What's the worst movie ever made?

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
@The Gil, oooh. I totally missed your post. Sorry about that. How awkward was the phone call with her mom? It was just hard to watch... bad dialogue is bad...

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
@The Gil, oooh. I totally missed your post. Sorry about that. How awkward was the phone call with her mom? It was just hard to watch... bad dialogue is bad...
"Mom I can feel the Earth moving... Mum i remember the taste of the milk that came out of your tits"
"sweetie are you on drugs again?"

this would have made more sense

Reactions: Thought Manifest
I do have to admit, the movies weren't the best. I ain't gonna lie on that, there was a lot that could have been better.
But I was raised with those movies, and I really liked them, I still do. It just makes me sad how much everyone hates it :(

That being said, the really good parts were when Hayden Christensen didn't have any speaking lines and was just told to glare at the camera. The fight scenes were really well choreographed, considerably better than the original series. Sucks that such good actors were made to act bad lines and crappy plotlines.
The fight scenes were only better than the original trilogy because of the time in which they were made. Average fight choreography back in the 70s was trash, but by the time the prequel trilogy was made it was common to get a skilled fight choreographer in on the production of movies. Compared to other, modern movies, however, the prequel trilogy fights are still pretty bad.

Seriously, if you take the nostalgia goggles off and look at it as objectively as possible, they're just really bad in almost every way. You already mentioned the music later on in the thread, and that's the only aspect of the movies that isn't rife with problems and flaws.

Liking bad movies is totally fine though, so don't feel too bad about others hating on it. It's just a matter of differing opinions.

The Real World Movie: The Lost Season

I saw this awful film with a friend while waiting for the movie I actually bought tickets for to start seating. By the end of the film, me and the (no lie) five others that were in there were doing a Mystery Science Theater skit to it.

It beats wishing for the time I wasted watching that garbage back, at least.

Reactions: Mr.Scales ⚖
Unfortunately, I didn't get the joke. Mainly because it was too awful to watch.

I agree with Superpiggeh, The Last Airbender was horrendous.

Also in my opinion all Tyler Perry movies are ridiculous and bland. They're basically the same thing but with different family organizations. And plus, when Tyler Perry inserts himself into his own movies, it's kind of creepy.

I agree with Superpiggeh, The Last Airbender was horrendous.

Also in my opinion all Tyler Perry movies are ridiculous and bland. They're basically the same thing but with different family organizations. And plus, when Tyler Perry inserts himself into his own movies, it's kind of creepy.
Tyler Perry did plays before he did movies. I used to watch them with my family. The plays are excellent! Well written, dramatic, humorous, and most of all, succinct. Madea was not the main character in any of them.

Once he went Hollywood... well, unfortunately, the success, the people telling him how great he was... Well, it just went straight to his head. Plus, for some reason, Hollywood loves the 'black man in a fat woman suit' thing. I do not know why. Eddie Murphy, Martin Lawrence, Tyler Perry... SERIOUSLY, STOPPIT. It's not funny, it never was funny, it's getting sad, stop.

Another movie that I had the unfortunate pleasure of having to sit through... Soul Plane. It... it hurt my soul, it really did. Just... horrible stereotypes upon stereotypes, with the added addition of 'scared white family in the midst of crazy black people' trope. Ugggggggggggh. Shoot me.

What else. OH! I might get flak for this, but... The Big Lebowski. I won't say it's the worst, because it's got a massive cult following. I just hate it personally. My fiance made me watch it (it's his favorite movie) and as soon as the end credits rolled, I said "What the HELL did I just watch?" Seriously- no plot, no cohesion, just... Yeah.

I did get some lovely quotes from it, though.

Superman Returns
I'll admit, not the best of the Superman franchise, but not the worst, either (that "award" goes to Superman IV).

this should have already mentioned (not sure if it was)
Batman_and_Robin.jpg

this should have already mentioned (not sure if it was)
Batman_and_Robin.jpg
Yes, it has been. Never seen it, so I can't judge, but just looking at the costumes, I have to raise an eyebrow.

Reactions: Mr.Scales ⚖
I'm not denying that the movies were bad, but there has to be things that were good about it. That being said, I grew up on that nonsense which is a large reason as to why I'm defending it.
So did I. My Dad introduced me to Star Wars with Phantom Menace when I was 5.
But even I can look back and realize how better the Originals were.

Oh! I can't believe I forgot to mention this one;

The Invention of Lying. I absolutely despised that one because all of the character's just over shared. I mean when the two main characters are about to go on their date the woman opens her door and says "I was just [something gross] blah blah [over share]blah blah" (or something along those lines). But the thing is, why did she even say that? No one asked her what she was really doing!

I just did not like the concept of the movie because it was unnecessarily disgusting.

Seven years in Tibet- literally left the cinema

Status
Not open for further replies.