WWE 2K 17 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naturally, SuperCena will be in the game. THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR is surprising but i suspect it's due to the Warrior award being a thing and them trying to honour himm by including him in the game. Sasha is in, good to hear but about the four horsewomen? I hope they include all the NXT women. Not having what is pretty much NXT's version of Lesnar, Asuka in would be criminal. And not because i think she is very hot.

Today well get 3 more superstars. One current Superstar kinda like Cena. Past Superstar kinda like Ultimate Warrior and one future superstar kinda like Sasha Banks.
We'll get 3 more tomorrow as well.

So far we have:

WCW Goldberg
WWE Goldberg
John Cena
Ultimate Warrior
Sasha Banks.

This MONDAY NIGHT RAW WOULD BE THE WWE 2K17 COVER REVEALED!

I just home this is in the game as an OMG Moment:

tumblr_moz3dwhugW1ql0k28o4_r1_250.gif

It would be cool to have this as an entrance:

Now we know so far:

WCW Goldberg
WWE Goldberg
John Cena
Ultimate Warrior
Sasha Banks.
Brock Lensar

I hope Brock has more then 3 moves in the game. He is kinda boring. Suplex, suplex, F5 and maybe, a powerbomb. Not surprised he is the face of the game but it would have been better if they used someone else. Brock is not really the face of the company and well, he is barely there.

Reactions: HakuUzumaki
Brock Lensar Trailer hints at these superstars:

Big Show
Dean Ambrose
Booker T
Alberto Del Rio
Sheamus
Braun Strowman
Bray Wyatt
Erick Rowan
Luke Harper
Stone Cold

Last edited by a moderator:
If Brock is the focus of this year's "Story" mode, it will suck. I mean, Early days Brock will be good to play but modern day Brock? Erm.... anyone want to suplex people over and over and over again, F5 and pin? Kinda crap. That said, I do find Brock to be boring due to them doing what people hate Cena for yet give Brock a free pass on it. 3 moves of doom. Even Hogan managed to avoid being boring with his stale move set. Granted, it was a different time and he managed to avoid being boring via charisma and allowed people to get hits in. Brock? Spam city. But hopefully, it's just the cover that is Brock focused. Apparently, Mycareer will have you as a Heyman Guy. I do hope that they will FINALLY allow save imports. I mean, who doesn't want to import last year's CAWs? Tis rather annoying trying to replicate a CAW in a new entry of the franchise.

If Brock is the focus of this year's "Story" mode, it will suck. I mean, Early days Brock will be good to play but modern day Brock? Erm.... anyone want to suplex people over and over and over again, F5 and pin? Kinda crap. That said, I do find Brock to be boring due to them doing what people hate Cena for yet give Brock a free pass on it. 3 moves of doom. Even Hogan managed to avoid being boring with his stale move set. Granted, it was a different time and he managed to avoid being boring via charisma and allowed people to get hits in. Brock? Spam city. But hopefully, it's just the cover that is Brock focused. Apparently, Mycareer will have you as a Heyman Guy. I do hope that they will FINALLY allow save imports. I mean, who doesn't want to import last year's CAWs? Tis rather annoying trying to replicate a CAW in a new entry of the franchise.

I just hope we have more caw slots. I highly doubt it dough. I agreed with you on the Import thing would be awesome. I rather have Seth Rollins or Dean Ambrose as the Cover.

I think 200(i think) is the most they can fit on the disc. Would love to see the CAW system allow for different gimmicks. E.g. One CAW can pull a Mick Foley, One has Wrestlemania attire etc.. instead of having to create a clone of it and kinda pointless to do so if you want a wrestlemania one and don't want to get rid of all your entrances.

Also, bring back the generic belt being ignored and just around your waist. I hate the lack of champion entrances. But god damnit if they make the bulk of it Brock oriented. I mean, he is a barely there timer. Sure, Undertaker ended up doing 1 match a year but he earnt that right and even then, he put all effort into making it the best match he could do. Brock? He comes and goes for the cash. He doesn't really give a damn as long as he is paid.

