We have to survive!

• Thread starter phantasmagoricStoner
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
-This is the way the world ends; not with a bang or a whimper, but with zombies breaking down the back door.-
"Goddamnitall!" Sprinting away from the group of zombies that had been following him for what seemed like miles already, Fox was not entitled to his own opinion at the moment--the only thing he was focused on doing was surviving. The eighteen year old was all ready to start his new college life far, far away from his hometown; yet the world had ended before it even started. "WHY DO THESE THINGS HAVE SO MUCH STAMINA FOR SOMETHING SO DEAD?!" He turned a down a street corner, trying to juke out the ones that were following him. Yet another zombie blindsided him, jumping out of the window of a house--tackling him to the ground.

The dark-haired boy with hazel eyes looked surprised as he had to fight off one with his bare hands, struggling to keep the putrid dead zombie's face away from his own.
"You motherf--" Not being able to reach the katana attached to his backpack, he went with another weapon. With one hand, he was able to reach towards his combat boots to the Glock 26 he had hidden away--a birthday gift from his parents that he thought he'd never have to use. He turned off the safety, fighting off the zombie with the other hand, and pulled the trigger. The resonating shot from the gun was like a glass bottle breaking against the hot summer pavement; loud and gut-wrenching. Fox watched the head explode in front of his eyes, rotted brains and all, a black, bloody substance spraying all over his face aside from the mask that he wore.

Sighing heavily, he wiped the Glock down with a handkerchief from his pocket and turned the safety back on. Holding it tightly, he looked around the area seemingly void of other humans and screamed out.
"YO! ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE?!"

Emma swallowed a lump that had form in her throat. She'd recently left her father. Alone to die. It seemed like Caramon only meant to make her feel a little better, but it'd only done the opposite. The need to squirm out from under his arm had her body tensing up slightly, but she held still as she held her breath until it was over. If she could leave her father when he need her, why would anyone think she wouldn't leave them when they most needed her? She didn't even know. If they only knew. She sighed heavily and nodded in agreement with them, not looking at either one.

She pulled her bag around and slipped her hand inside. Once she felt the cool mental of the hand gun in her hand, she pulled it out and handed it to Alexandria. "Not much but it's better than nothing." She half smiled. The thought of giving her gun to someone made her want to choke but it was safer for them all to have a gun. Breaking rules her father taught her so soon after he was gone hit a nerve, but she was sure it wouldn't be the last time she did it.

She followed behind Alexandria towards the jeep and as they slowly, carefully made their way through the dead bodies littering the ground. She held her rifle, and aimed, ready to shot when need be. Then, off down the street she heard what sounded like a male's voice screaming for help. Debating on weather to go on to the jeep or after the guy, she continued to watch for the living dead. "Did you hear that?" She asked just as Caramon took off after the others survivors. "Maybe we should pic Caramon and the other two up first. Then head for the other guy on our way out."

"Ah, frell, I'm screwed." Caramon said as he heard the all too familiar click of his empty guns when he tried to pull the triggers. Locking them in their holsters, he unlatched the blade from his back and swung it in a great arc, clearing out a small group that had begun to ascend the vehicle.

Out of nowhere, a shot zipped by him, hitting one of the ones closer to him, causing him to glance upwards towards the house he'd been to first, making out a shape and a glint of light atop the roof. He knew that whoever it was, they were appearently a friend, and even better, a friend with a gun.

"I knew I should've grabbed more than my pistols and a few mags," he said, as he slashed at any that came within reach of his sword, "and I should've waited a bit longer, and gone ahead and grabbed a shotgun, some uzis, and an assault rifle before I ran out here, because I thought there wouldn't be so many of 'em. Stupid me."

As he saw a gap forming in the ranks, he decided that it might be better to just make a break for it and use guerilla tactics to thin them out, but where should he go? He thought on it for a minute, hacking at a few more critters before coming up with an idea: he'd find a ladder. It'd get him to higher ground, as well as give him the opportunity to fight them a few at a time, all he had to do was find one, which he spotted in the yard of the house behind him, the one two houses from the sniper, and next to the other person's location.

He jumped over the fence and into the yard, the creatures following him with varying speed and difficulty, as he lifted up the ladder and climbed as fast as he could, doing his best to turn around before slashing at the ones that had almost gotten him, their limp bodies falling off the ladder like flies in a bug zapper, as he rethought his idea, and pulled th ladder to the roof with him, looking over to the other guy, and deciding it would be best to get him to go with him to the girl instead of wasting time getting her and coming back, which would be giving Em and Alex more time in which they could be spotted and chased before they were in a more safe area.

