Weatherbrook: The Truth is Waiting (OoC and Sign-Ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_pibbs

The One True Pibbles
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
image-jpg.80977

Weatherbrook; A small town located in northern Massachusetts. Nationally known for its famous landmarks such as Herrington Manor, Dark Pine Woods, Boggy Creek, Buckwater Beach (leading into Lake Devlin), and for having the "best pies in America".
But it's also known world-wide due to it's dark origins.

Back in 1776, the settlement of Weatherbrook was built by a small group from the Massachuset people. At first, the chieftain didn't want to come anywhere near the forested area, claiming he had spoken with an Algonquin shaman (during a fur trade) who told him of a terrible demon known as the Wendigo. The Wendigo was said to be a cannibalistic demon that had an insatiable appetite for human flesh. Although he and the Algonquin man had different beliefs, the shaman explained that even if the chief didn't believe in the Wendigo, it was an undeniable fact that there was still something evil in the forest.

Despite his warnings against it, the settlement was built and the tribesmen made good use of the land. The creek and lake were both perfect for fishing and gathering drinking water and the surrounding forest provided plenty of wildlife and berries for food. But that same winter, there was a terrible storm the likes of which the Massechuset people were terribly unprepared for. Food was scarce and the lake froze over. The Natives had to survive by eating a combination of snow, leaves, and whatever animals they could find (if they were lucky). People were starving or sick, and the chief reminded the people all of how he had warned them not to come here. Fearing for his people, he set out for assistance for a nearby Settler town, putting his son in charge of the tribe in his absence. But a dark sickness had come over the chief's son. The severe starvation had changed him into something terrible... Or, something terrible had changed him.

When the chieftain retuned with a carriage of food and medicene, he was met with a gruesome sight: the entire village had been brutally slaughtered... and eaten. Searching for what terrible creature had done such an act, the chief was shocked to discover that his son was responsible. He had even killed his mother, cut open her stomach, and partially devoured his unborn brother (stopping only because his father found him).

Immediately, the chieftan knew that something was not right. His son had never even hunted an animal, let alone another human. But to a Wendigo, there was no distinction between man and beast. So, using a ritual he learned from the Algonquin shaman, the chief bound his son's hands and feet with rope and laid him flat against the ground. Chanting the holy words, the chief attempted to cast out the Wendigo. But nothing worked. Finally, he was forced to kill his own son, using a rifle he received from the settlers long ago to make the execution as quick and painless as possible. But, since he did not exercise the demon... The Wendigo's spirit remained.

The chieftain used his time remaining on this Earth to warn those who dared to pass within a hundred miles of the area to stay away, fearing that the Wendigo was still at large. He even claimed that the souls of his murdered people were returning, taking on hideous and demonic forms as a result of the Wendigo's evil. But when he died of tuberculosis ten years later, there was nothing preventing the settlers from moving in. They built houses, a church, and created the town known today as Weatherbrook.

In the years that followed its creation, Weatherbrook was subject to all kinds of strange and supernatural events. During the famous Salem Witch Trials, the people of Weatherbrook discovered an actual coven of witches preparing to sacrifice a young girl to appease the Dark Lord. They were convinced and hung before the ritual could be completed. Shortly after, reports of strange howling and blood curling screeching echoing from the woods caused a panic, forcing the people to believe that werewolves and vampires lurked in the dark. Then came the strange lights in the sky, the large grey beings with black eyes, the ghost sightings, the lake monsters, and so much more. It seemed like every year there was a different report of strange and terrible phenomena...

But then one day, it all stopped.

No more sounds in the night, no more strange lights, no more sightings, and no more attacks. Things were fine for the next hundred years, all the way until this year... But quite mysteriously, it started again.

However, since the strange events began, there have also been strange markings and riddles scattered throughout Weatherbrook by somebody called "X". By decoding X's secret code, a specific group of people managed to decipher a hidden message by the young man, saying that he was assembling a team to take on the supernatural forces at work:

As you load up the video, a dark room comes into view. There is a closed window at the back of the room and a bed positioned on its left. Aside from the window and the bed frame, the only other thing the camera can see is a young man with messy brown hair. He sits in front of the screen for a moment before adjusting the camera on top of his laptop. He licks his lips nervously and looks to his side. Quickly, he gets up and makes sure the window is properly closed. He opens the blinds for a moment before shutting them again and moving back to the desk chair. Clearing his throat, the boy begins to speak in a low voice.

