We're in this War Together (AngelFire and CrimsonMaiden)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
This town was much more lively than the last with people bustling about and sounds of everyday life. It almost sounded foreign to her ears now. Isis was admittedly a little on edge. Things were too peaceful for her liking. "I guess we should look around. It looks a lot better than the last place." She stretched then wiped the sweat from her forehead.

Rikyo pulled her into an alley way. "it's too dangerous for people to see me. We'll go through back ways."

"Okay..." She followed close behind, trying to ignore her nerves. "This place is really lively. Maybe we could actually stay here for a while, find work, do something with ourselves."

"Yeah, I suppose. Once we get me all human-looking." He looked around the corner and led her through the back alleys and streets.

"Oh yeah..." She held the straps of the two bags crossed over her shoulders so they wouldn't bounce so much. There was very little left, but it was something. "Where are we going? Can we find anything from back here?"

"I'm looking for someplace that's deserted and closed off." He breathed in. "I'm gonna have to change my legs...and I don't want anyone to see, or hear the screaming...."

Isis stopped and stared for a second then hurried after him. "It hurts?" she asked in a small voice. Obviously it did from what he had just said. Did it hurt the first time too? She shook her head. And he still finds some way to amaze me. "Nevermind, I don't think now is a good time to talk about things anyhow."

He nodded. "Okay, well, there's a dead end over here." He looked into the alleyway, no windows, the back of a brick building so pretty sound-proof. "You should stay here and watch for people. and no matter what you hear, I'm warning you, you don't want to turn and look, okay?"

Isis narrowed her eyes suspiciously but only nodded. Whatever he was going to do, it was going to be bad. "Be, um, careful?" Not that there was anything he could do about it. She turned around and went into scout-mode, her nerves tense and eyes sharp.

He took off the "shorts" (which were actually pants) and concentrated, standing at the back of the dead-end. He imagined himself with human male legs and slowly they began to change. His leg bones snapped and he fell to the ground, screaming. They set back together, but differently this time. They were swollen and his skin stretched to fit his new bone structure. He panted and groaned. His legs were burning as if they were on fire.

Isis covered her ears and squeezed her eyes closed so she wouldn't look. Don't look, don't look. He said not to. She slowly opened her eyes when the screaming stopped and swallowed the lump in her throat. "A-are you okay? Is it over now?" She fought the urge to look back until he said it was okay or anything at all.

He was breathing hard and his leg were throbbing. He looked down at them. They looked human. He couldn't move them, but they were human. "You can look now. I'm going to need some help standing up." He gritted his teeth at the pain.

She slowly turned around then went to help him. "Wow, you did it. You look...human." Isis couldn't help feeling a little guilty about being glad that he did look like a human now. It would make things much easier from here on, but he couldn't be himself anymore. She pushed the thought away and looked at him. "Let me know when I can help, I don't want to cause any damage...here. These aren't really build like your legs."

He grabbed onto her shoulders and tried to pull himself up. His legs were limp, however and he fell. "I'm okay. Sorry, I just have to get used to them." He sat down again and shook out his legs. Good thing he could feel them. He slapped them and they started to move better. He tried to stand up, using her again. He leaned on her, trying not to crush her. His knees wobbled. He smiled at her. "Yeah. I'm not changing my ears though. They're actually special." He pointed to his ears that were covered by a hankerchief.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isis tried not to move as Rikyo pulled himself up by her shoulders. She held him up by his elbows so there wouldn't have to be as much pressure on his wrists when pulling up. She smiled back and shook her head. "You should probably try them out before walking around with them, even adults trip over their own feet and they've had the same legs for years."

He nodded and tried lifting one up, bending the knee and move his foot and toes. "They're very strange." He tried the same with the other leg. They were starting to feel again and they hurt very badly. "I kind of enjoy them." He smiled.

Isis giggled. "Yeah, it is a little weird. You get use to it though. You know, not everyone walks the same way." She couldn't help smiling as she watched him try out his new legs. It was...interesting to see.

His knees were bent and he couldn't keep them from wobbling. "Could you show me how to use these properly?" He was a little embarrassed and his were lightly flushed with red. He probably looked so stupid.

"I'd be happy to demonstrate," she said with a smile. Lift- well you don't really lift your leg, you sort of stretch it forward a few inches off the ground like this. Usually your heal comes down first and then the rest of your foot rolls down until it's flat on the ground. Just. Like. This." Isis demonstrated each movement as she said it, slowly first until she was walking up and down the alley. She went back to help him stand up, putting and arm around him so that they were side by side. "Now it's your turn."

He nodded, watching her carefully. When she came back to him, he started to slowly move the way she had. He spread his legs to far and it looked awkward, and he was almost stomping. These feet were very strange. He almost fell, but stopped himself with a wobbly stance. He smiled at Isis.

Status
Not open for further replies.