Welcome Back to the Guild [continuation]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Leon breathed a sigh of relief when Muse showed up. So he was alive too. Neither of them had died due to Leon's actions or inactions, thank God for that. And if both Callum and Muse were still alive, then maybe, just maybe, the others were still alive too somewhere. Then all he needed to do was find them, and, and... No. Stay focused on the here and now. You've done this before, with horrible results. Stay focused, focused, focused, focused...
"Yes, what Gwazi said is correct," Leon said, gesturing at the portal that should still be somewhere behind them. "That portal leads to a strange circular room filled with several portals. One of them led us here, but we don't know where the other ones lead, or if it's even safe to go throught them. MK Ultra showed us which one was the right one, so we have him to thank for that. Right, little buddy?", he stated, crouching down to pet MK too.

"Anyway," Leon returned to the topic at hand, "can't we just go the way we came then, and check out a different portal? I mean, if all we want to do is to get out of here, that should be as good an option as anything else, right?" he continued. Seeing as he already returned back to the cave from this side once before, it should still work that way. "Then we could check out where the other portals go from the safety of that hub. Does that soud like a plan? Oh, and you propably don't want to leave the cavern system through the normal way. The... natives react pretty hostile to strangers on 'their' mountain. It shouldn't be a problem in the near future, but yeah. I'm just saying."

Rae took a deep breath, everyone was alive, she felt really tired all of a sudden but she didn't let it show, she just smiled as they talked. "i honestly want to know who made those portals, i doubt it was part of the original rp, it wouldn't make sense in the setting, but it was clearly made by someone so they'd have easy access to other rps..." she thought about it "it couldn't have been GM could it? he seems to be able to go wherever he wants whenever he wants ..." she glanced around at them "but i guess we should probably check them out, just to be safe?"

Callum looked between the three before shrugging. "Well seeing as I have no idea about these portals aside from me going through one once, and you guys seem to know of some sort of hub. Then, I say just go with Leon's plan. Seeing as it seems the safest" Callum looked around. "Again, just want to get out of this creepy spaceship. I feel like any second the thing is just going to jump out of nowhere and start eating me or something" He shivered as he remember the torn clothes on the chair.

"I mean, if we stay long enough. The creepiness is bound to gain....Plot Relevance, So, uh...let's not do that okay?" Callum clasped his hands together. it was starting to get cold. Though perhaps it was because he was standing still and thinking about it.

Listening to Rae, Callum flailed his hands up in the air. "I don't think we have a choice, plus...the worst thing they could are death traps that turn our vital organs into organic smoothies. Cause apparently third time the charm for death. Or something, I'm just rambling till we go forwards."

"A way out?" Muse echoed in response to Gwazi's question. "Dude, we're in space." he retorted. "Or… at least I think we're in space. Haven't exactly seen any windows, but, sure makes sense to say that what looks like a zombie survival-esque thing in a sci-fi setting would actually be in space where people can't escape." he explained. "So uh… yeah, can't exactly just walk over to the next RP." he shrugged. "And, wait, you summoned that dog with what?" he asked, not really grasping such an application of RP abilities. "Gah, it's not important right now — just explain it to me later." he added quickly.

"At any rate!" he continued, turning to the rest of the group. "Portals…" he said slowly, pausing as he seemed unsure of what exactly to say next. "Yeah, that… that sounds weird." he told them. "I've certainly never heard of anything like that before — and, you said there were 'natives'? So, is this… hub part of, like, an RP setting, or…?" he asked unsurely, not really knowing what to make of all this. "Anyway — if it's possible to go back, then, yeah, I say it's definitely worth looking into." he agreed. "And, even if those portals weren't so mysterious… Callum's right — we probably don't want to stick around here any longer than necessary." he added.

