SITE UPDATES WELCOME BACK

• Welcome back, Iwaku! While we are still working on the site to get it back into shape, we've come back online so you can get back to doing what you love. Check out this announcement for more details.

Kitti

Empress of Niflheim
ADMINISTRATOR
COMMUNITY DEPARTMENT
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week, Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige, Douche, Adaptable
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male, Female
Welcome back, everyone!

That update took a teensy enormous bit longer than we anticipated but it's finally over! All five million private messages and over five hundred thousand post likes, loves, and rainbows we have managed to get the entire forum moved over and put into this shiny new body. Iwaku is looking sleek and has a myriad of changes alongside it.

If you want to know more about some things that we are aware aren't working correctly (or to see if a problem you're having is already a known issue / report a new issue with the forum), please head over to the new Bug Reports Thread.

A brief rundown of some of the major changes:

• Search Function

SEARCH IS WORKING AGAIN, PRAISE BE.

• Style Editor

No, we don't understand why they took this away either. The admins are also upset and confused but they did. We're trying to find alternatives that play nicely with our addons but for now, Diana is going to cook you up some nice styles so that you can still have some different colors. Also Clown Fiesta.

• Reactions

This feature has been made even fancier than before! It also gave us the ability to make special roleplay-only reactions! Test them out, they should give you a handful of new ways to show your partners appreciation.

• Thread bumping

Still looking for a reputable vendor for a replacement to this one too. Trust us, it's on the list! We also love these things and are doing our best to get them back.

• Inbox Conversations

You can search in your private messages now! A huge improvement. You can also sort them by category and have a private message with just yourself!

• Advertising banners

They're still here! But they have a weird error right now. Never fear: Diana, sleuth supreme, is on the case.

• Coding

Some of the BBCodes that you know and love might be missing. Diana is working on trying to get a fix in place for this. There are also NEW bbcodes to discover and play with!

• Post Editor

Rather than requiring an overlay or to move to a new page, editing and previewing posts is now seamless with the new post editor.

• Hovering is magic

By hovering over a thread title from the listing in a section, you can now see a preview (that even reflects bbcode!) of the thread. You can hover over member names to see a little popup of their member card, too!

• Collaborative threads

Have a buddy that you want to make it official with? Yeah, now you can show the world that they are your co-GM (and also give them some thread owner permissions when it comes to editing and such!)

• Attachments

I want to take a moment to let you know about another change to the Conversation system so that you can be informed about privacy: attachments in private messages are now part of a collective site-wide attachment database that only the admins have access to. Like private messages, we do not intend to go through your attachments unless necessitated for a legal concern (adults making sexual advances towards minors, for example) but this is just to let you know that this is now something that exists. To read more about privacy policies, click here.

Phew, that's one huge list. There are even more changes but this should hopefully let you know about the biggest ones and give you some idea of what cool new things are available. Thanks for being patient with the extended down time! I hope that you enjoy exploring all the new features and are excited to be able to get back to writing now!

Astaroth

Chaos is what killed the dinosaurs, darling.
ADMINISTRATOR
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Chat Roleplays
Posting Speed
Speed of Light, Slow As Molasses
My Usual Online Time
It varies a lot depending on my schedule, unfortunately.
Writing Levels
Adaptable
Primarily Prefer Male
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
I play what's needed, but I do like to take the lead. In my one-on-ones, I often like being the "Game Master" in the sense of creating the setting, controlling NPCs, and steering the plot. But I still like input and collaboration from my partners. In group games, I prefer to be the GM or to play a leading or mentor role.
Favorite Genres
I love a little bit of everything. My top choices would be Horror, Modern Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, Magical Realism, Noir, Steampunk, Cyberpunk, Splatterpunk, Post-Apocalyptic, Historical, Mystery, old-school High Fantasy, and Sci-Fi (especially Spacesagas). I'd love to do some occasional Clockpunk or Weird West or Wuxia or Dieselpunk, too.
Genre You DON'T Like
I guess the only thing I don't particularly care for is high school drama, and even that can be fun with a good hook.
Thanks again to all of you for your patience and support! Please bear with us while we fix all the little various and sundry things that need fixing.

RJS

Already getting hyped for the fiesta!
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays
Posting Speed
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Advanced
Male, Female
I'm often fairly passive, but I have no trouble being more aggressive if I know that I won't be stepping on other people's toes or upsetting anyone by doing so.
Favorite Genres
Fantasy and SciFi are the two genres I most enjoy. I absolutely adore Dark Fantasy/Dark SciFi, and I quite enjoy RPs with at least a facet of comedy in them too.
Genre You DON'T Like
Not really into pure Romance (although I don't mind it being present as part of a bigger story). I don't mind sexual content, but I'm not a fan of RPing a sex scene in its entirety.
Praise be to the admins (except Jorick) and of course the glorious owlmum!

