Xesious 2: Corruption

Yuja walked through the town with head down, the whole day had been a waste. He didn't get to kill the demon, he didn't get a duel with its killers, and now he was stuck in some town with nothing to do. Earlier he saw someone running around on the rooftops, they could be fun. But then again they were running around on rooftops, probably wouldn't be a good fight even if he could find them again. As Yuja walked he eventually came to an unnamed building, but judging from the sounds and smells coming from inside it was a bar. He sighed as he entered the building.

Less than a half an hour later Yuja was standing face to face with some tattooed brute. It wasn't surprising that someone who looked worthy tried to challenge him, considering he had broke three of the tables and half of the drunken patrons inside the bar. The large man spit "Ya think ya can just." Yuja didn't give him a chance to finish that sentence as he drove his right hand into the brutes gut. The man let out a small gasp but before he could finish Yuja drove his knee into the mans face, effectively knocking him out. "Anyone else want to try, or can I finally drink in peace?" Yuja said looking around the room. "No? Good." he said walking back over to his ax leaning against the wall. He grabbed both the ax and a nearby bottle, and setting a few coins on the counter he left, leaving the bar in shambles.

"Elie." Elie replied when the girl had asked what her and Fang's name was. The girl seemed pretty excited that someone came into the store. It would make sense though. She looked around the shop, it still didn't look like much. That probably meant that not many people came into the store to begin with, especially with the way the owner was acting. She turned back over to the man who started to introduce himself as the shops owner. "I don't need anything, but my companions here might want something." She responded to the guy. He seemed kind of young to own the store by himself, but then again she wasn't the oldest person either and she'd been in jail.

"Oooo I like your names! Ooo I like your dog too. And your weapons! I think we could get along just great! Yo, being friends, and having fun, and doing contracts together, and ..." She rambled on, Her ADHD was back thanks to the new peoples arrival.

"Land Oh!" A scream was shouted from the top of the ship's mast of the crow's nest. Solana grinned as she could smell the salty waves splash upon her face. She stood at front of the ship holding onto the bow strip as her black wings flutter off the droplets of water. Solana long black raven hair flew behind her as she turned to face the crew. Her eyes begin to glow red she hollered cheerfuly. "This is it Men! I need you all be on your best behavior now!" Loudly, the crew cheered with triumph as she laughed heartily.
"With me, no one can stand in our way, we will be rich, we will be merry, and We shall live!" With a outburst of "AYE'S" , the men applaud as they watched Solana jump off the pole into a dive. Her wings snapped open and swiftly darted down to the men and shot back up to the crow's nest. She kissed the young man on the cheek and laughed from his surprised expression, as she black flipped in the air and dove back down and front flipped to the Stern castle.
"The crews relieved of reaching land eh?" Duke spoke up as he watched Solana gracefully land.
"Aye, love. Are you not? We sailed for a fort night and that's with my abilities the quickest anyone could go. Still…The sea is my home. Nothing but open waters and blue skies. Alone and dangerous…" Solana sighed softly as she ponders the thought of sailing and to fly.
Unconscious her hands grip the mast securely as she thought how much time and sacrifice that this crew and herself built together. Noting Solana pondering, Duke put his hand on her shoulder and patted it. "Fine work ye have done her Captain. We will stick to thee til the end ye know. All of us." Solana smiled to her First Mate and nodded silently.
She gritted her teeth as the burning sensation in her demonic blood became stronger as they became closer to the new land.

"I'm going to need a drink."

"Like wise, name's Fang." He replied, shaking the man's hand and then dropping it while following his gaze for a moment, letting out a soft sound of amusement. This guy was already quite a character. 'Fang...' He could hear Duran's voice in his head but shot her a quick look. There was someone approaching them, their scent wasn't hard to miss and it smelled demonic. "Actually, I was hoping to have a gun made..." Trailing off, something caught his eye and he picked it up. "And I'd also like to purchase this." He had no idea what it was but it looked neat. Being called a dog caused Duran to scoff in displeasure. "She's a wolf actually, and sorry, I typically work alone; Elie's the exception." Looking at Talia.

