Washington, D.C....

The two Mystiques went down easily as the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak lashed out to bind them. Paired with Jean's powerful telekinesis, their options were pared down to nil. Mystique A didn't put up much of a fight, but B leapt to evade, only for the bands to swing around and grab her. The latter growled and grunted in protest, struggling to free herself. No exertion of her power allowed her to wriggle her way out, even as her form shrank and shifted to that of a housecat. Finally exhausted, she gave up, hanging limply while her body reverted to its usual state.

Mystique A's squirming seemed to stem more from her general discomfort with her magical bindings. Her lips pursed, eyes fixed on Jean in a defiant glare.

"I... wish I could say for certain, Hank," Magneto hesitated. "I was scanning Washington with Cerebro, when I discovered traces of two Mystiques. One Raven was troubling, but right now, I am staring at two. They were fighting each other, but we subdued them. Jean is here, trying to see into their minds." As he spoke quietly, he gave a concerned glance towards the scene. "We can bring them back to the mansion and place them in isolation until you arrive."

Outside, the police shoved Gyrich into the back of the waiting cruiser. The window in which either assassin could shoot him had closed, and a potential crisis was averted. With the potential martyr safe, it seemed safe for the X-Men to focus on their two captives now.

@Camleen @Cyberelite2k @Xen6n @PlusUltra

Last edited:
Ivan gets his job done, and he gets it done well. She knows he can hold them, for the short term certainly. But she is so unfamiliar with the base of his powers, she can't say for sure how long. So, she works quickly. As… quickly as one can when looking into another person's brain. Her telekinesis eases now, her confidence in Ivan apparent. And… she knows he has more than one way to hold someone. Plus, Magneto being here makes it safer to bet these two Mystiques aren't going anywhere.
Her eyes slowly close while she stands there, hands hanging loosely at her side. For a moment she shows no emotion, but then the tiniest of naughty smirks appears on her features. She speaks once more, yet her lips are unmoving. Ivan would definitely 'hear' her, and the Mystiques might pick it up. Her voice is a soft echo. An uncharacteristic (but playful) cocky tone.
++Difficult for an adept, eh? Should be easy for me, then.++

Her consciousness then slips the bonds of the physical, and she opens her eyes to find herself in a rather humble looking village. It looks like it could be from the early 1900's, an old style and architecture. Mystique would feel something… off… and as time passes she would start to get a headache. But she won't be aware of what exactly Jean is doing. Only someone with telepathic training would be able to do so.
The sky is dark. Jean's form is her own here, slightly translucent and giving off a soft pink glow. The features of her body can not be seen, save for her face and head. Slowly she looks around… this is definitely Mystique B's mind… but it presents itself in this fashion? Very odd… why an old village? She draws in a slow breath out of habit.. since such a thing really does nothing here. Slowly forward she moves, ghost images passing by her as she walks. The are almost jumbled together, but she is able to see each image for it's own. This Mystique disguising herself… climbing up to the roof. Mystique looks down at her hands… she is seeing things through Mystique's eyes… and her fingers extend as her skin shimmers and ripples. She is airborn, and looping around the building to find Mystique A. There is a sense of… urgency here. Jean can feel it plainly.

Coninuing to walk, Jean finds herself in an alley between the old village buildings. Exiting the alley… she finds herself exactly where she started when she entered Mystique's mind. She finds herself smirking and looking over her shoulder, and then walking forward. ++So that's how it's going to be? You can make this easier for both of us and just let me see.++ Once more she continues forward, and ghostly fragments of memories begin to emerge in the air around her. The buildings around Jean shifts, trying to keep her in one spot. A visual manifestation of Mystique's mind trying to keep Jean out. But Jean is able to easily walk through small paths, seeing them also plainly. So essentially.. she is avoiding and getting passed her defenses. But it's slow going. Jean stops… and she gasps loudly as she sees something new… a flash of hidden memory. She is… rattled by what she saw. She doesn't look away, but she hears the 'caw' sounds of multiple crows fly overhead. A murder of crows. Jean holds her hands up and draws out that one memory as the air around her darkens, a cold wind suddenly picking up. The memories flow by her, now faster. But Jean is seeking that one in particular. Her right hand whips out to her side as she finds it. She stares in disbelief. This memory… it is real. This is what Mystique saw…

In the 'real' world, Jean's body remains standing. Motionless, her eyes closing. It can be… kind of eerie sometimes when she's doing this. But they would all hear her mutter one word, her lips barely moving.

"Sinister…"

Back in Mystique's mind, Jean stares at the image of Mr. Sinister… dead. He is in a lab, on the floor. Once more her hands shoot up, fingers spread as she stares at the memory. This memory wants to be buried in Mystique's psyche, but Jean forces it to stay right there. In fact, she makes it a little bigger to get better details. She grunts as she holds the image, only really being able to see empty sample pods, they are labeled. Sadly she can't make out what the labels say. But they are definitely empty. The memory is suddenly gone, and Jean stumbles forward. Now the memories around her shift, as do the buildings. Mystique is fighting her. She's putting up a heck of a fight, in fact. But Jean has no intention of looking tooooo deep. She just needs answers for the now, she needs to only seek out more recent (and therefore more accessible with less effort) memories, not old ones. She is suddenly looking through Mystique's eyes, a shootout with the other Mystique. Anger… pure anger is the feeling here. No quarter, none given. But Mystique's eyes focus as she is firing.. the silver briefcase Mystique A is holding, clinging to. Mystique B, as Jean sees through her eyes, looks down at the weapon she holds. She pulls the trigger quickly, accompanied by only a 'clickclickclick' sound. Empty. But she looks back up, seeing she grazed Mystique A twice. A swell of pride for just a moment is felt. But the world around her starts to flicker with darkness. She can feel herself being pushed… she braces herself, fighting it. ++No you don't!++ she exclaims into the echoing darkness. She is surrounded again by the image of Mr. Sinister in his lab, an image she wants to focus on again. The winds pick up more ferociously, a new defense to get her out of this psyche. She hears, once more, the sounds of crows letting out loud and angry 'CAWCAWCAW'. Jean narrows her eyes at the image of Sinister.. she takes in more details. He is dead, that is certain. Slumped at what looks like is his desk… slumped forward… her hands turn a little in an effort to see more of the image… eyes focus on the wound itself on Sinister… she sees an injury… a small hole with an unique burn marking along it's perimeter… as if from an energy shot…

The image is ripped out of her grasp, and she tries to bring it back. But it's then that the darkness before her draws in on itself, the shadow taking form. The form of… ++A crow…++ she utters as she stares up at it. The crow lets out a loud cry of angry and swings its wings forward. Jean tries to defend herself, but she can't fight this. Not any longer. Her form fizzles out from Mystique's subconscious.
What Jean didn't realize… the birds weren't crows. They were ravens.

