What happened after the Battle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian scoffed slightly as he sat down in the carriage and he ran his fingers through his hair for a moment while he exhaled deeply to calm himself. "It's just the way it's meant to be. I can't stand the Slytherin students." He said while he looked out the window of the carriage. Two other students were sitting in the carriage as well and they sat on the seat opposite to Elizabeth so Adrian had sat down next to her and soon the carriage began to move towards Hogwarts.

Elizabeth looked up at the two people before looking down, a bit nervous. She curled her toes, not sure what to say to the two. She kept tapping her leg, looking up then back down at her feet. If one paid close attention, they would notice her eyes turning from brown to blue before going back to brown. It was too quick for anyone with an untrained eye to notice.

Adrian raised an eyebrow and he glanced towards Elizabeth from the corner of his eye and his eyes narrowed a bit as he thought he saw her eyes change color for a second but he then dismissed the thought and looked outside again. The other two students were too busy chatting with each other to notice Adrian and Elizabeth, which suited Adrian just fine.
He smiled briefly as he saw Hogwarts and when they got into the courtyard, he stepped out of the carriage and like the gentleman he is, he held out his hand towards Elizabeth to help her out of the carriage.

Elizabeth smiled slightly at Adrian and said, "Thanks." as she got out of the carriage. She wondered how sorting was going to go tonight. The Sorting Hat had sung a different song each year and she wanted to hear what it said this year. As the students walked into the school excitedly, different students tried to find their friends. There was one girl looking for someone. She looked over at Elizabeth then did a double take before running over to her.

"Lizzy!" The girl called. Adrian would recognize her as Michelle Abbott. Her blonde hair was short and choppy; her eyes were almond shaped hazels. She grabbed Elizabeth's arm and pulled her into a hug. "I was looking for you on the train, but then Sara was having trouble with her wand and it was just a huge mess! I nearly didn't recognize you! Did you-"

"Yeah, I died my hair. I got bored of the old color." She said quickly, cutting Michelle off. She looked over at Adrian before turning to Michelle. "Michelle, you know Adrian, right? I'm not sure if you two have met before..."

Adrian raised an eyebrow at Michelle as she pulled Elizabeth into a hug and he then placed his hand on his hip. "I've seen her around, yes, but I do not believe that we have ever been introduced to one another." Adrian said as he looked at Michelle and then at Elizabeth.

Michele smiled and held a hand out to shake Adrian's hand. "Well then. Michelle Abbott is me name. It's nice to meet you, Adrian." She smiled as she looked over at Elizabeth. "So did you keep Lizzy company on the train?" She gave Elizabeth a devilish smirk, making the red haired girl blush and hit Michelle in the arm lightly. Michelle just giggled.

"Pleasure." Adrian said as he inclined his head towards Michelle while he shook his hand. He raised an eyebrow at her question and even more so at Elizabeth's reaction before he shook away the thought. He was about to say something else but was interrupted before he could start as all students were called to the Great Hall.
"We better get inside." He said as he then turned around and walked into the Great Hall and sat down by the Gryffindor table.

Elizabeth followed and sat down next to him with Michelle sitting next to her. Michelle looked over to Adrian, smiling. "So how many do you think will be sorted into Gryffindor this year, Adrian?" She asked, leaning against Elizabeth. "I think about twenty will join. Maybe even twenty-five if we're lucky." She smiled over at Elizabeth. "I remember when Lizzy and I were being sorted. I was the first Gryffindor and she was the last. It was quite amusing seeing such a shy and scared looking girl get sorted into a house of bravery and strength." She giggled as Elizabeth blushed, muttering how she wasn't that shy. She was almost turning as red as her hair from Michelle's teasing.

Adrian glanced at the new students for a bit as he pondered. "I'd say about eighteen are going to join Gryffindor." He said and he then glanced at Michelle and Elizabeth, his eyes narrowed however and he quickly turned around, catching an apple that had been soaring through the air at high speed and he glared towards the Slytherin table and at his brother who sat with a grin on his face. Adrian put down the apple on the table before he turned around while ignoring the shouts from his brother. "I'm so glad I was not sorted into Slytherin, it appears as if only idiots get sorted there." He muttered and he then looked forward as the headmaster began to speak, welcoming old and new students to Hogwarts while giving some general information and rules.
Once he was done talking, the sorting began and only sixteen students were sorted into Gryffindor.

Elizabeth looked down at the table and bit her lip when he said that. Michelle didn't notice, taking the time to assess the new students. "Huh, looks like we were both wrong. Oh well! At least we get to eat all of this great food, right Lizzy?"