From the looks of the other guy, he didn't seem to have any typeof weapon to speak of, making him wonder how he even got up there in the first place.
"Hey, you, over there, I'm going to put the ladder on your roof, and I need you to walk across it so we can get over to the other roof over there. I have some friends waiting with a vehicle, so as soon as we're all together, we can leave this fodder pit."

"I need to save my bullets... can't waste 'em. Tch... What am I going to do?" Zoe thought aloud, beginning to panic as the young man climbed the ladder on the roof near her's, asking if he could use it to climb to HER roof, like some sort of bridge. "FINE BY ME!" She yelled from her position, shooting the undead near both houses. "WELL? COME ON! THIS AMMUNITION WON'T LAST FOREVER!" And indeed she was right. Tch. She began to quickly dissemble the interlocking, steel pieces of the sniper rifle and switched it out to a more favorable weapon, a pair of pistols. Grimacing at the lack of a scope, she aimed at the nearest zombies and fired away.

In her left, less dominate hand, she thought about tossing it to the man who had gone to the other house. To her, it looked like he ran out of ammo. She sucked with her left hand anyway. "Hey! CATCH!" She screamed before essentially chucking the firearm at him, fully loaded.

Looking back at the woman after she called out to him, he barely missed catching the pistol, which landed on its side and fired, hitting a zombie that was attempting to grab hold of the ladder from below before he picked it up in his left hand and held his blade in his right, slashing and shooting under the ladder, which started to annoy him.
"Hey, dude, if you don't hurry, I'm gonna be forced to just head over to the girl and leave you here. The only reasons I decided to get to you first are because you're closer to where I ended up, you're unarmed, and she seems capable of looking after herself for a bit, since she's taking charge of the situation she's in, and you're just sittin' there screamin'. I may be hypocritical saying this, but man up and get your frelling butt over here so we can get her out of there."

He looked back to the woman to see if he'd spoken loud enough for her to hear him, hoping that she understood why he'd said and done what he did before.

(OOC: In case someone forgot about him, or got in too far in to know, I was talking to Jeric, and I done goofed, since I can't do anything unless he responds, and if he doesn't within the next few posts, I'll have to come up with some kind of way for me to apologize to him before leaving him up there and going over to help Zoe.)

Last edited:
"Thanks for helping me men, I'm so sorry for being a pussy. I don't know what to do." Jeric told the man who was helping him.

(Sorry, Newbie here T.T)

(OOC: Hey, I've been RPing for nearly 8 years now, on 27 different sites, and I'm still a newbie, so No Worries, alright?)

Turning his attention back to the guy now next to him, he retold him his plan.
"Well, for starters, we need to get over to that gal over there, then we should have enough time to take out a few of these things before the others get here with the jeep."
Afterwards he turned towards the road, looking for a voice he'd heard earlier, yet was too busy keeping things away to fully notice it then.
"I heard someone down the road a bit ago. I hope the girls get him first, otherwise they'll be wasting gas we could use to get out of here. I want to hear your story, yet we don't have time right now, so when we all get together, and are somewhere moderately safe, we can all sit down and learn more about each other, but right now, it doesn't matter what you were, you're a Survivor, and that's all that matters."

Placing the ladder along the other side of the roof, he motioned for the other man to go first.
"I'll watch your back, so get over there. There's still one more after this one to go before we can get the heck out of here with sniper girl."

Alexandria drove while knocking and killing the zombies that were in their way. She nodded, "Yeah, I heard it too..."

She drove quickly but her eyes were searching for anything that looks alive and not rotting. "I think it should be around... found it!"

She sped the car towards the boy as he called out for anyone. She stepped on the breaks, abruptly stopping the car next to the boy. She stuck her head out the window, "Get in if you want to live!"

"A few more to go..." she muttered softly, squinting at the rooftops and upper levels of the houses for the other survivors and Caramon.

(OOC: I'm sorry for replying late ;A; school is a drag and I got lost halfway..)

'Zombies don't exist. That's what everyone would have said if they weren't getting their heads cracked open by one today.'

Fox looked at the two girls in the car with confusion set deep in his eyes, pondering for a moment if he should get in the bloodied car with dead hair ingrained in the bumper. Pulling off his dark mask, he smiled for a second with dimpled cheeks and then roared with laughter for a bit. "What a cliched line. Get in if you want to live! Never thought I'd be in a movie..."

The boy ran a hand through his tussled black hair, then abruptly looked at his surroundings. Houses were on fire, cars were turned over and leaking gas, power lines dangled from the air, ready to electrocute anyone who stepped near it and the puddles of water that were leaking out of broken fire hydrants. Sighing heavily, Fox's eyes shot back at the two girls that came to rescue him in the jeep. "Guess I've got no choice. As a stranger--I'll quickly introduce myself. Fox Tetsuya. 18. Parents weren't exactly the best name creators in the world. And now, I'll get in the damned car. Ah. Wait a second. Got one more thing to do." Fox pulled the mask back over his face, turned at the dead zombie that he was roughing around with and kicked its' dead body so hard, you could hear the spinal cord cracking and the body flew to a nearby telephone pole.