It's been about 3 minutes since Jean started her psychic venture. But then... a gasp is heard as Jean is back on the parking deck with the others, and she stumbles back. Her hand moves to her forehead as she drops to one knee. She, too, feels a headache.
("It's been what feels like forever since I've had to fight my way into someone's consciousness. Seeing someone's surface thoughts… recent memories and apparent thoughts.. that's easy. But seeing into a shape shifter's psyche… that's something more. Way more. But what the heck did I see? In someone's psyche like that... everything means something...")
She remains kneeling upon one knee, now both of her hands draped over her upturned knee. Once again, Mystique would be unaware of what exactly Jean had found, or was looking for. And so… she looks towards Mystique B and she says in a faintly shaky tone. "Who killed Mr. Sinister? Was it you?" Then she looks towards Mystique A… and the metallic briefcase she holds. "Where is the briefcase?! Whats in it?" The more she speaks of Mr. Sinister, the more aggravated she seems to get.
Now Ivan and Magneto would know nothing of what she speaks. After all, they weren't privy to what Jean saw. All they would know is that Jean uttered his name while she searched through Mystique's consciousness.

Last edited:
Mystique B looked to Jean with a white-hot glare when asked if she killed Sinister. "You poked around in my head. Didn't you see?" she sassed, not giving an answer initially. It became obvious to her that non-answers wouldn't suffice, though. With a sigh, she continued. "Usually, when a clone of someone shows up in this world, I look at one person: Sinister. I had nothing for him... but I wanted answers. I was at his lab the day he died, but I did not kill him!"

"Essex is dead?" Magneto echoed, wearing a grim expression. "There is only one other reason anyone would seek him out: the largest mutant genetic archive in the world. The briefcase likely contained DNA samples, and he was in the way."

Mystique A remained perhaps eerily calm the whole time. Not a word fell from her mouth since her initial accusations, until the genetic library was mentioned. In that instant, she smirked and looked between Jean and Erik. "You have no idea. The briefcase has already been handed off. It is far out of your reach now."

While the interrogation progressed, Magneto shuffled around until he was behind Ivan. "We must pick up Hank after we have these two locked in cells," he murmured to the sorcerer, still keeping quiet so Jean could focus on her probing. He then spoke again into the communicator, answering Hank after what may have felt like a lengthy pause: "We can be there to pick you up soon."

@Camleen @Xen6n @Cyberelite2k

Last edited:
Reactions: Xen6n
Hank Mccoy
Hank's eyebrow raised at the explanation. He didnt expect it ti be literally two mystiques. There's gotta be something definitely up there. He picked up the dufflebags full of his tools and gifts beginning to head towards the door.

"okay got you, ill wait outside my cabin, easier to navigate and all heh"

He said into the communicator as he left his cabin, making sure to lock it up. Better safe than sorry afterall. He felt...frankly a bit frightened at how strange this seemed but hopefully he'd be able to help.

"anything id need to bring, i have a lot of tools on me and i knlw where to get parts to make others, heck if it helps i know how to make some calming tea" he joked trying to lighten the mood a little.​

With now a bit of effort, Jean pushes herself to her feet. One hand on the ground between her legs, the other on one of her knees. When Mystique A speaks, Jean takes a slow and deep breath to help gather herself. Jade green eyes move towards Magneto as she shuffles on closer to Ivan, and Jean looks towards Mystique A. Her tone is an even, stern one.

"So someone that's your current boss? A buyer?"
She looks towards the other Mystique, and then back to Mystique A. "I don't care. And we don't have time for games. So just tell us what we want to know. Where is the briefcase? Who has it?" A pause, and the only answer Jean would get from Mystique A is a cocky smirk mixed with a glare. Jean lets out a gentle sigh, and then says simply. "Fine."

Her eyes close, and Mystique A would feel Jean break into her mind. She isn't subtle, gentle or careful this time. She makes sure Mystique A knows exactly what is happening, that Jean is forcing her mind to acquiesce to her.

Once more Jean emerges into Mystique's mind… well a version of a version of Mystique… clad in what she is wearing in the physical world. Her old yellow and black X-Men uniform. That is how her appearance manifests at this moment within the minds of the Mystiques. That is the same. But the scene she emerges into within Mystique A's mind is far different.

It is the same old style village as before, as she found herself in Mystique B's mind. But it is in ruins. The village is burning, buildings demolished. The sky is a midnight blue, and when Jean raises her eyes towards said sky she sees… something circling the village. A great deal of somethings. From the sound… a vast swarm of locusts circle overhead. And mixed amongst that swarm she can make out the silhouettes of large birds. Again, crows. Or so Jean thinks, but they are actually ravens circling the town with the locusts. Every once in a while some of the locusts and flocks of ravens swoop down closer to the village, allowing Jean a better look at them. And they look.. horrific. The ravens she is able to catch clear sight of are sickly looking. Feathers visibly ragged, flight shaky, bruises and sores along their bodies. At first, she sees these flying swarms as just scenery. Not part of any sort of defense. However… within the psychic world of one's mind, every image has meaning.

Further she advances, cautiously. A sense of dread begins to fill her. The scenery is not only something from a horror movie (which is her least favorite kind of cinema), but she has a feeling that there is far more going on here than what she can perceive. And so she starts preparing her own defenses. Softly shimmering panes of golden light begin to form along her slim form. It isn't the best, but she did not think she would need to be more prepared for this. So that was a grave mistake on her part. If she suspected anything more than Mystique's trickster psyche, she would have entered better prepared. The swarm and flocks above her circling start to get louder, clearly more agitated. She looks upwards towards that darkened sky, and takes another few steps forward. Images begin to form around her, and her attention is diverted towards them. But the images.. they aren't right. They are all blackened out, as if someone took a marker to them and just scribbled them out. Jean tries to focus on one image in particular, just needing to get a starting point.