But I can see it being WCW Mode(at last) as the main mode, a small Brock list of matches and Career Mode with Heyman as the main bulk of it. Universe mode will be ignored again or taken out. No Create a Finisher as i can imagine they don't have time to deal with it. :(

And if they include DA IRON FACKING SHIEK, include him as da shiek, not da general something something.

I think 200(i think) is the most they can fit on the disc. Would love to see the CAW system allow for different gimmicks. E.g. One CAW can pull a Mick Foley, One has Wrestlemania attire etc.. instead of having to create a clone of it and kinda pointless to do so if you want a wrestlemania one and don't want to get rid of all your entrances.

Also, bring back the generic belt being ignored and just around your waist. I hate the lack of champion entrances. But god damnit if they make the bulk of it Brock oriented. I mean, he is a barely there timer. Sure, Undertaker ended up doing 1 match a year but he earnt that right and even then, he put all effort into making it the best match he could do. Brock? He comes and goes for the cash. He doesn't really give a damn as long as he is paid.

But I can see it being WCW Mode(at last) as the main mode, a small Brock list of matches and Career Mode with Heyman as the main bulk of it. Universe mode will be ignored again or taken out. No Create a Finisher as i can imagine they don't have time to deal with it. :(

And if they include DA IRON FACKING SHIEK, include him as da shiek, not da general something something.

I hope they don't take out he Universe Mode for GM Mode. I want Sgt. Slaughter with his Soldier outfit. I want big guys as well. I hope they are in the game.

These guys are the ones I want to see in the game:

Syxx (X-Pack), Dean Malenko, Harlem Heat, Road warriors, Steiner Brothers, Hardy Boys, Pryme Tyme, MVP, Public Enemy,The Wrath (Adam Bomb & Bryan Clark) , Brian Adams, Bruiser Mastino (Kane), Superstar Steve Austin, Stunning Steve Austin, Mean Mark (Undertaker), Damon Striker (Edge), Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Jean-Paul Lévesque, Meng (Haku), Terry Richards (Rhyno), Brian Armstrong (Roaddogg), Nasty Boys, Smoking Gunns, Fabulous Rougeaus, The Mountie, Giant Gonzalez, RVD,Rhyno, Tommy Dreamer, Raven, Sabu, Tazz & Sandman.

The Hardy boys won't appear due to them being TNA's biggest stars atm and would be too much hassle for 2k to try to get in the game along with WWE liking to ignore TNA's existence. They won't do Mean Mark as Undertaker takes Kayfabe seriously and well, they wouldn't want to show him before his Undertaker days to avoid harming him or because they don't want to. Same with Triple H but for different reasons.

All Austins will appear as they will probably just reuse biggest stars from the last game.

The Hardy boys won't appear due to them being TNA's biggest stars atm and would be too much hassle for 2k to try to get in the game along with WWE liking to ignore TNA's existence. They won't do Mean Mark as Undertaker takes Kayfabe seriously and well, they wouldn't want to show him before his Undertaker days to avoid harming him or because they don't want to. Same with Triple H but for different reasons.

All Austins will appear as they will probably just reuse biggest stars from the last game.

They did it with Stone Cold. AKA Stunning Steve Austin and Superstar Steve Austin. I just wish they'll have their persona's names in the CALL NAME LIST.

To be fair, Austin is Austin and WCW was a key factor in his history. Granted, they sacked him, he went to ECW, got confidence and went to WWE became the bionic redneck but WCW was where he kinda started out. That and it was bonus matches that took place in WCW.

To be fair, Austin is Austin and WCW was a key factor in his history. Granted, they sacked him, he went to ECW, got confidence and went to WWE became the bionic redneck but WCW was where he kinda started out. That and it was bonus matches that took place in WCW.

