< Yami Ga Kuru > | Plot & SignUps |

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Will you be joining?

• Enroll me!

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • I'm making a character sheet soon!

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
126883.jpg

Name: Kabuto Mashiro

Physical description: A relatively tall but slim young man, Kabuto has dark eyes and hair chopped to remain in a sensible fashion. His general appearance is a studious one - a body more akin to reading books than running track.

Personality: Kabuto is bookish but can also be rather brass. His desire to seek out greater knowledge means he can come across as rude and condescending.

History: Kabuto was a neglected child and so lost himself in books from a young age. He lived in an adjoining prefecture of Japan, but having become engrossed in books on the occult and the dark mystic magicks, he enrolled at Sorcerers, hoping to climb the steps of ambition and attain ultimate knowledge.

Magical Abilities: Kabuto's studies have very much focussed on the arcane side of magic - spells not steeped in the spheres of the elements, but those drawing on dark insular energies. His magic has been honed to concentrate on bodily organs, and though far from perfect, he can attempt to restart a faltering heart, while at the same time attempt to asphyxiate an enemy from the inside. All of Kabuto's magic comes with a personal cost however...

Battle response (This is where you will write your reaction post): His opponent moved almost instantaneously, and he was taken by surprise by the sudden sidestep. The knife came next. There was no time. He ducked, dropped, and rolled hard to the left. His shoulder popped with the movement, sending a surge of pain through his body. No sooner had he dodged the knife, his opponent launched into the air and prepared for a more visceral assault. Forcing himself up against the pain, there was only one thing he could do. Sparks fluttered from his hands, and he breathed deeply before releasing a curtain of flames that enveloped him. He dashed as the wind scythes began to hit. The fire wavered, but often deadened the air blasts. One got through an opening, slashing the shoulder he had popped. A small spray of blood. He ignored the pain, moving with the fire, until the assault began to slow. He twisted abruptly, and eyes cast across the horizon, scouted for his opponent. There. He released the fire energy, sending a blast into the air, hoping to end the conflict once and for all.

Reactions: IAmEnzo
Is there a particular time we should come in to the story? :)

Okay, I'll read up when I get home from work and see where I can jump in. Thanks!

16e4f2f52f29f4addeeff48f77b0e66e1307079183_full.jpg

Name:
Sonya Takeru

Physical description:
She has a long feather tattooed on the outside of her right calf in white ink, black DJ headphones that sit around her neck and a light pin iPod mini occasionally hidden in her scarf.

Personality:
Sonya is very caring and strong willed. She doesn't take no for an answer when helping others. She has a bright spirit and knack for remembering things that are otherwise useless. She tries to find the good in everything, believing nobody is completely bad. Sonya also has an affinity for cute things and cannot help cooing or cuddling who/whatever got her attention. She is also fairly serious when it comes to certain matters. There is a list of things that she does not tolerate and when any of those are touched upon she can get unreasonable.

History:
Sonya was an orphan adopted by a Japanese family. She is part African American, part Japanese. Why her original parents left her at the orphanage is a mystery as well as who they are. Sonya only knows that they are no longer in the country after trying to find them for a year. She never had much luck with friends in school since most figured her to be a ganguro girl because of her dark skin tone and occasional light colored gloss. She loves her foster family regardless of who her real parents are, but she gets curious seeing as she apparently has special abilities most likely from one of their sides of the family. She decided to go to the academy after an accident with rare glass pieces and an argument.

Magical Abilities:
Sonya can manipulate sound waves and vibrations. She can expand or compress sound waves, making them louder or quieter- deeper or higher in pitch. On the defense she can use sound waves to cause migraines, temporary deafness, numbness and unconsciousness when using high enough frequencies. As she became more aware of her abilities she learned to control the vibrations caused from the slightest movements, speaking and even noise in silence. She is still a novice but is very interested in using certain sounds and frequencies to heal others.

Her DJ headphones are her output for music either from her iPod or from memories. When using her memory to create sound, much like plugging them into a large sound system, she holds the tail end of the phones between her fingers to connect them to her stored rhythms. She can also increase the strength of the sound waves for offensive attacks. Her headphones act as amplifiers and she manipulates the waves by either increasing their effectiveness by slowing them down to to low, resounding notes or higher pitched quick damage.