"If you're watching this, then you've managed to decipher my code. Those who managed to do so, you know exactly what I'm about to say. First off, I am "X". For the past few months I've been monitoring strange phenomena in the small town of Weatherbrook, Massachusetts. People have been reporting all kinds of weird stuff lately: being abducted by aliens, werewolf attacks, possessions, monster sightings... You get the idea. But as I've learned, this isn't a new thing: it's been going on for years. This stuff dates back all the way to the 1800's, when Weatherbrook as we know it was founded by a Cult. They practiced all kinds of insane rituals to summon demons and the like, but eventually the Protestants came in and wiped them out. Ever since then, Weaterbrook's been experiencing almost anything and everything one might imagine when they hear the words 'supernatural phenomena'.

I can't talk for long, I'm pretty sure that tonight there will be another 'visitation', so here's the bottom line: I spread this code around town to see who was intelligent enough to help me out. I've been studying the town's history for a while now, looking into the past attacks and strange events and I'm thinking that we need to do something. I think that we, the people of Weatherbrook, need to form an elite group of hunters to protect the town from these threats... I know many of you will think I'm insane. Trust me, I'm having a hard time believing it myself. But... Maybe this will convince you."

Just then, X reaches underneath his desk. Being very gentle, he lifts a small fuzzy creature covered in brown and white hair with large, bat-like ears.

"This... Well, it's a Mogwai. Turns out Joe Dante unintentionally made a film about real creatures... This little guy was kept in Tennorman's Pet Shop, but I found it before somebody else did. Unfortunately, I don't think it's the only one in town... But this should be enough proof that something weird is going on."

From outside the window, the faint noise of a blood-curling scream is picked up on camera. Both X and the Mogwai turn their heads, shocked at the sound. Quickly, X turns back to the camera while the Mogwai looks up at the boy, clearly frightened. In a rather adorable motion, it grabs the sleeve of his shirt and buries its face into the fabric.

"Banshee. Most likely the one that's been lingering around Herrington Manor. It's mostly dormant, contained in a metal box bound with chains and with a cross lain on top of it... Needless to say, I kind of took care of that one. For the time being. But this is why I need help; I can't do it on my own. So, those who want the town to be kept safe from these things, meet me outside Boggy Creek in three days. I'll be there around midnight... And, come prepared with a weapon: there's Reptillians in the water."

X then nods at the camera before reaching a hand over it, ending the video.

So now that you have deciphered his message... Will you join him in his seemingly impossible task? If you're brave enough, go to Boggy Creek. And remember:

The truth, is waiting...

-------

Rules:

1. No GMing. We don't want any Mary-Sues or Gary-Sues

2. Maximum of 2 Active Characters per person. Any more needs approval by a GM.

2 1/2. Please use Real images for your characters, unless otherwise specified (supernatural forms for YC are allowed to be non-real images, but all humans must be real).

3. Characters can and WILL die, but please ASK somebody before you attempt to kill their character rather then just say "Your guy is dead."

4. Keep it PG-13!! Romance and Lovey-Dovey stuff is fine, as well as the occasional innuendo, but take smut scenes to PM, please. Also, violence is allowed, but please don't rip out a guys entrails and hold them above his head while he slowly dies. We're not monsters (but some of us secretly are :3)

6. Each member of the RP will eventually become a member of the "Paranormal and Supernatural Investigation Squad" (P.S.I.S. pronounced "PSI's")

6. You just realized there is no 5 and went back to check :3 SPOOOOOKY!

7. Your character is allowed two "supernatural" weapons if you so choose (tech designed by aliens or something else like a magic book/scroll), but make sure that it has limits so we can keep things fair. Also, unless you're specifically trained to use it, you shouldn't really know how to use such a weapon right off the bat, so have them learn from experience.

8. Post at least two paragraphs each time (more is fantastic though). I get how writers block can be, and trust me, nobody is safe from it.

9. GM posts will be announced (these include plot movers, class/school events, end/start of school day, or even the death/introduction of a new character)

10. If you've read through all of this, then in the 'Other' section of your character sheet, include the sentence "The truth, is waiting".

11. Please make PvP combat fair. It really sucks when somebody unleashes their ultimate power and freezes the other person's foot to the floor, then proceed to just punch the crap out of their immobile opponent. In addition, GM moves will NOT be allowed inside PvP combat unless approved/announced in a GM event.