RVD was Robby V in WCW. If I was in charge of the WWE. I'll have all of the Personas of all of the WWE Legends. I think that'll be awesome. I'm sure I'll can get CM Punk back in the WWE and same goes for Cody Rhodes.

I'm not sure if the is real or not. WWE 2K17 Facebook page post these images:

13653307_1745370709072016_4429473768320328641_o.jpg

13576663_1745357209073366_3262702944270890990_o.jpg

If it's the offical page, I believe it is real. If it's the fan page or a page pretending to be the offical one, i don't believe it. It's rarely covered by the games media apart from a few articles due to well, Wrestling not being popular and WWE more or less being the only game that is released every year.

Good to see Buried Alive is back and hopefully, the minigame is far better. I recall it involving a rather iffy stop at blue area and didn't really feel like they were beaten. Just lost because of a blue button. I want there to be a last gasp mechanic. You know how in some Buried Alive matches, it seems like Undertaker is on the verge of losing or winning then the other one climbs out and gets the win? Something like that. Maybe, it takes into account the state of the other wrestler, staminia and it being an all or nothing move. E.g. You're about to be buried alive but you barely climb out and have a second wind where you have a few moves(Let's say 4) to determine if you can finish off the other one. For example, a few punches and kicks followed by a chokeslam.

Ambulance matches will be interesting to see. Although, it'll probably be a crappy last man standing clone with a drag foe to it gimmick. :-/

Doubt they will change any of the returning matches in terms of gameplay. :-/ Hope that ladder matches allow for more then 2 ladders in the ring. I mean, why not 4? 4 sides, 4 under the ring?

And for the love of 3:16, let us do Edge-Jeff Hardy OMG moment spears. Granted, i can't recall if we can do that or not already.

I do hope they will announce the new and improved Create a finisher. I mean, they overhauled the creation for wrestlers so why not a new finisher thing?

And I hope that they don't pad out the roster with several versions of one wrestler, the wrong gimmick for certain ones that they were known for. I mean, how the FACK do you put da facking IRON SHIEK in the game and not as DA FACKING SHEIK! HE PUT CHOU INTO DE CLUTCH! Hogan won't appear as WWE refuses to adknowledge his existence due to Gawker. It was really amazing how Air bodyslammed Andre the Giant. Shame Triple H buried him in the earlier 00s. Air could have had a wonderful career and may have been the one to end the Undertaker's streak without it coming off as a disappointment..

I hope they include Career mode for us on the last gen but i doubt it. It'll be crapper then the last one. :(

If it's the offical page, I believe it is real. If it's the fan page or a page pretending to be the offical one, i don't believe it. It's rarely covered by the games media apart from a few articles due to well, Wrestling not being popular and WWE more or less being the only game that is released every year.

Good to see Buried Alive is back and hopefully, the minigame is far better. I recall it involving a rather iffy stop at blue area and didn't really feel like they were beaten. Just lost because of a blue button. I want there to be a last gasp mechanic. You know how in some Buried Alive matches, it seems like Undertaker is on the verge of losing or winning then the other one climbs out and gets the win? Something like that. Maybe, it takes into account the state of the other wrestler, staminia and it being an all or nothing move. E.g. You're about to be buried alive but you barely climb out and have a second wind where you have a few moves(Let's say 4) to determine if you can finish off the other one. For example, a few punches and kicks followed by a chokeslam.

Ambulance matches will be interesting to see. Although, it'll probably be a crappy last man standing clone with a drag foe to it gimmick. :-/

Doubt they will change any of the returning matches in terms of gameplay. :-/ Hope that ladder matches allow for more then 2 ladders in the ring. I mean, why not 4? 4 sides, 4 under the ring?

And for the love of 3:16, let us do Edge-Jeff Hardy OMG moment spears. Granted, i can't recall if we can do that or not already.