"B'sides — I trust this cat." he announced, smiling down at MK. "At the very least, he scares the pants off of GM, and — well, actually, saying it out loud now, I feel like such a thought should actually leave me rather terrified…" he contemplated. "But! He looks like he's on our side, at least, and, well, you know — 'enemy of my enemy is my friend' and all that." he rambled. "If he managed to lead you guys to me — something that I probably wouldn't have been able to do, at least not so well — then I'm sure he can guide us through a few more portals." he affirmed. "So, I say go for it! Lead the way~" he chirped, starting to walk back in the direction that the RPers had come from.

A short while later, the group arrived back at the hub room. "Okay," Leon said, "we don't know what's on the other side, and I'm the only one who can die without, well, dying, so... I'll go in first, like before. If I don't return, don't follow me." With that, Leon stepped through the portal... only to stop right in his tracks on the other side, then quickly backpedal through the portal. As it turned out, the portal led right into a volcano of some kind, complete with small lava lakes and everything. Luckily for Leon, the laws of the RP-verse didn't include such silly things as convection, meaning he didn't instantly burst into flames, although the dry native's clothing did end up somewhat scorched. The bits around his ankles in particular were smoking a bit, but nothing a couple of slaps to it wouldn't solve.
"Okay, let's not go through that portal," Leon muttered from his position on the ground. "Unless you guys like to swim in lava, that is." Leaving it at that, he pushed himself up from the ground and proceeded to scratch a large X on the ground with a nearby loose piece of rock. "Any portal marked with an X leads to unhappy locations. We probably shouldn't go through them unless we have no other choice at all."
After catching his breath again, Leon stepped through the next portal...
No way. This place... he knew this place. That lamp... Those books... The bloodstain on the ground where he had died... Yes, this was GM's place! But how? Did He already have access to so much of this new realm? ...No, GM could just go wherever He wanted to go, like Rae suggested. So... did He not know about the portal yet? If so... Maybe they could use this to their advantage somehow. Sneak into His bace, attack Him while He didn't expect it... Yeah. That might just work! Yes! Quickly, Leon returned through the portal once again. "Guys! You'll never guess where this portal leads..." Quickly, Leon explained that the portal lead right into GM's base for some reason, and that nobody seemed to be around at the moment. "I mean, I haven't really looked around, but... maybe we can sneak in and attack him or his PC while he's away? Or, well, something?"

Callum stared blankly at Leon as he announced where the portal went. His mouth hanged open, almost frozen at point. Before slowly, his face contorted into a grimace.

"Oh," Callum walked towards the portal. "You're just saying that through this portal is the GM's place. You know, the GM. The homicidal maniac who has attempted or tried to kill us. And his gaff is just through there! Just unguarded with no presence whatsoever!" Callum looked between his companions. "I'm sure in no way this is a death-trap. Where we will all die horrible deaths"

Staying silent for a few moment, Callum seemed to revert to staring blankly at everyone else. Before suddenly throwing his hands in the air. "But hey, fuck it! I'm hungry~" and with that Callum jumped through the portal onto the other side.

Looking around, Callum cracked a smile. "This is such a trap, calling it now"

Rae followed along quietly behind the rest, she was a little freaked by their surroundings and wanted to get out of there. she only relaxed little though when they got back to the hub. When Leon announced he would be checking portals she gently gave her consent, despite her apprehensions, they didn't really have a choice. she examined the portals as Leon headed for the first one. She'd looked at them before but thought she'd look at the details more now.
Then Leon came right back out and mentioned lava. honestly, she was tempted, she had fire powers, therefore, logically, she would be immune to fire. it made sense to her anyway. 'Maybe later though...' she thought, as Leon went into the next portal, and backtracked out quickly again.
"More lava?" she asked, but then he mentioned GM's lair "what...?" she glanced at the portal "that goes right to his lair...?" she looked around at the others, suddenly terrified "is it a good idea to attack him like that? he kicked our asses last time, he nearly killed us, i certainly haven't gotten any better with my fire magic, and none of us are fully recovered from that fight" she glanced around "but... what do you guys think?"

