Without Heaven [OOC + Signups]

Status
Not open for further replies.
3fd62456f8f7e5fa85b554ab88f7028c.jpg

Name: Matsumoto Kouka
Alias/Titles: (N/A)
Profession: Former "Shogunate Dog"/ Medicine Merchant.

Likes: Fish, Receiving challenges from those who aren't Amateurs, Fair fights, sunsets, various types of food. Plants.

Dislikes: Those with their minds set on one thing, Western Foreigners(At this point in life anyways. Its because they brought guns.), How merciful he usually is, Amateurs.

Bio: Born as the second child of Matsumoto Eiji, a middleclass Shogunate Guard, Kouka felt as if he had no choice but to serve the Shogunate. This was due to the fact that his older brother had set out for a different town instead of following their father's footsteps.

Trained from his youth by a friend of his older brother named Gisaya Heishiro, Kouka learned that being a Samurai was more than being an arrogant slave to the Shogun, it was about protecting the people of Japan. However he found Heishiro's ideology a bit... soul-less and bland. Day in and day out he would study the art of war, breath it, perfect it. He would become the best that he could and far surpass his father. Kouka married at age 23 and while he did Serve the Shogun, rather quickly climbing through the ranks at the time, quite possibly becoming one of the best Samurai of the capital, he decided to take his leave due to boredom and temporarily ventured as a bodyguard with a foreign trade group in india. There he found a nameless child whose parents were murdered by a, would be, gang of bandits. He took this boy under his wing and trained him in Heishiro's art. After the group returned to Japan, Kouka planned to live as a gardener in Edo with his wife, daughter, and newly adopted son but was inevitably forced to leave a few months after finally returning due to how most of his former colleagues there treated him. He started traveling from place to place working as a medicine merchant (Promptly kicking the shit out of whoever decided that they wanted to try to steal) waiting to meet his family again to end up in Ritenkyo. He's occasionally seen as a bit threatening due to his amount of bodily scars and unkempt facial hair, but he's not one to hurt an innocent civilian... without a reason.

"The amount bloodshed is high, and it is here where I earn the most."

Weapon(s): "Shin'ichi" a 70.6cm Katana Kouka named after his older brother. It's a tiny bit thicker than a few of the others he's had, the guard is coloured bronze and the braid used a red dye dipped fabric though it's finally beginning to fade. There are also a few chips on the side...

Fighting Style: "Gisaya's style" a style in mid-stance named after the man that made him what he is. he typically slashes diagonally, which tends to catch his challengers off guard, and he's rather nimble on his feet enabling him to be able to dodge a bullet, if even barely. Should he get enough leverage, one swipe alone is enough to break through an opponent's guard.

-------------

cd487b30cb1ddce01a528b831a7aa8cf.jpg
minus the bandage, now atleast.

Name: Honda Gendo
Alias/Titles: Settling Third Sun
Profession: Lieutenant Magistrate of Ritenkyo.

Likes: Sake, shogi, rivers... Oddly, the smell of blood... Not much besides that...
Dislikes: Having his pride hurt, octopus, old men (at this point, because of the Yakuza.) being proven wrong, being bored.

Bio: Born and raised in Ritenkyo as the third son of a yakuza support branch, Gendo really only had two choices, to live as a criminal or to live as a Magistrate worker under the Blades of Dominion. During his earlier life he actually did take his father's place as a supplier but quickly quit when his older sister was killed over the supply. He later joined the Local Magistrate, as he felt that would override his otherwise criminal deeds. Over the the years he's become fairly skilled, and fairly cocky in return, as he's seen himself rise higher than past rivals of his. He's not corrupted however, and while he does enjoy a good fight, he will not go out of his way to start one unless angered.

Weapon(s): Two Katana
1. "Heaven of past": 72 cm Katana inscribed with the name "Amanohara". The braid is made of a fabric dipped in green dye.

2. "Forbidden" 68.9 cm Katana jagged from its many uses from when Gendo was with the Yakuza. He refuses to use it now, and keeps it around as a reminder of the path not to follow. The braid is made of a fabric dipped in blue dye, it is however dulled due to its age.

Fighting Style: High stance.

Whew. Tell me if there's anything I oughta toss in or changify...
Firstly, why did Kouka end up in ritenkyo? It's a prison island so I doubt he would (or could) have just moved there for the fun of it, let alone bring his family there.

secondly, ritenkyo has only been a prison island for about 7 years, and the 3 blades only established control about 5 years ago. If Gendo was born and raised on ritenkyo, he woudl have been born to the largely non-criminal locals who were just kind of forgotten by the japanese government until Ritenkyo was declared a prison island. Also, since a magistrate is an officer of the state tasked with upholding state law, it wouldn't make sense for him to be one. For now the three blades haven't actually created a fully functioning government or declared independence from japan (they're more a coalition of three strong, charismatic men with common interests but separate goals). I guess the closest equivalent to that though would be working as a secretary for Muramasa's workshop (since muramasa is the one who pretty much takes care of the group's logistics). Or he could be working under Kirose, since his group is the closest thing to centralized law enforcement the island has.

