FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
I'm going to be playing Stellaris. Such a good space scifi civilization strategy game. A lot of adjectives I know. It's a bit of a civilization style game, in that you manage your whole race's civilization. It's definitely space scifi, has many of the weapons you'd expect from the genre, even has warp FTL, as well hyperspace lanes and another form of transportation. There's also a lot of mods for the game. Including a very well made Star Trek mod that includes ship models for each of the races, plus the map is setup to reflect the universe of Star Trek.

I'll also be playing later tonight MechWarrior Online. It's not optimized and doesn't have much in the way of content. But it's the best mech combat currently afforded by a video game. Save for maybe Armored Core 3 from the PS2 era.

The Evil Within 2!!

Amazing story as long as you don't think too hard about it (because it really doesn't make since if you think about it). Anyway I just like the art style/gameplay/atmosphere/etc.
Only on chapter 6 (of 16 iirc). First play through, doing it on easy. Right now it almost seems too easy. So either they actually made the easy mode easy (unlike the first game in later chapters) or it's about to ramp up and get impossible soon.

TEW2 is more "open world"-y and I must be an atypical player because I progressed so much in chapter 6 in a way I wasn't really supposed to I guess because now the game is starting to glitch out haha. ([spoili] I got stuck in a particular spot and when I went to look up how to get out of it, that thing is supposed to happen in ch. 7. Shortly after getting out of where I was stuck, the game froze up and closed out, then when I restarted it, there were weird glitches in place of where dead bodies should have been and stuff. Definitely not part of what should be happening in the game. Whoops.[/spoili])
So I suppose I'll start advancing the plot now like I am supposed to. >_>

Hex(PC). I joined about a week ago so I'm still trying to cobble together a competent deck with the underwhelming cards they start you with. Been blazing through the campaign today.

Bloodborne has, as always, occupied my time. I did buy the Evil Within for the recent holiday since I enjoy horror and've heard good things. Would have purchased EW2 but thought it would be best to start with the first game (like most rational beings).

Unfortunately.... I've not progressed very far into the game. Probably should have begun on easy difficulty but I have an ego problem? Whatever the reason, I've committed to Normal. Difficult but not impossible I suppose...

So far the plot hasn't impressed me, gameplay is great. Was hoping for a stronger narrative but nothing seems to be... particularly happening, on that front, yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
So far the plot hasn't impressed me
LOL
Yeah, it's not going to. Sorry to spoil it.
I bought The Evil WIthin 1 because some person I was watching on Tumblr had endless praises about the story. The story frankly sucks imo but the aesthetic and gameplay is pretty great, at least until you get to the last few boss battles, at which point it becoming annoying and a game of "HOW MANY TIMES WILL I DIE THIS TIME" (and I was on easy mode) and by the time I got to the actual ending I was really frustrated and definitely walked away thinking that it was NOT worth it (and by that I mostly mean there is no story-related "payoff" for all the work it took to defeat the last few bosses).

But, FOR SOME REASON, I like the game anyway and I got TEW2. The plot for 2 is better than 1, but is still hella shallow so if you think about it for more than 5 seconds you'll not like it.
easy to look past with that aesthetic tho.

LOL
Yeah, it's not going to. Sorry to spoil it.
I bought The Evil WIthin 1 because some person I was watching on Tumblr had endless praises about the story. The story frankly sucks imo but the aesthetic and gameplay is pretty great, at least until you get to the last few boss battles, at which point it becoming annoying and a game of "HOW MANY TIMES WILL I DIE THIS TIME" (and I was on easy mode) and by the time I got to the actual ending I was really frustrated and definitely walked away thinking that it was NOT worth it (and by that I mostly mean there is no story-related "payoff" for all the work it took to defeat the last few bosses).

But, FOR SOME REASON, I like the game anyway and I got TEW2. The plot for 2 is better than 1, but is still hella shallow so if you think about it for more than 5 seconds you'll not like it.
easy to look past with that aesthetic tho.
Would you recommend I start on Easy difficulty or would Normal be just as well, what with my newcomer status and all?

