Xesious 2: Corruption

Duran scoffed, rolling her eyes before looking from Fang then back to Elie. 'You sound like Fang when he causes collateral damage during a fight.' That just got a chuckle out of the young man as he took another sip from his mug. "Come now Duran, must I remind you that village was abandoned, the nobleman didn't care if I ran wild." It was true, all the man cared about were the demons being killed so he could sell the land to another. "I agree, it seems demons are starting to get bolder each time they appear. Duran and I, about five weeks ago, killed a pack of five fire demons that were causing wild fires in the plains and forest. What strikes me odd is that they usually don't go that far south." He replied then smiled softly while the wolf brushed her head against the woman's arm. "It's good to see you too, been about five months hasn't it? You could try and keep in touch now and then." Fang teased her while glancing in his friends way, besides Duran, Elie was the only friend he had. "In other news, I heard there is an alchemist in this town, I'm thinking about getting a gun. And from the rumors I've heard, he's supposedly supposed to be a master with explosives, the perfect person to make my weapon." The he stood up with a grin and offered her his hand. "Want to come along, for old time's sake?"

Elie nodded, "It does seem strange." She replied, "The demons have been acting differently lately, more aggressive, and more of them. I am quite surprised with the fact that I've been getting more demon slaying jobs." She laughed a bit, "You know how hard it is for me to keep in touch with people. It's not very good for anyone to have any way of finding me." Elie patted Duran's head while speaking, then stood up from the stool. "Sure, I'll come with you. I have nothing better to do now anyway." An alchemist seemed kind of interesting to see. She starting walking, knowing that she had seen the building while she was walking earlier. In the distance Elie could make out some cloaked person who seemed to be asking for the person who killed the river demon. They were coming towards him anyway, "What do you want?" She asked, once they were closer to him.

Fang drummed his fingers against the counter while finishing his drink and listening to Elie. She was right, he had been noticing some odd patterns with the demon he and Duran had encountered lately and the amount of demon slaying jobs were raising in quantity and severity. Then he sighed and nodded his head, she was once again right, it was not smart to have a way for others to find Elie because of her past. "Yeah, I don't need anyone coming after you, that wouldn't be good for their health after I'm through with them." Duran's tail wagged while feeling the woman's hand but still sighed, 'I was actually hoping you'd talk him out of getting a gun.' But the wolf rose when Elie and Fang did. Nodding, the man followed after her with the large canine trotting along side them. That's when they came to some cloaked person, likely a man from the build, that was asking for the river demon slayer. When she stopped, Fang stopped on her left and looked at the figure with an indifferent expression but one hand resting on Black Blade's sheathe while Duran stopped on Elie's right.

A woman, a man, and a wolf, that's who claimed to kill the demon. From the look of them they didn't seem very dangerous, no armor on either of them and each only armed with a single blade. The woman simply asked as they approached "What do you want?" Not really the best way to talk to a stranger with a dangerous weapon on his back, but she seemed confident enough that she could back up anything she said. "Well as it so happens you two seemed to have stolen a kill from me." It wasn't his to begin with, but hopefully it would help him goad them into a duel. "So in return for wronging me I ask for one thing, a duel." And with that he reached and pulled off his cloak in a fluid motion. Always a had a passion for showmanship I guess.

Elie stared at the guy, then to Fang and let out a sigh. She should had figured it would be something annoying like this. She turned back to the cloaked guy, who wasn't so cloaked anymore. "A kill from you." She said, "I recall I was the one who took the job to slay the damn demon. So, I don't think I owe you anything at all for killing it." Elie wasn't really good with people. "A duel is a waste of time. There's no point in me fighting you, just go find another demon. I'm sure they're around somewhere. Let's go to that shop Fang, unless you want to go fighting the guy." Elie knew by know that Fang was pretty protective over her. She normally didn't care for that, but with Fang it was alright.

Turning another corner, her sharp senses intensified every sound, brightened every sight, she watched and scanned every person she walked by making sure they weren't meant to be dead. Posing as a mercenary but being an assassin Tai-Lee sure had a lot to keep up with.

Right now she had to be extra aware of everything, she was currently on another spy mission, making sure no Demons posed as citizens "Come raven" she spoke to the large fox walking along side her "The party ain't gonna run away, so calm down" the fox spoke back. Raven was her right hand, a fox with the smarts of a human a real pain in the ass sometimes but still her best friends."We don't have time I have to scan the whole town" she said rolling her eyes at the fox. "Fine" it grumbled back and started to run to keep up to Tai-Lee.

"Don't complain its not like you don't love your job" she shot back at the fox who just responded with a grumble "I take that as a yes your right Tai-Lee" she said mockingly looking at the fox next to her.

