We're in this War Together (AngelFire and CrimsonMaiden)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looked back toward the bed with raised brows. "Yeah, I was fine. Don't worry." She had a granola bar to munch on now. She promised herself she woudln't go into the stash again until that night or the next day. It was natural to grab food when upset but she knew they couldn't risk it. "On a different note, what do we do now? I know we're staying here for a little while but when we move on, where will we go? That pack from before seemed to have moved on to another town. We can't follow them that way, regardless how far ahead they are. Gah... I wish I had a map right now..." For a moment her mind led her to think of going out there to look for one but the thought of an alien waiting around a corner to kill them squashed that.

"I don't know. There's nothing we really can do, unless you had something in mind." he thought for a moment. "Those soldiers came from the West, heading east, that road is the main road in front of us. We can't go East, because they're heading that way, we can't go West because that is where they came from, so there's likely to be more over there. So, we can go North, or South. Backroads are the best way to go."

"Nothing comes to mind now," she said as she looked back out the window. "You know, I haven't done anything since all of this started. Just run and hide and...survive. I wonder if there is somewhere where people are still living normal lives." Isis sighed heavily. "Who can lead a normal life when all this fighting and crap is going on all over the place. The economy has to have completely crashed..." She looked back to Rikyo, a sad expression on her face. "This war is ruining us. All of us."

"If we weren't already ruined, the war wouldn't have started. I have lost all faith in my race...We are ignorant and arrogant." He walked over to the window and gently pulled the curtain slightly open, to peer out. He couldn't even imagine the devastation elsewhere. Places where people were getting killed and piled in the streets. That's war for you...

"Gee, that sounds familiar," she sighed. Isis threw away the wrapper to the granola bar and clapped her hands together. "Alright then! Now that I'm feeling better after a short lived eating fit, I think we should make a plan of some kind. Maybe a...survival plan or something like that. Something we can go off of if we get stuck or something. Do you get what I mean?" She had honestly confused herself a bit but making a plan was a serious suggestion.

"yeah. I don't know anything about your planet though, so I am at a loss." he pulled the curtain closed again and started pacing.

Isis shook her head and started to look around the room for something to write on or with. "Not physically lost, I mean ass in what we're doing. I mean we should make a list of goals. Once we have everything we should or want to be doing written out then we can move on without worrying about what to do." She looked under he bed and sighed. "For an abandoned town they sure didn't leave anything sitting around. I don't have anything to write with on me either... I just think if we write everything out we can focus on making it from one point to the next without griping about what to do." She sat on the bed and sighed. "We still have a whole day to get through too."

"Surely, we could find someone who has some news about the war. We should ask around, find a safe place." He stopped and rubbed the bridge of his nose. He breathed in.

"You think someone stayed after what just happened? I'd think we're the only ones crazy enough but I guess checking around wouldn't hurt..." She really wasn't in much of a rush to get back out there though it had been a while and there was no signs of another march of aliens coming through. They still had whole day ahead of them too. Isis shook her head. "Do you wanna go now or wait? I-I don't either way." She folded her arms and shrugged.

"We should wait. And, you're right, there's no one left around here. I meant that we're going to have to travel. Maybe pretty far." He sighed.

Isis shuddered at the thought of going out there knowing the very being she was trying to avoid were already ahead of them. "Right... I guess we'll have to move on now. It probably will be a while before we reach another town, and even then it may be swarming with soldiers." She sighed and crawled back into the bed. "I think I need a nap now. Hopefully I'll sleep long enough to forget about all of this 'excitement'." She pulled the cover up over her head. It was still daylight outside but a nap would do her better than sitting up worrying about things.

"Okay. Take as long as you need. We should wait until tomorrow anyway, just in case more soldiers were following behind them." He sat on the floor by the window. He thought about his legs, they sort of looked similar to the legs of the deer they saw before. He touched them and decided that they would have to go, just like his skin.

Isis peeked out from under the covers and sighed. Tomorrow then. That was good 'cause she was still unsure about going out at all. She closed her eyes and turned her back to Rikyo. It was still such a strange thought to be housing with someone she was running from only moments before meeting them. Perhaps there is some reason that they met and she didn't run away. Isis sighed then focused on sleeping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rikyo stood up and went into the bathroom. He looked into the mirror and concentrated. He squeezed his eyes shut and felt his face turn hot. He imagined his legs changing and they felt like they were breaking. He fell onto the floor and almost screamed in pain. His mind stopped imagining. He couldn't do it right now. He just couldn't. Looking at his legs, and touching them, they were fine. He breathed out a sigh of relief.

Isis woke later but didn't get up right away. She uncovered her head and looked around with squinted eyes. How long had she been asleep? It didn't feel like a long time and her body was protesting her moving so she only turned over. Her head was aching as well. She was used to this when she didn't sleep long enough or deep enough. Her body wasn't yet rested. Regardless, she sat up and let her feet touch the floor beside the bed. She did want to sleep more since she couldn't do much in her current state, but she also didn't want to go sleeping the day away. "Rikyo? What re you up to," she asked through a yawn.

Rikyo stumbled to his feet and came out. "I was just trying something." he said as he sat down on the floor next to the bed. he tried not to show the pain that shocked through his legs.

Isis rubbed her eyes and fell back onto the bed. "Really? What was it?" She kicked her legs weakly, trying to get some feeling in them. "I think my body isn't done resting, I barely have the energy to move~ But I feel like there's something I should be doing so I don't want to sleep anymore..."

*TIME SKIPPPPPP*
Rikyo was trudging alongside Isis. They had finally gotten to another town.

It had been days since they last left the semi-livable town and they still had food left. Isis forced her legs to continue into the new town they had managed to reach on foot. She was even more impressed that they made it without running into alien soldiers. It was the biggest relief yet. "We finally made it Rikyo," she groaned through the pain in her knees. "I'm just glad to have made it without running into any trouble, I don't think my legs could handle running and this much walking." She leaned on a building as they passed by to catch her breath.

"Yeah." He panted. "Wooh!" He sat on the ground and rested for a moment. He looked up at her. "We should find somewhere to rest for a while." he looked around, wondering where would be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.