What's the worst movie ever made?

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

ᴛᴏᴄᴋᴀ

Melancholia Personified
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Whenever my boss decides to let me go home. (Usually between 5-11 EST)
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
  3. Douche
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Modern, Futuristic, Paranormal, Fantasy, Medieval, Romance, Horror, pretty much everything.
Flipping through the channels this morning and what should be on? Final Fantasy:Spirits Within. I am a huge Final Fantasy fan, but that movie is an abomination. As a movie on a whole, it ducked, but throwing the Final Fantasy title to it was insulting to the entire brand.

Anyone else have a movie they think would have been better left unmade?

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460811/

ELF BOWLING.

This movie was so terrible, we couldn't even sit through it to make fun of it for being terrible. >> And we ALWAYS sit through bad movies to the end.

Reactions: Drifter
I've never even heard of it. o.o

Reactions: Kairia
Here is my top 10 list of worst movies ever made:

1. Cloverfield
  2. Freddy got fingered
  3. The Mist (Which sucks because it is one of my favorite short stories. :()
  4. Starship Troopers 3 (They really should have stopped after the first one)
  5. Sharknado (Which happens to be my daughter's favorite movie.....)
  6. Any Jaws after the original
  7. Gladiator
  8. Scary Movie V
  9. Daredevil
  10. Snow White and the Huntsman (The movie would have been good if they'd gone with a different actress)

7. Gladiator
448.jpg

No, it was bad, at least in my opinion.

I agree with you though, The Last Airbender was horrible, and it's depressing because I loved the series.

Guys, you're missing THIS steaming pile of crap:
51TT7D7W2EL.jpg

Will someone please remind me why this movie was allowed? Not for entertainment value, I can assure you.

Well, I don't watch a lot of movies, but there's one that comes up as an immediate example. It's already mentioned above... Yep.

Avatar - The Last Airbender (M Night Shyamalan)

There were so many things dear ole' Shyamalan got wrong right from the get go. And the source material's already so well fleshed out too. I suppose he wanted to get creative or something... But seriously, for a movie with audience appeal stemming largely from an established fanbase of the original cartoon (or some might argue anime)... He shouldn't have disrespected the series in the way that he did. From mispronouncing the character's names, to ruining some character personalities (Sokka is the case in point); he was already setting himself up for a massive fall.

That, alongside his horrendous choices of child actors, excessive narration, over-usage of slow-motion... Also, that blasted 3D bullshit, as it turns out, 3D was barely even used! That said, the CGI for some scenes were ridiculous as well. A vivid example I recall is the earth benders breaking out of their imprisonment. In the original, because they were EARTH BENDERS, they were imprisoned on some ship away from any source of earth. Due to that, they were unable to resist or break out of their captivity. In the movie, for crying out loud, they were pretty much kept in a village-like place, I think? Goodness gracious, they had an abundance of earth to use but they didn't. And when Aang rallied (which itself is a change; the original had Katara rallying the prisoners) the prisoners, what did they do to fight against their captors? The bended earth, yes, but WTF MAN

tumblr_m84rf5qlsz1rp12dbo1_500.gif

WTF IS THIS SHIT. THERE'S LIKE 6 OF THEM AND ALL THEY MANAGED TO BEND WAS WHAT?

The earth benders in the original series could dig tunnels and lift much heavier boulders... And all it took was just one!

The laughter in that theatre though. Sigh.

So yes. Put very mildly, this movie was a colossal fuck up. I don't think any other movies will come close to this to me though, largely due to the fact I really liked the original series. Then someone just had to go in and shit all over it. THE PAIN. IT'S REAL!

Then it's not one of the worst movies ever made, you just did not like it.
Agreed on both accounts.
The last air bender was horrid, and Gladiator was actually a decent movie.

WTF IS THIS SHIT. THERE'S LIKE 6 OF THEM AND ALL THEY MANAGED TO BEND WAS WHAT?

The earth benders in the original series could dig tunnels and lift much heavier boulders... And all it took was just one!

Hey, I liked Spirit's Within. Every FF is a separate universe (mostly) so I never bothered caring it was a different setting.

My vote goes to House Bunny.

That was when my trust in friends tastes died.

Status
Not open for further replies.