12. Enjoy the RP to the best of your ability!!

-------

Character Sheet

Appearance: (Real Images for human appearance, feel free to use drawn/other ones in case your character has another appearance such as an Alien or a monster)

Name: (Self Explanatory. First and Last, middle is optional).

Age: (17-24. Some creatures are an exception, such as Ghosts or Aliens. But make sure you clear it with me first)

Species: (Human, or something else?)

Bio: (Not much, just about two-three paragraphs worth. Make sure to include how you became a supernatural creature if you're playing something other than a human).

Weapons: (Baseball bats, crowbars, alien tech, spell books, claws and teeth; whatever you use to fight the monsters. Maximum of 2).

Other: (Any additional information you might want to share. Maybe you're a pacifist, or perhaps you're skeptical about the whole supernatural creatures thing).

-------​

My Character Sheet

image.jpg
Name:

Matthew "Matt" Anderson

Species:

Human

Bio:

Growing up with his mother and younger sister, life was pretty normal for Matthew. His father went away to fight in the Afghanistan War when Matt was a baby, but never came back, so his mom had to raise him by herself. During his childhood and well into his current age, Matthew was always a big softie. When he was little, he was kind to the girls he knew and stood up for them when boys picked on them. However, his shyness and awkward nature towards girls often landed him as the "butt" of the jokes the boys made: literately. He was constantly picked on and bullied throughout his younger years and well into his high-school days.

That situation didn't change as Matthew grew older. "Supernatural Boy" and "Monster Matty" were among a few of the names he was called for his strong belief in strange phenomena. Ever since he was little, he had been completely enthralled with the history of Weatherbrook. The alien visitations, the paranormal events; everything. But, it also terrified him. Nobody confirmed that such things had ever happened, but he was positive that they did and he was determined to prove it.

So, two years out of high school, Matt began his search just as the paranormal events began happening again. It was just the chance he was looking for. Armed with only his flashlight and a baseball bat, Matt wandered off into the woods in search of some mysterious lights rumoured to appear at midnight. Sure enough, the lights came and soon after, he saw the long, slender figures of three alien life forms. They wandered around for a while, seemingly studying the forest, but eventually the group found a small pig roaming around. Watching them closely, Matt witnessed the aliens tear the pig apart with an array of tools all powered by a strange orange energy. They dissected the pig, analyzed its brutalized corpse, and then left like nothing had happened. When the lights receded and the ship disappeared into the sky, Matt was left horrified by what he had witnessed. He wanted to find these beings... But he never imagined that they would be so brutal. That's when he realized the gravity of the situation; if the alien visitors were so brutal in simply studying a pig's body, then any of the other creatures that existed could be insanely brutal.

From that point on, Matt worked on preparing for the end. He collected books on cryptology, studied every theory, myth and legend involving the supernatural and analyzed every movie on the subject. Matt gathered anything and everything he required for a potential attack from any kind of supernatural creature. Some called him paranoid, but he was just prepared. Adopting the nickname of "X", Matt worked on containing and neutralizing the threats he could find, but he knew it was too dangerous to go at it alone. So, he created the 'P.S.I.S code', an ARPG experience which he spread across Weatherbrook in secret. A combination of riddles, questions, and secret messages were created to help conceal his identity and his true intent from anyone who sought to destroy his town and his world. Once deciphered, the clues would lead straight to a website with a live streamed video set for a specific day. X would make his first in-person appearance... And it was going to be one for the record books.

Weapons:

While Matthew doesn't completely understand what these weapons do in the grand scheme of things, he does know some of the more basic actions.

• "The Power Glove"

image.jpg

After finding an alien contact living within Weatherbrook, Matthew managed to get his hands on this valuable piece of tech. It had two primary modes, both of which his contact showed him how to access: Pulse Burst (settings 1 and 2), and Gravity Beam. The Pulse Burst (on setting 1) is the actual 'weapon' setting and fires off a short blast of high-powered alien energy from a repulser attached to the palm of the glove. Matt realized that the longer he held down the repulser, the more powerful the blast would be. On setting 2, the same process occurs, but the weapon now only stuns anything it hits, shocking them with what is essentially a bio-EMP.

While using the Gravity Beam, the glove becomes a useful tool. Mostly it acts like a grappling hook, using a plasma beam to latch onto anything with a flat surface (but leaving small burns behind on anything that isn't metal). The gravity beam can also be used to pull/push objects away from the user. Again, the beam comes from the repulser pad on the glove's palm. This mode is non-lethal and isn't normally used for attacking, but the heat generated by the beam can cause serious burns if it touches organic matter.

