When Worlds Collide (Blooming Bismuth x potassiumboron)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I don't trust some random merman qho struts in here claiming to know everything about our kind. You know his mother, right, Arrosa? He's barely been raised as a part of our kind..."

"I'm with Willow on this, you know. I mean, I trust Mori, at least. He's a good boy..."

Smiling smugly, the woman folded a leg across her other to support the twin she had been cuddling close. Her smugness wasn't to say she was entirely and completely happy - Pearl had always been dependent on the two of them, and to actually now witness her spreading her wings a tad, and venturing out into a potential crush and boyfriend was somewhat upsetting, but nonetheless vital.

She wanted Pearl to have a friend, and she couldn't really want anyone other than Mori, who had the benefit of not only being this handsome, benevolent figure, but was a merman, and not human. That was a chief positive in her eyes.

"If Arrosa supports him, then we ought to too," she smiled, gesturing the pixie to hand over the other child, not wanting the twins to be separated all that long. "What are your thoughts on the human? Alessandro? I don't want to remain here if he's some asshole."​

"I think he's pretty cute..." He admitted, as he handed over the pup before pressing his knees to shrink his already small size down. "I mean, he doesn't even compare... B-But I got to move on, right? And I really like him, I think. Maybe I don't. Maybe I'm just lonely... Willow, you're lucky you found your mate and stuff."

"Yes, well, I don't think I'd ever be able to live without Willow." Cooed Victus, the topic being one of the very few things that took his mind off stress. Offering her a quick peck on the cheek, the rather burly man simply sighed and rested his head on his mate- or, in his eyes, practical wife-'s lap.

"I don't think it's usually wise to date a human-- but he knows what you are, so... theoretically, you could give it a shot. I don't think that centaur you like is going to come back, so why don't you give it a shot with the human?" She suggested uncharacteristically - given everything that had happened as a result of the humans, and the hatred she had harboured for years, it wouldn't necessarily be a surprise if she warned him away from Alessandro.

But in truth, she could somewhat see the benevolence in the human, however shrouded it came across, and he was cute, and she only wanted Arrosa happy... and waiting around for a centaur who wouldn't come back was useless.

"I mean, Alessandro doesn't seem fussed, but I hated Victus when we were young. I legitimately detested him, so feelings grow, hm~?"​

"Hate is a strong word, Willow. We had some bitter disagreements." Huffed the wolf, before moving to wander towards the kitchen, his stomach growl. "I mean, it wasn't even that much of a disagreement! I knew I loved you the moment I saw you, sweetheart. I mean that- maybe the feeling wasn't mutual. I love you now, and always will~" He cooed, before peering around in disgust at the interior.

"Oh, come on. You two weren't forced together, were you? I know some wolves are, yes? So you naturally wouldn't have the best relationship initially."

"Look, what does the past matter? I was talking about you and Alessandro-- i obviously want to see you happy, Arrosa. It's been ages since I saw you giddy around some dashing man," she grinned, decidedly growing bashful after the talk of her relationship, so seized and grasped any opportunity to move the conversation back to her friend. "Regardless of the... dislike I have of humans, he seems kind enough. He's letting us stay here. after all."​

"Yes, well... He might be kind to us, but he likes Mori right? A-And besides, how could he ever like me? He probably sees me as a freak, or something. Not someone to have feelings for. Let's be honest, there's only been one person to ever have feelings for me in the last two centuries. I highly doubt he gets giddy and whatnot around me." He murmured, before going as far as to shyly hide his face with his knees.

"Mori likes Pearl, though, I'm relatively sure," she grinned, not entirely accustomed to such things as love rivalries -she had only ever loved Victus, and vice versa presumably-, so over-simplification was understandable. "Just ask the man? I'm sure he'd love to go on a date with you~! And I imagine dates in the human town are far nicer than you imagine?"​

Reactions: saturnia pavonia
"He thinks we're strange, Willow! I-Isn't that obvious? He's probably just letting us stay because he's nice. I bet if I asked him, he'd immediately drop us, and I don't want your pups to be forced into the cold." He insisted, though the idea did resonate with him. "... If I did-hypothetically- ask, and he said yes, what would I even do? I mean, humans are so complicated a-and I'm out of the loop..."