Shame about the story. But... I have a thing for guys in waistcoats and rolled up sleeves, I suppose. And the overall grainy grit is a nice change of pace from... whatever aesthetic Bloodborne has going on. That being said, I should probably invest in a game with a little more light. Or maybe I'll just play Amnesia: Dark Descent. Followed by Undertale or Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

Hehe.

Would you recommend I start on Easy difficulty or would Normal be just as well, what with my newcomer status and all?
If you're having a hard time then go on easy. You can change mid-game, if I remember correctly. So you don't have to start over.
Personally, I play all my games on easy. I gave up on my ego long ago, because games are too hard for me these days. But, even on normal mode, the last few bosses being ridiculously difficult is a somewhat common complaint for that game. Just read some reviews. xP

As far as light goes, you know that calibration thing at the beginning of the game? Yeah I always make sure I can see more than it says I should be seeing. Because I like my stuff bright too! haha
In TEW2 I have it as high as I could get it and I can still see barely anything. Makes it a little frustrating.

But also, yes, the characters. Those rolled up sleeves. Yeah idk either. I like it a lot.

Reactions: H.P. Gaster
ESO or Transistor. I think I am close to the end of Transistor, so I could maybe finish it in one night... But I might default to ESO, because it's so easy to flip back and forth, grinding for 15 minutes and working for 15 minutes.

Because I am a cheapskate, it's gonna be FTP online games for me.

Namely Mindustry, a sandbox tower defense game where you build mines and chains of conveyors to get the mined resources to either your inventory or your turrets. Pretty cool.

I recently started replaying Bloodborne again due to Fromsoft releasing a Comic Book for Bloodborne that is coming out next year in 2018, and some Bloodborne apparel for this month and it almost feels like they are slowly releasing all this new Bloodborne stuff because they may have an announcement, or maybe not. I'm trying on this playthrough to stay away from the Kirkhammer, Holy Moonlight Sword, Rakuyo and Ludwigs Holy Blade. I also should try different guns besides the Hunter Pistol an Evelyn.

For PvP I was a piece of shit and did the Reitarpallasch + Cannon combo with some bone marrow ash, until that got nerfed and fixed.

I'm also, probably going to dislike it, be playing the new Call of Duty: World War II because a group I play with believes this CoD will be better than the last ones or something.

A lot of Bloodborne going around. Awesome.

I've been playing a lot of Dark Souls 3 and AC: Origins. Both keep drawing me back to them no matter how much actual work I try to get done.

I saw a fresh copy of Mass Effect: Andromeda on the shelf for 10 bucks while I was shopping for headphones.

Currently playing it. Actually somewhat enjoying it. This open-world focus kinda took away from the focused benefits of careful level design in combat (not coincidentally, I felt the same about DA: Inquisition), but the combat mechanics are actually very enjoyable.

I think they must have patched it so the much maligned facial stuff wasn't so awful, but it was still rather inconsistent and jarring at times, and there are notable technical issues with the game. Characters still seem lovably Bioware.

For ten bucks? A steal.

Crash-Bandicoot-N.-Sane-Trilogy-arte.jpg

ogimage.png

Metal Gear Solid V, The Phantom Pain on X Box One, Persona 3 and Disgaea 2 on the Pc with a PSP emulator.

Super Mario Odyssey. I will not stop until I have every single Moon, I'm so close I can practically taste it.

Super Mario Odyssey. I will not stop until I have every single Moon, I'm so close I can practically taste it.

Woah. o.o That's some serious moon-hunting. Aren't there, like... a lot of moons??

Woah. o.o That's some serious moon-hunting. Aren't there, like... a lot of moons??
Yuup. 836 moons to be precise, but you can actually max out at 999 because they allow you to buy unlimited moons from the store after you beat the game. So technically you can max out you moon count without collecting every single moon, I don't plan on doing that, though. I currently have 870.

Recently I've been playing Night in the Woods. I'm only 2 or 3 hours in, but it's very charming and atmospheric. Also I'm loving the cutesy art style it's got going on for it.

artworks-000223165052-qfupr2-t500x500.jpg

Reactions: H.P. Gaster