>> Winterblitz High School for the Supernatural <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
{Whoo! Thanks :)}

The dark haired boy narrowed his eyes slightly when Min-ho bumped into him. Not even an apology. How rude. And he was even more surprised when he saw Min-ho stop at dorm two. Great. This was his room mate?

He hadn't even wanted to come here, but after he had snapped a couple of months ago his school thought it was best to send him here. Which was why he had turned up on the second day, and not first. He didn't usually snap, but that kid had been pestering and annoying him so much that he had shifted and almost ripped his throat out. He really got to me that time, the boy thought.

He pushed open the door. When it sort of rebounded back, he raised an eyebrow and poked his head through the gap. When he saw his room mate on the floor, seemingly looking under the furniture, he sighed. "Lose something?"

Min-ho was so engrossed in trying to reach under the desk that when the door opened and rebounded off his butt, it startled him quite a bit. He was jolted back into the present and looked up and over his shoulder when a voice asked if he'd lost something. The demon blinked his dark eyes once. Wasn't that the gloomy kid from the hallway?
"Can't seem to find any of my pens." Min-ho replied, standing up as he talked. "And right at the beginning of school too."
He glanced away from his roommate for a few moments, his mind searching for words to say. The demon was still so damn groggy and he hadn't had a chance to make any tea to help wake himself up. He was sure it showed, at least in some sort of subtle bags under his eyes. Well, there was no point in worrying over it now.

"I'm Min-ho Suhn." He said when he looked back at the dark haired kid that was to be his roommate. "Are you...assigned to this room too?"
Min-ho's question was interrupted by a half yawn that managed to sneak in while he was speaking.

If he didn't get control of his powers soon, he'd never get any rest.

(( You're welcome! ))

"Well, I suppose it's lucky that I brought spares," the boy said. He watched him curiously, wondering what problems he'd have to deal with. Every room mate of his had a problem, and he suspected that this one was no different.

"I'm Liam," he said, not giving out a last name. "Yeah. Dorm two." He seemed to say that with a frustrated sigh, but it was hard to tell. He walked into the room, and had a look around. He didn't say anything to Min-ho's yawn, assuming he was tired and probably just needed a good nights rest.

{Sorry my posts are short :(}

Min-ho smirked when Liam mentioned that he had brought spare pens. He'd be able to get by with borrowing one for a day or two. Hopefully by then, the demon's own stash of writing instruments would show themselves. He took note of the frustration in Liam's tone of voice, the sound briefly convincing him that the kid had already heard about his alarming wake-up. Min-ho hoped that wasn't the case, but with this school it was practically impossible to keep secrets.
"So, are you a senior then?" Min-ho asked Liam as he moved to sit on his bed.
His side of the room had a small poster depicting Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtel with captions in Korean, but other than that it was pretty average. The demon had never been one to overly decorate his living space. Half the time, it would get drawn on. However, the Pokemon poster was worth it.

(( It's okay. :)
As for the "alarming wake up," refer to my intro post on page 7. ))

{I read about that xD}

Liam went to sit down on the bed, thinking. He actually hadn't heard about the "alarming wake up" and was simply hoping to have a dorm to himself.

He almost missed his question, lost in his own thoughts. "Yeah," was all he said. He put his bag onto the floor, then glanced at the poster. He raised an eyebrow. He knew it was Korean, but it was the fact that it was pokemon that made him interested. He then looked away from the poster, and to Min-ho. "You don't snore, do you?"

Min-ho found himself relieved that this new roommate was also a senior. The roommate he'd had last year was a sophomore who was far too uptight and took his...nocturnal habits personally. The demon had tried to explain to the kid that trying to block a sleepwalking person could have hazardous consequences, but he hadn't listened. Therefore, Min-ho had considered it to be the kid's fault that he'd gotten shoved aside. Apparently, there were times when his sleepwalking was so urgent that he'd do anything to get somewhere. He contemplated whether or not he should tell Liam about this little fact, and with little deliberation he chose that it was wisest to. After all, if his roommate was concerned about a little snoring, than a little idle wandering just might set him over the edge.
"No, I don't snore, but sometimes I wish I did." Min-ho said with a smile.
He looked away for a few brief moments before turning his attention back to Liam.
"I have this um...sleepwalking thing." The demon said, somewhat bashful about the subject. "So, if you hear me get up in the middle of the night or whatever, just don't try to move me or anything. Apparently I don't react too nicely to it. It would probably also be good not to try to wake me up, if you can help it."
Now that he had given his roommie the rundown on how his weird ass worked, he was sure that things would return to their usual state of awkward. Min-ho had never done too well with a roommate because of his condition.