And that is when she the assault begins upon her.

The loud 'SQUAWK' is what draws her gaze towards the raven diving at her… and then another… and then the swarm of locusts begin to veer in her direction. Almost seeming as a single entity in motion. Jean's eyes widen and she would brace herself, a sword beginning to form in one hand and a shield beginning to form in her left. But not quickly enough to be of any use whatsoever. Although, one must question whether or not it would have been at all effective even if she were able to fully form these implements. The crows veer close to her, picking and pecking at her. She can feel each tiny assault against her form. The ravens… the tiny bites and the stabbing of the spurs upon their powerful legs. Such a thing… well she would think it impossible. And yet, here she is.

The shimmering panes of energy surrounding her form begins to crack as the ravens and locusts engulf her in their swarm. Jean keeps her eyes closed as she tries to swing her half formed sword and partially formed shield to get them away from her. If you were watching, her form would disappear into the swarm as she is constantly assaulted.

She tries to fight them off as much as she can… but the assault is relentless. And suddenly the swarms disperse, they are just gone. With a grunt she drops to her knees, trying to catch her breath. Her defenses are gone, but she knows she isn't out of danger. Shakily she pushes herself to her feet and she turns. She is weak, but she is also regaining her strength with each step. The swarm and flocks are gone, as if they were never there. Now her intention is to actually leave, to get out of Mystique's psyche. But… a loud gasp escapes her lips as she hits an invisible wall. She stumbles back and looks up and down as if to seek out the source. But… it she is now surrounded by darkness. Slowly she turns, looking over her shoulder. With a grunt she now turns fully and extends her arms in a defensive stance. She unleashes a volley of psionic energy in offense to what she feels coming. And out of the darkness it lunges towards her. A hand, a giant hand coming at her. A hand clad in blue, seeming to wear a gauntlet or glove. Despite pushing against it with all she has at the moment, she can not stop it. As it is about to grasp her… she is forced out.

Now in the 'real' world, no more than about 30 seconds has passed. Jean had been standing still, just as before with her eyes closed. Her body suddenly tenses and she lets out a silent scream. A pulse of psionic energy around her smashes the concrete at her feet. Her body slumps down, and drops to her knees. She then falls onto her side, unconscious.

While Jean delved into the mind of one of the Mystiques, Ivan remained vigilant, keeping them restrained with a relatively simple spell, unconcerned about time. He observed Jean attempting to interrogate her mental companion, though he couldn't decipher her muttered words, sensing that they held significance to her.

Later, Magneto unexpectedly whispered to Ivan, instructing him to teleport and retrieve Hank. This surprised him, as he had previously believed Hank was in seclusion, a choice he couldn't fault. Keeping this in mind, they continued their task of detaining the two Mystiques.

After a brief moment, Jean let out an agonizing scream that reverberated through the mental plane due to Ivan's profound connection to different planes of existence. He blocked the psychic reception and swiftly used his telekinetic abilities to keep Jean suspended mid-air, preventing her from falling.

While still maintaining the mystical binds on the Mystiques, Ivan gently lowered Jean to the ground and requested Magneto's assistance. "Magneto, could you watch over them for me? I'll go find Hank."

Before departing, he dissolved the bindings and replaced them with the Immutable Spell of Holding, ensuring their captivity could persist without his presence, leaving the decision to Magneto.

Ivan then tapped into the energies of the Multiverse to create a Nexus Gate, vanishing in an instant. He reappeared in a dazzling display of exotic energies, crackling around him as he approached Hank. With a friendly smile, he said, "Tea would be preferred, maybe Camomile or even Kyoto, I do love some Kyoto, despite its rarity." He wore a gentle smile as he spoke.

Since he wasn't certain whether Hank was familiar with him, Ivan decided to introduce himself. "I'm Ivan, not widely recognized, but I prefer it that way."

It wasnt known of the exact nature of his mutant ability, most assume it to be simple teleportation, and his mystic connection was even more concealed, known to only a select few who were privy to this hidden aspect of his identity.

Hank Mccoy
Hank looked up as a guy appeared in front of him. Looked vaguely familiar. Seems to be a xman at least. He smiled softly at the guy with a light chuckle. "ill brew some when we get back, i think i have some Kyoto, was a gift" he responded in his usually kind tone. He always kept a lot of kinds of tea around in case.

Ah Ivan was his name, vaguely familar. He seemed like a nice guy already. "Hello Ivan, im Hank Mccoy, part of the old group heh" he chuckled out adjusting the dufflebag on his shoulder. He was a bit nervous, both the mystique situation and seeing the others again.

"So i take it youre my taxi back to the base, cool looking travel by the way"​

• Love
Magneto watched the Mystique in question, carefully scrutinizing her few possible actions. Her eyes remained intently fixed on Jean, a wicked smirk forming as the telepath's face contorted in anguish. The ground around Jean cracked and depressed as she collapsed. "Jean...!" Erik exclaimed.

His initial shock subsided as Ivan cushioned Jean's fall. He slowly nodded to the sorcerer, who soon disappeared to fetch Hank. With only the two look-alikes and an unresponsive girl present, he focused on the most problematic and enigmatic of the three. "You... What have you done to her?" His white-hot gaze fixed back on Mystique A.

"What did she do to herself?" the strange shapeshifter snarked. "This weakling intruded when she was not worthy of answers."

The Master of Magnetism growled at the arrogant remark. "You are testing my patience, 'Raven'—if that is even your true name. You should tell me what you are hiding, instead of provoking me." The fluorescent light fixture above Mystique A audibly groaned as it threatened to tear free from the ceiling and fall on her.

"Don't do it, Erik. We can't get our answers if you kill her," Mystique B implored. The light above grew still and quiet. Magneto sighed in frustration, then looked down at Jean. With Ivan already gone to pick up Hank, the former villain resolved to wait. "X-Men, we will have our hands full in the coming days," he muttered to himself.

Xavier Mansion, one hour later...

Beneath the sprawling Dutch Mansion, a series of cold, brightly lit steel corridors linked the X-Men's various research and training facilities. This secret base was the property's best-kept secret, the Institute's students sworn to silence. The occasional instance in which the basketball court split open to make way for a rising VTOL aircraft sometimes served as the only indicator that anything was out of the ordinary.