Nav

most ardently
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
Writing Levels
Advanced, Prestige
Male, Female
This looks very nice. Well done, team. (:

Noctis the Devious

Of Lies and Stories
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
Not Taking RP Invites at this Time
Posting Speed
Slow As Molasses
My Usual Online Time
Sporadically, Though out the Day
Writing Levels
Give-No-Fucks, Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
No Preferences
- Aggressive
- Passive
- Depends on how I Feel
Favorite Genres
- Modern/Magical/High Fantasy
- Paranormal
- Romance-ish
- Supernatural
- Original
- Fandom
- Action
- Adventure
- Espionage
- Apocalyptic
- Alternative Reality
- Genre-Bent Reality
- Steampunk
- Cyberpunk
- Dieselpunk
- Magipunk
- Sci-fi
- Superhuman
Genre You DON'T Like
- Historical
- Modern Slice of Life
- Most fan RP's that use pre-existing/canon characters.
Thank you very much ♡

el11korea

Artist on a Journey
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
Speed of Light, Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day
Writing Levels
Beginner, Elementary, Intermediate
Male, Female, Primarily Prefer Male
I love when my partner and I can work together to share our ideas for a roleplay. Communication in general is appreciated.
Favorite Genres
Yaoi, FANTASY , magical, romance, every day, drama, violence, alpha/beta/omega verse (I have been craving an in depth roleplay for this)
Genre You DON'T Like
I really don't like playing roleplays where we are characters from already existing movies of tv shows, an example being two characters from the movie "Toy Story." I'm also not comfortable with furries.
Thank you for all of your hard work! I can't wait to explore after my college courses are done today.

Wattson-Yang

Edgebabby
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
Speed of Light, Several Posts a Day
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Advanced
Male
Thank you all for the hard work! I have been waiting for this and look forward to creating more stories.

Adrian

You've gotta dance like nobody's watching   
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Week
Writing Levels
Give-No-Fucks, Adept, Advanced
Male, Female, Transgender, Androgynous
Aggressive
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Cyberpunk, Horror, LGBT+, Steampunk, Comedy, Post-apocalyptic, 80s
Genre You DON'T Like
Furry, Yaoi, Anime
The site looks awesome, guys. :D

Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Speed of Light
My Usual Online Time
I'm online pretty much most of the day, unless I'm working, then I'll be off from about 10am to 3:30, or from about 5pm to 11pm (UK time)
Male, Female, Transgender, Futanari, Androgynous
I am kind of an aggressive player, since I am always thinking about my roleplays and plot twists I can have. I'm very rarely a passive roleplayer because I like to use my ideas.
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, Real-Life, Modern, Magical, Romance, Fanbased
Genre You DON'T Like
I can do pretty much anything with a good idea
Is there an issue with the redstar/bluestar threads? I can't access any of my roleplays from those forums.

Bubbly Potions

The Extra Nutty Kind of Fruit Cake
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Speed of Light, Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
My Usual Online Time
Currently throughout the day to late at night... Haven't got any work at the moment.
Writing Levels
Give-No-Fucks, Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
Female, Primarily Prefer Female
A bit of both...
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, Fandom, Original Plots, Romance, Historical, Modern, Hero Based and Drama
Genre You DON'T Like
Horror, Furry, etc.
Thank you so much for all the hard work y'all poured into this update. No matter the countless frustrations you must have faced it turned out in the end. Congratulations to all the members of the admin staff and the owner. It's a really nice new look for Iwaku.

Diana

Owlmageddon comes. Ò◇Ó
BENEFACTOR
Roleplay Invitations
My Usual Online Time
5PM - 5AM Daily
If you are getting 500 or 503 errors this is probably because everyone on iwaku is so excited to be back that you're crashing the site with traffic. Just in case, clear out your browser caches and phone caches to make sure you are getting all of the new files.

In a couple days hopefully that will all simmer down and we can spot the bigger errors. 8D

Tiger Dragon

Insanity's Wifu
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, Slow As Molasses
My Usual Online Time
AEST : 10am-10pm
Writing Levels
Give-No-Fucks, Elementary, Advanced, Adaptable
Male, Female, Transgender, Futanari, Androgynous, No Preferences
More Aggressive, can sometimes be Passive.
Favorite Genres
Action, Adventure, Animal, Apocalyptic, Comedy, Dystopian, Fantasy, Furry, Game, R. Harem, Horror, Modern Fantasy, Parody, Romance, Supernatural Modern
Genre You DON'T Like
Fandom, Pure Slice of Life, Cannon
Fantastic work everyone! I hope you can catch a small break before tackling those bugs!

