SITE UPDATES WELCOME BACK

• Welcome back, Iwaku! While we are still working on the site to get it back into shape, we've come back online so you can get back to doing what you love. Check out this announcement for more details.

Jorick

A thought often makes us hotter than a fire.
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
Not Taking RP Invites at this Time
Posting Speed
One Post a Week, Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige, Douche, Adaptable
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male, Female
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Usually aggressive, but can switch to passive if it makes sense for the character/scene.
Favorite Genres
Fantasy is my #1; I will give almost anything a chance if it has strong fantasy elements. Post apocalyptic, superhero, alternate history, science fantasy, some supernatural, romance, and a few fandoms (especially Game of Thrones) are also likely to catch my eye.
Genre You DON'T Like
Horror, western, pure slice of life.
No, that was not really the case with the crying one. That's why we replaced the old "you need a hug" with the crying face.

This change was more of an on a whim thing because we were having a hard time finding a good open source emoji to use for a crying face, because the ones from open source sets we were using looked really stupid. Since the original intent of the T_T reaction was to express sympathy, the decision was made to just go with a more general sympathy reaction rather than having a stupid looking crying face.

Take a look at this example and this other one. That's the kind of garbage we had to work with, so we went with something that would look decent and have broader usage than the crying face did.

Greenie

Here in the Void
SECURITY DEPARTMENT
Posting Speed
Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
Beginner, Elementary, Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
Male, Female, Androgynous, Primarily Prefer Female
Passive.
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, Supernatural, Horror
Genre You DON'T Like
Yaoi
If I recall correctly, lots of people didn't really like the T_T face either, especially when trying to sympathize with people. I expect the blue heart makes that easier.

Jays

Fealty to the Silence
DONATING MEMBER
BITE Fall Community Pick
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts a Week
Writing Levels
Prestige
Male, Primarily Prefer Male
You guys ever considered using the actual "T_T" text? As in the actual emote is basically just the text. It's not better than what we have now, it's just a curious thought. Fit exactly what you were trying to do too.

Jorick

A thought often makes us hotter than a fire.
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
Not Taking RP Invites at this Time
Posting Speed
One Post a Week, Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige, Douche, Adaptable
Male, Female
Usually aggressive, but can switch to passive if it makes sense for the character/scene.
Favorite Genres
Fantasy is my #1; I will give almost anything a chance if it has strong fantasy elements. Post apocalyptic, superhero, alternate history, science fantasy, some supernatural, romance, and a few fandoms (especially Game of Thrones) are also likely to catch my eye.
Genre You DON'T Like
Horror, western, pure slice of life.
You guys ever considered using the actual "T_T" text? As in the actual emote is basically just the text. It's not better than what we have now, it's just a curious thought. Fit exactly what you were trying to do too.
That would look extra stupid alongside the spiffy images we have for reactions. :P