Gwazi's look like the others was originally a bit shocked at the news, but that shocked look quickly changed to a grin as he exclaimed "So you're telling me we got the GM's secret base? In other words, learn the campaign in advance? See all the note's he would have? Gold Mine! With us we might be able to find a weakness, let's go!" before rushing in the portal after the others.

Like Rae, Muse was considerably hesitant about just waltzing straight into GM's domain, but, since several RPers had already gone through, he certainly couldn't just let them head into that danger zone by themselves. Very reluctantly, he soon followed suit.

As Leon might recall, GM's base was originally merely a makeshift dwelling that he'd made for himself out of what was once a dorm room in an academy RP. The room that the portal led into was not that, though — just a large open space that GM had added at a moment's notice (though the original room was still partially visible beyond the 'doorway' that didn't even have a real door in it). The large room was still mainly undecorated save for the mess left by Leon's "beta testing", though at least GM had bothered to dispose of the torn-up corpse, it seemed. And despite the interest GM had expressed earlier in interior design, the walls, ceiling, and floor were still an undecorated dark blue. As Muse cautiously entered the room, he noticed that it was eerily silent — a bit echoey, even, in the large room — with the only audible sounds being the RPers' voices.

"I'd keep the enthusiasm down a bit if I were you." he warned Gwazi. "No telling what we might find in here…"

Peering into the next room, the more dorm-like area certainly contrasted quite a bit with the more wide-open space that they'd entered from. Muse scanned the room for any sight of a computer, but, upon finding what he was searching for, he froze up with fear.

"Guys!" he whispered to the others. "Keep your voices down!" Still standing in the doorway, he pointed shakily to what he saw.

Sprawled out across one of the beds was the sleeping GM, lying perfectly still save for his own breathing. Lying on his stomach with his head turned to the side, he slept with his mouth hung lazily open and headphones in his ears — with those headphones plugged into the laptop that sat closed at his side, held close to his chest by his arm that lay sprawled over it.

Callum smirked as Rae spoke, "Well yeah, but this is now. This time we just aim for the jugular. And, well...you'll have me this time" He replied before following Muse. Who had frozen in his tracks for some reason. That reason became immediately clear when Callum looked at what he was staring at.

Oh

His face became blank for a moment, before he smiled in anger. "Well, I know we were looking for the laptop to do...whatever we need to do. But, the way I see it-" A scythe appeared in his hand as he whispered. "We can just kill him and it end this right here"

"Hey, don't just run in!," Leon called out from the hub room. "We're trying to sneak, not proclaim our presence to everyone in a ten-mile radius". Then again, maybe GM had already taken some other measures to know if people entered his domain even when they were trying to be all stealthy, which would mean speed would be far more efficient than stealth. Unless that was exactly what GM wanted them to think, and the only alarm was psychological in nature. Unless...! ...Okay, now he was just going in circles again.. Shaking his head, Leon stepped through the portal again too, closing the ranks this time. Honestly, Leon really didn't like to be here -- for good reason, considering his experiences the last time he was here. Still, nobody had thought of any better plan than messing with GM's computer, which was best done while he was away, so... if nothing else, they could always just run like all hell? ...Wait, was that about keeping their voices down? Of course they had to keep their voices down, considering they were trying to sneak around. So why did Muse feel the need to mention it? Unless... Oh, god no.
Oh, you've got to be kidding me. Can't they ever catch a break? Here they were, right next to the laptop that was their target, and yet it might as well be miles away. Furthermore, if Leon tried to just run away, he might very well wake Him up, which would end very messily for everyone involved. Which left Leon stuck between the proverbial rock and a hard place. If only there was a way to get the laptop without waking GM... But try as he might, Leon simply couldn't find any, at least not anything that was safe to the people around them. What to do, what to do... There HAD to be something they could do! "So... what now?" Leon whispered, forcing himself to stay somewhat calm by squeezing the back of his neck. "I assume we can't simply slit his throat while he's sleeping, huh?", he added a more violent solution to their problems, his voice betraying a (very reasonable) combination of fear and hatred to the person in front of them, making it hard to figure out whether the suggestion was serious a It-can't-possibly-be-this-easy-kind of sarcasm. Ironically, his suggestion, serious or not, came at the same time Callum suggested to do exactly that; the latter's physical action making it clear that at least he was dead serious about it.