Jorick

Our knees do not bend easily.
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
One Post a Week, Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige, Douche, Adaptable
Male, Female
Usually aggressive, but can switch to passive if it makes sense for the character/scene.
Favorite Genres
Fantasy is my #1; I will give almost anything a chance if it has strong fantasy elements. Post apocalyptic, superhero, alternate history, science fantasy, some supernatural, romance, and a few fandoms (especially Game of Thrones) are also likely to catch my eye.
Genre You DON'T Like
Horror, western, pure slice of life.
A break? Haha, if only.

We're gonna be overworked to death. 8D

Astaroth

ADMINISTRATOR
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Adaptable
Primarily Prefer Male
I play what's needed, but I do like to take the lead. In my one-on-ones, I often like being the "Game Master" in the sense of creating the setting, controlling NPCs, and steering the plot. But I still like input and collaboration from my partners. In group games, I prefer to be the GM or to play a leading or mentor role.
Favorite Genres
I love a little bit of everything. My top choices would be Horror, Modern Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, Magical Realism, Noir, Steampunk, Cyberpunk, Splatterpunk, Post-Apocalyptic, Historical, Mystery, old-school High Fantasy, and Sci-Fi (especially Spacesagas). I'd love to do some occasional Clockpunk or Weird West or Wuxia or Dieselpunk, too.
Genre You DON'T Like
I guess the only thing I don't particularly care for is high school drama, and even that can be fun with a good hook.

Tiger Dragon

Insanity's Wifu
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Favorite Genres
Action, Adventure, Animal, Apocalyptic, Comedy, Dystopian, Fantasy, Furry, Game, R. Harem, Horror, Modern Fantasy, Parody, Romance, Supernatural Modern
Genre You DON'T Like
If only I could bring you poor drained souls some snacks! I did a 6hr maintenance once with a lot of maunal moving of things and hated it. This seemed like 3, 18hr shifts? Like.. that sounds like hell. Rest in Peace.

Astaroth

ADMINISTRATOR
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Adaptable
Primarily Prefer Male
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
If only I could bring you poor drained souls some snacks! I did a 6hr maintenance once with a lot of maunal moving of things and hated it. This seemed like 3, 18hr shifts? Like.. that sounds like hell. Rest in Peace.
I've gotten maybe 20 hours of sleep since we went down at midnight on the 2nd. 8D

Thanks a bunch for the sentiment. I had a mad sugar crash last night but fortunately I got a brownie.

The Mood is Write

Ink-Dripping Elfmom, Word Bondage Enthusiast
SITE SUPPORT
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
My Usual Online Time
11PM to 2AM EST, plus or minus a few hours in either direction.
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige
Male, Female, Androgynous, Primarily Prefer Female
Combination.

My strengths lie more in the direction of emotions and short-term ideas, where my ability to plan out long-term plots is weak. I do best with a partner who helps me cover that weakness.
Favorite Genres
I'm open to a wide range of genres. Obscenely wide. It's harder for me to list all I do like than all I don't like. My absolute favorite is mixed and multiverse, but I'm not limited to those.

• Mixed Genre
• Multiverse
• High Fantasy
• Hard Fantasy
• Low Fantasy
• OP Fantasy
• Science Fantasy
• Modern Fantasy
• Soft Scifi
• Science Fantasy
• Low Scifi
• OP Science Fantasy
• Modern Realistic (Strict)
• Modern Realistic (Loose)
• Urban Fantasy
• Alternate History (Fantasy Preference)
• Post-Apocalyptic Mixed
• Post-Apocalyptic Fantasy
• Post-Apocalyptic Scifi
• Post-Apocalyptic Modern
• Dystopia
• Displacement
• Military
• Dying Earth
• Supernatural
• Drama
• Mystery
• Horror
• Religious
• LBGT
• Crime/Detective
• Parody
• Comedy
• Tragedy
• Romance (Must Include Others)
• Erotic (Must Include Others)
Genre You DON'T Like
The list is short. because it's hard to find genres I don't enjoy.

• Yaoi/Yuri (Gay/Lesbian is fine!)
• Furry
• Fandom
• Historic Non-Fantasy
So proud of our madmins, Jared, and Diana for pulling this crazy shit off. <3

Tiger Dragon

Insanity's Wifu
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Well I hope everyone can get a full nights sleep tonight!

Diana

Owlmageddon comes. Ò◇Ó
BENEFACTOR
Roleplay Invitations
My Usual Online Time
5PM - 5AM Daily
I'M NOT COMING BACK TO IWAKU FOR TWO DAYS! 8D I'LL BE DEAD!

Greenie

Here in the Void
SECURITY DEPARTMENT
Posting Speed
Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
Beginner, Elementary, Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
Male, Female, Androgynous, Primarily Prefer Female
Passive.
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, Supernatural, Horror
Genre You DON'T Like
Yaoi
*Dances*
Now I can be immature and say how much I missed Iwaku!!!

New bunbun looks amazing! :D I'm already digging the new sleek look as well! Thank you guys for your hard work!