So I have no idea.

So, someone asked me this and I thought I'd ask here since I have absolutely no idea(because I'm still newbie staff): Is there a way to view a master list of the available tags for roleplays(as well as the resume)?

Oh uh. Okay then. Ehe. Are the banners on their way too or are they not showing on mobile?
Banners are cached and taking a while to reappear. O_O

So, someone asked me this and I thought I'd ask here since I have absolutely no idea(because I'm still newbie staff): Is there a way to view a master list of the available tags for roleplays(as well as the resume)?

this will heeeelp: Search Tags | IwakuRoleplay.com But is not showing ALL the tags. I am looking for the way to show all available tags. >>

Banners are cached and taking a while to reappear. O_O

this will heeeelp: Search Tags | IwakuRoleplay.com But is not showing ALL the tags. I am looking for the way to show all available tags. >>
Thank you much, Diana~ Take your time in figuring it out. You've done plenty for all of us within the past few days. Cut yourself some slack. ^_^

So, When's the site back up?

Disclaimer: I didn't get to ask during the update, so I had to get it out of my system now :P

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: 1 person

So I noticed in the 1x1 partner search there is no longer the list of tags after the title, allowing you to see what they were looking for before you clicked on the thread. Is this gone for good? I found it to be very useful since titles don't tell you all the things the tags used to (posting expectations, content etc).

*loudest gasp of them all*

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-14%20at%208.15.12%20PM.png

THE BROWSER TABS FOR ROLEPLAYS ARE LABELED AS THE ACTUAL ROLEPLAY NAME AND NOT JUST THE CATEGORY THEY'RE IN.

THIS IS THE MOST HELPFUL THING.

UI changes make my head hurt, why do you torment me so Diana

Thank you, thank you! For the awesome totowly amazing updates, Diana! You Wonder Woman you! :D

So, the signup/interest check forums have been merged with the IC forums?? YUCK! It seems that Diana is not exactly a wise old owl after all.

DO NOT QUOTE MY POST. MY ANXIETY IS HIGH AS IT IS, I DO NOT NEED ANY MORE STRESS.

I'm not a big fan of the new features. For starters (and you have no idea how hard I'm hoping this is one of those things only the user themself can see), the whole roleplay master list display in the threads. Please understand I am an extremely private person and having such roleplay information out on display for the general public is not okay. Sure I can move my private roleplays to private messages to get around this, but my partners don't like this means of roleplaying and niether do I, but never have I felt so uncomfortable playing in the forums.

Secondly, I feel the OOC threads are needlessly complicated. I thought when tabs were mentioned, it'd mean the roleplay would take place in one thread but have tabs separating the OOC from the IC. But this? What's the point? All you're doing is seperating the main post from the rest of the thread and it makes no sense. Some users are simply transferring information from the seperated post back to the other roleplay thread where it had been replaced with a star thus making it pointless. It looks messy honestly, but this is mainly a personal opinion (but personally opinion or not, there will be users who feel entitled to pick my post apart and I'm not in a position to care whether or not they disagree with me).

Third feature I wish wasn't a thing: the combination of the reseme tab and the information tab. Why wasn't there any warning? And if you simply moved what information was under the Information tab I would appreciate you telling me where I can find this information. I really hope it wasn't straight up deleted.

I know I am not supposed to quote you Noctis, but I agree with the OOC threads being not needed. It's of course not that critical. Just takes some time getting used to, but I really miss having all of my needed information in the first post. It worked just fine before, and that's where spoilers were usually used. Even made it more fancy to have everything in the first post rather than a separate page. Having a rating system for roleplays also makes me kinda nervous. When making characters I don't mind criticism. That's why I create them for the character board. But roleplays are something that should be enjoyed and not rated.
The rest takes some getting used to, but I don't mind that. If not too much to ask, how about making a public poll on what people think about certain features? Just an idea.

Reactions: LunaValentine
Status
Not open for further replies.