When Worlds Collide (Blooming Bismuth x potassiumboron)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It's not even for me, to be honest." He admitted, rubbing his neck. "I mean, it is , but I don't think my mate can handle losing another child. We've lost so many things, another child will probably make her lose it. So... Y-Yeah. Ah... Anyway."

"What do you mean by that?" Pearl quietly, but sternly interrogated, glancing upwards at her father with a concerned but equally determined look crossing her face. Just because she had been at her parents' side for years on end, apparently she didn't know everything that went on between them, if she gauged just what her father meant by the comment. "You mean, Mom's lost kids before? I... didn't know, why didn't you tell me?! I-I'm not invisible."​

"Listen, Pearl. Our kind almost always has multiple pups per birth. Let's just put it at that, alright?" He warned, rubbing his beard as a nervous habit. Clearing his throat, he offered his daughter a smile nonetheless. "We're happy to at least have saved you, though."

"That's awful-- you definitely should have told me, if you... respected the fact I'm not a child, Dad. I-I'm pretty old," she mumbled, realising that it was completely understandable that they hadn't told her, because it wasn't a nice situation, losing children, but surely they had to acknowledge the fact she wasn't just some child? "...A-Anyway, I'm alive, and the twins are going to be fine, I promise, s-so... I have some siblings for once, a-aha..."​

"Look, it wasn't that we hadn't thought about telling you. We thought we should wait, til you were an adult, and it just... never came up again. It's common, in our kind, to lose a child. Granted, that doesn't make it any less painful."

"...Whatever," she mumbled, refusing to really pay her father any real attention - she understand his reasoning, of course, but that didn't mean it didn't upset her. She had lost siblings, and only now was realising it? How did he expect her to feel?!

Silently huffing once inside the apartment again, slumped on the couch, she only let the frown break once spotting her mother and her brothers, at least glad to see that she didn't seem too distressed, therefore meaning in their absence nothing disastrous had occurred.

"...Hey Arrosa," Mori smiled quietly once entering, shyly raising a hand for a wave to his friend, however intimidating the situation was now he had set eyes upon the twins. "..."​

"Alessandro didn't come too?" Pipped the pixie, though kept his voice low as he held the healthier of the twins. "Hm... It doesn't matter, as long as you can help. Do you have any knowledge of medicine? And what do you need?"

"I... Alessandro hasn't got any experience, and I don't see who else you could go to, so... even though I know the basics, I think I'm the best bet, I... don't want to toot my own horn or whatever, but... but I understand inhuman creatures far more than Alessandro," he smiled quietly, slightly annoyed -very slightly- that the immediate reaction from the pixie, someone he regarded as a close friend, was to look for the human.

Though he easily let go of the minimal anger to take a seat on the couch besides Willow, who rather than her usual coldness to strangers, offered a smile. "We're grateful, honestly-- he's just very small and--"

"Could you fetch some hot towels? He looks like he needs warming up, or something," the merman began quietly, bringing in everything he knew -it wasn't that much, but probably a little more than anyone else currently.​

Both Victus and Arrosa looked at one another, equally as puzzled. It was Arrosa, though, who was the first to admit that he had absolutely no clue what a "towel' was.

"Are... Ah, are those the weird blanket sort of things in the other room? Um... Sorry, Mori, I'm still sort of trying to understand useless things like that when it comes to humans. It's harder than you think, ah..."

"Oh, yeah, I forgot, uh-- Alessandro would have come in handy, actually," he chuckled to himself, realising that he was the only one really acquainted with things associated with humans, having practically been raised as one since being about seven or eight. "I'll go do it, okay? Just keep the cub close, don't put him down~"

"...You need to trust him." Pearl murmured once the merman left, happy to let a blush show - she figured nobody would pay it attention given the more serious matters at hand. "He seems like he really wants to help."​

"I know that, Pearl." Scolded the pixie, while carefully readjusting himself. "I know. I knew his mother long before you were even a concept, so don't act as if I am being harsh. You have no right..."

"I do have a right! You're being mean..." She attempted, albeit far more weakly as she tugged her knees to her chest, and rested her head on them in an attempt to hide the growing blush, and to try and make it less obvious that her defence of the man she had just met did arise from the growing crush she was developing on him, even if that was hard to hide from her mother, who, rather than become protective, simply smiled it off.. It didn't bear focusing on at the moment, but when there was time, Willow did realise that not only was her daughter an adult, but that Mori, despite only knowing him for a minute or so, was good-hearted and benevolent. And extremely good looking.

"Here, these are towels, for future reference," the merman beamed, setting the warm bundle of towels down and gently handing one across to Arrosa. "Wrap the cub in that, he's freezing, poor thing..."​

Offering a . Quiet thank you to the merman, he swaddled the baby carefully before holding him close to his.cheat, even going as far as to carefully peck his soft head.

Over the years, despite never seeing their human forms, he always saw the wolves as his family. They stuck by him, and vice versa, that's all he ever wanted. So, when seeing the children, he had an immediate bond, seeing the twins as nephews

"He looks a little better already," Willow murmured, coddling the elder of the twins, though, obviously given his abundance of health and strength, did focus more on peering at the weaker one in her friend's arms. "He seems to be a little more lively, now, which is g-good! Perhaps... Perhaps he's just on the weak side, naturally, Victus?"

"I think his heart is a little weak." Mori began with his diagnosis, having pressed a ear to the little pup's chest and compared it with his healthy brother. "But... I'm pretty sure he's not going to keel over and die-- just make sure he's not going to run about and put stress on his heart and you should be okay? It'll be easier when he can switch forms-- you can take him to the hospital if anything is wrong then."​

"... And what if he never gets better?" Offered Victus, who was nervously pacing with his nails pressed to his mouth. "What if he can never switch? Mori, right? W-What... I don't want to be the negative nelly but..."

"He'll be fine, he's just a little on the weak side, right? I'm sure he'll be able to switch forms when he's a little bigger," Willow declared confidently, refusing to even acknowledge the potentials that their son may not improve, but deteriorate. It wasn't something she wanted to even consider, hence her decision to try and keep positive, even if it also appeared naive of her too. "I mean... P-Pearl wasn't the biggest, or the strongest when she was born, and she survived, so... don't worry so much, Vic."​

"Someone's got to." He replied, before reluctantly taking a seat on the floor to at least cease his pacing. "We'll see, right? B-Because... I'm sorry that I'm worried, okay? I just don't want a repeat of all those years ago. I couldn't handle it."

Physically flinching at the memory, she offered a quiet smile in desperation to at least forget it momentarily. She was hardly ever going to forget something like losing a child, but it was hardly great to dwell on it when they had children who now had survived, and seemingly, if all went well, would do so without another hitch.

Granted, she expected that the weaker of the twins would have problems most his life... but she would deal with whatever he faced easily, knowing the alternative was that he would have died.

"It'll be alright," she smiled reassuringly, watching Mori wander out to dutifully make some tea and coffee, and Pearl wandering after him to lend her assistance. "...That Mori is very nice-- I do hope you didn't treat him badly, Victus. Pearl seems quite taken with him~"​

"I didn't treat him badly." He huffed, before scooting closer to his wife to press his head under her arm with a frown. "I don't think he's a bad kid. I just... I dont have a good vibe of him with Pearl, I suppose."

"Oh, quit being so protective over her! Mori seems lovely, and he's a gentleman," she gushed quietly, absently grinning in delight at the sound of laughter and giggles from the kitchen.

If Pearl was happy around him, and the merman had just helped the family with their twins, then how could Willow possibly decide to dislike him?​

Status
Not open for further replies.