• "It's not a Probe, alright!"

image.jpg

After acquiring the "Power Glove" as he called it, Matthew struck out for the forest to apprehend the aliens once more, knowing that they would return. This time, he brought his recently found Mogwai as bait, knowing they couldn't possibly resist studying a creature like it. So he waited until they arrived and when they did, he set the glove for stun and zapped them both. Knowing he had at least twenty minutes before they regained consciousness, Matt quickly got to work examining the ship and their bodies. He found that they hadn't abducted any human beings (yet) and that they came from the Nebula Rectuli solar system. Taking photos of their maps, equipment, weapons and even the dissected body of a rat they had been studying, Matt was just about to leave when he saw one of the aliens carrying a small silver device. Intrigued by it, Matt reached down to examine the device just as the alien began to move. Unsure about what to do, Matt was about to run when he accidentally hit a switch on the item, creating a large orange flash. The aliens stood there, perplexed about something, before they spoke to him in plain English. They asked where they were and why they were out in the woods. That's when Matt realized the device had mind-wiping capabilities. He informed the aliens that they were just about to leave. Agreeing with the boy, the aliens went peacefully into the night, totally unaware that he not only erased their memories, but also stole one of their tools.

To this day he isn't completely sure about all of its settings, but his alien contact explained it was a scientific 'probe' that the aliens used for almost anything. So far, he's discovered these settings:

• Scanning for Lifeforms (light at the end flashes when something is close, the speed of the flashes depend on the threat level. Uses the users DNA to determine what is a 'threat'.)

• Memory Wipe (erases the last two hours from the target's memory, but only if the target is looking at the flash when it occurs.

• Magnet (doesn't need much of an explanation, but can also help find hidden metal structures)

• Compass (Tells the user which is North, south, east, and west by changing colours from Orange (N), Red (S), Green (E) and Blue (W).)

• Detect/Sabotage Electrical Equipment (Helps locate any hidden technology and, if the user chooses so, can emit a sonic pulse at a high frequency to destroy the equipment from the inside).

Other:

Matthew found a Mogwai in his travels and rather then isolating and containing it like he had done with some of the other creatures, he kept it as a pet of sorts. He now calls it "Nibbles" and keeps the creature with him at all times, obeying the rules so it doesn't become a Gremlin.

Matthew also has personal connections with a few of the paranormal creatures roaming around Weatherbrook, all of whom have been confirmed as 'friendly'.

He also hates it when people refer to the alien science device as a "probe", even though it is clearly a probe. Matt just doesn't like the idea of referencing something that, in the past, was jammed into rear-ends. (His model was never used for that purpose)

Although his mother, Anabelle, is a well respected member of the Weatherbrook community, there is little to no information about Matt's younger sister, Madeline. Matthew refuses to speak to anyone about his family, especially his sister.

The truth, is out there.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ravenbelle
45638-Emma-Stone-its-a-trap-gif-noHW.gif
americas_sweetheart_emma_stone_640_11.jpg

"I am not as stupid as I look you know."

Character Name:
Caelina Summers
Species:
Human
Weapons:
7ee11a41c3101f60cadf276c12552e16.jpg

The Scanner (was gifted to her by her neighbors its a little corroded but still works)
-Detect/Sabotage Electrical Equipment (Helps locate any hidden technology and, if the user chooses so, can emit a sonic pulse at a high frequency to destroy the equipment from the inside).
-Scanning for Lifeforms (light at the end flashes when something is close, the speed of the flashes depend on the threat level. Uses the users DNA to determine what is a 'threat'.)
9jqftf.jpg

EMP Blaster(self made)
Emits an EMP Blast that disorients the target or makes equipment stop working all together
General Personality:
Caelina is trusting, intelligent, enthusiastic, and kind, and at times lovestruck. Despite being wealthy, she does not have the same snobby or vain personality that her parents have. She can also sometimes be a helpless damsel-in-distress, clumsily getting caught by the monster on most occasions
History:
Caelina grew up with her parents, who were never around much other than buying her things just to say that they care about her. This lead to her being a very lonely child who did not associate with others. Her parents would always leave her with the mansion's staff who became more like family to her than her own parents. When she went through elementary school she was bullied and picked on because of her red hair and tomboyish appearance. While she was in middle school she decided that she wanted to take martial arts so she could defend herself if she were to be picked on again, but when she reached high school she changed donning a more girly look taking on the persona of a ditzy girl who didn't know right from left, underneath she was brilliant.
She graduated early at almost 17 years old.
She was on a website when a random code popped up on her screen in little to know time she had it cracked. One of her computer screens popped up with a video. That was how she was roped into taking care of the paranormal happenings in the town. She was more attuned to the things than normal people because she was younger she realized she was a medium ans she stumbled upon her neighbors who turned out not to be entirely human. She came to be close with her neighbors and they gave her all sorts of things.