"AND THAT'S FOR TRYING TO EAT MY BRAINS!" He screamed with a raised fist as he turned back towards the car, got inside, and slammed the door behind him. With a calm expression, he set his backpack down in front of him, and leaned forward in between the two girls who sat in the front. "So where to?"

Emma arched an eyebrow as she watched the guy, Fox , as he wasted time to kick a zombie across the ground and yelled at it. IS this guy serious? Shaking her head, she stared at him as if she could drill in his head the seriousness of their situation. After a couple of seconds ticked by, she sighed. "I'm Emma and that Alexandria." She said before turning back to the front, and rolling down the window. She then leaned out with her rifle to help clear a path to the others. After propping herself in a position to take aim and fire, she began to drop them one by one. The recoil jarred her with each shot and there was a ringing in her ears, but she was making a decent dent in the horde.

(@TakedaXxXKaori Tis okay. No worries XD)

Last edited by a moderator:
Glancing wearily at the ladder Zoe gulped. The young man told the kid to walk over and fetch her. She could do it by herself! Still, she had to compliment the young man who came up with the idea of using the ladder as a bridge. It was quite ingenious. Slinging her bag on to her back, she stood and helped secure the other end of the ladder. "I'M COMING NOW!" Zoe yelled two houses down. Then the red head noticed the faint glint of steel and the screech of rubber on the road. Help! Clutching her gun close to her, she began a full on sprint across the rickety, worn-down ladder that cracked under every step. With a sprinting jump, she rolled and landed on the other roof safely, tucking loose hair behind her ear. "Thanks for saving me.", Zoe said nervously, as she stuck out her hand to shake.

Once the boy got into the car, Alexandria reversed the car and drove back towards wherever Caramon and the other survivors are. "We're going to take find our other friend that went to save a few other survivors. Then, we'll get out of here."

Her eyes squinted as it searches the rooftops of the houses. "Where are they...?" she muttered. At last, she found the rooftop where Caramon and the other survivors were at. Upon spotting them, she sped the jeep towards the house they were on top of. She stepped onto the break, making the car stop.

She stuck her head out of the car and called out, "Caramon, we're here!"

Smiling down at the others below, he moved the ladder at an angle to make it closer to the road, killing the few remaining creatures in the yard, causing him to run out of ammo once again.
Placing the gun into his pocket, he grabbed the girl's extended hand, as well as the other guy's, before he slid down the ladder slide with the others in tow, the ladder breaking under their weight halfway to the jeep, the noise from such an event alerting more creatures, which began to flood into the yard from inside the house.

He called over to the vehicle to confirm everything was going according to plan, motioning for the other two to run to the vehicle while he cleared a path and held off the horde as he swathed his way through the beings with small arcs of his blade, just large enough to clear a path and keep it cleared long enough for the others to get through.
"Get goin', I'll be there in a minute, tops." he said as more came from the other side, "Make that two minutes."

Last edited:
Dashing through the horde and down the path the the man cleared for them, she made it to the Jeep and opened the door. She practically jumped inside as the guy who saved the two went back into the horde. Closing the car's door, she sighed and looked around. There was a man with a mask and two girls, both probably around her age, which was 17. Zoe thought to herself, sighing lightly. "If i'm going to be stuck with these people for awhile, might as well introduce myself." The redhead began to say as she tucked back a few scarlet wild hairs behind her ears and glanced at all of them with clear, cerulean eyes.
"I'm Zoë Ashford. Nice to see that some people are actually alive."

'Our dead are never dead to us, until we have forgotten them. Or they can come back and eat our brains out until we forget.'

Fox watched as Caramon fought off a horde just to get the girl to the jeep, and he slid over to make room for her. Zombies were...everywhere, yet he still didn't understand why and how it happened so suddenly--One day was normal, and the next, everyone who wasn't a rampaging eating machine was trying to escape. Looking over at the scarlet haired girl with his own bright hazel eyes, he smiled and offered out his hand, pulling down his mask with the other. "It's nice to meet you all, Emma, Alexandria, Caramon of course, now Zoe. My name's Fox Tetsuya."

Looking at the horde that was swarming them from two sides, he sighed and rolled down the window. "Hey man, you sure you don't want help? I can make a mean Molotov that'll burn at least 3/4ths of these suckers to the ground. It'll make it a lot easier if you still feel like chopping them down." As a pre-med student and also spoiled in the fact that his parents were doctors--he had the time to learn to be a cyber terrorist and know a good amount of science and medical skills before he would even enter college. With that, he figured that their plan was to escape as soon as possible--but he felt like for this amount of people, the supplies were going to be scarce unless extremely budgeted.