That's when he heard the door opened and glanced in that direction, his nostrils flaring slightly as the scent hit his nose. There she was, so that's who had been coming towards them at high speed. So, she had the smell of the demon, unknown to him, that caused his dragon blood to surge slightly and his heart to pick up upon sensing a possible threat, though he turned to face towards Albert. If she wouldn't attack and proved to be friendly, then he wouldn't make a move even if she was a demon. "So, am I in the right shop?" Fang asked, pulling out one of his four coin pouches.

"A g-gun..." Alber trailed off, thinking about how to respond. The subject was a sour one that made him more than a little nervous. It was a relief when Fang picked up something else, giving him some time. He'd picked up an old little invention made from a little age old tinkering on a day of boredom, back before the shop had been destroyed.

"Oh, something for your sword maintenance, " he said, rumaging through his mind for a name for it. Before, he had hardly ever bothered to name his inventions and often neglected to even now. He drew a complete blank, settling for explaining it. In this case, he didn't even recall what he had priced it at, "Very useful for mending chips and cracks in a sword. Using a combination of a modified fire spell and cutting edge technology, it allows you portable makeshift repair of your blade by heating it to near original forging temperatures, allowing you to fill in or even fold out a crack if you're careful enough. The price tag should be on the back."

Unfortunately, Fang had seen it fit to revisit his original request. Alber swallowed hard, knowing that he was about to stab his first business in a week in the foot.

"I'm sorry. I don't make guns here. You may wish to try the next street over, three doors down," he said, bringing his gaze to the ground and clenching his fists. Certainly, it had notbeen the first time that he had been asked to make a firearm since the reopening of the shop but he had still not gotten used to it. It seemed to be the only skill of his that the world appreciated but also the one that he wasn't ever using again.

Tai-Lee watched them all very carefully, one caught her eye, he had a white wolf next to him and he seemed to be giving glances "Better keep an eye on that one" she said to Raven through their mind link "He don't look like a Demon, but the dog he has with him might be his cover" Raven spoke back with a sneer. She slowly walked further into the shop, smelling the air for any sign of a Demon, but they all seemed so normal but you could never be to sure.

Her eyes shot open wide as the man with the white wolf's heart started to beat faster "Raven, his heart beat" she spoke in her mind. "Yes, I know I can feel it" he spoke back. Only Demon's reacted this way when she was around "Be on guard" she spoke in a low whisper as she got ready to grab her sword if the man decided to attack.

Talia looked over at Fang when she heard he wanted a gun. "You want a gun? I know places to get guns! Oo... I shouldn't have told you that..." Her ADHD seems to have gotten her to reveal something she shouldn't have. She tries to shrug it off like she didn't say anything. She makes her way over to the door, still acting like she said nothing, when her assassin-like senses of perception kick in. "I know your there... Why are you hiding?" She called out, to perceivable know one.