Reading

Chocolate

Her Friends

Cooking

Helping to solve the mysteries

Purple
Dislikes:

Monsters

Being separated from her friends for to long

Bullies

Liars

Secrets
Relationship Status:
None at the moment but is open

(Let me know if i need to add/change anything I hope its good)
The truth is out there you know.

Last edited:
new_seth_geco_tattoo_by_gothicfantasyguild-d794edj.png

Drake Forester

Species: Human

Bio:
Born and raised in Weatherbrook, both his parents taught at the high school. He was raised strike, both his parents also being coaches at said high school, and Drake was a starting linebacker for the team. He was one of the best in the state, getting scholarships across the country, but his first encounter robbed him of the opportunity.
Drake was out with 4 other friends, partying, drinking, and having a good time in the woods. A small fire was lit and the group were chatting when Drake heard something in the woods. The boys quieted down, and Drake and a friend slowly made their way towards the bush. Checking it out, they were satisfied with finding nothing. As the two headed back towards the camp, Drake felt a sharp pain in his calf. Falling to the ground, Drake stared in horror at some sort of wolf creature (Werewolf) gripping his leg, its claws piercing his leg. Kicking the monster in the face, he started to crawl backwards, as the monster reached for him again. The creature was suddenly hit in the face by Drakes friend, who held a tree branch in hand.

The creature turned on the young man and lunged at him, and dragged him off into the woods.
By the time the other found Drake, his friend was gone. The police ruled it off as a coyote attack, but Drake was left with a scar and a piece of his calf muscle torn.

Drake was convinced he had alittle to much to drink and saw the creature instead of the coyote, but a part of him always wondered if it was a werewolf or not. Drake decided to stick close to home, and became an officer at the police department at the age twenty.
Responding to a noise disturbance, Drake had to head into the forest, where "It sounded like a jet crashing." The night was illuminated by Drakes flashlight for a while, an he held a hand on his hand gun loosely. Drake was confused at first when a small blue light started to glow in the trees off the path. Drake called out to a figure holding the light, and drawing his fire arm, the figure fired. A blue light flew past his head and hit the tree with a crackle. Firing his own pistol, he clipped the alien, and the alien returned fire. Being hit in the leg, he fell to a knee. A second bolt hit his shoulder. Firing three more rounds, he hit the monster in chest with all three. The creature hit the ground behind with a bush with a thud. Drake felt his muscles loosen up after a few minutes, and after investigating the alien figure, he found his first artifact, the "Shockwave".

He kept the encounter hidden from his family and friends, feeling they would think he was crazy. He did keep the Shockwave though. Now twenty three, he responded to another call. He pulled up to a building on the outskirts of town. It looked like a small storage building. Deciding to put the Shock Wave to the test incase it got dangerous, he brought it along. Knocking on the door, he waited before answering. Traveling down a hallway, and through another door, he was surprised to find a women tied to a cross, her stomach split open and her blood drained into a bathtub.
Before he could react, Drake was hit in the chest by a tall man in strange, medieval like armor. Landing on his back, Drake looked up at the man as he walked towards the officer. Blood dripped from his gauntlet. Snapping back to reality, Drake raised "Shock Wave" and fired on the first setting. Each wave of energy seemed to dissipate against the armor. Setting it to the second mode, Drake fired twice more, this time it hit the armor with a thud, and sent the man back a few steps. A fire sprung to life in the mans hand, and quickly setting it to the third mode, Drake pulled the trigger. Hitting the creature in the face, it gave a high pitched screech before disappearing into a cloud of smoke. One of his gantlets dropped to the ground, and the fire dissipated from it. Drake kept this too, and started to wield it, although he hasn't field tested it.
Weapons:
commission_concept_art___nade_rifle_by_torvenius-d53xg6f.jpg

Shock Wave
Similar to a shotgun mixed with a net gun, the Shock Wave fires an electric net at its target, capable of locking up muscles, knocking unconscious, and even death. Each capability has its own respective mode.