Rae sighed. she figured she didn't really have a choice and quickly stepped through the portal, being silent as they all looked around. she didn't like it as soon as she saw it, the room was just creepy, it was too big and too empty. she didn't like the way the guys' voices seemed to echo, what if GM was around? it could give them away instantly. Muse told them to keep their voices down and she saw GM. she suppressed a groan merely because she didn't want to be heard. what were they going to do now? getting that laptop wasn't going to be easy.
then Callum summoned a scythe and Leon suggested slitting his throat. she sighed lightly "stop letting your testosterone get the better of you" she looked over at the sleeping GM "A) you would still have to get close enough without getting caught, and B) when has anything in this world been that easy?" she crossed her arms, keeping her voice low "we need to think about this logically" she glanced around "and we should probably discuss this more then 5 feet away from GM"

"Logically, he's more vulnerable now than he's ever been before. If we ever wish to stop GM this is our chance" Gwazi interjected quietly. He took one last sweeping look of the room to make sure it wasn't a trap before continuing "I mean even if he wakes up, unlikely if we're quiet about it, we still have him caught off guard, and without any preparation. The only thing holding us back is fear". So silently pulling out his own sword he finished "So I agree, we should aim for the Jugular. Whose the most stealthy of us here though?".

Callum frowned at Rae, "Doesn't matter, If I just run up now there's no way he'll wake up before well....his head is lobbed off." His eyes increasling racing between the sleeping GM and the others. He let out a sigh, "Look" He whispered urgently. "If I can just kill him now, then this is it. I'm not going to miss on our best chance just because we were hesitant. Plus, if your worrying is about one of us dying then well." He turned slightly, poking Leon on the chest.

"I'm sure he'll be fine"

"I'm sure he'll be fine"
From Leon's perspective, it seemed as if time was frozen. Did they really expect him to kill GM personally? But... There was no way he could do that. He could lead the others to GM, he could run away, but to personally stand up to him... He was just too scared. But at the same time, he coudn't back out anymore, not when they were standing right next to HIm. No... He had to do this... "Okay, I'll do it", Leon whispered, his voice trembling just as bad as his body. Biting his lip, Leon slowly walked over to GM, quivering all over while simultaneously trying to be as silent as possible, holding his blade in a more defensive position than offensive. YoucandothisYoucandothisYoucandothisYoucandothis...

Given what an intimidating presence GM could be even in his sleep, the thought of killing him so easily would have never even occurred to Muse. It just couldn't be that simple, and yet, it seemed like it was…? Looking around at the other group members, Muse saw some mixed reactions, but Callum in particular seemed adamant about going through with it. "Listen, guys, I don't know if this is a good idea." Muse spoke up. "There's gotta be a catch to this, like, I dunno, just… something." he rambled, although it was clear that he didn't have any real counter-argument. Gwazi may have been right about this logically being a good idea, but Muse didn't always find logic to be too trustworthy — not in a world like this, and not against an enemy like GM.

Speaking of disobeying logic, it occurred to him that now would be a great time to look for a sign from the cat. …Hey, wait, where is the cat? he asked silently, looking around and seeing that MK didn't seem to be in the room with them. Did he not follow us…? he wondered. Muse would've voiced his concerns and perhaps suggested that someone search for him, but, they had bigger concerns at the moment.

It then seemed like Leon had been chosen as the one to do the deed. Muse opened his mouth to protest, but, Callum was right — if anyone could try this sort of thing risk-free, it was Leon. Slowly moving towards the back of the group, Muse watched on warily.

Once Leon had inched close enough, and the bladed weapon had come within a certain radius… it only took the blink of an eye for Leon to be pinned down to the floor with fangs lodged into his throat, being torn apart by what should've come across as a rather familiar canine, if Leon had any time to process what happened.