As if a shadow was looming over the black sails of Aeolus, Solana ship appeared haunting as night approaches. Swiftly the three winged ship made it to port as Solana begun to prepare in her quarters. She wore a silky black cut off dress that revealed her hips and back and straps tied around her waist and neck for support. Solana kept her black leather gloves on and matching boots, for they have metal three spikes on the sleeves for added protection. Throwing on her leather black cloak that hid her wings she checked her equipment. Always having "Fallen Star" sheathed to her left hip, she grabbed her spare weapon, a whip. Tying the whip her right hip she patted her straps that sheathed daggers on her thighs and she was ready.
Walking out of her cabin she shouted in an echo pitched voice, "Listen up!" The crew startle came to a halt. "We know little of these lands. You report to me and Duke of everything ye can find out. Keep a low profile as much as ye can too mates. UNDERSTOOD?" "AYE Captain!" They chanted. she nodding in return as they carried on.
Solana made her way to Duke as she watched the crew dock the ship. Duke is the best first mate and man she's ever known. He covers all the necessitous and keeps the crew organized.
"Everything is in order Captain. The goods will be unloaded when dawn breaks and I've made sure Aeolus will be heavily guarded. So don't ye worry your pretty head can rest easy dear." Solana punched Duke's arm and glared at him. He chuckled and continued,
"The nearest Tavern/Inn is named, The Red Rose. It's bigger than the rest and plenty of room for the lot. Come, Let us have a drink then shall we?"
Solana felt apprehensive of the new lands as her now brown golden eyes glanced into the distance of the street lights turning on.
"Aye, that sounds good to me. My throat quenches of thirst even more on land then at sea. This upbringing of evil, throbbing in my veins is nerve wrecking. We must find out more of this Quintessence." Her accent from the southern lands became thicker as she felt uneasy of the apocalypse situation. Her crew hadn't the faintest idea, there true reasons coming here is except Duke. Her first mate shook his head and patted her back in a hearten matter, as they walked off the ship as they always did, side by side.
The rowdy crew had already made their way into the Tavern/Inn and honored the Captain guidelines.
Duke walked in first as he felt responsible to guard and protect his Captain. He wore a black rogue shirt with silver lining and matching breeches to go with his buccaneer boots. Red and gold sash around his waist to show his rank with a rapier sheathed. He looked devilish handsome in his older years as he wore a musketeer hat for style as he grinned when the crew cheered when they walked in.
Solana couldn't help but grin to her friends and bowed with grace as she laughed along with them. She looked around the Tavern/Inn and noticed how full it is. Plenty of wooden tables still available as the atmosphere seemed lively with a fireplace and music.
Duke gestured her to come sit at the front bar as he handed her a key and tucked his away.
Solana took her seat next to him. "When will you ever settle down Duke? You are the best first mate I've ever known. Makes me sick sometimes" She said in arrogance as she took the key. Solana always was fond of Duke and respected him for his support in her. She knew she wouldn't be who she is now, if it wasn't for his guidance and spirit.
Two red wine glasses were served to them as Duke had already paid in advance and cheered to her as he answer after she took a sip. "When that time comes, you shall know. In the mean time dear, We shall be rich!" The crew chimed in. " We shall be Merry!" And Solana chanted along,
" and We shall Live!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Elie's eye began to twitch as Talia continued to talk on and on. Plus, it seemed that maybe this wasn't a good place to go after all, if he didn't go making guns which they were there for. Elie let out a sigh, trying to keep herself calm in this situation. There was an annoying woman who continued to talk, the waste of a trip to the place and Elie could sense someone watching them. They better not try something, Elie wasn't in the mood. She might end up going crazy again if more people started to cause a commotion. "Fang, either buy something here or don't but hurry up." She stated, figuring that Fang would understand her reason. After all, he was really the only one who knew about her problems. Just then, Talia had decided to call out the person hiding. Elie placed her hand on her sword as well, just in case but would keep calm and wait to see what would happen.

His blood was starting to slightly boil, causing the room to also ,gradually, rise in temperature. There was too much going on and too many voices for Elie and that was not good. 'Elie's right, Fang, if you want that then buy it, if not then let's go.' Fang glanced back after hearing both Elie and Duran's comment before looking back at Albert; also hearing Talia's comment but didn't say anything in reply. "Alright then, just the sword mender then." Looking at the price tag, he pulled out the amount of coins and placed them on the desk. He would have continued to ask and persuade Albert to rethink his decision but right now he needed to get Elie away before she went nuts, after sticking the invention into his pocket, he turned towards Elie and gently lead her towards the door. There it opened for the company of three, "Good day." then it closed as they walked away from the store and towards the inn. "Well, there went my chance of getting a gun, oh well, I guess there's always next time. It's better to keep safe and happy, princess." Fang grinned at Elie.