1.) The first phase of this weapon emits a small soft blue glow. It will lock up the muscles of most average monsters, slowing it down, but it may easily shake it off. It fires in a semiautomatic function, 20 rounds being fired in one setting without it over charging and shutting off a small amount of time. Smaller and weaker creatures may be knocked unconscious with a blow to the head. Bigger and stronger creatures may not even be affected.
2.) The second phase of the weapon emits a medium glow, similar to a glow stick. This causes a chain of electricity to pulse through the targets body, ultimately hitting the brain and causing them to fall unconscious. It fires in a semiautomatic function as well, but only can fire 10 rounds before shutting off. This may cause death for smaller and weaker creatures, but is more likely to lock up the muscles of a bigger and stronger creature.
3.) All the glowing the weapon does develops at the end of the barrel, and once hit has the ability to fry a creature. It can fire 3 times before shutting down.
The weapon may have other modes he has yet to discover, although he has only had the weapon for a short time.

650068264.jpg

Deaths Gauntlet
It appears to just be a standard armored glove, although it holds many advantages once its worn, but only effects the area covered. Drake doesn't like to wear this unless needed, claiming "It makes him feel light headed and spaced out."
  • Dissipates low volts of Electricity
  • Able to summon, control, catch and is immune to fire
  • Grants the wearer enhanced strength
  • Each finger is sharp​
  • Turns the users eyes red when worn​
  • Able to use blood as a weapon, hardening and liquidizing at will​
  • Once put it, it draws blood from the users hand.​
Other:
He is skeptical of the whole situation, and very skeptical of "The Message" He decoded from X.
Dislikes werewolves

Last edited by a moderator:
Violet1.jpg

Violet Kit Levrot

Species: Halfling (Witch/Werewolf)
(these are rare among the supernatural, so sometimes earn derogatory nicknames like WitchMutt, or for females, Bitchwitch)

Appearance:
Height: 5'1; Weight:116; Hair Color: Brunette/Mahogany; Eye Color:Purple; Three black freckles form a tiny arc on the back of her neck (called a WitchMark*); Beauty mark freckle under her left nostril; Burn scar on the back of her left calf

Bio:
To know Violet's history is to know her parents'. They met when her dad (a werewolf named Jack) was travelling the world. He was a free spirit--a lone wolf born and raised in a confining pack in the United States' midwest. While exploring Australia after having left his pack years ago, he met Allora, a witch who got tied up with the wrong witch coven. It was incredibly powerful with seemingly good intentions on the surface. However, once she got deeper, earned their trust and learned their secrets Allora found that they were tied deeply to dark magic at the roots, so Allora was trying to find a way to get away from them. A lot of the members were her friends, and she couldn't stop them. So when she fell in love with Jack, she ran away with him back to the U.S. and they lived a happy family life far away from the bitter witch coven that called her a traitor who...knew too much.
So Violet was born in a happy home with loving, if a bit unusual parents. She was homeschooled, learning more than just a regular U.S homeschooled student's mandated curriculum. Her father taught her how to fight, both as a human and as a wolf. And her mother helped her discover her magical specialty: Healing. The summer before her freshman year of high school, Violet decided she wanted to go to public school and her parents believed her responsible enough to do so while keeping her secret to herself. One day, she came home walking back from school and her house stood quiet, door wide open with a shimmery glow around it. It must have been magic, for as soon as she walked inside the door, everything was on fire and there were shadowy figures running, shouting, fighting. She tried to find her parents, but there was so much smoke, blood, the smell of burning flesh... Her mother found her first; there was no time to talk. Allora put her hand over Violet's mouth and slipped a locket with a picture of the family inside it over her head. Then she pushed into her daughter's hands a half-burned spellbook and kissed her forehead*. Violet woke up halfway across the country on the side of a road near a strange town called Weatherbrook. She became a ward of the state there when they discovered her parents had been mysteriously killed in what the newspaper called a housefire.

She attended a public high school there and lived in an orphanage or nearby foster home for the time. Shocked and depressed over the sudden death of her parents..and having to keep the strange secret that they might have been murdered, she became temporarily mute (Elective Mutism.) Only when she met Sela and later, Matt, in her junior and senior year was she able and willing to speak freely again. Matt became a good friend of hers and they stayed in Weatherbrook after high school. She now lives in her own small rented apartment with Sela near the library she works at. Only just recently did Matt discover Sela and the fact that Violet is a Halfling, so he asked her to join the PSIs. She will be waiting with him at Boggy Creek.

