Without Heaven [OOC + Signups]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this still open?

That guy was apparently so popular they had to bring his Rule 63 back for the sequel.
yeah but then she wasn't nearly as awesome, always loosing her head over every little thing

test post, something weird is going on with my account i think

EDIT: Okay so i can still post, that's good news

how is the plot developing?

First day; some fodder assassins tried their hands at gunning down the main man, the Reverend, and the results are as well as you'd expect. Most of the action took place at the central plaza at Tsubaki-maru, where a harvest festival is (I guess) in its early motions. Some PCs are at a bar in (I think) Tsubaki-maru as well (gonna need @SecretsLiesMurder to give word on this), doing their own things for the time being.

I think that's it.

yeah but then she wasn't nearly as awesome, always loosing her head over every little thing

1861iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg

Frankly I can't believe they showed that happening on a kid's channel.

Reactions: Buio
First day; some fodder assassins tried their hands at gunning down the main man, the Reverend, and the results are as well as you'd expect. Most of the action took place at the central plaza at Tsubaki-maru, where a harvest festival is (I guess) in its early motions. Some PCs are at a bar in (I think) Tsubaki-maru as well (gonna need @SecretsLiesMurder to give word on this), doing their own things for the time being.

I think that's it.

1861iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg

I'm cool with that ^^

• Thank You
Reactions: Duwang Chew
Ahhh, I am so sorry, I was going to submit my character for this but a lot of other things came up, and I'm not sure if I can actually start. I probably won't be able to, seeing as I will be able to respond even less during the summer for personal real-life reasons, and yeah...

Welcome to my world sir...depressing isn't it.

How crazy are the abilities in this

Just anime-style swordsmanship, or actual mystical power stuff?

Just martial arts and swordsmanship I believe.

Them magics are for the sequels.

are you really surprised when the first season of that show ended in a murder-suicide?

Last edited:
as far as I can tell, a good analogy for the kind of stuff you;ll see in this rp is what you see in Samurai Champloo. Not exatly realistic human feats, but close enough to realism that you don't notice it's unrealistic until you start paying close enough attention to it. So outright sorcery isn't allowed, but, say, using hypnotism to put people in a trance where they will follow your every order? that's totally cool (even though real hypnotism _technically_ doesn't work like that. it's a small enough suspension of disbelief).

So, as posting has now slowed down from its recent burst, here's an OOC game to keep us occupied.

Without Heaven: Gakuen

Everyone say what terrible highschool character cliche your character would be if this was a highschol RP, GO! (bonus points if you manage to fit in exactly what cliche anime/highschool show trope your character brings up)

Muramasa: The guy everyone thinks is a stoner, acts like a stoner, but is actually just a really weird, misunderstood kid. Despite the creator purposefully having made him to be as unlikeable and off-putting as possible, it somehow backfired and the fangirls absolutely love him.

Sasuke: The nondescriptly athletic black guy going through tough times with his dad and taking his frustration out by being a total asshole and bully at the start of the series. Is inevitably defeated as an early mid-boss and is recruited to the side of justice by the power of friendship (and beatings, friendly beatings. because anime)

• Love
Reactions: Duwang Chew
are you really surprised when the first season of that show ended in a murder-homicide?

Murder-suicide, you mean? That really disappointed me. The way they handled the big bad's character overall disappointed me.

I don't even remember the apparently big fight between him and the Avatar that was supposed to end the season. Though, that could be the point...

Without Heaven: Gakuen

Makoto: The hot-blooded, over the top, comic book-reading & martial arts movie-watching nerd of a new transfer student who arrived weeks prior from overseas. Later in the series it's revealed that he was actually born in Japan, but was raised out of the country, because both his parents had disappeared, which he doesn't really mind. He fights on the side of justice, and is convinced he's the main character, but often just ends up comedic relief. In a climactic moment, he surprises everyone with actually being able to throw decent punches.

the funny thing is, i remember specifically thinking to myself when reading your post to not make that mistake and write out murder-homicide when i meant suicide. then my stupid fingers did it anyways apparently haha. And as far as I'm concerned Amon was still teh best villain Korra's had so far. And I'm kind of glad they didn;t have any 'epic final showdown'.

Amon was too strong, there is now way they could have logically made korra strong enough to stand up to his psychic bloodbending within the span of a season (or rather, a few episodes since it took half a season for us to find out what his powers even were) without it looking like a deus ex machina. Having her surprise him with air bendong (which he would never have learned how to deffend against) and then quickly end the match by exposing him publicly was the only sensible way for them to have korra win that.

Status
Not open for further replies.