Elizabeth jerked a bit when Michelle suddenly addressed her. She smiled. "Yeah, right." She took a little bit of food and nibbled on it, still wondering who that boy was and why he seemed to love bothering Adrian. Michelle was chatting with anyone near her, laughing and smiling the whole time.

Adrian barely ate anything and when the Slytherin student walked out from the great hall, Adrian stood up and followed, when they were outside in the courtyard, Adrian slammed the student up against one of the pillars while he gritted his teeth. "Listen carefully, brother. We both know that the only reason I am allowing you to breathe is because you are my brother and of my blood, but if you continue the way you do now, I cannot guarantee that I will be able to stay my hand." He snarled, to which the student laughed. "My my, have I managed to hit a sore point? You weren't this easy to annoy before our parents went missing." He grinned and Adrian clenched his right hand into a fist before he punched the student in the cheek so he fell to the ground. "One more word out of you and I'll-" "And you'll nothing." Said a prefect that walked up to them. "Adrian, Gryffindor common room. Now." He said and Adrian frowned before he let out a scoff as he turned around and walked back into the school while his brother was shouting after him. Adrian walked straight to the common room and then sat down in the couch once he was there.

Elizabeth noticed Adrian leaving and left, following him. She kept her distance and stayed out of sight, listening in on the conversation. She felt bad as soon as the brother mentioned missing parents and was glad the prefect was there to stop him. She looked over at the grand hall, trying to decide what to do. Her eyes started to switch colors again as she grew more nervous. She tapped her wand against her leg, having brought it out to hold onto.

Adrian rested the back of his head against the back of the sofa while his arms were spread to the sides. He muttered something beneath his breath and then opened his eyes while he was staring at the ceiling, he frowned deeply as he was lost in thoughts.

Elizabeth sighed and quickly started to walk toward the commons. She wasn't sure what the word was, but she knew that if needed, she could probably guess it. She bumped into a prefect on her way. He raised an eyebrow and asked, "Where are you going?"

Elizabeth quickly lied, "I'm not feeling well. I think I need to sleep." The prefect thought about it before letting her go and telling her the password. She smiled and quickly slipped into the Gryffindor commons, shaking a bit.

Adrian glanced to his right as he heard footsteps and he raised an eyebrow as the prefect that had stopped him was now standing there. "Adrian! What the hell were you thinking?! You could've gotten yourself expelled!" The prefect said. "It would've been worth it." Said Adria coldly a he shut his eyes again and the prefect sighed before he continued to lecture Adrian.

Elizabeth hesitated before walking up to the prefect and tapping his shoulder. "Um, excuse me. Peeves is bothering the first years and the other prefects need your help." When the prefect left she sat down on the same couch as Adrian staring into the fireplace. She tapped her foot, unsure of what to do now. She looked over at Adrian. "So... what was that all about?"

Adrian raised an eyebrow as he saw Elizabeth and he then looked at the prefect when he left. "Just had a small chat with the Slytherin student that was mistaken for something else." He replied, his arms being stretched out to the sides over the back of the couch. "Shouldn't you be downstairs, eating and such?" He asked as he looked towards Elizabeth again.

"I'm not that hungry." Elizabeth responded, looking at the fire. "... Plus it's always nice to have some time alone in the commons room." She curled up on the couch, relaxing as she watched the flames dance. It was amazing to her.

Adrian looked at the fireplace when Elizabeth curled up on the couch and his eyes narrowed in a thoughtful manner.
He flinched however as a first year student came running in to the common room and she tackled him as he sat on the couch and she hugged him around the waist. "I got placed in Gryffindor!" The girl exclaimed in a happy manner. "Really? I never would've guessed since you're in our common room, idiot." Adrian said with a small smirk. The girl pouted at him before she stuck out her tongue. Adrian then looked towards Elizabeth. "Elizabeth, this is my younger sister, Angel. Angel, meet Elizabeth and for the love of god, behave." He said and he wrapped one arm around Angel as she had parked herself on his lap while hugging him around the waist. Adrian rested his cheek against the back of his hand as it was curled into a fist while his elbow rested on the back of the sofa.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elizabeth smiled at the young girl. "It's nice to meet you, Angel. Are you excited to begin your classes at Hogwarts?" Sheasked, trying to at least be friendly. The girl seemed nice and looked like she at least liked her brother enough to publically hug him.

Status
Not open for further replies.