*a WitchMark is a little birthmark of three freckles on the back of the neck that form a small arc when connected like a constellation (All witches have one, including Allora and Violet)

*Allora's specialty was teleportation. Before she died, she teleported her daughter away as far as she could, which is how she ended up so far away from home.

Weapons:
Fists(she's skilled in hand-to-hand combat)
&[Claws&Teeth]when shifted into:
bellsywolf.jpg

Jack (her father) and Violet:
sisters.jpg

Burned Spellbook--some pages are readable
451.jpg

Hobbies:
  • sketching
  • running
  • reading
  • watching classic films and documentaries
  • travelling, especially to natural places with large open spaces
  • honesty
  • baking
  • stargazing
  • humming to herself
  • fuzzy socks
  • watching the sunrise
  • the color crimson
  • freedom
  • solitude
Fears:
  • Anyone finding out about her halfling status and sending her to a mental asylum to turn into a science experiment
  • Thunder storms
  • Losing sight of who she is
Dislikes:
  • Lies and Liars
  • peanut butter
  • screamo music and fire alarms and dog whistles (basically loud or irritating noises)
  • scented candles or strong perfumes/cologne
  • nosy or unreasonable/close-minded people
  • when people ask if she wears contacts (especially if they claim she's lying when she says no)
  • talking about herself
Violet2.jpg
03039f361ef85d1b694587b3b949afae.jpg

Other/quirks:
-She can lucid dream sometimes. it might be because she's such a good daydreamer while awake.
-She is extremely ticklish
-Has a slight Australian accent

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sela
images

Appearance:
the picture above displays her true form, the one in which Violet found her. She seems to be made of light--white with a pink hue--, but when touched is found to be solid.

Unknown

Species:

Member of the Fae family, but unknown what type

Bio:

All that is known about this little creature is that she's sweet, altruistic, innocent and yet wiser than she thinks. Violet found her one morning at sunrise in the woods while on her way back to the orphanage. She was unconscious at the time and Violet brought her back to the orphanage, kept her a secret from any prying eyes--quite a task in a place like that--and when she woke, it seems the only things she could recall included the word "sela" and that she has lived in this shapeshifter form her whole life, capable of turning into relatively small, white animals with pink eyes. Both Sela and Violet were both surprised when Sela first awoke and could only talk to her through telepathic communication, directly in Violet's mind. And Violet had only to speak in her mind to talk back. At the time, it was insane and confusing since 15 year old Violet didn't even know faeries existed--if that's what she was. And Sela had no choice but to stay with her new friend. She had nowhere else to go what with her amnesia. From there, the two became incredibly close friends and it was only with Sela's help that Violet slowly start to speak out loud again, eventually becoming acquainted with "MonsterMatty", another outcast at her public high school. Nowadays Sela lives with Violet in her apartment and prefers her form as a cat most of the time. She hasn't made much headway in figuring out her past; most of her fragmented memories come back in blurry dreams she rarely remembers, but she enjoys her new life as Violet's best friend and companion, though it was her recent mistake that forced Violet to tell Matt about her secret..that she was one of those monsters he wholeheartedly believed in. Sela felt very guilty about it at the time, but Matt reacted in quite the opposite way than Violet had expected and they were all relieved, especially when he asked them to join the PSIs.

Weapons:
Claws&Teeth in various forms
If given one, she can wield a dagger as a monkey

Other:

The Truth is Out There

Last edited:
How ok would you be with the spirt of a midevil knight in the team? And yes I am factoring in the fact that there were no knights in America ever. And the the fact that he wouldn't be able to crack the code.

How ok would you be with the spirt of a midevil knight in the team? And yes I am factoring in the fact that there were no knights in America ever. And the the fact that he wouldn't be able to crack the code.

Well, if you're adamant on him not learning the code, he could've perhaps come across Matthew during some kind of event (perhaps something that attracts his spirit/was important to him in life is at the Weatherbrook Natural History Museum) and they could've formed a partnership of sorts, perhaps because he wants to stop the supernatural threats plaguing his 'new kingdom'?

Or through Cae? She is a medium

She has strong ties to the spirit world and most of the paranormal world as well so that van be how he comes to be apart of the team... maybe I do not know how you wish to have it

I have in mind of what kind of character I want to make.... I know I'm wanting to make one human, and one monster.

