What is your favorite Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Melon

Original poster
Z0iQ1DF.jpg

Which Pokemon is your favorite, and why?

mudkip.jpg

If you can figure out why, you've been on the Internet far too long.

Reactions: Kylulu and Melon
mudkip.jpg

u liek?

248.png

I'll always have a soft spot for Arcanine, but this guy's always said "I'll destroy everything you love" in twenty different languages, spoken entirely in earthquakes.

Reactions: Valentyne and Melon
Suicune-the-three-legendary-dogs-13918952-700-524.jpg

This Majestic beauty is my favorite. Suicune is my favorite just for that. I have lots of favorites but this was one of my first favorites. Crystal was my first Pokemon game.

Reactions: Melon
Empoleon
Why?
1. Water/Steel halfs grass, I was awful against grass during gen 1 and 2.

2. Napoleon Bonoparte

3. It's a fricking penguin!

4. It's immune to poison. Almost every other water type I know of gets wrecked by poison.

5. It just looks awesome.

250px-395Empoleon.png

I felt accomplished when I breeded up a shiny :D
Spr_5b_395_s.png

O_o …Man, just one? Okay… Hmm…

Do Mega evolutions count? If so, Mega Banette!

Mega_Banette-1-.png

I love ghost types, and Banette's pokédex entry is the best ever. A possessed, forgotten doll chasing after its former owner? All the yes.

If no Megas? Then… Litwick

250px-607Litwick.png

LOOK AT THAT THING! THE CUTENESS KILLS ME!

My all time favorite Pokemon would have to be...

Lucario
250px-448Lucario.png
When I was like, 7 or 8, I think, I remember watching Lucario and the Mystery of Mew and I loved Lucario soooo much and bawled my eyes out at the end. So he's always been a favorite of mine (though I have many more).

• Love
Reactions: LunaValentine
250px-179Mareep.png

(I think it's pretty obvious by my avatar lol)

Pokemon Silver was the first pokemon game where I actually knew what I was doing. (I was only like 6 or 7 when Pokemon Blue and Red first came out, so most of my time playing was spent running around haha) I immediately fell in love with this adorable little sheep and its evolutions! Ampharos rocked the house when I played, and it's been a favorite ever since. I always have to have one in my party. Just so cute!

I was 7 when the First Generation hit US soil. I never played an actual pokemon game until last year, and only collected the cards during the initial frenzy it caused in my elementary school. So anything from the initial wave will have an advantage for me. If you had asked this question to 9-year-old me, I would say "Mewtoo!" Mostly because he was the big bad from the only pokemon movie I had ever seen and I thought he was cool in some young-kid edgy kind of way.

Now though, I go with this guy:

alakazam.jpg

cubone_by_snook_8-d4r6r9t.png

CUBONE

I always loved this pokemon since the first time I picked up my copy of pokemon red when I was just a little kid. I had the trading cards for him and everything. I just adored him. I just thought he was absolutely adorable. And you know what, the story of Cubone has only grown more appealing to me as I've gotten older, because I've come to better understand the backstory behind it...

You know, like the fact that the skull it is wearing is its mother's. And that it is actually supposed to be a Kangaskhan's child you always see in its pouch. The Pokemon tower from the first game was always so haunting to me and it just holds so much more depth to me now instead of just scaring me like it did as a kid. Haha, and really, I love the pokemon entries for Cubone. "stains on the skull from where its tears run" "When it cries, its skull rattles and emits a plaintive and mournful sound" "It sees the face of its deceased mother in the moon and howls at it" ... This entire pokemon is just heartbreaking and speaks depths about some of the writing and thought gone into the pokemon series >_> <_<

weekly__scyther_by_richytruong-d4cguvx.jpg

Scyther! Just...fucking look at Scyther...that is why

• Love
My favorite is Mewtwo. Not going to post a pic and go into some heartfelt reason why. Because I'm lazy there's only one simple reason:

I want that power on my side.

Blaziken will always remain in my heart, warming my soul as I reminisce childhood days of long ago. Ruby was my first game, and my lord, did I play the shit out of it, but I will always remember that first playthrough starting with wee Torchic and ending up with the UNADULTERATED AWESOME that is Blaziken.

118468.jpg

mudkip.jpg

so i herd u like mudkips

And yes, I have been on the Internet far too long. Far too much of my long term memory is inhabited by stupid internet jokes and memes. It's gross.

I was 7 when the First Generation hit US soil. I never played an actual pokemon game until last year, and only collected the cards during the initial frenzy it caused in my elementary school. So anything from the initial wave will have an advantage for me. If you had asked this question to 9-year-old me, I would say "Mewtoo!" Mostly because he was the big bad from the only pokemon movie I had ever seen and I thought he was cool in some young-kid edgy kind of way.

Now though, I go with this guy:

alakazam.jpg
Alakazam is my favorite too. :thumbsup2:

My reasons for picking him are threefold. First, first generation is best generation. Second, I like psychic types. I just liked them because of general concept stuff as a kid, but when I actually played the games (of which I only played much of first generation) some and learned about type strengths and weaknesses I liked them because only one type got double damage on it (Bug) and it only did half damage against one type (Psychic), and that very much suited my chosen play style of having a low risk team that I could use for all fights without fucking with the annoying computer system. Third, the idea of a creature with brain power high enough to make a supercomputer look stupid is great, and later generation fluff like how Alakazam's brain gets so heavy that it has to hold its head up with psychic powers and how it's just generally so weak it moves its whole body with psychic power is pretty cool shit.

So yeah, Alakazam all the way.

• Love
realistic_mew_by_saphirathehedgehog1-d61ytlv.jpg

fluffy_eevee_by_lopmon1990-d5yx4rc.png

Done.
Fav type: Psychic.
I feel Mew and Eevee are just what I would be if I were Pokeymans.

Status
Not open for further replies.