GM let out an exclamation of pain as the wolf trampled across his sleeping body to get to Leon. "Augh that was my back you stupid, fucking…" he muttered in a still half-asleep state. As he started to sit up, the laptop slid off the side of the bed and landed with an awkward thump — while the still-plugged-in headphones yanked at GM's head as they went down with it, giving him yet another thing to be pissed off about.

"Now what the fuck," he spat angrily, whipping his headphones aside as the glow of his left eye flickered on. "Is this all a-fucking-bout-" he froze has his gaze landed on the RPers, not sure whether he was more shocked by their mere presence orby the idiotic bravery of them coming here. "Did… Leo never tell you… he helped me make a wolf?" he asked somewhat rhetorically, Rin continuing to tear apart at Leon's body. "…How nice of him to come back and test that nighttime defense thing I was working on."

"Oh, Leon would you hurry up" Callum watched impatiently, with an uneasy posture. His frown deepened at Muse's comment, "Well yeah, probably. But, we have to hope don't we?" He responded, But when he looked a lack of Leon. After a second of suprise, his eyes went slightly downwards to the wolf mauling Leon to death.

"Ah..."

Callum eyes darted back up to see the GM's body started to move. His turned around, somewhat shaking he smiled nervously. "You guys should probably get that thing huh?" Taking a few shallow breaths, he swung back around to the GM rather bemused face.

"Well-" He shrugged dramatically. "Didn't know you needed a night-time defence. For someone who calls themselves a god that's kind of a..." Seeming to move his hands about in a way that seemed like he was throwing an invisible ball between his hands, Callum smiled. "Coward thing to do isn't it?" His eyes moved to the wolf who was still destroying whatever was left of Leon. Moving his right hand behind his back, he sighed. "Meh"

Rae watched with immense apprehension as Leon moved forward. she was probably shaking as much as she was, with her staff held awkwardly she waited for something to go wrong because she 99% sure it would. as such she saw the wolf seconds before it attacked Leon, that was not nearly enough time to warn him and she let out a tiny gasp as it tackled him to the floor. she instinctively huddled closer to whichever member was closest to her, which happened to be Muse. 'i told you so' she thought, a little bitterly, trying very hard not to look at Leon's body.

when Gm started getting up and looked at them she paled considerably and through massive effort kept herself from hiding behind Muse, cause it really wouldn't do any good. then Callum started talking and she held back a groan, i mean he made a valid point but GM could smite them where they stood. Rae took a deep breath and reached for her magic, preparing for a fight, as Callum's hand went behind his back. "what are you doing?" she whispered, hoping GM wouldn't hear her. she looked at Muse "what do we do?" she was starting to freak out as GM watched them and she honestly didn't have a plan to get out of this, she just kept building up the magic in her chest.

Seeing the events that were happening they're plan was clearly sunk. They were spotted, and now already down one man. But still, there were close, at the GM's home, this could be the best time to push. But at the same time the rest of the group didn't benefit from respawns, and risking those lives on a desperate attempt isn't wise. So the second Leon would respawn Gwazi would kick a nearby piece of furniture towards the GM and his pets before streaching his arms out to grab all the others and push them back in the direction they came from "Let's go!".

As fast as sudden as the attack came, Leon's brain still had time to realize how utterly screwed they all were. They wouldn't be able to run, not with GM wide awake. And fighting Him was impossible too; they were still far to weak. In short... they were... screw-

When Leon respawned in a nearby corner, he didn't scream. He didn't try to apologize to GM, or otherwise try to make up to him. He didn't try to attack his attacker, try to get the computer, or do literally anything else, really. Instead, he just blankly stared in front of him. I knew we shouldn't have gone up against GM. IknewitIknewitIknewitIknewit... When Gwazi dragged him back into the previous room, he neither resisted nor helped, far too much locked in his stupor to actually do anything. Whatnowwhatnowwhatnowwhatnow...