What happened after the Battle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"She's been talking about it every day since she got her letter." Adrian said and he glanced at Angel as she punched him lightly in the stomach. "Well, that tickled."

"I have not! I have just been talking about it at appropriate times." Angel said while nodding before she giggled as she looked at Elizabeth. "Mhm! I'm really excited!" She said and then blinked as Adrian ruffled her hair.
"Hey squirt, it's time for you to go to bed." He said and Angel pouted at him. "You just want to stay up alone to talk with your girlfriend! But I want to get to know her too!" Said Angel. "... Where the hell did that come from?! She's not my girlfriend!" Said Adrian while his eyebrow twitched slightly. "She isn't?" Asked Angel with a surprised expression. "Damian said she was!" She then added. "Do not mention his name around me..." Said Adrian as he frowned the moment Angel said the name of their oldest brother.

Elizabeth blushed. "I'm not his girlfriend! We just met on the train." She cleared her throat, trying to regain some of her lost composure. "Besides, you really should be getting to bed. You wouldn't want to sleep through your first classes, would you?" She pat the young girl's head before standing up. "I can show you to where you'll be sleeping, if you like?"

Angel looked up at Adrian and then at Elizabeth when she patted her on the head. She pondered for a moment before she stood up while smiling brightly. "Okay!" She said and she tried to take Elizabeth's hand.
"I'll wait right here if you want to talk some more after Angel has gone to bed." Said Adrian as he looked at Elizabeth and he nodded once in thanks.

Elizabeth let Angel hold her hand as she led her up to the first year room. She got her settled before walking back down, sitting down on the couch. She sighed as she curled back up, leaning into the comfy cushions of the commons' couch. She looked over at Adrian and raised an eyebrow. "Do you have any other siblings besides Angel?" She asked.

"Only a brother, but he died years ago." Said Adrian, while Damian obviously wasn't actually dead, he had died in Adrian's eyes years ago when he used Angel as target practice for his spells, luckily Angel was too young when it happened to be able to remember it fully. Adrian looked at the fire before he looked at Elizabeth. "What about you? Do you have any siblings?" He asked.

Elizabeth noted how he talked about his brother and shook her head. "No, I don't. Sort of wish I did though. Would make home a little less lonely." She looked back at the fire, imagining different shapes in the fire. She thought about Angel's assumption, which made her start to blush. Her? Adrian's girlfriend? She wouldn't imagine him going for a girl like her. Michelle would be more his type in her opinion.

Adrian quickly lashed out with his right hand and caught an apple that can flying his way at high speed before he lowered his hand. "Oi! Adrian! You should be getting some rest, we have a quidditch match tomorrow and we need our seeker to be at top shape!" A student said sane came walking into the common room. "Yeah yeah, I'm going to rest in a bit, cool your jets McGinnis." Sighed Adrian and the student went straight to the sleeping quarters. Adrian ran his fingers through his hair before he looked at Elizabeth. "You should get some rest as well and I think you might be getting a fever, you look a bit flustered." He said to her while he stood up.

Elizabeth nodded and went up to her own sleeping quarters, embarrassed that Adrian had noticed her blush. She ignored the girls all talking about which boys they thought were the best looking. Adrian's name came up more than once. Elizabeth wondered if Adrian found any of them attractive. She would have to ask tomorrow. She fell asleep to giggling.

Adrian waved at Elizabeth before he also went to bed and he sighed as he heard most of the guys discussing tomorrows Quidditch game. He laid down in his bed and soon fell asleep despite all the chattering.

He woke up the next day and got himself dressed in his Quidditch outfit before he began making his way to the Quidditch arena. He had McGinnis and a few others from the team walking with him while they were talking and one of them soon looked at Adrian. "Hey Adrian, isn't your brother on the Slytherin team?" One of them asked. "I have no brother, I only have a sister." Adriand abruptly answered while frowning deeply and the student fell silent before he looked at the others who just shrugged and they continued to make their way to the arena.

Angel knocked on the door to the fifth year's bedroom and she then held her hands over her heart. "Elizabeth? Can we go to the arena together? I'm scared of going with the others and Adrian has already left." She said while looking down at the floor.

Elizabeth opened the door, having just gotten her coat and scarf on. She smiled at Angel. "Sure, come on." She started to walk down the staircase. She hadn't planned on going to the game, preferring to walk toward the lake, but if the young girl asked her, she would go. "Who do you think will win the match? I heard Slytherin has been making a dream team this year."

"Gryffindor, of course! They have Adrian!" Angel said as she giggled slightly while she walked with Elizabeth. "Although... Slytherin have Damian... but... he's not as good, or kind!" She said, as if being kind had a huge part to play in the whole ordeal.

Adrian stood by one of the walls while the audience seats were starting to fill up with students and professors that were going to watch the games. He folded his arms and his broom was next to him while the leader of the team spoke about tactics and what they should do.

