Would You Rather....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rather kill myself, honestly.

If anyone had your child and your best friend locked up in a basement that's crawling with poisonus snakes, and tell you that the only way to save them is to only pick one, which would you rather save?

First of all, I don't have a child, and see no possibility of ever having one, so this will all be conjecture.
But aside from that: my best friend is someone I chose myself and who is the dearest to me out of all the creatures there are. A child is someone who just became what he or she is, and whom I may or may not even like personally, because aside from having similar genes we are just two creatures. (Of course it would be favourable if relatives were always compatible by temperament and liked each other, but that's clearly not the case.)
So I would save my best friend, because that's what I think having a person as a best friend means: that I like that person more than any other.

If you somehow got locked inside a museum for a night with no way to alert anyone of your predicament, you would be surrounded by what you consider the greatest pieces of art ever, the museum was not heated and it was life-threateningly cold, would you rather burn some of these pieces to save your life until the museum reopens and you can get out, or would you just freeze instead?

I would burn them, if I can't have them no one else can, and thus save my life for I perish it more than a bunch of object.

Let's say you're in a situation let's say ... zombie apocalypse. There's a very tall building to your left, there's a helicopter there and you can fly it.

To your right there're a truck with a full gas tank, but you can't look inside of it and you have five minutes to decided which to take before a hoard of over a hundred crazy man eaters arrive at the point in which you are.

Which would you rather pick?

The helicopter, with no thought at all. We are positing I can fly it, but we didn't posit I can drive the truck, which I can't.

Woul you rather be photosensitive or cripplingly afraid of the dark?

I am already photosensitive.
So that.

Would you rather be a zombie or kill your zombie best friend?

Be a zombie. If I get to keep my own consciousness, I don't mind decaying, I already do, just slower, it's called life. If I don't, well, then I'd simply be dead, which I've accepted long ago. My friend would be immediately able to tell I'm not being myself and destroy my reanimated body if necessary. On the other hand, my friend would rather live, so if there is a way I can grant that, I will.

Would you rather be literally immortal with no way to die, including, to be fair, eternal youth and regenerative abilities to keep you from becoming a mass of wounds after a while - but in every other way just like you are now -, or stay as you are, knowing you will eventually have to die whether you'd like to or not?

Stay as I am. I would rather face my fate than live forever in eternal suffering.

Aren't we supposed to be asking stupid questions?

I would rather ask a philosophical question than a stupid one. (That's not a "would you rather" question, but I'll treat it as one.)

Would you rather that your country goes to a lengthy, destructive war and wins it, or that it is occupied overnight and with minimal losses of life?

((sorry, I had the wrong thread in mind)) I would rather the long, destructive war, because chaos is funny.

Would you rather become a vampire, with eternal youth and super human strength and senses, but you have to feed at least twice a day, a werewolf that's even stronger and has even more heightened senses but every full moon kills everyone you see, or a zombie that feels no pain, can only be killed by a shot to the head, and has augmented strength and speed, but eats every person you come across?

(That's all right, it happens. :) )
A vampire, but for (lengthy and essay-worthy) spiritual reasons and not practical ones. I would have absolutely no problem killing twice or any number of times a day. Also I wouldn't want to lose the ability to feel pain, and I have more important ways in which to spend full Moons.

Would you rather do something great and important but which you know would be considered someone else's merit, or be the one whose merit everyone considers this great deed to be, except for you who know that someone else is responsible for it?

I rather be the one who did the thing, I am not going to become a rat and take advantage of others as they have done to my mother before.

Would you rather be left abandoned in a camp which is completely in the middle of nowhere, or end up in jail?

The former, by far. The wilderness is home to every beast, and if I'm enough of a beast to deserve it, which I hope, then I can make it my home too. I'm confident I would live a content life, if not necessarily a long one. Then some creature would eat me eventually, which is how things ought to work. Jail, however - I would rather die now than lose my freedom.

Would you rather lose the one person most important to you, or every other non-hateful acquaintance you have?

(I agree, but then, now that I think of it, the loss of all of my other acquaintances would at least mean a sudden decrease in human population, so I'd feel my choice has been useful to Earth.)
Do some other drug. Alcohol, as I see it, is one of the least noble ones.

Say you learn of something which is of supreme importance to your most important goal that a certain enemy of you doesn't learn about. Say that shortly afterwards the enemy corners you and capture is imminent, but you still have a few minutes of freedom left. Would you trust your ability to stay silent in the face of torture, or would you rather kill yourself to make sure?

Kill myself, honestly.

Would you rather give away an enemy camp/station/etc position, knowing that your best friend is in there (and is with the enemy), or not do it and get yourself and comrades killed by the enemy?

(by the way everyone must be looking at us as some sort of the dark corner kind of people and that is a littl funny)

I would give my comrades every piece of infornation I have that would help us win. My best friend and I both know and have accepted the fact that we might possibly end up on opposing sides one day, and will both fight to the last drop of blood for our respective beliefs. My best friend would be honoured to die for them, and so would I, while still not bearing personal enmity towards each other. This is no longer as possible to occur as it once was, but our principle still stands.

Would you rather cause a species other than your own to go extinct or cause a country of your own species to be annihilated?

(Yes, I've thought about that too...)

Difficult question. I like insects, but I think I'll still choose a rat this time. Well, either would do, but I have to make a choice, so, rat.

Would you rather be famous and have bad fanfiction written about your person, or not be famous, not have this problem but be forced to read all of those written about another famous person?

Okay I rather be famous, I'm not forced to read them.

Would you rather die or live with the memory of having killed whom you loved most?

It depends on the circumstances, and whether this person would wish to die at my hands. If so, I'd gladly do it and would even be willing to live for a while afterwards if necessary (and would certainly remember the occasion). Otherwise I'd rather die. But in fact for me the dilemma probably works the other way round than you intended it.

Would you rather be able to influence the weather or to command rats to do your will?

Status
Not open for further replies.