Before making any demands, Magneto invited Hank to drop off any luggage in his old bedroom on the mansion's second floor. He waited for the Beast's arrival, pacing back and forth between the lab and the infirmary doors. In the former, both Mystiques waited in quarantine cells. In the latter, Jean lay atop a bed, sans her mask; several machines taped to her forearm and temples monitored her vitals and brain activity. Thankfully, all readings seemed relatively normal. Erik breathed a sigh of relief; Charles would have surely been upset if one of his greatest students saw irreparable harm.

@Cyberelite2k @Xen6n @Camleen

So still she would lay there upon the table on her back, almost seeming as if she were sleeping. But in truth, this is something far deeper. The brainwave monitor affixed to her temples relay what it perceives is happening in her mind. The monitor shows 6 different readings.. the 5 brainwave frequencies all humans posses, plus 1 that monitors extrasensory psionic activity (which they have labeled ingenium).
The whole time she has been laying there, the stronger brainwave activity has been in the delta band. Indicating sleep. But slowly now, the ingenium and theta frequencies have been getting stronger, the delta losing intensity. The ingenium band fequency would continue to gain in strength, while the theta band would have plateaued.
Almost 3 hours since the incident at the parking garage, and that's when the brainwave monitor would begin to register Jean's alpha band brainwaves begin to gain in intensity. The theta waves would decrease, while the ingenium waves would remain steady. The alpha waves would begin to decrease as the beta waves began to gain in intensity. The alpha and beta waves seem to plateau, and Jean's green eyes flutter open as she lets out a soft groan. She begins to stir, bringing a hand up to her temples. Her fingers tense a moment, then feel along the sensory nodes placed on her skin there. "Uh.." she utters softly. Her fingers move along the tiny sensors, being able to recognize their shape. She pushes herself up on her opposite elbow into a reclined position, seeing the wires affixed to her arms. She of course recognizes the room she is in. It's a room she has done a lot of work in, either on her own or acting as a physician's assistant when need be. With a soft 'thump' she lays back down, her hair dangling over the sides of the bed. Her eyes close and she just lays there, her hands also dangling partially from the sides of the bed.

Hank Mccoy
When Hank had gotten to the msnsion he quickly got to preparing himself. He rushed to his bedroom on the second floor to quickly drop his suitcase off but carried his bag of equipment down with him. He needed to see what was happening and had to save his greeting and gifts for later. His agility was luckily quite good given his mutation so he cpuld make it down in no time.

As he rushed down the steps, jumping the last few to save a little time he saw Magneto after a while and jogged to him. "sorry for the delay, forgot some of the way around heh" he chuckled to mask his worry as he saw the guy pacing. "what do you need, whos hurt and what can i do" he asked looking between the med bay and the quarantine.​

Ivan followed closely behind Hank into the lab, where he encountered Eric deep in contemplation, grappling with a challenging problem. Ivan, aware that Magneto didn't operate well under stress, exhibited a noticeable difference from Charles in handling such situations. Despite this contrast, Eric remained an exceptional leader, showcasing his prowess as a formidable warrior in battle.

Realizing the potentially awkward reunion between Hank and Eric, he silently acknowledged both before making his way to the quarantine cell area. His intention was to confirm his suspicions about the newly arrived Mystique. Recognizing beings from different universes, he was certain this Mystique didn't belong to his reality. Alternate variants typically exhibit a distinct quantum field that aligns with the respective reality, a phenomenon known as Existential Synchronicity.

If an individual from a different universe lacks comprehension of and the ability to uphold harmony in that unfamiliar universe, it could lead to significant consequences, including spatial-temporal destabilization, potential incursion, and, worst of all, a gradual rejection of one's existence, eventually erasing them from reality.

Many are unaware that the universe possesses sentience, akin to the human body identifying and expelling foreign substances. However, lucky for them, the highlighted risks Ivan pointed out emerges after a few weeks in an alternate universe. As he observed two Mystiques in quarantine cells, he sensed the abnormality of their existence, likening it to fitting a triangular puzzle piece into a square puzzle space.

"What is your world like Raven?"

Ivan conversed with the foreign Mystique, standing with his arms at his back and gazing into her eyes as though attempting to glimpse into her soul. Although he possesses the ability to do so through magic, he strives to rely on more humane methods, occasionally reflecting on his own insignificance within the vast calculations of the Multiverse.

Magneto turned around as Hank made his presence known. "Where do we begin, old friend?" he sighed. The events of the day had visibly taken its toll, as shown by the dark circles under his eyes. "Ivan is in there, speaking to our two Ravens. He may see something we don't, but I believe you could give us some insight into what makes the two unique, biologically. As for Jean, it seems her vitals are all nor—" He cocked an eyebrow as he looked through the doorway. Clearly, he noticed her hair and arms dangling over the sides of the bed. "Jean? Are you awake?" he called out to her.

Mystique A sat cross-legged in the corner of her quarantine cell, staring off into space. She seemingly ignored the activity in the lab beyond her cramped confines... That is, until Ivan addressed her. Her posture stiffened as her head slowly turned towards him. "So, you finally figured it out..." she murmured. Lifting herself onto her feet, she stood with her arms crossed in front of the reinforced glass door. "You really want to know? Fine. I come from an Earth plagued by war and terror. All the governments you know have fallen, and one emperor reigns supreme." The speech sounded dramatic, but one thing was missing from her statement: the name of said emperor.

Mystique B, which Ivan had determined to be the one native to this Earth, pounding the glass of her own cell with her fist. "But what was the point of coming here to cause trouble? In fact, how did you get here?" she demanded.

Mystique A backed up and leaned against the rear wall of her cell. "I fear I have said too much already. Irene's life is in danger... Just know this: there are more of us." It was a chilling message, one that left more questions than answers.

Interactions: @Cyberelite2k @Camleen @Xen6n

("Oh… now I know where this is… goodness how could I forget?") Now her eyes flutter open and once more she pushes herself up into a sitting position. After a moment she turns on the bed so her feet are dangling over its side. Green eyes look in the direction of the quarantine, towards those around and within it. And a small bit of joy alights in her heart realizing Hank is here. Oh it's been so long since she has seen him, seen any of the boys really. But that sort of thought will have to be put on the backburner for now.

