X

Status
Not open for further replies.
What class were you thinking of putting her in?

Currently thinking of Lancer. Since I was thinking of going with a Trident like Noble Phantasma

Fate/Grand Order; the mobile game from where stats were first invented
Stats have actually existed from the very beginning of the franchise, in the original Fate/stay night visual novel lol, along with stuff like Personal / Class Skills and all that.

Also hi hi all.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Jessica
Heya! So I have two ideas for Servants I really like. One of them is Sinbad for Rider, and instead of the amazing swordsman he's usually portrayed as, I'd make him a boisterous smooth talker who gets by using luck. My other idea which I love is Cassandra of Troy as Berserker, and due to her experiences with Apollo and Ajax she'd hate heroes and gods and be set on remaking Troy.

Heya! So I have two ideas for Servants I really like. One of them is Sinbad for Rider, and instead of the amazing swordsman he's usually portrayed as, I'd make him a boisterous smooth talker who gets by using luck. My other idea which I love is Cassandra of Troy as Berserker, and due to her experiences with Apollo and Ajax she'd hate heroes and gods and be set on remaking Troy.

Both of those ideas sound really cool!

Stats have actually existed from the very beginning of the franchise, in the original Fate/stay night visual novel lol, along with stuff like Personal / Class Skills and all that.

Also hi hi all.

Oops, my bad and hello. :)

As a side note, I really don't think Newton's NP should be EX. First off it doesn't suit him, and from the description it doesn't even sound like it should be that.

On top of that, @Blighted_Agent there is no metal element. How familiar are you with Fate, because there are quite a few inconsistencies with both of your sheets.

As a side note, I really don't think Newton's NP should be EX. First off it doesn't suit him, and from the description it doesn't even sound like it should be that.

EX ranks are assigned when something cannot be adequately represented by the established system. The ability to cut off any inanimate object from gravity's influence + changing any object'ss designated center for gravity attraction feels unorthodox enough that I have no clue what it would be classified as, since it can border from useless to overpowered depending on the circumstances, and as such, assigning it a flat D or A feels inadequate. Source: [spoili]Parameter Rules[/spoili]

If you refer to the fact that his NP being mastery over Gravity not suiting him, please elaborate, because as I understand, his work on it is what people consider to be most iconic about him, rather than, his work as one of the two fathers of Calculus, his alchemy pursuits, his work as part of the royal bank minting coins, or even the rest of his physics work regarding the laws of motion.

On top of that, @Blighted_Agent there is no metal element. How familiar are you with Fate, because there are quite a few inconsistencies with both of your sheets.

Elemental assignments vary by thaumaturgical schools. Some consider metal an element and some do not - likely the distinction comes from how five Chinese elements, which would indicate that the schools using this classification are eastern. Source: [spoili]typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Elements[/spoili] [spoili]Wu Xing - Wikipedia[/spoili]

It has been some time but I did go through the entirety of the F/SN visual novel, all F/Z light novels, and the whole F/E game. I'm unsure of what these inconsistencies you mention are, so I would be grateful if you could point them out to me. Things may have changed since the release of F/GO.

Reactions: cojemo
EX ranks are assigned when something cannot be adequately represented by the established system. The ability to cut off any inanimate object from gravity's influence + changing any object'ss designated center for gravity attraction feels unorthodox enough that I have no clue what it would be classified as, since it can border from useless to overpowered depending on the circumstances, and as such, assigning it a flat D or A feels inadequate. Source: [spoili]Parameter Rules[/spoili]

If you refer to the fact that his NP being mastery over Gravity not suiting him, please elaborate, because as I understand, his work on it is what people consider to be most iconic about him, rather than, his work as one of the two fathers of Calculus, his alchemy pursuits, his work as part of the royal bank minting coins, or even the rest of his physics work regarding the laws of motion.