"He knows you're not human, and he knows you aren't used to human things. I'm sure he'd be understandable about the whole thing. Regardless of his bitterness towards Victus and I, he seems accommodating and kind enough to you," she yawned, her signature obliviousness kicking in - in her eyes, the whole thing was simple, and Arrosa was overcomplicating it. "Just ask him, hm? If he says yes, you have a date. If he says no, you can still be his friend. It's a win-win."​

Letting out a childish huff, the pixie snatched the blanket from the couch to practically swaddle himself in it- anything to hide his growing frustration was a good idea. He wanted to seem under control in most situations, after all. And, because of that need, he offered a soft sigh and peaked an eye from the blanket. "I'll talk to him, okay? Despite the fact that I know he has no feelings for me except maybe hatred."

"Good! And if it all goes terribly wrong, you can blame me." Willow reassured, her confidence prevalent to the point of willing to receive some backlash if it did go wrong. Not that she really saw how it could - from her observations of the human, he seemed far too polite to let Arrosa down harshly. And besides, he may like the pixie but was equally as reserved about approaching the subject, so someone had to get the wheels into motion.

"I still think you... oughtn't push him." Pearl murmured from the corner quietly - she was never afraid to speak against her mother, but her shyness did come from both the merman being present, and being in human form around Arrosa. Both combined easily made her anxious. "...Y-You do what you want, don't let my Mom boss you about..."​

"No, no, he's right..." He murmured while shyly emerging from the blankets with a frown. "I mean, I might as well ask? At least I'd have asked, right? I just... Look, this is so stupid. I won't bring it up if it doesn't need to be."

"...I just think you ought to try, hm?" Willow cooed quietly, her eyes easily lit in hopes of some great romance occurring as a result of her advice. Sure, she wasn't the fondest of humans, and the last thing she wanted was anyone harming Arrosa. Though, Alessandro seemed like an affable person, and someone who could be trusted, so she was willing, just to see the pixie happy, to relieve herself of her usual hatred unless given a reason to provoke it again. "Now, until you're gonna pop the question about dating him, I'd quite like to relax until then, maybe take a bath in an actual bath, rather than some river. I know what a bath is, and it sounds heavenly from what I imagine it to be. Hot water itself sounds amazing... Would it be alright to leave the twins with you, while Victus and I try it out?"​

"Of course." He murmured, holding both the puppies in his arms carefully as he watched Willow get to her feet. "But, be careful okay? I don't want you two getting hurt by whatever is in there. Call for me if you need me, and I'll do the same for you okay? I just hope Alessandro comes home soon..."

"Alessandro is working, isn't he? At that café place?" Willow shrugged, outstretching her arms after handing over the twins. Especially after the smaller twin's health worries, she wouldn't ever leave them to focus on herself... though she completely and utterly instilled her trust in the pixie. She would easily trust him with her own life, and especially with her own children. "Make sure they're warm, alright? And if Alessandro comes, don't let him touch them if he's cold. I don't want them getting sick..."​

"I won't." He reassured quietly, before waving her and Victus off. "Go on. I mean that, you two need something relaxing. I mean, you just gave birth! I'm sure your muscles must be killing you." He cooed, before offering a smile as he wrapped both himself and the twins in a blanket. "Maybe I'll try to cook something? I don't know how human fires work..."

"I can help you out?" Mori offered politely, watching the couple head off (happy to at least see Victus distracted enough t not give him glares), and after sharing a smile with an equally delighted Pearl, the merman stood to take a peek at the cubs curiously. "You ought to stay holding them, I'll make food. It's sort of all I do at the cafe, Alessandro is an appalling cook..."​

"Is he really? I mean... I'm not the best either." Admitted the pixie, as he carefully nestled the twins in the blankets tighter. "I really only know how to make stews and soups, but that's... That's enough, yeah? Jeez, aha... Seriously, though! I'd love to learn, you'd teach me right? I'm sure you'd be good at fishing...?"

"I... I'm alright, for obvious reasons. Mom taught me a lot after Dad got killed," he admitted openly, plopping himself down besides his old friend and continually took a peek at the newborns, positively transfixed. He, after all, had been joyous whenever a baby had been born in their little group decades ago, and had always been the first to offer babysitting duties (despite being a child himself at the time), and his adoration and sensitivity hadn't exactly faded. "They're pretty adorable, aren't they? Mom probably would have loved more kids, but obviously she didn't want 'em after Dad, so... that's pretty sad, I guess."​

Status
Not open for further replies.