After running for a while Tai-lee reached a high enough building that she could call a look out point, with little effort she got to the top and started to scan every part of every little thing.

Fang rolled his eyes and Duran let out a snort, unimpressed by the guy and also slightly agitated. He must have been one of those mercenaries who had a large ego and thought every job was supposed to be for him, simply pathetic. Usually, he tended to keep Elie from being rude or mean to another person but this guy deserved it. 'He seems more like a street performer than a warrior.' The wolf remarked, getting a short chuckle from the male. "I have to agree." He replied, looking from Duran and then glancing at Elie. "I'll let him off this time, I rather not make you wait around, princess. Plus Black Blade really doesn't feel like fighting a human right now." In response, the sword from his hip let out a metallic hum as Fang maneuvered Elie around and away from their would be dueling partner. "Plus it would be hard for me not to beat him to a pulp for speaking to you like that." He mumbled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yuja frowned, these two were obviously mercenaries, so why wouldn't they accept his challenge. Didn't they know who he was? Sell-swords like them should relish the chance to fight the Mercenary Knight. They definitely were confident in their talents, and that just made Yuja want to fight them more. "Strange, I assumed warriors able to best a powerful demon would love the chance to fight me, the Mercenary Knight. But since I can see both of you are opposed to fighting me, bow about this. If you are able to best me this is yours." He reached for a pouch on his side, and removing it smiled. "A sizable amount of coin if I do say so myself, so what do ya say?"

Hearing the man's title caused Fang to snort while Duran said nothing. Just because they were warriors didn't mean they always wanted to fight or would want to fight for some stupid reason; like a duel. Then he turned around with an amused expression when he heard the man's title. "The Mercenary Knight huh? Yes, I've heard bits and pieces about you; mainly that you're simply a womanizer and many married men hate you." Looking at the man's pouch, he pulled looked at the size and sighed. It was a decent amount but he could do better. "I'm still not interested and she isn't one to let money sway her." Fang commented before turning his body away slightly. "If you're strong, we'll meet again and fight then. I'm Fang and I'm aiming to become the strongest, human, swordsman." The man then walked after Elie and Duran. "As you are right now; you're nothing but a ladies' man with a title and a fairly large ego. Or if you want, attack me right now and we'll see what you're made of." Duran looked at Fang ,agitatedly, once he caught with her and Elie. 'What did you say about not making Elie wait?' Fang sighed softly and shot their companion an apologetic smile. "Sorry, princess, people who throw their titles around irritate me."

"You're saying some hurtful things friend, just cause I love women as all men should doesn't make me a terrible person." But the three of them continued to walk away. He reached behind him drawing his beloved ax and took a step forward. He could attack them from behind, but that would end up being a fight more then a duel. That and it would sully his good name, he was a hero after all. Yuja decided against it and watched them walk away as he stood there with his weapon drawn. He sighed "Looks like we won't get our fight like we hoped. Guess we should find an inn to stay at, get a couple of drinks as well." And with that he turned and walked off down the road.

Alber walked back into the shop, shutting out his thoughts about what a dump it looked like. He lit the burner to start boiling water for some tea, all the cheap stuff of course. He couldn't afford better than that. The magic he worked with was often used to make things more convenient but it seemed as though no one really needed it. Watching the water boil reminded him of that quick tea and coffee project that he had done several years ago. As he stared at it, he reminded himself how quickly it went even without carrying one of his dumb contraptions around. It had been doomed from the start. That and the fact that everyone three streets over had better access to materials. Where they were getting the newest tech to work with, he had to settle for leftover scraps from the year before. In this case, that was the magic packet fad, being able to seal a spell into a miniature holder. But the problem was how weak they were, hardly useful for anything.

Elie let out another sigh, this guy really wanted to fight them. Elie, herself, didn't care about titles or being the strongest mercenary around. She'd rather not be known at all, she couldn't afford people being able to track her if they heard she was in a certain town. Elie was also, not the best with people. Ever since she was locked away, her people skills were lost and she believes most of them are a waste of time. "Perhaps, some day we will fight. But, I am no mood to right now." Elie said to Yuja. Whether you wanted to believe it or not, Elie was actually in a good mood and she didn't want to ruin that. Her good mood, probably due to Duran and Fang being there after quite some time. She listened to Fang as they were walking away from the guy. "I don't mind, it's no big deal." She responded to Fang and gave him and Duran a small smile.

As Talia stepped in she looked around. Seeming fascinated by everything in the room. As Alber started making tea she looked around at the different things in the room. Examining everything there was to be examined. "So, Alber. How come your shop is failing, you seem smart?" Talia seems to have calmed down alot. Her ADHD having slowed, at least for the moment.