She sits there and carefully one by one pulls the sensor nodes from her arms and her neck, and she keeps her eyes on Mystique A now. Slowly and steadily she slides from the bed and her feet softly touch the floor. Carefully she walks from the medbay to join the others, but she stands afar from them. She stops at a console, one of the many here, and tries to access the computer. And she is a bit surprised to see her access code still works. She glances a discrete smirk to Magneto, then she looks back to the terminal. ("Well, small favors eh girl? Maybe he just assumed I would come back someday. Or just wishful thinking.") Her fingers dance across the keyboard, setting up a scan while hardly needing to think about it. Over her shoulder she glances to Mystique A, and then back to the console screen. A quick scan is completed, and a soft sigh escapes her lips. She logs out of the computer and now turns her chair so she is better facing the group. Her arms are crossed over her chest, one of her gloved hands rubbing the side of her temple absently. "Mystique… other world Mystique…" ("I truly hate alternate world things, it's such a pain keeping things straight") "You don't have any particular psionic talent… so you wouldn't be able to come close to blocking me out. I think I know who did, though. And…" she now pushes herself to her feet slowly, arms still crossed over her chest.

"You may or may not know about us… about the X-Men" she says that with an edge of pride "but we're pretty good problem solvers." She glances to Magneto ("We solved the problem of his attempt to blow up the world a few times") and then she looks back to Mystique. "So let us help you. Let us help your Irene." She isn't sure exactly who Irene is, but she could feel the surge of emotion from the Mystiques with the mention of the name. "The emperor you spoke of… it's him… isn't it? The one that set up psychic barriers in your mind. The blue gloved hand. The one that preaches about survival of the fittest… it's him isn't it?" Her tone is even, calmed. She seems to think she knows who the mystery mastermind is… but for some reason she doesn't seem to want to say the name…

The foreign Mystique shuddered and averted her gaze from Jean, who gave an unsettling description of someone she and Hank knew too well, as veteran X-Men. Her lips twitched as though she wanted to answer the questions, but she simply drew out a frustrated sigh. "I know what you're capable of. The X-Men are one of the few packets of resistance, undermining him..."

"So you're a lackey... But what does Irene have to do with all this?" the native Mystique interrupted.

"Insurance," Erik answered for her, glancing at each X-Man as he explained. "You know the game, Raven. They take a hostage that is close to you, and then coerce you to act outside of your best interests. Disobey, and the hostage is harmed." Though he hated to admit it, he remembered a thing or two about that tactic. With decades of espionage and villainy behind him, he knew the gimmick far too well.

A knot formed in the pit of Magneto's stomach. The ugliest part of the hostage gambit was that the hostage often didn't leave unharmed, regardless of whether or not one complied. Would it really come to that?

Interactions: @Camleen

Hank Mccoy
Hank listened to Magnetos words his expression as usual kind but attentive. He was taking note of his words. He cpuld potentially check their blood types and inspect it under a microscope, he hadnt dealt with much of this alternate stuff in terms of labwork. Might give him more insight and allow him to think up of a way for easy identification. However his thoughts where interrupted by Jean waking up and getting up. "please be careful Jean" he said softly as she moved to the computer and ran her scan.

Hank had listened as The other Mystique began to talk about some things related to the situation. It worried him, a world that ravished was scary especially of whoever ruled it mightve been sending someone here. For what reason, unlikely to be good. Moreso when Jean described the hand and the speeches. He clenched hus fingers slightly anxiously. It hopefully isnt him. Please no.
"Well if this Irene is being held hostage maybe we can find a way to get her back to you unharmed or at least alive, itll be hard if it is...him but im sure we can find some way" He stated trying to reassure the other Mystique...he really needed a way to distinguish the two in his thoughts.​

IVAN

Ivan paid careful attention while the Mystique variant described her world, which was riddled with war and terror. Such information didn't particularly alarm Ivan; rather, it deepened his sense of disappointment. He is aware of numerous realities suffering similar fates, and the more distressing truth is that he has the power to intervene and assist, as it is his duty. As the Sorcerer Supreme of the Nexus of All Realities, technically, the downfall of Mystique's universe is a burden he bears daily, feeling responsible for it.

In numerous alternate realities, more severe calamities unfold. For example, in a universe where death is absent, the Many-Angled Ones have conquered and governed every corner of that universe. Another reality depicts humans succeeding in eradicating the mutant race entirely, while others face grim fates through incursions, resulting in the loss of trillions of lives.

He is disturbed by the reference to an emperor, but not for the reasons one might assume. There are numerous universes under the control of wicked rulers like Thanos, Dr. Doom, Red Skull, Ultron, and a malevolent version of Captain America, among others. However, that's not what concerns him. His worry stems from the possibility that this emperor, whom Ivan suspects he knows, is behind Mystique's arrival in their world, indicating a larger scheme at play. The thought of their potential actions deeply unsettles him.

The emperor's ambition could possibly extend beyond enslaving just this universe; there's a concern that he might seek control over the entire multiverse. Though formidable heroes and teams, surpassing even the x-men in strength, may arise to thwart the mad emperor, it is wiser to intervene before it reaches a point of no return.

"He's not going to stop at this universe is he?"

It's not so much a question as a suggestive remark. Those cosmic conquerors aiming to impose their ideals across their universe never settle for just one world; their mindset is 'why stop at one world when you can have all of them'. This deeply disturbed him, evident in the visible discomfort he experienced.

He observed Jean as she earnestly persuaded the Mystique variant to receive their assistance, and it appeared effective. Ivan was impressed by her empathy and spirit, which he likened to a soft flame, both warm and enlightening, casting light into the shadowy recesses of the psyche. However, he also noticed a destructive side to her, a complexity he couldn't quite grasp, sensing there was more to Jean than met the eye. This element in her struck a chord of familiarity with him, something lying dormant in her, though he couldn't place it. Nonetheless, he didn't dwell on it, shifting his attention back to Eric.

"Either way, Eric, you know know too well it always end the same way."

He's witnessed this cunning tactic employed by numerous villains too often, and it frustrates him to no end to see many heroes succumb to it. These villains never intended to fulfill their promises from the start. Demons, like Mephisto, are infamous for such schemes, and the thought of it almost amused him. Mephisto, the conniving Hell-Lord, takes pleasure in deceiving self-sacrificial ones.

As Hank mentioned to the Mystique variant about retrieving her close one from the grasp of this cosmic conquerer, he piqued up in interest.