I do hope they will announce the new and improved Create a finisher. I mean, they overhauled the creation for wrestlers so why not a new finisher thing?

And I hope that they don't pad out the roster with several versions of one wrestler, the wrong gimmick for certain ones that they were known for. I mean, how the FACK do you put da facking IRON SHIEK in the game and not as DA FACKING SHEIK! HE PUT CHOU INTO DE CLUTCH! Hogan won't appear as WWE refuses to adknowledge his existence due to Gawker. It was really amazing how Air bodyslammed Andre the Giant. Shame Triple H buried him in the earlier 00s. Air could have had a wonderful career and may have been the one to end the Undertaker's streak without it coming off as a disappointment..

I hope they include Career mode for us on the last gen but i doubt it. It'll be crapper then the last one. :(
Here's the Link: WWE 2K 17

I think Hogan will be in the game due to WWE is slowing bring back Hogan stuff after his winning. I think he might be a DLC or something. That's my guess. Just like Chyna.

Here's the Creation Modes:

13584717_1745402889068798_7585959808846646580_o.jpg

If the Story Designer is true in the WWE 2K 17. What's your first story would be?

My would be Roman and John Cena turning Heel and Seth Rollins and AJ Styles turns Face.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not this year as they are still keeping distance from HOAK HOGAN but next year, i can see him returning if nothing else happens and if Vince and Hunter's egos allows him to return to the Hall of Fame and all of history reinstated. Otherwise, that match from Wrestlemania 3 where Andre the Giant got bodyslammed by Vacant is going to keep existing.

I think, Scenerio mode will have Goldberg's 173 streak. Granted, it'll be part squash match thus beat X in 90 seconds, part bad(Due to HOAK HOGAN's creative clause BS and well, WCW being WCW and excellent. I mean, It's GOLDBERG! Sure, he had a crap WWE run but he was WCW's biggest star and WWE could do with another star(not lesnar) that is treated as an MMA fighter in terms of entrance and the announcer mentioning that if they should win this match, they will have won X amount of numbers in a row. But sadly, i can see it being Brock Lesnar mode. :( Suplexing people repeatly for most matches will be very dull.

I do hope, it's just a massive diversion and we will see Undertaker's career. I mean, this year is the perfect time to do it due to him being in the WWE for 25 years and seems to have just retired quietly.

Or it's a.....

Roman's Reign mode.

But Create a move is interesting. Unless it's just a renamed CAF. Hope the highlight reel will be linked to entrance movies and have a ton of creative stuff for us to play around with. Shame that both consoles can't allow imported music. :(

Not this year as they are still keeping distance from HOAK HOGAN but next year, i can see him returning if nothing else happens and if Vince and Hunter's egos allows him to return to the Hall of Fame and all of history reinstated. Otherwise, that match from Wrestlemania 3 where Andre the Giant got bodyslammed by Vacant is going to keep existing.

I think, Scenerio mode will have Goldberg's 173 streak. Granted, it'll be part squash match thus beat X in 90 seconds, part bad(Due to HOAK HOGAN's creative clause BS and well, WCW being WCW and excellent. I mean, It's GOLDBERG! Sure, he had a crap WWE run but he was WCW's biggest star and WWE could do with another star(not lesnar) that is treated as an MMA fighter in terms of entrance and the announcer mentioning that if they should win this match, they will have won X amount of numbers in a row. But sadly, i can see it being Brock Lesnar mode. :( Suplexing people repeatly for most matches will be very dull.

I do hope, it's just a massive diversion and we will see Undertaker's career. I mean, this year is the perfect time to do it due to him being in the WWE for 25 years and seems to have just retired quietly.

Or it's a.....

Roman's Reign mode.

But Create a move is interesting. Unless it's just a renamed CAF. Hope the highlight reel will be linked to entrance movies and have a ton of creative stuff for us to play around with. Shame that both consoles can't allow imported music. :(

I agreed with you on it's a shame of not allowing imported Music. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.