Elemental assignments vary by thaumaturgical schools. Some consider metal an element and some do not - likely the distinction comes from how five Chinese elements, which would indicate that the schools using this classification are eastern. Source: [spoili]typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Elements[/spoili] [spoili]Wu Xing - Wikipedia[/spoili]

It has been some time but I did go through the entirety of the F/SN visual novel, all F/Z light novels, and the whole F/E game. I'm unsure of what these inconsistencies you mention are, so I would be grateful if you could point them out to me. Things may have changed since the release of F/GO.

For it not suiting him, I was referring to its strength, as many Casters who weren't actually magicians such as Shakespear usually don't have strong NP's. Also, EX means 'It represents something that falls outside of the numerical ranking scale, a value that cannot be quantified under the normal system because it is in a league of its own, powerful to the extent of rendering comparisons meaningless.' It can't be classified because it's too strong. That NP can definitely be classified from what I can tell. I'd mark it as either C or D.

As for metal, I am incorrect. Metal is just an anomaly when it comes to the Fate universe, so you are indeed correct. My bad!

Other than that, the inconsistencies were mostly referring to what I mentioned as those were pretty drastic and seemed like stuff a beginner would do to make their characters seem stronger. So yeah, overall besides the NP you're all good!

@cojemo

I did not require that someone be familiar with the Fate franchise to join and due to that, character forums do not have to religiously follow the set guidelines.

Here I am with my basic Fate Knowledge. So how I plan to represent Little Mermaid is by crossing two stories about woman and mermaids. Muirgen is an Irish woman in an Irish folklore of a woman who was cursed to being a mermaid for three hundred years, baptized and turned into a woman again. The "happy" ending to the original folklore of the Little Mermaid is in Purgatory. The concept is that my Little Mermaid, wanted a human soul because Mermaids don't have a soul supposedly, the only way she could acquire a human soul is if she fell in love. One day she does fall in love with a young man who ends up being a Marque. They get to talk for a few months and nights and one day he raises her from the ocean after she tells him her problems. Her fins turn to legs and the mermaid curse is broken or so she thinks. She learns of some day that she will eventually die if she does not marry the noble young man. So the two lovers to decide to wed. Her father Poseidon in this case instead of Trident finds out of her betrayal of the sea. And on her wedding day in a boat, is dragged back to the sea, cursed to be a mermaid forever. She then rules a kingdom, Atlantis, as their new queen eventually. But will never be able to acquire a soul or become a human again.

@cojemo

I did not require that someone be familiar with the Fate franchise to join and due to that, character forums do not have to religiously follow the set guidelines.
I understand, just that as I said those two discrepancies were pretty big and are usually done just to seem cooler. I would have offered my help, as I did.

I understand, just that as I said those two discrepancies were pretty big and are usually done just to seem cooler. I would have offered my help, as I did.

And I thank you for pointing it out.

You seem to know lots! So, I have a question for you!
I'm working on a berserker servant based on red riding hood, and the wiki stats on other berserkers aren't helping me much, are the stats suppose to represent before or after mad enhancements? ^.^"

Ok everyone, I'm still looking for options of whether or not you would like to have your Masters and Servants paired together. Here are some of the Pros and Cons that I've come up with so far.

Paired Together
+ More control over your characters
+ Not hindered by waiting for another's reply
+ Less interaction between players
+ RPing with yourself most of the time

Paired with Someone Else
+ More interaction between players
+ More drama (in character of course)
+ Players are hindered by their partner's activity level

I've also thought of incorporating both into the RP. For example, if you plan on being extremely active I'll try and pair you with another active person or by yourself so we can keep the RP going. But if you're going to be a bit slower I'll pair your two characters together so others are not waiting on you. Or I could just pair you with another slow person. Who knows..

Any input?

You seem to know lots! So, I have a question for you!
I'm working on a berserker servant based on red riding hood, and the wiki stats on other berserkers aren't helping me much, are the stats suppose to represent before or after mad enhancements? ^.^"

Just going to cut in here really fast. For the sake of the RP, I'm going to say that Berserker servants can speak. Although the level of their fluency is up to you. I didn't want to pair someone with a Servant that couldn't talk. This would not only be boring for the character but also for the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.