"Getting to her universe wont be a problem, leave that to me, however, its attempting to evade...him and retrieving Irene."

Interaction/s: @Goonfire @Cyberelite2k @Camleen

Matthew Michael Volt

Interaction: Open

There were very few constants in the life of one Matthew Volt. That was how he liked it, or at least that was what he'd keep telling himself. He was too used to being on the move, thinking three steps ahead and looking over his shoulder. After his time in the Brotherhood there had been far too many threats to his people, and above all else he swore to keep his sister safe. His choice to leave Genosha was one of the tougher ones he'd had in a long time. With Magneto no longer on site to protect the island, it left a certain gap in the security of his sister's home that made Matthew's skin crawl. He really didn't like that. But he also understood that the X-men had been the front runners on every crisis that threatened mutant kind, and if he wanted to be able to do something more to better protect his person he would need to roll with those front-runners.

… Whether or not he was actually welcome remained to be seen. The exodus of the school after Magneto took over spoke volumes. Matthew had shied away from any direct interactions with the remaining students in the hopes of letting them settle down. He'd make sure there was always some kind of slow cooker meal available in the kitchen for any of the remaining students, if they didn't feel like cooking or anything like that. Food tended to win people over in the long run, but honestly he wasn't too sure what he was really doing.

These kids had seen him at his worst, the feral guard dog of the Brotherhood. Havoc. He continues chopping up carrots and parsnips to toss in the slow cooker for today's hearty stew option. A notecard was placed by the stew pot listing each and every ingredient that was in there. His mind was somewhere else entirely as he continued through the motions. Today was the trial of Gyrich, the guy who nearly managed to kill the mind behind the X-men, and he couldn't even touch his phone without finding the internet alight with articles on it from every angle. Absentmindedly, he shuts down some of the more hateful webpages as he goes through the motions. It was the internet, everyone was free to be a dick. He just couldn't let things be, too much of that intense hatred would stir up trouble. It would be very difficult to trace his near-technopathic influence anyways.

He kept a finger to the pulse of everything going on down in D.C. while Magneto and the remaining X-men were away. The idea of him leading their old dance partner still felt wrong, but once again the world proved to be a very chaotic place. Which is why Matthew remained at the mansion, stress cooking away. He tosses the browned beef into the stew pot along with some stock and set it to a nice low and slow cook. Two Mystiques would be a pain in the ass to sort out, so he figured he'd have plenty of time before any of their house guests would venture up from the depths of the school.

With the stew going in the crock pot, he had time to go out and do his rounds. Nothing was really flashing warning signs at him as he strolled around the school grounds. He straightens up things as he goes, letting his OCD and attention issues go wild as he flits here and there. It was a thorough patrol, and he figured the grounds had never been kept neater.

Last edited:
00000000000000.jpg
The evening sun cast a warm glow through the windows of Scott Summers' modest apartment in Mutant Town, New York City. Situated on the third floor of a brownstone building, the space was filled with a mix of vintage furniture and modern amenities, reflecting Scott's eclectic tastes. The walls were adorned with framed photographs and artwork, each piece holding a special memory or significance to him.
cd275d644cc04996ac5caf6a7f261707.jpeg
Scott sits at a small wooden table, his fingers tracing the rim of a coffee mug as he gazes out into the night. His thoughts drift back to the last time he saw his teammates, the uncertainty and fear that gripped them all as they faced down the threat of Apocalypse. It's been months since he's heard anything from the institute, and the silence weighs heavily on his shoulders.

Glancing at the clock on the wall, Scott realized that he had been sitting around for hours. With a sigh, he pushed himself away from the desk and stood up, stretching his muscles to alleviate the stiffness that had settled in from sitting for so long. The events of recent years flash through his mind like fragmented memories—Magneto's rise to power, the Sentinel program, the devastating onslaught of . . . Onslaught. Each trial has left its mark, shaping him into what he is today. But now, with the absence of Professor Xavier, Scott can't shake the feeling of being adrift, anchorless in a sea of uncertainty.

As he made his way to the small kitchenette, Scott couldn't help but reflect on the events that had transpired at the institute in recent months. The tension among the team was palpable, exacerbated by Magneto's newfound leadership. "What were you thinking, Professor? Why. . . Him of all people?" Scott has been mulling over Professor Xavier's final decision that day for months since the X-Men separated. The Professor, the wisest man he knows, chose the most dangerous man on the planet to succeed him in leading the X-Men. A force for peace, in the control of a proven madman. Scott shook the thought out of his head before he began ranting about it out-loud. Again.

Pouring himself a cup of coffee, Scott leaned against the kitchen counter, lost in thought. He wondered how his teammates were coping with the uncertainty and fear that hung over them like a dark cloud. He hoped that they could find the strength and courage to face whatever challenges lay ahead, knowing that their bond as a team was their greatest asset in the fight against evil.

As he took a sip of his coffee, his gaze shifts to the worn leather couch across the room, where a stack of old newspapers sits untouched. Headlines scream of mutant protests, government crackdowns, and whispers of a looming apocalypse. Scott knows that the world outside is fraught with danger, but in this moment, all he can focus on is the emptiness of his apartment and the ache of loneliness that gnaws at his heart.

With a heavy sigh, Scott pushes himself to his feet and moves to the window, the cool glass against his fingertips offering a fleeting sense of connection to the world outside. In the distance, the faint hum of activity fills the air, a reminder that life goes on even in the face of uncertainty.

As Scott stood by the window, a faint sound caught his attention—a soft shuffle near the door. He turned, eyebrows furrowing in curiosity as he approached cautiously. Stooping down, he noticed a small envelope slipped under the crack of his door.

Picking it up, he examined the front—it was addressed to him. With a sense of intrigue, Scott tore open the envelope, revealing its contents. Inside, he found a paycheck from Heroes for Hire, a familiar name in the world of superheroes.

But what caught his eye was the note nestled within the envelope. It read:
-----------------------------
"Dear Scott,

We wanted to express our deepest gratitude for your recent assistance on our mission. Your courage and skill were invaluable, and we couldn't have achieved success without you. Enclosed is a token of our appreciation.

Thank you for being a true hero.

