What's the worst movie ever made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but I absolutely hated 'That's My Boy'.

Now, this is an Adam Sandler movie. So going in, I was prepared for what I thought was the worst. I thought, maybe this movie will just allow for me to switch my brain off for a while, maybe slip into a nice cliché movie coma.

This surpassed what I thought the worst could possibly be. First off, the plot. A student bangs his teacher at age, like, fourteen. That's already messed up. The teacher falls pregnant, the student becomes a disturbing pop sensation. The teacher obviously gets sent to prison because, y'know, she did a messed up thing. The court orders that when she gives birth, the child has to be cared for by Adam Sandler.

Years later, everyone has forgotten about it, Sandler is grown up and face meltingly annoying, as well as having been estranged from his son. Blah blah blah, he needs money and stuff and his son is getting married and blah blah family bonding and gross out jokes.

I blanked at least an hour of the film. I watched the first twenty minutes and I have absolutely no recollection of what happened. I know how it started and I know how it ended. The middle is a hazy and frightening blur. By the end of it, I had no idea what it was to be happy. This comedy had made me angry and bitter - I recognize now that a part of my soul actually died that day.

In summary: Adam Sandler needs to be stopped, I have lost a fragment of my soul and God has possibly forsaken us.

• Love
Reactions: Snakey
Well I wasted three dolllars renting this movie.

VICE starring Bruce Willis and Ambyr Childers. Seriously. That movie fucking sucked. It didn't even qualify as "so bad it's good" that's how bad it was.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but I absolutely hated 'That's My Boy'.

Now, this is an Adam Sandler movie. So going in, I was prepared for what I thought was the worst. I thought, maybe this movie will just allow for me to switch my brain off for a while, maybe slip into a nice cliché movie coma.

This surpassed what I thought the worst could possibly be. First off, the plot. A student bangs his teacher at age, like, fourteen. That's already messed up. The teacher falls pregnant, the student becomes a disturbing pop sensation. The teacher obviously gets sent to prison because, y'know, she did a messed up thing. The court orders that when she gives birth, the child has to be cared for by Adam Sandler.

Years later, everyone has forgotten about it, Sandler is grown up and face meltingly annoying, as well as having been estranged from his son. Blah blah blah, he needs money and stuff and his son is getting married and blah blah family bonding and gross out jokes.

I blanked at least an hour of the film. I watched the first twenty minutes and I have absolutely no recollection of what happened. I know how it started and I know how it ended. The middle is a hazy and frightening blur. By the end of it, I had no idea what it was to be happy. This comedy had made me angry and bitter - I recognize now that a part of my soul actually died that day.

In summary: Adam Sandler needs to be stopped, I have lost a fragment of my soul and God has possibly forsaken us.
Everything, yes. Just terrible.

dadas_1418561564_311697.jpg

Watch it, then try to tell me I'm wrong.

I'm sad I ever wasted any time watching that movie. I still don't understand why anyone likes it, much less attempts to use the argument "so bad it's good." Just no... god damned no...

I'm sad I ever wasted any time watching that movie. I still don't understand why anyone likes it, much less attempts to use the argument "so bad it's good." Just no... god damned no...
It's a coping mechanism. They say it's "so bad it's good" as a way of convincing themselves that they didn't just waste precious hours of their lives.

It's a coping mechanism. They say it's "so bad it's good" as a way of convincing themselves that they didn't just waste precious hours of their lives.
True. Problem is... I said that about The Evil Dead and The Evil Dead 2... :no:

(and I love those movies)

didnt they play this during cartoon network's April Fools Day....

...only for it to cut off and reveal that Toonami had returned for one entire day? with full line up of 24 hours of anime?

because if so, then this was a great movie

The Room is not so bad it's good, that's for damn sure.

It's so bad that it's hilariously awful though. Watching it with other people and mocking the shit out of it the whole time greatly enhances the experienced. First time I watched it was with @Elendra and someone else from another forum via Tinychat with the Youtube video sharing thing it has. It was a glorious experience.

It's so bad that it's hilariously awful though. Watching it with other people and mocking the shit out of it the whole time greatly enhances the experienced. First time I watched it was with @Elendra and someone else from another forum via Tinychat with the Youtube video sharing thing it has. It was a glorious experience.
It's the MST3K effect!

Watch bad but not boring thing with friends, and ridicule the hell out of it. It'll be just as entertaining as watching a good thing.

Remember kids, a boring movie is worse than a bad movie.

This I can agree with.

As for a different genre - I thought Insidious was terrible. I'm not sure what kind of budget it was made on, but I found it just horrendous. I had been told good things about it (the lying bastards) and decided to watch it.

The film is something about a child who can communicate with the Other Side and astral project when he is sleeping. He slips into a coma when he gets stuck in the Other Side or something of the like. Demons and shit, I guess.

Anyway, I guess the storyline could have been alright. It is a horror movie, after all. They're not known for originality. But the effects. The glitchy effects. They looked like they were clip art. I can't stand glitchy things, though they can be frightening if done right.

But these effects were terrible and more on the level of a screamer from 2008. The entire movie was like a bad screamer. It just wasn't frightening; it was only startling in the sense that humans have a reflex to jump at loud, sudden noises.

It was bad and it got a sequel.

Saw a movie once called Scarecrow gone Wild.
It was the worst movie I have ever seen. It is still permanently embedded in my mind. I still remember where I watched it, with whom, about what time it was and how in shock I was that such a movie existed. It was a dark point in my life, a hour I will never get back.

Wait.
Has anyone mentioned the Resident Evil movies? They aren't the worst movies ever made, but they sure make you into a zombie.

Since Eragon, Divergent and that one movie the AtLAB fandom never talks about has already been mentioned...

Aliens Vs Cowboys. I'm still going through the "wtf did I just watch" stage. I'm not even sure it had an actual plot, aside from mayonnaise cowboys beating up some kind of alien who had nooooo real reason to be on Earth.

Since Eragon, Divergent and that one movie the AtLAB fandom never talks about has already been mentioned...

Aliens Vs Cowboys. I'm still going through the "wtf did I just watch" stage. I'm not even sure it had an actual plot, aside from mayonnaise cowboys beating up some kind of alien who had nooooo real reason to be on Earth.
Sadly I enjoyed that movie for some reason. Though there is no denying that each time I have watched, chances are I've been smoking. But it is undeniably a bad movie, but watchable in the sense of being a "popcorn movie."

Status
Not open for further replies.