Elie quickly followed Fang out of the store once he bought what he wanted. She let out a deep sigh when they were out of the shop. "You'll just have to find another place to get one." Elie replied back to Fang when she looked back up to see his smile. She gave a faint smile back to him, as she tried to calm herself down. "I apologize for making you leave there so quickly, it's just..." She trailed off, "Well, you know how I get. I don't want to cause any of them problems, or destroy that man's shop."

Talia saw the two leaving the shop. "Hey! Where ya' going?! Okay... If you don't want any guns, that's fine. Or swords, or jewels, or magic books, or magical animals, or.... Oh darn, I did it again." Talia looked at the ground. It was too late now, she had yelled it. Oh well, maybe these two could be good assassins. Or at least friends. *Why do I have to say everything I think?* She whispered this even though she was really trying to just think it.

Alber stared at the scene with relative confusion but he did understand that he had a number of less than docile customers in his shop. It might be thanks to his shoddy products that he wasn't being shaken upside down right about now. He certainly didn't want his shop wrecked. It was a little unclear why Fang had given up so easily but whatever the reason, it was welcome. Better than having someone try to force him to make guns and explosives again. There had been a fair share of those before. Most had tried bribery which was flattery for his reputation. A few had tried threats and violence, none of which had ended well, usually with a lot of his stock being destroyed. In either case, he had always refused them, partly because they couldn't change his mind, partially because he couldn't. While the accident had been his fault, it wasn't entirely that he didn't want to but rather that he couldn't bring himself to. Rather pathetic as usual.

"I don't think a really need a gun that much, if the opportunity arises, I'll likely get one but right now it can wait." Fang stated, "I guess I could try to make one out of fire." He then chuckled with shrugging. It was an absurd idea but with him, it could very well work for a time. Then Duran brushed up against Elie and flicked her tail. 'It is better to keep you calm and safe, Fang and I both know that so there is no reason for you to apologize.' The man nodded his head as they continued along. "I agree, you're safety is most important and my number one priority." Then he glanced back at Talia, "I might take you up on that offer someday!"

Bojar strolled around the streets on duty. Despite his best efforts, the city still held many thiefs and killers. If only there were a way to stop it all. Ha, what a silly dream. Bojar pondered as he walked the streets about the efficiency of the knights, trying to think of ways to better improve them. What bothered him more were those knights and nobles who were corrupt. Sure, hiring an assassin would lend the problem easily fixed, but he wanted to make an example out of them, which required evidence he did not have. He found himself walking by a shop called the Tand Schatze. Bojar had heard of this shop before, but mostly due to rumors the other knights had spread. Still, with the rather eventfulness of his day so far, his curiosity got he better of him, walking towards the store.

She sighed, when she heard Talia from the distance. She was quite much for Elie personally. She turned to Fang and smiled, "I know, but I just feel like I have to. I don't want to make you do things just because of me." She said to him. Though, she was glad that he always understood how she felt. She thought that maybe she was slowly getting better with her problems because of him. At least she wasn't blowing anything up just because she saw someone coming towards her that looked just a little bit strange. She started to walk away from the store, "Perhaps we should find a place to rest, it seems to be getting darker out."

"Aw..They left. Oh wait. That's good. Maybe they didn't hear me." She's about to walk back inside when she sees someone walking toward the building. "Oooh. A new person." She instantly runs up to him. "Hi! I'm Talia! What's your name? What's your job? What's this armor? Oooooo! I like your mace! and your shield is cool too!" Talia yet again loses it to her mind. Running wild with questions.

"Aha, you like it yes?" Bojar struck a pose with his armor. "It is the one of the finest armors where I come from. You see, from where I come from, I am referred to as a paladin. Here, they use the term knight for their law enforcement, if you can call it that. Did you know most of these knights can't even heal themselves through faith? Its blasphemous!" He gave a hearty laugh, before offering the girl his hand for a handshake. "I almost forgot, they call me Bojar. It is a pleasure to meet you Talia."

Talia stuck out her hand and shook his. She was interested in this...paladin. Before she knew it, shehad asked, "What do you look like behind that mask?" She looked at it in wonder, she hadn't seen a mask of quite that shape before.