Sincerely,
Heroes for Hire Team"

------------------------------
Scott's lips curled into a small smile as he read the note. It was a reminder that even in his solitude, his efforts were recognized and appreciated by others in the superhuman community. Folding the note back into the envelope, he tucked it into his pocket, feeling a renewed sense of purpose stirring within him. The paycheck from Heroes for Hire shows a sum of $1,500. A very good amount to live off of for the next month or two. Now he had to cash it in, which was a good enough excuse to get out of his apartment. Scott grabbed his coat, placed the check inside the coat pocket before opening the door and stepping out.

Night fell over the state of New York, though it was not a time of rest for the wary X-Men. With more questions than answers, Hank was tasked with analyzing a series of anomalies in the foreign Mystique's DNA—signs of genetic manipulation and microscopic, metallic foreign bodies. The Raven he knew had fallen asleep in her quarantine cell. Knowing her limitations may have given one a sense of security; Raven could not shapeshift into anything that could squeeze under the custom ballistic glass door—one millimeter or less between components.

Matthew was restless. He was restless on a good day, and today was decidedly not a good day. They were dealing with not one, but two shapeshifting mutants - that as far as track record went a reasonable person wouldn't trust further than they could throw them - locked up down in the basement. And Matt wasn't the textbook definition of reasonable when it came to trust. With one of them being from a different universe, who was to say she didn't have other capabilities? Suppose she just turned into a blue whale or some shit and forced her way out that way?

Motion tended to solve most of Matt's issues, so he resigned himself to play guard dog for the start of evening, at least. His patrol slowed as he approached the basement. Lab settings still bugged him, and he had some conflicting feelings on going into the more clearly X-men oriented space. He breathed out a staticky sigh and proceeded into the cell area. He glanced between the two cells, weirded out by the doubles. One was asleep, or at least he thought she was. Could always be faking it.

He hears the click of claws on a keyboard and proceeds to the official lab. He spots the big blue Beast at a computer and clears his throat with a little static crackle to make his presence known. "Didn't realize someone else would still be up… Thanks for coming in to help on this." He said as he leaned against the entryway, not going any further into the room.

Hank continued to analyze the second Mystique's DNA, trying to find any more odd signs in it. Honestly it was just worrisome, the changes to it could mean a level of unpredictability with the newer Raven. This also made him wonder what they had to go through. He jumped a little at the voice turning before chuckling seeing Matt. "Ah well I have a habit of just…forgetting to sleep but I also wanted to solve this, it's no problem by the way, I'm always alright to help out."

"That's a dangerous habit. Lowers your reaction time when you need it." As if Matt wasn't pulling the same shit at the moment, but he continued without leaving an opening for protest. "Anything coming up so far?" He still made no further move into the room, but peers curiously at the computer screen.

Hank chuckled at the response, Matt was correct but it was a bad habit he got stuck with in recent months, he'd try to fix it when all this was solved. He turned back to the screen with a thoughtful look. "So far it seems the second Raven's genes had been modified somewhat, looks different to ours simply, I'd need to check more to see exactly what the effects are…I'm worried for what she went through, though," he stated with a sigh.

There's a little uptick in the static feeling in the air around Matthew at the mention of genetic modification. He glanced back towards the cells in clear worry. He'd never gotten a write up on what the program he went through actually did to him, but he did know that after each procedure his capabilities surged compared to his sister. Now they were looking at an altered twin from a different dimension. "Be careful down here, ok? She's an unknown variable, there's no telling what her capabilities are with changes like that going on." The itch for movement was building under his skin, the lab setting coupled with the new development starting to bother him. "You haven't eaten yet, right? I'll bring something down for you on my next round." He offered before making a quick departure.

The interloper merely nodded when Matt offered her a meal. She had been quiet this whole time, seemingly lost in thought. Her yellow eyes drifted from side to side, scanning every instrument in the extensive laboratory.

The lab soon returned to near-silence, save for the clinking of glass bottles and beakers. Hank had an entire collection of enzymes available, no doubt curated by Magneto in his absence. That was when the outsider made her move; seemingly huddled up in the corner with her stew, she rapidly melted into a puddle of water. The liquid slipped through the tiniest cracks and flowed between tiles until it coalesced behind the tired but focused Hank. Then, it reformed, the only indicators being a whiff of perfume, a faint squishing noise as she solidified, and the skidding of metal along the smooth countertop behind his left shoulder.

Mystique was upon him in no time, having swiped an overmolded polymer-handled scalpel and sliced the power cable of the lab computer. With the sparking wire in-hand, she thrust it towards Beast ruthlessly, baring her teeth in a violent expression.

Hank had been working on further inspecting the DNA but he swore he heard something. He turned his head a little bit and quickly grabbed onto Mystique's arm. He gritted his own teeth as he tried to keep the cable from hitting him. "You don't have to do this, we are trying to help!"

His words fell upon deaf ears as the determined assassin snatched the cable with her free hand and closed the gap, the crackling conductors meeting Hank's chest.

Hank let out a yell as the conductors hit his fur covered flesh. It hurt a lot but he has to try to resist as best he could so she did not escape or kill him. Despite his better judgment he tried to kick her away with his strong leg.

"AGH!" The maneuver paid off, as the kick connected, sending her tumbling onto the floor. She groaned before morphing into a cheetah and bolting out of the room.

The commotion had startled this Earth's Raven awake. She stood behind her cell door, watching in awe as the scene unfolded before her. "She's getting away! Get up!" she shouted, smacking the glass to get Hank's attention.

Hank had to take a few seconds to regain his bearings after he had kicked the woman away. That was painful. He quickly nodded at his world's Mystiques words and rushed quickly after her, quickly smacking his hand against an alarm. They might need any help getting her back. She somehow got out, theirs couldn't do that as easily. Likely the changes he spotted earlier.

The escapee rushed through the metallic main corridor of the secret base, only stopping to shift into a bird form and expedite the trip up the stairs.

Matt's brain was going haywire and even the architectural history portion of MIT's open course-ware wasn't settling his frayed nerves. He'd tried squeezing in some rest between his circuits after playing nice. After being down in the lab that was probably a pipe dream.

Maybe another walk-about would get the edge off. Then he was going to pawn the security gig off to someone else for the night. That lab bothered him.

