Weatherbrook: The Truth is Waiting (OoC and Sign-Ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
d4814622db08781ec40b8580f2074039.jpg

Name: Alice Keller

Age: Considered very young in terms of her species, approximately 18 by human standards.

Species: Night Haunt

Night Haunts are an incredibly rare species that have existed for as long as there has been sentient life. The fact that they have gone undetected is perhaps not so surprising when considering the way that they exist – by wearing the faces of the dead. Though honestly quite macabre and more than a little disturbing, Night Haunts as a species aren't aggressive. They don't cause death or even influence it in any way. Rather, they use their ability to detect the recently deceased within the area and travel there within moments – speed not being an issue while in their true forms – and take on the person's memories, effectively becoming them. They are perhaps the most perfect identity thieves in existence.

While a Night Haunt's true form is impossibly fast and immune to any sort of damage, it is also where they are most vulnerable. Night Haunts cannot exist by themselves, eventually fading away into nothing if they do not feed before then.

As the world around them changed, the risks posed to them increased exponentially. And as any species faced with the dilemma of time, they had no choice but to adapt and evolve. With great care and concentration, they could modify the appearances of their host – not completely, but enough to make it theirs. This was probably the closest they would get to becoming their own person. Of course, there are always costs that needed to be paid. Their once long life spans shortened drastically, giving the older ones a year at maximum before they needed to feed again or risk nonexistence. For the younger ones, it was as short as a couple of months.

Apart from their incredible resilience, they don't have any special powers or strengths.

Bio: Alice was born a Night Haunt, though of course that wasn't her name then. With the help of others, she rapidly acclimated into human society. Having completed five cycles up until now, she's knowledgeable enough about the modern world to survive on her own though she's still very young. The girl hasn't yet had enough experience to decide who she is unlike her older cousins that have had centuries to develop their own habits and preferences. Because of this, she's very open minded towards new experiences, constantly growing and changing and fascinated with what life has to offer. Though she tries hard to reign it in and act natural, so to speak, there are times when her excitement or curiosity gets the better of her and she slips up, making her appear quirky or just plain odd in others eyes.

While she was meddling in something she wasn't supposed to, she came across an intriguing message left by someone named X. The fact that other entities – both harmful and passive – existed in their world didn't come as a surprise to her. After all, she was one herself. The more she thought about this message, the more it piqued her interest. She found the idea of a bunch of humans running around trying to find out what lived in the shadows both amusing and commendable at the same time. As a general rule, her kind didn't meddle in human affairs – especially ones like these. She told herself she was joining to keep an eye on them and to make sure they weren't found out, but really, a bigger part of it was due to her own curiosity.

Weapons: I haven't really decided on a weapon yet. My character doesn't exactly seem like the sort of person who'd be hauling an arsenal around.

Other:

The truth is waiting out there. All that's left to do is club it over the head and drag it back home kicking and screaming.

No, the past week's just been busy for me ^^;

Ah, no worries^^ I'll just wait for an opportunity for Alice to jump in there.

Posting tomorrow, sorry about the lack of activity

Reactions: Ravenbelle
Sorry about the delay, got sidetracked and couldn't find the post ><

It'll be up tonight for sure

• Thank You
*NOTE: Read this before you read my newest IC post, as it explains something that I decided to run with*

Before anyone starts asking how a Reptillian spoke English, I forgot to mention in my sheet that Matthew's probe allows anyone within a 10 metre radius of it to automatically translate any language in their mind into their primary dialect (in this case, Reptillian - English). It's like how the TARDIS from Doctor Who translates alien languages, it just makes communication between multiple species easier. It only works when a creature speaks a different language, however. Grunts/screams aren't translated for obvious reasons. Matt will explain this ICly in my next post, but I thought I reached a pretty good point in the plot for us to have some 'we did it' interaction.

This has been updated in my character sheet, I just forgot to add it intiailly when I filled it out. My bad xD

• Thank You
@mr_pibbs
oh hey where's Nibbles? has he been holding on to Matt's shoulder this whole time?

Oh crap xD

Uh, yeah! Totally! He's totally been with Matt the entire time...

*sneaks off to edit the post*

• Thank You
Great posts c:

Not entirely sure when to jump in... Suggestions, anyone?

Also, I would really appreciate it if the images, especially big ones, could be hidden in a spoiler in the future. I'm on my phone and large pictures seem to dislike me.

Great posts c:

Not entirely sure when to jump in... Suggestions, anyone?

Also, I would really appreciate it if the images, especially big ones, could be hidden in a spoiler in the future. I'm on my phone and large pictures seem to dislike me.

I'd say she could join us right now, or perhaps wen they get back to the town in the next post?

And noted! ^^

I'm sorry I've been busy with work!

Come baaaaack I miss you all! :'c

Sorry I am headed there right now!

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.