Battle response:
Sonya smiled as she took the end of her headphones between her fingers and a low melody started to play, befitting the stare down she and her opponent were currently engaged in. She waited until he made the first move and set the end of her phones between her teeth then raised her hands to cross in front of her chest as the air around her started to warp, giving a visual of her pending attack. She caught the thrown knife in a wave of high frequencies that clashed against the bade, sending it flying into a wall. She attacked with a barrage of stunning high frequency sound waves just as he propelled himself into the air.

She looked up just in time to see him send a rain of slicing wind attacks her way. She attempted to run out of the way but only barely dodged one and her ankle took the punishment. Sonya was grounded so she had to half each gust with blasts of deep, low frequency bass though she still experienced some windburn from the separate pieces that slammed past her on either side. She countered the remaining attacks with a massive burst of low frequency vibrations amplified by her own manipulation of the music flowing from her headphones. The attacks met in the air, creating a sonic boom that deafened both parties as they were thrown apart in the blast.

16e4f2f52f29f4addeeff48f77b0e66e1307079183_full.jpg

Name:
Sonya Takeru

Physical description:
She has a long feather tattooed on the outside of her right calf in white ink, black DJ headphones that sit around her neck and a light pin iPod mini occasionally hidden in her scarf.

Personality:
Sonya is very caring and strong willed. She doesn't take no for an answer when helping others. She has a bright spirit and knack for remembering things that are otherwise useless. She tries to find the good in everything, believing nobody is completely bad. Sonya also has an affinity for cute things and cannot help cooing or cuddling who/whatever got her attention. She is also fairly serious when it comes to certain matters. There is a list of things that she does not tolerate and when any of those are touched upon she can get unreasonable.

History:
Sonya was an orphan adopted by a Japanese family. She is part African American, part Japanese. Why her original parents left her at the orphanage is a mystery as well as who they are. Sonya only knows that they are no longer in the country after trying to find them for a year. She never had much luck with friends in school since most figured her to be a ganguro girl because of her dark skin tone and occasional light colored gloss. She loves her foster family regardless of who her real parents are, but she gets curious seeing as she apparently has special abilities most likely from one of their sides of the family. She decided to go to the academy after an accident with rare glass pieces and an argument.

Magical Abilities:
Sonya can manipulate sound waves and vibrations. She can expand or compress sound waves, making them louder or quieter- deeper or higher in pitch. On the defense she can use sound waves to cause migraines, temporary deafness, numbness and unconsciousness when using high enough frequencies. As she became more aware of her abilities she learned to control the vibrations caused from the slightest movements, speaking and even noise in silence. She is still a novice but is very interested in using certain sounds and frequencies to heal others.

Her DJ headphones are her output for music either from her iPod or from memories. When using her memory to create sound, much like plugging them into a large sound system, she holds the tail end of the phones between her fingers to connect them to her stored rhythms. She can also increase the strength of the sound waves for offensive attacks. Her headphones act as amplifiers and she manipulates the waves by either increasing their effectiveness by slowing them down to to low, resounding notes or higher pitched quick damage.

Battle response:
Sonya smiled as she took the end of her headphones between her fingers and a low melody started to play, befitting the stare down she and her opponent were currently engaged in. She waited until he made the first move and set the end of her phones between her teeth then raised her hands to cross in front of her chest as the air around her started to warp, giving a visual of her pending attack. She caught the thrown knife in a wave of high frequencies that clashed against the bade, sending it flying into a wall. She attacked with a barrage of stunning high frequency sound waves just as he propelled himself into the air.

She looked up just in time to see him send a rain of slicing wind attacks her way. She attempted to run out of the way but only barely dodged one and her ankle took the punishment. Sonya was grounded so she had to half each gust with blasts of deep, low frequency bass though she still experienced some windburn from the separate pieces that slammed past her on either side. She countered the remaining attacks with a massive burst of low frequency vibrations amplified by her own manipulation of the music flowing from her headphones. The attacks met in the air, creating a sonic boom that deafened both parties as they were thrown apart in the blast.

