What is your favorite Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daledrill, obv.

daledrill_by_capngeo-d47t8fr.jpg

But a few close runners-up are Ursaring, Exeggutor, Magikarp and Gengar.

Stunfisk! And that despite not having played pokemon anymore since Crystal. As child I really liked Scyther or whatever you call [angrygermanvoice]SICHLOR[/angrygermanvoice] in english.

Reactions: Lady B
I'm torn between Chandelure, Zubat, or Magikarp... but, MAGIKARP I MEAN LOOK AT THIS IT'S BEAUTIFUL
Mother+fucking+magikarp+mother+fucking+magikarp_3306cb_3476308.jpg

I have so many favourites! I'll give you best by category

Keep your smogon comparisons to yourselves, I'm not a competitive player, these are just Pokemon I like

Cuteness:
CHIMCHAR!
250px-390Chimchar.png.

Chimchar was the first starter I really connected to. I loved that little fucker so much, and it was super rewarding to watch him grow into an Infernape.
Close second: Pachirisu

Anime Character:
Jessie's Wobbuffet
I don't know why they gave Meowth speech and not this guy; from the times he pipes up I bet he has some great jokes

Battle power:
Omg my Infernape. Or my Skarmory. Or my Infernape. Or my - you know what? Tie. I love the wall/tanking power of both these guys equally!

Design:
Luxray; his stats are weird for an electric type, but I love his design! I wish so much he was Electric/Dark. Coulda got more Physical moves that way, too.

Shiny Design: Umbreon
csn you tell I have a fondness for dark types?
Close Second: Mega Charizard X

Sentiment:
Totodile: my very first starter!

Other mentions include Belossom, Ninetails, Lugia, Growlithe/Arcanine, the Cyndaquil line, Staraptor, Fennekin, the Froakie line, Blaziken, Ponyta/Rapidash, piplup line, snorlax, cubone/Marowak, Espurr/Meowstic, klefki, Flabébé line, pidgeot, and Shuckle. DON'T FUCKLE WITH SHUCKLE.

I could probably go on

so i herd u like mudkips

And yes, I have been on the Internet far too long. Far too much of my long term memory is inhabited by stupid internet jokes and memes. It's gross.

Alakazam is my favorite too. :thumbsup2:

My reasons for picking him are threefold. First, first generation is best generation. Second, I like psychic types. I just liked them because of general concept stuff as a kid, but when I actually played the games (of which I only played much of first generation) some and learned about type strengths and weaknesses I liked them because only one type got double damage on it (Bug) and it only did half damage against one type (Psychic), and that very much suited my chosen play style of having a low risk team that I could use for all fights without fucking with the annoying computer system. Third, the idea of a creature with brain power high enough to make a supercomputer look stupid is great, and later generation fluff like how Alakazam's brain gets so heavy that it has to hold its head up with psychic powers and how it's just generally so weak it moves its whole body with psychic power is pretty cool shit.

So yeah, Alakazam all the way.
Not to mention with Gen 1, the only bug-type move in the entire game was Pin Missile, which might as well been called sewing needle for all the damage it did. It's no wonder why Psychic Types in Gen 1 were by and far the most superior type of Pokemon, because there was really no effective counter for them and their insane damage output and debuffs made them nightmares to deal with at times.

I'm quite partial to Fennekin and the evolution line. Even have a stuffed Fennekin on my desk. For some reason I named them Fen in my game. Not very original.

Maybe cause it could evolve into this awesome psychic powerhouse rather than this adorable fox with ears that can shoot 1200 degree heat..

Pokemon tell physics to go fuck themselves.

Ah, here's the fan-art my wife sent me that made me wonder..

Is it immoral to love your pokemon and feed them poke-puffs?
55b0a57abbafe01d9ca3ac29337b381c.jpg

Reactions: LunaValentine
Not to mention with Gen 1, the only bug-type move in the entire game was Pin Missile, which might as well been called sewing needle for all the damage it did. It's no wonder why Psychic Types in Gen 1 were by and far the most superior type of Pokemon, because there was really no effective counter for them and their insane damage output and debuffs made them nightmares to deal with at times.
Hah, I wasn't aware they were that broken. The farthest I ever go with being strategic about stuff in Pokemon is pulling up a type strengths/weaknesses chart to look at while playing, so I had no idea there was only the one bug move. No wonder they got more weaknesses added in gen 2. :lol:

Hah, I wasn't aware they were that broken. The farthest I ever go with being strategic about stuff in Pokemon is pulling up a type strengths/weaknesses chart to look at while playing, so I had no idea there was only the one bug move. No wonder they got more weaknesses added in gen 2. :lol:
I know this mainly because I was thinking I didn't have any good counters for a psychic type, so I went looking into a good bug type and then realized that there was only Pin Missile. They were very broken. :D

Spr_5b_648_s.png

My reason?
Well.
I...don't really have one.
I just like it.