Does the team have a heavy hitter yet?

Not really, but you could technically count Violet as a heavy hitter due to her lycanthropy, or Matt with his "Power Glove".

I'd say go for it.

• Love
Reactions: Lonewolf888978
Alright sounds good!

image.jpeg
"Who am I? Who am I? I am the one who's sword sways darkness! I am the one who's name makes evil tremble! I am SIR. LOWEL LIGHTBRINGER, and by my Queen's hand I shall right that which is wrong!"

}~Sir. Lowel Lightbringer~{

Species:
Ghost (Haunted Armor)

Bio:
The first series of Modern English sentances spoken by this forgotten knight are not just talk. Back in the day (five thousand years ago) Lowel Lightbringer was a unequaled warrior skilled enough to hack a path though entire armies in moments. He served a young Queen with utter loyalty, never faltering even slightly from her orders. Alas, one day a plot was hatched against him by a fellow knight wanting to steal his fame. In a great banquet celebrating Sir. Lowel's most resent victory, his wine was poisoned.

The last thing Sir. Lowel saw was the traitorous knight's face showing a breif flash of triumph before quickly being masked by false concern. The last thing he heard was the terrified scream of his Queen. The last thing he said ment, "I'm sorry I've failed you." And so one of the greatest warriors in history died and faded from it, the knight who betrayed him taking his place. The Queen had him buried in the most respectful way she could, sealed inside a narrow stone coffin under her garden, which surprisedly turned out to be airtight.

Flash forward a few thousand years. Archeologists find a particular coffin under a particular mideval castle ruin. In it they find a suit of armor and sword unlike they've ever seen, both in almost pristine condition, the cloak and hood hadn't even rotted. Although this was a momentous find, no evidence could be found about the history of the armor and the excitement died down. In fact, no one cared for it so much that the armor was sold away until it ended up in the storage of the Weatherbrook Natural History Museum, which is basically rock bottom.

And it is because it was in a crate in the corner of rock bottom that the one, underpayed night guard did not notice the armor and sword animating and leaving one night. The strong soul of Sir. Lowel had awakened and, sensing evil, took what remained of him to hunt it. He was discovered by one Caelina Summers, who was the first person to see him as a man with scars on his face warding off wraiths instead of a psychopathic cosplayer swinging at the air and shouting profanities. Upon intoducing herself to him Lowel kelt almost immediately, and though a long drawl of Old English he said that she was his Queen, Queen Summersa reincarnate. For around a year he would return to her each night for orders and when given none he would return to his eternal order, to purge the land of those who corrupt it. He was there when she cracked the code and received the video, his instant reply was:
"Well now we must go! We must save this fair village and the Brook of Weather. As well as that poor boy from his box prison and the imp that is eating his chest!"

Weapons:
image.jpeg
Moonlight
Lowel's legend-worthy longsword.
As sturdy as modern steel plating and sharp enough to cut though it, can block attacks as well as it makes them.
Blessed by many a preist, making it expecally effective on anything of a unholy nature.
As possessed as Lowel's armor, making it capable of damaging spirits.

Other:
Over the time he has spent with Cae Lowel was taught how to speak in modern English, his first words being the quote at the top.

He is somewhat educated in the "old ways" of exterminating demons.

Have you heard? Yes? Well I'm telling you anyway.
The truth, is out there.

• Love
Reactions: Princess Rose
I love Lowel so much he is going to compliment Cae very well. Her ghost Guardian.

new_seth_geco_tattoo_by_gothicfantasyguild-d794edj.png

Drake Forester

Species: Human

Bio: WIP

Weapons:
commission_concept_art___nade_rifle_by_torvenius-d53xg6f.jpg

Shock Wave
Similar to a shotgun mixed with a net gun, the Shock Wave fires an electric net at its target, capable of locking up muscles, knocking unconscious, and even death. Each capability has its own respective

650068264.jpg

Other: (Any additional information you might want to share. Maybe you're a pacifist, or perhaps you're skeptical about the whole supernatural creatures thing).

I see this is nearing completion :3

Awesome! Anyways, since we all seem ready to go, I'll try to get the IC up sometime this week, perhaps even tonight. @Lonewolf888978, since you're still working on your sheet you can post in the IC when you're finished.

• Bucket of Rainbows
I am done with my character do you want me to post in the ic when it is up?

Anyone who's finished ther sheet can post, I've accepted them all thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.