Last edited:
If y'all put half the effort into your posts that you put into the OOC, we'd have a hell of a RP.
i agree, unfortunately for me it actually takes more effort to NOT go on huge tangents when discussing philosophy than otherwise haha

i agree, unfortunately for me it actually takes more effort to NOT go on huge tangents when discussing philosophy than otherwise haha
Me too, which is why I'm staying out of it. I just don't have the time to engage. Wish I could, though, y'all are actually quite intelligent and making excellent points.

Alright, edited.
Completely scrapped Gendo's story.
It'll probably fit now. ^^

Gendo's history is an improvement, but i think mention of which blade he personally shows loyalty to which he works under (doesn't necessarily have to be the same one) and why would be a good addition to round him out.

sweet. With this i don't think there should be any reason for Holo to reject either character ^_^.

• Thank You
Reactions: Ser K+
As much as it pains me to say it, I simply can't measure up to this discussion either, my friend. I hardly have the time to spare on here as it is, and I still have other threads to tend to. I simply never expected you'd be so invested... Forgive me, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull out. Then again, it's not so much a discussion as it is me sitting around while you shoot at me with science out of a chain gun.

With that said, however... When you said you liked to look up everything, you really meant it... Simply amazing! If you'd been a teacher of mine, you would have been one of the best yet. Kudos to you, Buio-sensei! I mean this sincerely. While, indeed, your first impressions on me were of a sharp person, you've all but blown me out of the water. And I suspect I'll just be ashamed to continue further, haha!

...Plus, imagining chimpanzee prostitution will not do well for my sleep...

• Thank You
Reactions: Buio
hahaha, well don't sell yourself short my friend. I can only give a good answer if I am posed a good question or faced with a good opinion to rebuke. It's not like you were totally lacking in logic or anything and I also genuinely enjoyed the conversation as you made several totally valid points (If i somehow failed to get that across I apologize, i have a deep love for playing devil's advocate, especially when i feel interesting discussion may come of it).

and if it helps, it was specifically the monkeys who engaged in prostitution (if tails do anything for you).

one last evolutionary fun-fact. Theorists believe that a woman's moans during sex are a remnant of what used to be a mating call. yep, a mating call made during the act of already mating. Basically, most other primate species aren't monogamous by the least, but interestingly there's one particular breed of monkey that is. And, that particular breed of monkey have a ridiculously high rate of infanticide, as dominant males will kill the offspring of a female they took for themselves. In other monkey tribes though the infanticide is decidedly lower. The theory runs that with all the male monkeys having had sex with all the females, no one knew who was really who's kid, so you couldn't really kill off your rival's offspring without risking the chance that you were actually killing your own. So primate females being loud during intercourse was basically an open invitation to other males in the tribe letting her know her legs were 'open for busines', so that if any of then actually managed to knock her up the future kid would be safe.

This theory, by the way, fits in perfectly with the fact that the human male glans is shaped in such a way to scrape out the semen of other males left in the vagina. An evolutionary feature that would have no value if our great-to-the-umpteenth-power grandmothers were not regularly getting gang banged in their college years.

ahh, how little the species really changes, huh? hahahahaha

==============*
The more you know

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Duwang Chew
You certainly do love playing devil's advocate - now, I won't get the image of shagging primates of my mind (the tail only made it worse).

Oh god stop it with the monkey calls.

• Love
*chuckles like the evil pseudo-scientist he is*

ssoooooooo....

what's everybody up to.

holo sure has been gone for a spell.

I agree.

But i suppose worst case scenario if this did die it woudl free up my schedule to possibly launch my own samurai rp, inspired by this picture

.... *seethes quietly*

because SAO is to shonen anime what twilight is to vampire fiction and there is nothing that could be done in a sao rp that couldn't be done better in a .hack rp.

but that's personal opinion.

but yeah, no, lately i have just been super enamoured with the idea of a kill la kill style ronin red riding hood and what kind of adventures she could have, and what other edo-style versions of fairy tale characters she could meet, and i could see the concept be adapted to a fairly interesting roleplay. I just never put any effort into making it since I'm already getting my samurai fill with this (and also because I'm lazy but let's not talk about that)

• Love
Reactions: Duwang Chew
Still trying to balance this site with college work and a dying social life, haha!

but yeah, no, lately i have just been super enamoured with the idea of a kill la kill style ronin red riding hood and what kind of adventures she could have, and what other edo-style versions of fairy tale characters she could meet, and i could see the concept be adapted to a fairly interesting roleplay. I just never put any effort into making it since I'm already getting my samurai fill with this (and also because I'm lazy but let's not talk about that)

Then you'd need a dashing sensei-style figure with alternate egos and whom likes to slowly undress himself. Oh, and shining nipples.

hahaha, I guess that could be jack frost? it would explain the shine at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.