Xesious 2: Corruption

Tai-Lee rolled her eyes at the girl she found very annoying, she was standing with her sword ready to attack, but the one she was convinced was a Demon had left. She looked down at Raven "I don't get it, he just walked away calmly" she said almost growling "Maybe the shopkeeper would know something or even the annoying girl" she said looking out the shops door. "Just ask the shopkeeper" the wolf growled, clearly irritated "And then it best we keep an eye on him, or go give our report on this situation" he growled again "Right, I still have to report" she said while walking up to the shopkeeper "Excuse me" she said while rubbing between her companions ears "I wish to ask you something" she said looking him up and down.

"Behind the mask?" Bojar gave a small shrug. "Sadly, I look like any other person you would find in this land." He rested his head on one of his hands. "Well actually I guess I might look a little different. You see... I'm not really from here, so I guess I may look a little odd, nothing breathtaking, I assure you." Bojar looked onwards to the shopkeeper Darn, he seems a little busy now. He looked back at Talia. "Well then, I seem to have extra time on my hands, do you have anymore questions?"

Talia looked at the man. "Ummm no. Actually...thats the first time anyone's answered all of my questions... Umm." Her stomach growls."Oh! Looks like I'm hungry. Do you..wanna get something to eat..maybe?" This is the first time she has ever really talked to a person in a long while,most of thetime, it ends with the person not liking her because she blurts out she was assigned to kill the (being an assassin and all) But she wasn't assigned to kill this guy. Maybe she could finally hav a real friend?

"I've told you this multiple times, El, I'd do anything for you without any complaints or regrets." He stated, raising a hand to thump against his chest with a large grin. Duran sighed softly and nodded her head, 'As will I.' At the mention of rest, Fang's muscles tensed slightly and he looked a little pale before it passed and he showed no signs of noticing anything. 'I agree, especially since this idiot hasn't slept for two days. He was too excited to see you.' The man's face turned a light pink color as he cleared his throat and glanced away; secretly taking another look in the shop's direction to see if that woman and animal who smelled like demons were following them. 'It seems I may ahve just embarrassed Fang.'

Fang made it really hard for Elie not to smile, and that was rare. Usually, she didn't smile at all. "Yeah yeah." She responded, trying to act like her usual self. She didn't want anyone catching her acting unlike herself. They might end up thinking that they can finally approach her. Elie did give Duran a pat on the head when she added that she would do anything as well. She made a little laugh when she noticed the embarrassment that flashed across Fang. "I see, so you haven't been sleeping very well. Well, don't worry Duran, we'll fix that tonight. I'll make sure he actually sleeps. Now, why don't we find a place." Elie could hear the voices behind them, she turned noticing that girl from the shop was talking to someone in armor, probably a Knight. She was going to have to be careful, but it didn't look like one that would know anything about her, so she should be safe for now.

"Hmm... well I don't see why not, I can always come later for my inquiry." Bojar had a lot of ideas he would wish to try to support the knights, hopefully this store owner could help him. "I'm pretty new to this town though, so I'll have you show me around yes? Take me to some of the better places to eat, I'll treat!" He said with a laugh. Thinking about his time spent here in this city so far, he really didn't understand the other knights' fears. He hadn't ran into any assassins or anything worse than a common thief. Maybe this city needed more help than he thought at first.

"Oh. Umm. Okay! We can go this place that has the best venison I've ever tasted! They even have a drink of these juiced berries mixed with sour fruit juice and flower nectar! It's so good! Come on!" Tala was very excited and dragged the Paladin by the arm. She liked this guy. He even offered to pay!

"I can't take this Raven" Tai-lee growled out, her jaw clenched tight. She could feel it all, the man she thought was a demon and the female that was with him, their heart beats rising and falling as emotions changed. This is what was hard for her, being a Demon and having to resist the urge of wanting to taste the pain and agony of the humans who's blood she was meant to spill, but she made a choice she was not going to kill the innocent, so she had to use all she had to push down that burning want "Come Raven" she said as she pushed herself out of the shops door "Try to overcome, Tai-lee, we can't blow your cover as assassin or as a Demon for that matter" Raven growled as he grabbed the sash hanging from her hips.

"I know, but before I leave for my report I have to be sure of that man, if he is a Demon and I left him alive, my mission is a failure" her voice came calmer now as slowly walked out of the shop. "Not to mention his dog and female friend, they must either be demons too, or not know what he is, if he is a demon" her voice was a whisper only the wolf's hears could hear "Ugh, I hate this hesitation," she growled "What do you plan to do" her voice of reason asked "Either attack him and see how he reacts or.." She got no further before she was cut off "NO! Tai-lee, we cannot afford to have any enemies, we are the hunters not the hunted" spoke the large wolf "We approach like normal people, and leave the talking to me" he said as if warning her.

"Alright, alright!" Bojar didn't feel the need to resist her tugging, and followed behind her. "Boy, you sure perked up the moment I said I was treating, aha!" Even though he said this, he didn't really notice a moment where she wasn't acting hyper. "Now then, just because I said I was treating doesn't mean I'm gonna let you eat all you want. Bojar's pockets aren't THAT full... yet."

Talia kept going. They were about there. "Oh, it won't cost much. I can still pay for some if needed though!" She kept going, and they finally arrived at the place. A small restaurant with a few outdoor seats, there weren't too many people there, but the few that were seemed to be enjoying themselves. Talia went over to a table and sat down. "One of the waiters should be here soon." Her mind has calmed significantly since they left."So...I suppose after so many questions from me, you have some of your own."

