2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Douche
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Welcome back, everyone!

That update took a teensy enormous bit longer than we anticipated but it's finally over! All five million private messages and over five hundred thousand post likes, loves, and rainbows we have managed to get the entire forum moved over and put into this shiny new body. Iwaku is looking sleek and has a myriad of changes alongside it.

If you want to know more about some things that we are aware aren't working correctly (or to see if a problem you're having is already a known issue / report a new issue with the forum), please head over to the new Bug Reports Thread.

A brief rundown of some of the major changes:

• Search Function

SEARCH IS WORKING AGAIN, PRAISE BE.

• Style Editor

No, we don't understand why they took this away either. The admins are also upset and confused but they did. We're trying to find alternatives that play nicely with our addons but for now, Diana is going to cook you up some nice styles so that you can still have some different colors. Also Clown Fiesta.

• Reactions

This feature has been made even fancier than before! It also gave us the ability to make special roleplay-only reactions! Test them out, they should give you a handful of new ways to show your partners appreciation.

• Thread bumping

Still looking for a reputable vendor for a replacement to this one too. Trust us, it's on the list! We also love these things and are doing our best to get them back.

• Inbox Conversations

You can search in your private messages now! A huge improvement. You can also sort them by category and have a private message with just yourself!

• Advertising banners

They're still here! But they have a weird error right now. Never fear: Diana, sleuth supreme, is on the case.

• Coding

Some of the BBCodes that you know and love might be missing. Diana is working on trying to get a fix in place for this. There are also NEW bbcodes to discover and play with!

• Post Editor

Rather than requiring an overlay or to move to a new page, editing and previewing posts is now seamless with the new post editor.

• Hovering is magic

By hovering over a thread title from the listing in a section, you can now see a preview (that even reflects bbcode!) of the thread. You can hover over member names to see a little popup of their member card, too!

• Collaborative threads

Have a buddy that you want to make it official with? Yeah, now you can show the world that they are your co-GM (and also give them some thread owner permissions when it comes to editing and such!)

• Attachments

I want to take a moment to let you know about another change to the Conversation system so that you can be informed about privacy: attachments in private messages are now part of a collective site-wide attachment database that only the admins have access to. Like private messages, we do not intend to go through your attachments unless necessitated for a legal concern (adults making sexual advances towards minors, for example) but this is just to let you know that this is now something that exists. To read more about privacy policies, click here.

Phew, that's one huge list. There are even more changes but this should hopefully let you know about the biggest ones and give you some idea of what cool new things are available. Thanks for being patient with the extended down time! I hope that you enjoy exploring all the new features and are excited to be able to get back to writing now!

Thanks again to all of you for your patience and support! Please bear with us while we fix all the little various and sundry things that need fixing.

Praise be to the admins (except Jorick) and of course the glorious owlmum!

This looks very nice. Well done, team. (:

• Love
  • Thank You
Reactions: Galgallin and Kitti
Thank you very much ♡

Thank you for all of your hard work! I can't wait to explore after my college courses are done today.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kitti
Thank you all for the hard work! I have been waiting for this and look forward to creating more stories.

• Bucket of Rainbows
The site looks awesome, guys. :D

• Bucket of Rainbows
Is there an issue with the redstar/bluestar threads? I can't access any of my roleplays from those forums.

Reactions: CherrieCafe
Thank you so much for all the hard work y'all poured into this update. No matter the countless frustrations you must have faced it turned out in the end. Congratulations to all the members of the admin staff and the owner. It's a really nice new look for Iwaku.

• Bucket of Rainbows
If you are getting 500 or 503 errors this is probably because everyone on iwaku is so excited to be back that you're crashing the site with traffic. Just in case, clear out your browser caches and phone caches to make sure you are getting all of the new files.

In a couple days hopefully that will all simmer down and we can spot the bigger errors. 8D

• Thank You
Reactions: Astaroth
Fantastic work everyone! I hope you can catch a small break before tackling those bugs!

• Haha
Reactions: Jorick
A break? Haha, if only.

We're gonna be overworked to death. 8D

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Tiger Dragon
  • Sympathy & Compassion
If only I could bring you poor drained souls some snacks! I did a 6hr maintenance once with a lot of maunal moving of things and hated it. This seemed like 3, 18hr shifts? Like.. that sounds like hell. Rest in Peace.

If only I could bring you poor drained souls some snacks! I did a 6hr maintenance once with a lot of maunal moving of things and hated it. This seemed like 3, 18hr shifts? Like.. that sounds like hell. Rest in Peace.
I've gotten maybe 20 hours of sleep since we went down at midnight on the 2nd. 8D

Thanks a bunch for the sentiment. I had a mad sugar crash last night but fortunately I got a brownie.

• Love
So proud of our madmins, Jared, and Diana for pulling this crazy shit off. <3

Well I hope everyone can get a full nights sleep tonight!

I'M NOT COMING BACK TO IWAKU FOR TWO DAYS! 8D I'LL BE DEAD!

*Dances*
Now I can be immature and say how much I missed Iwaku!!!

New bunbun looks amazing! :D I'm already digging the new sleek look as well! Thank you guys for your hard work!