Elizabeth nodded and rubbed the young girl's head. "I'm sure Gryffindor will win too. And if not, we'll have put up a good fight." She led the young girl up to the stands, pulling her scarf closer to her mouth and nose as the fall weather started to blow through. She shivered, just an eensy bit cold.

Angel followed Elizabeth to the stands and she then looked around as they were high up, a small "Wow!" Escaped her lips as she was amazed.

Adrian soon stepped out into the arena with the rest of the team and they took their places on their brooms. He glared at Damian who smirked as he stood at the front of all others, being the team captain for Slytherin. Once the game was announced started, they all took off into the air and so it began!
Adrian sat far up in the sky while looking around for the golden snitch, he dodged a bludger that came flying his way and once he spotted the snitch, he took off after it. He chased it for almost twenty minutes and the score between Slytherin and Gryffindor was even.
However, when Adrian chased the snitch rather close to the ground, one of the Slytherin players flew at him and slammed his fist into Adrian's stomach. His eyes widened as the fist connected with his stomach and he parted his lips as he let out a breathless gasp since he was winded from the punch. He fell off his broom and slid across the sand before he came to a halt and laid on the ground with his face in the sand and unmoving, thank god he didn't fall from a lethal height!

"Adrian!" Screamed Angel as her eyes widened in horror when Adrian was punched and one could hear the whole audience gasp at what they witnessed!

Damian sat on top of his broom with a smirk on his face as he witnessed his brother falling to the ground before he himself took off after the snitch.

Elizabeth bit her lip before screaming out, "Don't let him beat you, Adrian! Get up!" She was surprised she said such things or screamed at all, but she wanted to see him get back up. She could hear some of the other girls talk about their 'Poor Adri-poo'.

Adrian laid unmoving on the ground with his face down in the sand and Angel took frightened breathes as she looked at him. She then turned her head towards the speakers as Slytherin was announced the winner once Damian had caught the snitch.
When the match was over, Adrian's team mates quickly flew down to the ground and McGinnis quickly jumped off his broom and turned Adrian so he laid on his back instead and Adrian was unconscious. "Oy! Adrian! Get a hold of yourself! Wake up!" He said but Adrian didn't react. Angel quickly made her way down the stand and then ran over to Adrian. "A-Adrian! Wake up!" She whimpered and her body trembled. Adrian let out a small groan as he heard Angel's voice and he slowly opened his eyes halfway.

Elizabeth ran down after Angel, worried for the boy she met on the train. "Is he alright?" She asked as soon as she caught up, looking over at Adrian. "Adrian?" Her eyes seemed to switch between colors, not just blue and brown this time. Green, purple, pink, hazel, every color in existence was going through in eye color. She was genuinely concerned as she tried to find some way to help this new friend of hers. The tips of her hair darkened just slightly, but enough to make a noticeable difference.

Adrian looked around with a disoriented expression and then tried to stand up but was stopped by McGinnis. "Woah! Hold it there, Adrian. You shouldn't stand up, you've probably gotten a concussion." He said and Adrian glanced at McGinnis before he looked at Angel and Elizabeth. "I'm fine, just a little tumbled." He said and then laid down on his back again, once a professor got there, he lift up Adrian and carried him to the Hospital Wing and placed him down on one of the beds. Angel hurried after the professor and she then looked at Adrian before she looked down at the bed.
"I'm going to go talk to Damian!" She said in an angry voice but was stopped as Adrian grabbed her by the scruff of her robe. "Hold it squirt. You're not going anywhere and you're certainly not going anywhere near him." Adrian answered before he lowered his hand to the bed. "What happened, exactly? I feel like my head is about to explode." He said with a small grunt.

"A slytherin player punched you in the gut then you fell off your broom. Had the whole crowd in a fit about it." Elizabeth explained, tapping her finger against her arm. She looked surprisingly calm, but inside she was absolutely livid. She wanted to just punch Damian in his face. She would laugh so hard and feel so much better if she could just... URGH!

Adrian looked at Elizabeth as she explained what happened and he then looked at Angel who was sobbing. "...What are you crying for?" He asked. "I was scared that you had gotten really injured." Elizabeth whimpered and Adrian sighed low as he wrapped his arm around Angel to comfort her.
"I'm glad to see that you're alright." Said Damian who stood at the door and Adrian turned his head and glared at Damian while Angel stood close to Adrian. "Leave." Snarled Adrian and his arm tightened slightly in a protective manner around Angel.

Elizabeth tensed when Darian entered. She wanted oh so badly to just punch the guy out. But no. Now wasn't the time. He wasn't doing anything yet so she couldn't hit him just yet. Why did these Slytherin's have to all be such... Assholes! She tapped her arm a bit faster, her eyes flashing red. Her hair seemed to get brighter like flames. God she wanted to...

Status
Not open for further replies.