Not getting any sleep wasn't really his fault and being excited to see Elie was one of the reasons he hadn't gotten any. The other was that he was having these odd fragmented dreams with a deep, ominous, voice talking but he couldn't make out anything except a few keys ones that sounded familiar. Fang had no idea what these dreams were about or why he was having them in the first place, but it seemed like he had seen them before a long time ago. It couldn't be possible, could it? "Aren't I the one supposed to be taking care of you two, since you're both troublemakers?" He teased in an attempt to change the topic, sleep might elude him for another night. Duran snorted at Fang's comment and looked at Elie with a 'did he seriously say that' expression before shaking her head. 'If anyone is a troublemaker, it would be you.' She retorted, while both man and wolf secretly listened to the talking behind them as they walked away.

It was quite strange, Elie rarely ever enjoyed time with others but with Fang and Duran it was a different story. She couldn't help but laugh slightly at her two friends, something she didn't do very often around others. In fact, she never really did anything around others. She preferred to stay away. "It seems to me that Duran just might be right. After all, who's the one telling you to get some sleep. I think I'm the one taking care of you." She replied, then looked back behind them just a bit. She turned back to Fang, her smile fading away. "We have someone (Tai-Lee and Raven) following us, though I don't get why they would. I believe it's that same person watching us while we were in the shop." Elie let out a sigh, "What do you think, stop and talk so that way they will leave us alone or keep letting them follow us."

Bojar followed and sat across from her. "Ah well, I don't have anything in particular to ask of you. Let me think..." Bojar thought about it for a moment. It was customary for him to let others know who he is, but he's never made it a point to know who others are. "...I guess I am curious as to what you do for a living. A student? Maybe a mail girl? I guess anything about your upbringing would make for a good tale as well!" He wasn't too sure of what jobs there were out in the world that wasn't being a paladin.

"Oh...Umm... My job....Well...." Talia seemed nervous. *My Job..why did he have to ask my job..I'll try to just tell him about my upbringing... maybe he will forget the whole, job thing* She thought. "Well, I grew up in the streets..My parent's kinda...well...you know" She slides her finger across her neck. "So I grew up having to steal from people..But I don't do that now." Suddenly, Talia felt Dart waking up. *Oh dear, better tell him about Dart so he isn't too surprised by him.* "Oh! And I have a pet, he's with us right now. He's about to come out...just...don't freak out ok?"

Alber cocked his head as people kept coming in and out, more customers than he usually had in a week. Still, most of them seemed to have little interest in buying anything. Rather, they seemed to be more interested in other things like each other. He might not be too in tune with the world but his spine knew when he was dealing with a bunch of scary people. Something was definitely up and not something good. Or he was just having really weird luck which was usually something bad. As the last one left, he scooted himself behind the register and unlocked the drawer beneath it. Removing the pair of revolvers from it, he hooked them to his belt. He just felt a little safer with them even if he wasn't exactly a seasoned fighter. Being both unarmed and a novice was unnerving when you had assassins and mercenaries coming in and out of your shop one after another.

This was something he missed, being able to simply walk around with Elie and not having to worry about a job. Being around her made Fang feel more at ease and caused his inner rage to be quelled. When she wasn't around he and Duran usually did job after job so he could vent his rage in order for it not to consume him. "It seems I'm out numbered here two to one." He huffed, "Fine, fine, you're taking care of me." He conceded then arched a brow when Elie looked back at him with her usual expression. Duran looked at them and a silent conversation went between the two before he addressed their other companion. "Let them follow us for now, when we're a bit closer to an inn then we'll stop and talk. While we're doing that, Duran will take another route." The she-wolf nodded her head, 'Try not to get into any trouble while I'm gone you two.' With that, Duran turned away from them and trotted off into a street they were passing off to their right.

Bojar was conflicted as to whether take what she said as a confession to stealing or not. Well, she said used to so it should be fine. He thought. He also decided not to press further on her current occupation, if it was something bad, Bojar was sure he would figure it out sooner or later anyways. He then heard her bringing up her pet and became delighted. "A pet you say? Why would I ever freak out for a pet? I bet it is a small dog or cat. Maybe a frog perhaps? I'll have you know I had quite an exotic collection from where I was from!" He tried to scan his eyes around her body, trying to find where the animal was.

"Well, Okay. Here he comes." Dart was awake now, and crawled out of Talia's hair, and on to her arm, which she was holding up to her left. He stopped and perched on her hand, looking around. The centipede was about 2 feet long and was a dark brown, it's antennae flicked around as it took in it's current surroundings. "This is Dart. He's my pet centipede. I hope you like him." Talia looked a bit nervous showing Dart to him, hoping he would be okay with him.

Elie nodded, "Very well." She replied upon hearing Fang's idea. "Don't worry. I'm not no mood to deal with any trouble right now." She said just before Duran went into another direction. Elie let out a sigh, "I do hate people following though, but we'll wait and see what will happen." She turned to look back over at Fang. "Now, we have to get you to an inn so you can rest. There should be one coming up soon." They continued to walk, though Elie did want to pick one that didn't seem as crowded that would be better for her. It had been a while since she had been with Duran and Fang, but even more so when it was just Fang and Elie themselves.

"A centipede huh? Well, I guess you can say I'm surprised." Bojar stared at the centipede. "Most people don't expect a centipede for a pet, do they?" He asked. "Either way, I'll be fine until it decides to lay eggs in me or whatever centipedes do."
He was pretty unsure of what centipedes actually do, or why someone would try to have one as a pet. I guess there's every kind of person in this world. He thought to himself.

A waiter came by and asked them for their orders. "I'll have the venison I guess. I'll take a glass of water on the side as well."