X8B88

Should the plot addition in the notification section go through?

• yes

• maybe

• no I would like this rp more without the addition

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Yumekibo

Original poster
Based loosely on the book 'The Vault of Dreamers
I honestly don't think anyone will think this is interesting
Reply with an 'ahoy matey' if you want to join 9/8 of these will start the rp

[bg=#404040]O V E R V I E W
Basically, there's this school where talented teenagers go to. The school is home to the ever popular reality show Noctis TV. In it, the more views a student gets on their feed, the higher their popularity rank- blip rank. Higher popularity rank=more money, more fame, less of a chance of getting kicked out of school. The Sicariorum are the most popular kiddos but do bad bad things in order to make money and other good stuff. They have the school backing them up though so they're untouchable....[/bg]

Welcome to the end of eras
Ice has melted back to life
Done my time ⌛ and served my sentence
Dress me up and watch me die

[dash=silver]
GQXpA3e.gif

[/dash]

I'm taking back the crown
I'm all dressed up and naked
I {s e e} what's mine and take it

[dash=crimson]
JmfeTbC.gif
[/dash]

Noctis Academia is the most prestigious, exclusive school for the arts. It is the home to two hundred of the most gifted students; their talents range from acting to graphic design. Every action that these students' make throughout the school day is televised across the nation on one of the most popular reality shows : Noctis TV. The show became an overnight sensation with its innovative, interactive system in which one could pick any student of their liking and choose to watch their feed unfiltered. Students, in turn, would have an increase in their blip rank-- a rank that raises with increased views on their feed. The more popular students had ads littered throughout their feed, causing them to gain a fraction of the money that advertisers paid.

Students' blip rank is what the school thrives around; the lower the blip rank, the more likely of a chance that you will get booted out of Noctis, leaving behind any chances of fame and fortune. This is why most of the students will do anything to increase their popularity. Backstabbing and revenge are seen as nothing more than formalities at this school. If you want to start a fight, you better throw the first punch. Make it a good one.

Trust no one, but make everyone trust you

[bg=#404040] Click either of the crowns to see the website with no motion [/bg]
Don't mind us we're just spilling our guts
If this is love❤ I don't wanna be loved
You pollute☣ the room with a filthy tongue
Watch me choke it down so I can throw it up.

6YZRd2m.gif

The Sicariorum make up what every school has and needs in order to function: Elites. No one truly knows when they came to be, but Sicariorum have prospered for many decades. The Elites, unlike regular students, have a separate dorm just for themselves. They receive the most money from ads placed on their feeds, and their blip ranks never go below fifteen. Rumors often circulate on how to join their ranks...
If only they knew of the malevolence circulating the members.

[dash=silver]ᵞᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵇᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᶜᵒʳᵖˢᵉ ᵃᶰᵈ ᴵ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵇᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᵏᶤˡˡᵉʳ
ᴵᶠ ᴵ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵇᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᵈᵉᵛᶤˡ˒ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵇᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᶤᶰᶰᵉʳ
ᵞᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵇᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᵈʳᵘᵍˢ ᵃᶰᵈ ᴵ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵇᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᵈᵉᵃˡᵉʳ[/dash]

"How far are you willing to go to be at the top?"
"I-I'll do anything."
"Even if you had to.... kill?"
"I said anything, didn't I?"
The first job is not easy for most of the Elites. The first kill is never easy. The reward, however, is more gratifying than one would think. Every member chose to throw away their ethics for different reasons. Some needed money to pay for their mother's hospital bills, some needed drugs to stay sane, and some did it just for entertainment.

Unbeknownst to many viewers of Noctis TV, there is an after hours feed in which Sicariorum complete rather sinister tasks in order to receive large sums of money and/or gifts that students normally would not be allowed to receive. They are, of course, allowed to reject any task, but it is in their best interest that they complete as many missions as possible. Elites may be pampered by the principal in order to keep their mouths shut, but if a member is to no longer cooperate, they are -to put simply- exterminated.

Once an Elite, always an Elite. There is no way out.

{{I'll add on to this later if people actually want to join}}​

Last edited by a moderator:

[bg=#404040]I know rules are annoying, but please, read these, okay? (ʘ‿ʘ✿)[/bg]
I'm peeling the skin o f f my face
'Cause I really hate being safe
The normals, they make me afraid
The crazies, they make me feel sane

MyXToAp.gif

I'm nuts, baby, I'm m a d
The craziest friend that you've ever had
You think I'm psycho, you think I'm gone
Tell the psychiatrist something is wrong​

[dash][bg=#404040]
  • First and foremost, follow all of Iwaku's rules here
  • In all honesty, if you are not planning to be at least slightly dedicated to this roleplay, please, do not join. It may not look like it, but I have taken more than several hours to put up just what you see; I don't want my efforts to be in vain.
  • You can make as many characters as you want, but if you cannot keep track of them all, I will not hesitate to kill off whichever ones you do not want. Also, do not post more for one character than the other one/two unless you have a good excuse.
  • This roleplay will be shaped by you guys. If you want backstabbing events, then go ahead and proceed to do something like that. I do not want you guys to feel restricted at all during the course of this roleplay.
  • As much as I adore drama, do not start any in the ooc.
  • I am trash, this rp is trash, everything is trash. I honestly do not think a lot of people are going to want to join. If this roleplay actually goes anywhere please try to boost my self-esteem. This has been a PSA.
[/bg][/dash]

[dash][bg=#404040]
  • Let's have the rating for this be like a pg-15 (that may not exist but let me be)
  • In regards to post length, I don't really care as long as it isn't a one liner. I would prefer at least two paragraphs, but I like quality more than quantity.
  • If things get a little heated, be sure to place your post in a spoiler and label it something like 'sexual content' for others to know.
  • If you don't post in five days with no heads up, I will not hesitate to kill off your character.
  • I just want this to be a good roleplay guys. Please bear with me if this takes off- which I sincerely doubt but one can hope.
[/bg][/dash]

{{More rules to come}}

D o r m s

Within school grounds there are three dorms: the dormitory for females and males and the Sicariorum dorm which might as well be called a small mansion. Normal students are not allowed to wander near the Sicariorum dorm, but the
rumor is that you can get in as long as you acquire an invitation from one of the Elite.
Both the girls' and boys' dormitory have four floors- one for each grade level. Those below rank 25 are required to spend the night in a sleep shell. All students are administered a sleeping pill that is said to "maximize creativity",
but the upper ranks are allowed to sleep in small rooms. Note*​ Those that sleep in pods keep all of their personal belonging in designated lockers located near the entrance of the dorm on the first floor. While the
After all of the students fall into a deep slumber, new students are taken from their pods and trackers are injected into their forearm for future purposes.

Maximizing creativity by taking the pills is part of one big ploy in order for the Sicariorum to venture out into the night without worrying about being seen by a peer. The electric gates surrounding the school that are usually on -students
assume they are used to keep out unwanted visitors, but in reality, the gates are used to keep them in- turn off during the night in order for Elites to climb them. Where they go you ask? That's for next time.

Ranking

note*​At the moment the school is based off of what would be a high school, but if you guys want this to be more of a college rp, so be it
Freshmen: 14-15 This grade level that has one hundred students. This is the hardest grade level to survive, because the bottom fifty are sent packing while a new fifty are brought in every other month. Before the school year ends, there is one last cut.
Sophomores: 15-16 Consists of 50 students// the bottom fifteen are cut off monthly and transfer students are brought in
Juniors: 16-17 Same as above
Seniors: 17-18/18-19 Now I know what you are thinking "what why up to nineteen?". Well, the school is stingy and advise the seniors with the highest blip ranks to take somewhat of a gap year and stay on campus in order to make more cash. Some of the seniors that stay decide to actually teach a class.

Now on to the actual blip ranks:
note*​each of the grade levels are ranked separately, but if requested, you can see how your blip rank compares to someone in another grade
For freshmen​Ranks 100-50: you have to cheat your way to number forty-nine. you are given no benefits and live on an allowance of ten bucks a week
excluding freshmen​Ranks 50-35: you sleep in a pod, live on fifteen dollars a week, and remain on edge due to being sent home at any moment. pros? no one will be gunning for your head at the end of the day
Ranks 35-20: you receive a little bit of benefits. twenty bucks a week and ads are placed on your feed + you receive small gifts
Ranks 20-10: congrats!! you get to sleep in an actual room! you live on thirty bucks a week, but the ads on your feed make up for it. you also receive bigger gifts
Ranks 10-1: you are the crème de la crème. if you remain this high up until graduation, you will be sure to have at least one million dollars waiting for you. cons? always watch your back

*note​ Elites are not necessarily always in the top ten[/hr][/hr][/hr]​

[bg=#404040]While in the course of making this roleplay, I found a plethora of songs that fit the theme. The playlist is some of the many songs I have listened to.[/bg]​

Zf90C3t.gif

I'm thinking that the uniform/locations will go here
I'm leaving this empty I really don't want to spend more time on this just in case people aren't interested.

Current character positions:
Normal students (Every grade level)
or
Sicariorum (LIMITED SPOTS)
Right now there is only two choices, but these are bound to change​

[bg=#404040]Notifications[/bg]
I'm too lazy to fix all the spoilers right now unfortunately

read this
If you have read everything and understand pretty much everything, I would like you to give me your opinion on a part of this roleplay's plot. So you know how the students are basically sedated? Well what if during the span of the night, scientists experiment on the students? What if they try to give them enhancements? In this case, the Elite would be the successful attempts. Then that would explain why so many students are always cut from the school. They can be the failures and the school would have no further need for them. Not all the students would be experimented on but it would be far easier to cover up only some of the students leaving by cutting off many of them. In all honesty, the school itself could just be a ploy into advancing society, but no one is aware that anything is going wrong. The enhancements could either be small or big, ranging from a high increase of physical strength to being able to manipulate the elements.
I'm not too sure about this idea because there is already a roleplay far superior to mine that has its main story line centered around powers.
The only reason why I bothered bringing up the possibility of powers is because, in my opinion, it suits the current plot nicely. For example:
"Rumors often circulate on how to join their ranks...If only they knew of the malevolence circulating the members."
I would like to think that people on the verge of being cut would be given the chance to undergo an operation to be enhanced. Honestly, the school would much rather do it while the students are sleeping, but it would be better for them to get students to actually volunteer to go through with it and sign papers stating that the scientists would not get sued if anything were to happen. If the procedure happened to be a failure the Elites get to exterminate the failures.
Issues with this: wtf parents will be like just because my kid signed that you take no fault doesn't mean my kids death won't be pinned on you
solutions: parents can be silenced with money// the signed papers are never showed to parents and a shapeshifter sends them a video of themselves claiming to commit suicide// parents are killed and the death is covered up
Also, not all the students that are about to be cut off will be given the chance to become better
Only the ones that the Sicariorum members see fit.
"Even if you had to.... kill?" "I said anything, didn't I?"
Now I see a bunch of ways that this one can be connected. There can be a small arena or something where failures are thrown into and are basically slaughtered while there is an audience viewing it on the after hours feeds
Now this brings up another idea. What if while the fight commences the failure proves to be somewhat capable? Then the fight would stop and the failure can remain at school, but if they were to say anything to anyone, they would die instantly. If this were to be a possibility, I could open more character spots in which failures do have powers, but the powers are not seen as something that can potentially do any harm.
The explanation sucks and there is like no punctuation but I just typed this as fast as it could because so many ideas were coming at me at once
I am going to try to make a poll to see if you guys are interested in this idea or not. Just be aware that this would only be a small part of the actual plot. I want the main plot to be drama heavy due to the ranking system and this thing going on with the Elites would only add more bam to the story. I know this probably sounds super dumb to you guys but sometimes you think somethings a really good idea then look back on it and realize that it wasn't
Also note that the powers won't be anything too over the top and many will only get enhancements
Please vote honestly though

Open for posting
this will probably be reserved for something in the future

Wow omg???fhjdjc this seems really incredible honestly. Let me get home and look over everything once again but so far it's WOW

Thank you so much! I would have replied sooner but I've been getting ready for church. I still have a lot of more information to put so I'll get to that probably when I get back (if this gets more of a response obviously).

Heheh, it's fine! I'm looking forward to it!!

The pretty pictures drew me into this RP.

Don't be so insecure about the RP idea because IT'S SUPER AWESOME like what the heckie.

If this gets more interest I'm 100% in. This thread is on watch. c:

Status
Not open for further replies.