Goddammit it needs Boomburst though.

Well, when I was playing cards against humanities with a bunch of twittlebrained children, I had the honour of explaining to them that "Smegma" is not actually a Pokémon.

All hail Smegma, the sludge-type Pokémon! The "southern" cousins to Grimer :P

250px-386Deoxys.png

Motherfucking ALIEN POKEMON.

Reactions: Valentyne
Obviously the theme of my Avatar and set is super high on my list.

Reason: Design is pretty badass, an entity creating from negative energy and such. plus he's a beast for destroying sleeping pokemon, with his speed stat being really high. I wish he was a "Ghost/Dark" type though.

Tyrannitar/Aggron - Reason: well, Tyrannitar for being a straight up Kaiju Pokemon, plus he was my main in Gen2 and Gen6. Aggron though, his japanese name is just badass. "Bossgodora" combine that with his Mega form, "Mega Bossgodora" Now that's how you name a badass.

Mewtwo - Reason: despite still being extremely powerful, Mewtwo was the first legendary I caught that I truly liked(Not a fan of the Bird Trio, find their designs to be boring). Plus his first movie was actually decent.

Sneasel/Weavile - Reason: Dark/Ice type, with the highest speed stat? he's a perfect glass cannon, and his evolution is pretty cool too.

Infernape/Feraligatr - Both of these are my favourite starters. Infernape being inspired by the Monkey King, who's a super awesome legendary figure. Feraligatr for being the best designed water type, and the starter with the menacing name since Blastoise and charizard.(Swampert, Samurott, Greninja aren't exactly threatening).

Garchomp/Hydreigon - Reason: Dragon Types are my favourite types in pokemon, they may take a while to level up, but they are always worth it(except Dragonite, fuck that pokemon). Hydreigon is based on my favourite mythological creature; The Hydra. Garchomp is one the best pokemon you can get(if you train him right he can be nigh unstoppable), He was banned in competitive circles for good reasons and his design is cool too. He laughs at the Fairy Type, as he crushes them under his heels.

Well, I have a couple favourites... Literally!

64.png

Just look at those two cutie-patooties! Don't they just match each other perfectly? I absolutely adore their designs, they look so fluffy, and cuddly, and all dressed up in a silly way, kind of like penguins. They're also a combination of my two favourite types; ghost and water. And, their dex entries are wonderfully horrific: "The fate of the ships and crew that wander into Jellicent's habitat: all sunken, all lost, all vanished.", "Its body is mostly seawater. It's said there's a castle of ships Jellicent have sunk on the seafloor."... So basically, they sink ships in order to play kings and queens, with the dead bodies from the ships they have sunk as their servants. Lovely! <3

Pikachu.

Because who wouldn't want a cute, furry critter who can perch on your shoulder and shout "Pika piiii!"... and play the role of Doberman, zapping any perp who invades your home (or personal space) with violent intent.

Also, what's with the hate for this guy?

584.png

It's a friggin' adorable ice cream Pokémon, what's not to like?
Most people who hate on Vanilluxe are genwunners complaining that Game Freak is "running out of ideas" and stooped to make everday objects into Pokémon. I wouldn't recommend paying too much attention to them.

Reactions: Merry Berry
250px-360Wynaut.png

(*Recognizes several names*
Wow... I didn't realize so many people Guild people had left for this site... Hello! :pikachu:)

*Back to picture*

Not due to any design, stat or gameplay reason.
This one more became an acquired favourite as whenever people at college would ask me why I did certain things I'd always respond with "Wynaut?", and it sort of became a running gag. :P

Design wise though? My favourite would have to go to Arcanine.
But Lucario, Scizor and Tyranitar were close behind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.