Awesome character sheet...sorry to sound forward, but sound waves and headphones? My character Jacen is a technology whiz along with a lightning mage. These two definitely gotta link up in the story lol.

Awesome character sheet...sorry to sound forward, but sound waves and headphones? My character Jacen is a technology whiz along with a lightning mage. These two definitely gotta link up in the story lol.

Hahaha! I did realize there was someone else with headphones there. They should xD

Hahaha! I did realize there was someone else with headphones there. They should xD
That's actually a common trait of any character I do...they always have to have some sort of headphones lol.
It's also refreshing to see another mixed race OC in the RP, looking forward to your posts in YGK.
Welcome! :)

>was on a roadtrip
>rain soaked all my luggage on my night back
>spent three days drying everything off
>sending laptop to repair service :[
>using dad's desktop

>catching up and will post soon ;~;

As a result, I also don't have skype access, sorry!

• Thank You
Thank you!

Question~ are we all supposed to have orange key cards?

EDIT: I'm guessing I'm one of the "missing orange team members" xD

What should I do?

At this point, Mirari is late, so you can say she slept in or something. As far as her being on the team (This is essential), Enzo will recruit her into it after their training session.

Oh yeah, and you were supposed to have an orange card. :D

• Love
Reactions: AiDee
Okay, thank you!
If I'm clear, Mirai is just watching for now right?

Ah damnit. I'm pretty late as well. -w-

I got like sick/now in Hong Kong for a few days before I head to the States. :/

Gray.Fullbuster.full.1103210.jpg
[ Name ]
Kuro Kotei
[Age]
[Personality]
Kuro is dedicated to the Sorcerers. This is partly because they gave him a home when he needed one, and because they didn't treat him like an outsider. He is good at making friends, but he makes a lot of social mistakes. He can keep a secret to some extent, but can be a blabber mouth when pressured. He doesn't open up quickly, and is shy around large groups of people. He likes to be a team player, but finds his social awkwardness keeps him from doing what is best for the team.
Kuro has a high attention span, and can soak in knowledge like a sponge. He seems to communicate better with first years, rather than his second year peers. He is easily scared off, and very unsure when it comes to fighting.
[History]
Just after he was born, his parents dropped him at the door of an orphanage in Whiterun, abandoning him for reasons still unknown today. Ever since Kuro could remember, he was an Orphan, always confused, always searching for a meaning to his own life. He was never a popular Orphan, always overlooked when newly weds came in searching for their own child. He was never destructive, and not much of a delinquent like the others.
Kuro was interested in the Sorcerers as soon as he first set eyes on it. Kuro knew that one day he would enroll there; that it was where he belonged. He did everything a young child could do to improve his chances of enrolling: He studied, he trained, hell; he even followed around students and annoyed them with questions about the school.
When Kuro turned 13, he enrolled in the Sorcerers, and left the Orphanage to follow his dream. He focused all of his time on studying and committed his life to the school. His first year was full of adventure, and though Kuro was hesitant to embrace it, he continued forth, doing everything he could to become stronger. Kuro trained everyday, trained until he could no longer stand up, and the results showed.
Kuro had spent an entire year dedicating his life to the school, and it was not a hard choice for his instructors when it came to moving him up to the second year classes. He was the only student on his team that hadn't dropped out after graduation.
Kuro's determination continues on, and he awaits his Second Year at the Sorcerers, hoping to prove himself once again.
[Spellbook]
Water Spells
Wave Cannon - Fires a high pressure stream of water out of Kuro's palm.
Tidal Prison - Encases target in a water filled bubble that can only be popped from the outside.
Water Suspension - Allows calm walls of water to levitate of the ground for defensive use.
Water Manipulation - Can manipulate most forms of water.
Ice Spells
Frost Domain - Allows Kuro to freeze any water that he has created.
Frost Suspension - Allows Kuro to levitate any ice that he has created.
Frozen Breeze - Allows Kuro to cool the air around him.
Ice Manipulation - Can Manipulate and mold most forms of Ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.