Huffing a staticy sigh, he glances at his watch… Was it really two in the morning? Guess he'd be finishing off that bag of coffee tomorrow… well, later today, damn. Without his gloves or rubber soled combat boots - his civilian people-proofing to limit accidental discharges - he was a live wire. He wanders through the halls in a worn out Alan Parsons Project tshirt - I Robot album - and a pair of black sweatpants. His skin rippled between his human appearance and his black and white pixelated form as he let his pixel perfect image rest. He was alone, no need to keep the act going.

His meandering patrol brought him back to the kitchen and he snagged a pear from the fruit bowl to munch on as he continued on his way. His silent steps bring him to the foyer of the mansion. He glances outside, remembering that busted piece of sidewalk out there still from Jean's spectacular departure. He ought to hand her the bill for the bag of Quickcrete he still needed to pick up next time she showed up.

A loud alarm suddenly blared throughout the mansion. Someone had hit a panic switch. Given there were only four residents of the mansion present, it didn't take much to surmise what happened.

Havoc shakes his head and bolts to the stairs that lead down to the basement, only for a bird to be spotted beelining up them.

The static in the air grows intense in a field around Havoc, aiming to fluff up the bird's feathers and render her incapable of flight. Worry sparks for Beast but he had other priorities at the moment. He had to have hit the panic button, which meant he was still alive.

With her bird form's flight feathers rendered ineffective, the shapeshifter assumed her true form, finishing her ascent by vaulting over the top railing and throwing a knee targeting Matt's gut.

Havoc blocks her knee with his forearms, and she gets a shock equivalent to the force she put into the hit. Some faint pixelation can be seen where she hit him. "Did you even consider how short sighted this was?" He questions her motives with a little tilt to his head. "These guys were already gung-ho on helping you, why throw it like this?" He goes for a straight kick to send her tumbling back down the stairs, electricity crackling at his foot.

They were playing a dangerous game, fighting at the top of a steep flight of stairs.

"If you want to help me… then get out of my way," she retorted, her trembling arms barely clinging to the railing. The charged kick took a lot of fight out of the escapee.

A mechanical whirring could be heard throughout the mansion's upper levels; the mansion's defense mechanisms were engaged, alloy shutters blocking every single exit and window. It was now much more difficult for this Mystique to leave.

"You can't even get past me, you really think you can do this on your own?" Havoc steps towards the railing with electricity crackling at his fists, blue eyes glaring at her down. An ominous static hiss crackled beneath his voice. "Helping you isn't in my direct interests. Permanently stopping that monster before he can threaten me and mine again? That, that we can talk business about. Understood?"

Hank had managed to reach where the Mystique was. Matt had seemed to have met her halfway, doing far better than he would be able to after that shock. Though he still had some fight in him. He got ready for a scuffle. "He isn't as likely as merciful an option as fighting some of the others would, I would rather this end peacefully," he stated, ready to pounce if needed.

A bit of the menace left Havoc's posture as he saw Beast wasn't hurt too badly. He recognized the electrical burn on him, a sudden worry that he'd be blamed for injuring the guy passing through the back of his mind.

The stairwell door flew open as Magneto emerged, fully suited up. The metal fibers of the armored outfit allowed him to don or doff it with but a thought. "What is the meaning of this?" he asked sternly. He stared down at Raven, a smirk threatening to show. "Am I to assume you have places to be and goals to complete? Perhaps we can help you." The railings began to vibrate—an intimidation tactic.

The standoff continued, the air thick with tension. Her hard gaze flickered between the three men now flanking her. Her rigid stance suddenly wavered before she slouched over. "Ugh… You wanna stop him?" she sighed, echoing Matt's statement. "As Jean saw, I have a cast-iron non-disclosure agreement, but that doesn't stop you from following me. My rendezvous is tomorrow night. Join me."

Havoc raises an eyebrow at the suggestion, one of his classic 'are you kidding me' looks getting thrown to Magneto.

Magneto reciprocated the glance with one of his own—a wary look with pursed lips. He turned his head back towards their captive, and after another few uncomfortable seconds, he retorted: "This had better not be another trap... for your sake, Raven."

She responded to the threat in a begrudging tone: "Until he falls, it's Envy."

Last edited:
IVAN
MUTANT SORCERER SUPREME
Last Night...

Sleep eluded Ivan, often finding himself engaged in astral projection across different dimensions or even distant locations on Earth throughout most nights. This activity left him with a serene sensation akin to slumber. It wasn't that he couldn't sleep—he could, and he needed to—but sleeping posed the gravest risk. The ruler of the Dream Dimension sought his demise, and malevolent extradimensional entities lurked, eagerly awaiting the chance to strike him in his vulnerable state.

The mantle of Sorcerer Supreme bestowed undeniable advantages, but it also marked one for life, instilling a perpetual vigilance. Ivan remained ever watchful, wary of any mystical threats lurking beyond the veils of reality. It proved exhausting, and he harbored no desire to imperil his fellow X-Men or any mutants. They did not require the unnecessary trouble that could befall them.

To mitigate such peril, he continuously regulated ambient energy, drawing it into his body—a process akin to Scott Summers' mutation (and learned how to accomplish such a feat from observing Scott himself, he's quite the commanding presence), albeit one that weakened him. It demanded a level of finesse akin to reciting the alphabet backward while balancing numerous plates atop sticks, all while hopping on one foot. While somewhat exaggerated, this metaphor aptly conveyed the complexity of his efforts. However, his body would stay rejuvenated and he wouldn't need to sleep for a while.

Upon his soul's return to his corporeal form within the mansion's confines, he found himself laying, gazing up at the ceiling, pondering if life could offer more. It was the middle of the night and about an hour after the "incident" that happened downstairs with the Mystique variant's escape attempt. He wondered if he could turn back time and prevent his departure, yearning for a conventional life, for a family. Loneliness gnawed at him despite his attempts to connect with those around him and mutants like himself; he still felt like an outsider, as if he didn't belong.

He longed to reunite with Agamotto and the others, an eccentric group that somehow made things work—memories that would fill him with nostalgia and longing.

Exhaling a heavy sigh, unbeknownst to himself, Ivan slowly rose from his bed and changed into casual attire: a plain black shirt and grey sweatpants.

Descending the stairs and traversing the desolate hallway, he made his way to Jean's dorm, remembering the small favor she had asked of him earlier.

He knocked firmly yet gently on Jean's door, awaiting her answer.​

@Camleen

Last edited: