X

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, well that would be interesting! Heck, you could even have it so being pulled away from their master symbolizes being pulled by Poseidon and keep it current, and them being summoned as a heroic spirit can change things. Them changing from a girl to a boy does sound pretty funny though :P

It's your servant though, I'm just throwing out ideas. I've always liked coming up with things like that, haha.

Maybe.

Totally off topic. The way the notification breaks up Fate, makes it look like Fat/Revelation. Totally lolzy.

For it not suiting him, I was referring to its strength, as many Casters who weren't actually magicians such as Shakespear usually don't have strong NP's. Also, EX means 'It represents something that falls outside of the numerical ranking scale, a value that cannot be quantified under the normal system because it is in a league of its own, powerful to the extent of rendering comparisons meaningless.' It can't be classified because it's too strong. That NP can definitely be classified from what I can tell. I'd mark it as either C or D.

As for metal, I am incorrect. Metal is just an anomaly when it comes to the Fate universe, so you are indeed correct. My bad!

Other than that, the inconsistencies were mostly referring to what I mentioned as those were pretty drastic and seemed like stuff a beginner would do to make their characters seem stronger. So yeah, overall besides the NP you're all good!

Thanks for the input, I will change it to C rank.

@Blighted_Agent

Based on your description of his NP, would it be correct to say that it is similar to Telekinesis?

While the NP can be used to make a passable impression of telekinesis, it would certainly require a whole lot of effort to replicate the effect. Newton can't directly control the movement and trajectory of things like one with telekinesis would, but rapidly changing the center of gravity' attraction in different directions could certainly make it look like that (this of course require great computational skills but given who he is and his Skill that lets him see the numbers for anything and everything, it's perfectly doable).

As an example, if you have an apple in hand, a telekinetic can seize the apple and move it to his own; Newton can't seize the apple, but he will change the apple's gravity center to his palm, and following the laws of gravity, it will 'fall' in the direction of his palm until it gets there. In both cases, it would be along a single linear trajectory from one hand to the other.

Note however that the same telekinetic could seize the apple and move it to his hand in a parabolic trajectory, over, say, a wall, with no additional effort on his part. Newton can't do that directly, because objects fall in straight lines when not given additional momentum; the apple will 'fall' towards his palm and get stuck against the wall, the same way we stop falling towards the ground if a platform obstructs our fall.

Strictly speaking he could replicate the effect by changing the apple's center of gravity to some point above, causing it to 'fall' upwards for a bit, then start moving the new center of gravity such that the apple constantly keeps changing the direction it's 'falling' in, and to a casual observer it does look like the apple is moving in a parabolic trajectory over the wall. The man does have the knowledge of physics (duh!) to calculate where to place the new center of gravity for such things, but it's largely unnecessary/tedious/annoying/prana-intensive since it requires applying his NP over and over again.

I'm not certain as to what the best way to describe it in terms of comparisons is, largely because nothing quite like it comes to mind...

Well I'm glad I could help with what I could!

Sensei. I have a question. -raises hand-

For the personal skills. What skills do you think benefit in a world like this? I was considering giving Meredith the ability to understand languages. Not sure how helpful that actually would be.

edit-

And from what I can tell from the Wiki, they give me no specifics on the type of magic resistance a lancer has.

@Blighted_Agent
Ah, got it.

@Creative Confessions
Haha, sometimes the way something is cut off can become rather troublesome. Once I was listening to the radio and the title of the song was suppose to be "One of Those Nights", but since the title was too long it looked like it said "One of Those Nig".

@Creative Confessions
Haha, sometimes the way something is cut off can become rather troublesome. Once I was listening to the radio and the title of the song was suppose to be "One of Those Nights", but since the title was too long it looked like it said "One of Those Nig".

hahaahahaha. Too funny.

So tell me about one of your fat revelations.

I have a question, why do Master ages have to be 21-25? Is there a specific reason for this? Because I know, in unlimited blade works at least, some of them are in high school. o.o My master character will fall under that age range, so I don't really care, I'm just curious.

@Cairo

Would have any qualms with a master who was partially deaf? Works in his backstory and things.

I have a question, why do Master ages have to be 21-25? Is there a specific reason for this? Because I know, in unlimited blade works at least, some of them are in high school. o.o My master character will fall under that age range, so I don't really care, I'm just curious.

It's a bit of a carry over from another RP I had held on another site. It required that for characters to drink, have sex, or do any "adult things" they had to be a legal adult. So I guess to always play it safe I required that all characters be 21 or above. Force of habit

Oh quick question for those who have not yet posted your sign ups, what genders are you going to make your Servants and Masters? I just want to know so I can decide which gender by Servant will be.

It's a bit of a carry over from another RP I had held on another site. It required that for characters to drink, have sex, or do any "adult things" they had to be a legal adult. So I guess to always play it safe I required that all characters be 21 or above. Force of habit
Ah, that makes sense. =^.^=

Oh quick question for those who have not yet posted your sign ups, what genders are you going to make your Servants and Masters? I just want to know so I can decide which gender by Servant will be.
Both my servant and Master will be female. I don't do males so well. ^.^''

@Neo.
@Verite
@Blighted_Agent
@shinakawolf
@Jessica2477
@Shizuochan
@Creative Confessions

Just letting everyone know that I hope to have this RP up and running sometime this weekend, if not sooner so make sure your Sign Ups are complete by then. And yes, don't worry I do plan on getting my character up as soon as all of the Servants/Masters have been posted. This way I can fill any gaps that are left. Also, if you have any friends that may be interested feel free to send them this way. Perhaps if we have enough people we could even create another team of Servants. Although, I was considering splitting the 7 Servants we have now into 2 teams just to add more drama (let me know what you think about this).

PS: If you have not done so already, I ask that you bookmark or watch this tread so you are receiving any updates that may come about. Thanks!

Sorry for the spam!

• Thank You
Reactions: Aero Blue
Roger. Almost done with Meredith. Will move on to Uehara Suzuki in a second.

let me know what you think about this).
I think that sounds like a good idea.

On another note, I should theoretically have my character sheets finished today, I'm working on my master now, already finished my servant.

Sensei. I have a question. -raises hand-

For the personal skills. What skills do you think benefit in a world like this? I was considering giving Meredith the ability to understand languages. Not sure how helpful that actually would be.

edit-

And from what I can tell from the Wiki, they give me no specifics on the type of magic resistance a lancer has.
All Servants are given a basic understanding of the world and all its languages and cultures, as to eliminate any language barriers. There are some skills that give miscellaneous skills such as house cleaning, but most are combat/support orientated in some way.

Also, since Magic Resistance is a class skill, it's really up to you as to how much magic resistance you think your character would have. Personally, being a mythical creature, I think it'd be safe to give B or A.

@Neo.
@Verite
@Blighted_Agent
@shinakawolf
@Jessica2477
@Shizuochan
@Creative Confessions

Just letting everyone know that I hope to have this RP up and running sometime this weekend, if not sooner so make sure your Sign Ups are complete by then. And yes, don't worry I do plan on getting my character up as soon as all of the Servants/Masters have been posted. This way I can fill any gaps that are left. Also, if you have any friends that may be interested feel free to send them this way. Perhaps if we have enough people we could even create another team of Servants. Although, I was considering splitting the 7 Servants we have now into 2 teams just to add more drama (let me know what you think about this).

PS: If you have not done so already, I ask that you bookmark or watch this tread so you are receiving any updates that may come about. Thanks!

Sorry for the spam!
And hey, I'm still here as a backup! Don't forget about me!

Meredith is done. Hopefully you like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.