As long as he didn't snore, Liam was fine with just about anything. Snoring brought back bad memories. "Well that's good," Liam said in response to his snoring comment. However, his interest perked on the sleep walking part.

"Well that's interesting," Liam said. He was more curious now. "Never had a room mate who slept walked. Any reason why you do it?" Liam wondered whether he would answer or not. Probably not. If it was anything like his past, then definitely not.

"I suppose, as long as you don't disturb me while I sleep then I'm fine with it." He snorted at the thought of Min-ho's last room mate. That probably would of been slightly amusing. "If you do, just be warned that I might knock you across the room." He didn't give a reason for it, but would if he asked.

Min-ho was surprised when Liam showed a mild curiosity about his sleepwalking disorder. Most people just looked at him like it was a phase he should have grown out of by the age of 8. The demon thought for a few moments on Liam's question about why he did it, trying to figure out the best way to describe it to a non-sleepwalker.
"Well, I guess it's because my mind's restless but my body's too tired to keep up." Min-ho answered after a few moments. "The fates whisper to me and ask me to pass on messages. The only problem, is they talk while I'm asleep."
He looked back up at Liam when he spoke, stating that he could be knocked across the room if he woke him up. That wouldn't be too surprising. From what the demon had seen, a lot of other guys were kinda jumpy when suddenly woken up.
"I don't usually touch people when I sleepwalk." He said with a soft chuckle. "I just end up writing random shit in Korean on the walls, mirrors, floors. Well, any flat surface really."
Min-ho had yet to write anything that was an accurate prediction, or anything of significant importance. He had outed himself on one of the mirrors in the boy's bathroom a year ago, and unfortunately there had been a student who had been able to translate it. That was a rough semester, especially with the close-mindedness of his former roommate.

"Huh." Liam thought about his answer. His room mate was definitely going to be interesting. "Can you hear what they say? Or do you just write it out?" He probably should stop asking questions now, in case he hit something personal. But he couldn't help it.

Liam smiled at his comment about touching people when they were asleep. "I guess we're good then," he said. Then he chuckled at Min-ho's next comment. "Well, I don't understand Korean so... Lucky you?" He phrased it as a question, because he wasn't sure whether it was good or not.

Liam lay back on the bed, staring up at the ceiling as he thought about the coming school days. "Why are you here?" He asked randomly, wondering if they had any similarities.

Min-ho shrugged when Liam asked if he could hear what the fates said to him or not. He honestly really wasn't sure because, like most sleepwalkers, he couldn't remember what was going on while he was sleeping. It would be nice to know exactly what happened when he was wandering around at night, but the chances of that were pretty slim. The demon wasn't about to ask someone to follow him around in the middle of the night.
"Hell if I know." He replied before turning his attention to Liam's comment about not understanding Korean. "Pretty lucky, until secrets come out."
Min-ho really didn't want to elaborate on the secret thing, so he simply left it at and let Liam speak. Why was he at Winterlitz? It was pretty simple really.

"I need to get a handle on my powers." He said. "That, and figure out a way to keep from going too far while I'm sleepwalking. My mom still won't let me live down the time I walked from Seoul to Incheon."

(( I'm gonna back off on posting a bit for today, see if some of the others won't jump in. :) ))

{I guess I'll post this one and wait :)}

Because Liam was staring up at the ceiling, he missed his shrug and was curious as to why he didn't answer for a bit. When Min-ho answered, he simply said "Huh." He sat up at his next comment, however. "What do you mean, secrets?"

When Min-ho answered the other question, Liam felt a little silly for asking it. Why were they all at Winterblitz, anyway? They were all probably here to get control over their powers. Then his eyes widened in shock. "You walked to another city in your sleep?" Well that was a first. He'd never heard of something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.