Welcome To Unit 4 {OOC & Sign up: Accepting C:}

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Is this a bad plot idea?

• No! its cool!

• It's okay.

• Could be better...

• What have you done?

• Oh my...

• Yes

• How did you even...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eeh... I'm not really sure If I can come up with a scientist...
I guess I'll sit out until a sufficient number of scientists shows up.

Okay everyone, I have bad news. My father was found in his semi the other night. He died of a heartattack. It was quite unexpected.

I will continue to post, I hope to have my post for Lelou up today. I know this has been slow to start and people re frustrated. But now that we are all in the institution we can really begin to interact. I may post slowly, but it was be up. I hope you all understand.
I'm so sorry Calamity. I hope you and your family find solace and comfort.

@Calamity I recently lost my mother and aunt from unexpected circumstances too. I am deeply sorry for your loss.
As for the scientists I'll try and come up with one as soon as I can. I've just got my net back after a week of absence and have a bit to catch up on before I can think about making more characters. :)

I'm back folks, and I thank you for those of you who have patiently waited.

My father was a trucker, he died in Arizona but lives here in Charlestown, IN. 26 h (1,655.5 mi). Had to raise $4k, and thankfully did, to get his body transported home so that we could make funeral arrangements.

Hey guys sorry for disappearing things irl were getting a little hectic.

@Calamity I'm so sorry for your loss
P.s i also thought that your and @Lawkheart 's post was awesome i had no idea we could do collab. It came out great! :applause:

I plan on posting sometime today

Im still here.

Okay, I need responses; who's all stll here? I know things have been slow going.

I'm still here, just waiting on a GM post to get things rolling since I am busy helping with plot dev in another rp, so I cant make a 'spontanious character dev' post at the moment

I'm here!! I'll probably post next in about an hour or so

I'm here as well. I have to finish my second scientist.

I'm here still just trying to think up a scientist CS

I'm still here as well

I hope that I am not too late, I'm relatively new here, but I'm hoping I'll fit in.

Name:
Erik "Eye of Infinity" Strand

Talent/Power:
"Eyes of Infinity"
Erik can summon a black cloud out of his eyes that can be used to show people things or make them feel physical/emotional things that aren't really there. In depth description below.

Log 23: "It appears that subject 42 has the ability summon a black cloud from his odd eyes. Peering into them, I saw things you couldn't imagine. At first, it was just what seemed like distant stars, but it soon turned into lush forests and dry deserts. Then the pain came, I felt anger and hate so much that it physically hurt."

Log 38: "Subject 42 shows signs of fear of his ability, as if he wasn't able to control it. The cloud can show you things that really exist, even in real time. It's amazing, seemingly controlled by Subject 42. At first, once the cloud takes hold of 42, what he shows are dark and instill fear. It also appears that Subject 42 can make you "feel" things through the cloud. Emotional things, and physical. This could be dangerous and needs more study."

Log 46: "42 has said that what he shows, and you feel, he feels as well. If he makes you feel afraid, he feels afraid. If he makes you feel angry, he will feel the anger. It also appears that he has some control over who can see into the cloud. After much study and experimentation, it seems that the longer the cloud or mist stays out the more of a physical impact it will have on 42. A few minutes may leave him drowsy, but a few hours he starts bleeding from his nose and coughing up blood. This also appears to be affected by the size of the could."

Log 63: "The cloud can only stay in the world if 42's eyes are open or visible, and seeing into the cloud only works if your eyes are open. 42 seems to have good intention, often showing images of beaches or waterfalls though this can turn dark quickly. Not much has developed today, although 42 has requested we provide him with a blindfold. Seeing as how he has little ill intent, I'll give him one."

Log 64: "Only a small update. 42 has become able to navigate with the blindfold on. He says he does this by using the cloud under the blindfold to see the word as he would without it. There is a hint of fear in his voice. I'm going to keep a close eye on him for a while."

Log 82: "The cloud touched me today... I heard a voice speak to me.. It was 42, but much more sinister. I felt physical pain, like my wrists were being clawed at. I saw the lab room, and 42 sitting where he normally is kept restrained... The mist was flowing into my eyes, I couldn't close them. I saw some twisted monster clawing my wrists, they bled... I had the guards cover 42's eyes and the cloud disappeared, and 42 was hauled off to the medical ward. I caught only a glimpse of the black tears streaming down 42's face and his blood that covered his front side. I looked down and there was blood on my wrists. Checking myself in the mirror, I saw black tears on my cheeks. I'll never forget the sense of sheer doom I felt in that moment that I looked into the cloud."

Log 100: "After a few more sessions with 42, I've decided to stop, I need a break from him. He hasn't made any attempts to harm me, but I just... I can't get over what I saw in the cloud that day. I still have the scars on my wrists too. I've called him the Eye of Infinity, because in those eyes, there can be anything. Pain, love, fear, anger, and even death..."

(As a way to nerf his powers, he is forced to wear the blindfold. He cannot control what the cloud shows you for the most part. It also damages him. The larger it is and longer the cloud stays, the more damage it does. Do not let it touch you. Erik also has fairly poor eyesight, only able to truly see anything within 5 meters of himself. This was caused by using the cloud to see.)

Personality: Erik stands as a noble or honorable person, but shows fear when he talks about his power. He doesn't intend to harm people, but the cloud just seems to take over his thoughts, and before he knows it, people are hurt. Erik keeps very few people close to him, but those he does are like family. He always told himself that throughout the experiments and the pain, he would find a way to harness his power and save the other experiments, but the cloud hungers for blood.

Favourite Scientist: None (If anyone wants to play as the scientist who wrote the logs, I will change this to that scientist.)
Experiment Number: 42

Appearance:
20140329180737_VvdQk.thumb.700_0.jpeg

This image shows his face shape, hair, and body type but I'd like to make a few notes.
His eyes are a really deep purple, almost black. Looking into them, it's almost as if one was looking directly into deep space, his iris' and pupils has a sort of deep "cosmic" look to them. On his left cheek, Erik has a small scar from an incident with the cloud in the past. Erik stands at about 5'7 and has a rather slender build. He almost always wears the blindfold, taking it off for very short periods, or when walking around.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still here.

Uh...Why was I not getting notifications for this? *Sighs* I swear, they really need to fix that. I wasn't seeing anything pop up so I thought everyone dropped!

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadicmaster
No problem :) I keep not getting notifications for things as well x
Does that mean I can post or shall I still work on a scientist first? :)

Are you still accepting? I want to join this RP as a scientist ^_^

Name: Xavier Earthwalker. Experiment 145
Talent/Power: Strength well beyond the normal human limit.
Personality: To say the least, he's not quiet, and for the most part he's fairly calm. Save for some moments, where he seems to teeter on that fine line, between crazy, and still holding onto his sanity. Lord only knows, what goes on in his mind, and those brave enough to wonder. Are usually met with some rather curious answers...or even sickening ones.
Favourite Scientist: If he could have one, even then it would be uncertain. His entire personality makes him a little too hard to predict.
Experiment number: 145
Apperance:
blondes%20clouds%20russia%20outdoors%20anime%20scarf%20axis%20powers%20hetalia%201350x820%20wallpaper_www.knowledgehi.com_46.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.