"Smart and being able to make things that will sell are two different things," Alber replied, choosing his words carefully so as not to spill his whole life story, something he had no interest in doing. While an alchemist had to be well rounded, his real talents lied in explosives but making use of that now was near impossible. His leftover explosive inventions had sold just fine but he no longer made them and even if he did, they would be out of date anyway. The knack that he had had with them had not carried over to other applications. His inventions were mostly just stupid junk, made on the spur of the moment that no one wanted to buy. All of the stuff in the shop represented money spent to make them rather than money made from the mass selling of them. He couldn't imagine that being a disorganized and dusty helped in the slightest either. The pot let out a puff ofsteam and he turned it off, pouring some into a pair of cups along with the contents of the tea packets.

Fang was glad for two reasons, one was that Elie had agreed to also not fight the womanizer so they could continue on, and the second was that she wasn't mad at him. Though the man snorted at Yuja's excuse for being a playboy scum bag but smirked a bit when he heard steel being drawn. Now the question was, did he have the gal to attack him with people around? Fang wasn't known for being a hero, in the mercenary world he was known as a more chaotic neutral, well, at least to those who realized who he was. Then the man finally turned his attention towards Elie when his 'opponent' made no move and grinned. "Lead the way." Duran looked at the two and scoffed lightly. 'Sometimes I think you should always travel with us, Elie. You seem to be the only one who keeps him out of trouble.'

Last edited by a moderator:
Elie smirked, "or maybe it's the other way around." She responded to Duran. Elie was terrible with people, but it seemed with Fang around she was able to communicate a bit normally. If the sound of the steel was heard without Fang there, she might have just shot down a lighting bolt in between her and Yuja. She nodded and started to head in the direction that she saw the alchemist was. Soon enough they reached the shop. It was quite run down, but that didn't mean that the work suffered. Perhaps, the alchemist was just too busy to keep up with all the tedious upkeep. "Let's go." Elie stated to Fang and opened up the door of the shop, seeing a guy and a girl talking together.

Talia turned and saw Elie and Fang walk in.She lights up like a she was just given a lifetime supply of gold. " Huh? Oh, Oh, Oh! Hello! What are your names?"

Well, Fang decided not to make a remark about what Duran had stated, but he did sigh when he heard Elie's reply. He hated to have thought what would have happened to that man if he wasn't around, it wouldn't be pretty or good for the town. When they reached the shop, he arched a brow and Duran scoffed. 'I see income fairy doesn't come to often.' That got a light snicker from the man as Elie opened the door and motioned for them to go in. "Sheesh, is this place even stable?" Fang muttered as he walked in and glanced around at the wares, the urge to make some jokes hit him like a sack of bricks. But vanished when a woman called out to him, "Fang." He replied, then motioned to the wolf who padded in too. "That's Duran." He figured Elie would want to introduce herself. Turning his attention to the man, he walked over to him, "From the smell of oil and powder, I'd take it you're the owner of this shop?" Fang offered his hand to man for a friendly shake.

"Customers, right. Customers..." Alber muttered to himself like it was the most foreign thing in the world. He poured a couple more cups of tea and let them warm up. After almost tripping on his way over, he finally made it over to Fang and removed an oily glove to shake his hand. As if realizing something at the moment, he glanced back at the teapot which sure enough had a new lovely set of black finger shaped stains on the sides.

"N-nice to meet you. I'm Alber Schiffer, the owner. What kind of wares might you be looking for today?" he stammered. His guests seemed to be mercenaries, probably traveling ones and those kinds always had cash to spare, not that he was sure what he had that might interest them. His stuff was more like nicknacks for home convenience more than stuff to take on the road. Oh, what did he even have that might interest them? There had to be something. Otherwise they wouldn't have even walked in or at least would have already turned around after seeing the mess.

Last edited:
Running around and spying on a bunch of people can be exhausting even to a Demon, Tai-Lee had been on every roof, around every corner and in and out of every building to spy and keep watch, except for the small shop she now stood about 5 meter away. To her it didn't look like much but she couldn't leave it unchecked.

She looked at the fox next to her and gave an irritated look, she hadn't found a Demon to kill in days and was getting sick of it, all this "hide and seek" was getting on her nerves.

" I can't go back to give my report if I didn't check it so We don't have much of a choice now do we? " she half asked to herself half asked the fox. "And who told me not to complain" the fox shot at her in a very sarcastic tone of voice. "yeah, yeah sorry for getting bored Boss" she said back and started to walk up to the shop. Even at her far distance she could hear voices and her nose could pick up the smell of tea and oil.

She put her sword away and put an arm around Ravens neck, so that she could appear a bit normal, she tried her best to not look so alert and on guard, but still kept her ears open. Softly she pushed open the door, the smell of the tea and oil now all in the air, she saw others in the shop. She calmly walked in, looking at them trying to sense their heart rates but so far they all seemed very normal.