His gaze flickered over to Emma and Alexandria at the front, his expression more than serious as he spoke.
"Look, we all don't know how or why people are zombies--and I get that we should probably get out of here as soon as possible. But about a half-mile down the road there's a chain drugstore, one of those popular ones that not only has medicine, but extra food, water, and supplies that we'll need if we want to last more than a week."

Grabbing the other guy and tossing him into the back of the jeep, Caramon ran to the back of the vehicle, grabbing onto the spare tire before shouting out to the driver over the sounds of moaning and shuffling around them.
"We're all in, let's go! Half a mile's better than here with all these crettins."
He continued on as he swung his blade behind him, hoping to get enough of those things away from them to be able to keep from getting slowed down from that side, sheathing it when he felt the jeep begin to move.
"We still need more food and water before we head back, so how about we raid this town for supplies, and take out as many of these things as we can find? Who's with me?"

"I think we may need to find another vehicle that runs soon. Especially, if we come upon any more survivors." Emma stated to no one in practical as she pull herself back into the jeep. She sat back and rolled up the window before moving on to digging in her bag for ammo to reload the rifle. Sighing as she realized she enough to reload a couple more times before she was out, she bit her bottom lip. Pulling out enough ammo to reload the gun, she then placed her bag back on the floor board in between her feet and started reloading the gun. After she finished, she leaned it against the door beside her.

If only she could get to the cabin, she had more than enough supplies, ammo, and other things all thanks to that crazy dad of hers. It was only a matter of time before she got there, with or without the others. He dad's voice rung in her head as she remember all the things he said to her when she was growing up. God, did she miss him. It was after he was gone that she wished she hadn't thought of bad things about him. That she could take back every bad thought she ever had of him. Wishing wouldn't change it though and she knew it didn't do any good worrying about it. It wasn't something that her father would have wanted.

As soon as everyone was in the car, Alexandria started driving. She listened to the others that were conversing about raiding the whole town and a drugstore. She suddenly remembered. "Emma, didn't you mention something about a cabin?" she asked.

"How about... after taking more supplies, we head for that cabin Emma mentioned. There should be one or two extra bags in the trunk." She suggested. "I still have my supplies that I took from home."

The grip she had on the wheel became tighter as she stepped harder onto the gas pedal, focusing on the crowd of zombies that were standing cluelessly ahead of them. There should be enough fuel to drive to the next town...

She shook Fox's hand and smiled. "Just my opinion, but Fox is a really cool name. And hang on, you said you can make a Molotov? That's awesome." Rummaging through her own bag, she sifted through clothes, some food, water bottles, ammunition, and guns until she found her canteen. "About raiding this place, I know some really good areas to look." She flashed a mischievous grin and filled her canteen with water. She craned her head to look back at Caramon. "Oh! Caramon! I forgot, but can I have my pistol back? Ya know... The one I threw at your face?" The 17-year-old asked the guy who was clinging onto the spare tire. She turned her head back around and kept glancing at the two girls who discussed among themselves and the kid Caramon threw inside.

Zoe recognized an all too familiar street and tapped Alexandria's shoulder. "Take a left here and turn on Hemmingway Boulevard. There's a small house, that with supplies a long time ago that I restock every week... Just in case I needed to run away from home... We can loot that first. As far as I can remember, I set little traps here and there *Cough* all around the place *Cough*, so it SHOULD be undead-free."

Caramon smiled as the girl called to him, answering back to her with in a joking manner.
"Sure, I'll give it back right now. I just need to let go of the jeep and lighten the load before I can toss it to you."
Turning his body to look at the street they were coming to, he thought he saw something familiar, deciding to jump on his hunch.
"Zoe, I know I shouldn't pry, but what was your father's name?"

Turning to the man with the mask, he gave a wicked smile, showing just how irritated what he'd heard earlier had made him.
"Fox, was it? I heard you say a certain word earlier, before the girls went to save you, loud and clear. I would recommend not saying it again around me."
As he finished his sentence, he slund the blood from his blade behind him and sheathed it, making sure the resounding clink of the handguard hitting the metal stopper atop the sheathe could be heard.
"Besides, what I saw from where I was was pretty stupid. You never waste time kicking them. You shot twice in the head to make sure they're dead. Have you never heard that before. Heck, just because I'm the only one at Ground Zero that was immune to the harmful effects of the virus, doesn't mean I want to get bit. So, number one, don't say 'GD' around me, and number two, don't do stuff I'd do, because you're more likely than not to get infected. Do those two things, and I'll watch your back, alright?"

Status
Not open for further replies.