We have to survive!

• Thread starter phantasmagoricStoner
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening carefully to everyone, Fox closed his eyes for a moment, sorting out what the group wanted to do and where they were heading. Grabbing another car--getting more supplies, and heading to a cabin. Along with not cussing and being "zombie safe", it all sounded reasonable to the young man. Yet the infected zombies everywhere would pose a problem no matter what, he decided to come up with a set plan that included everyone's ideas.

First of all though, he would address Caramon with due respect. So he turned around to look at him with all seriousness, his eyes dull and apathetic. "Alright, since you were at Ground Zero Caramon--once we're safe, you might want to explain what exactly happened. Because I have parents and a little sister that are in Japan right now dealing with the same thing, so this isn't just nationwide, but a global epidemic. As for words and being safer--I'm fine with that, but you don't need to try and 'intimidate' me with your sword. I have one too. Let's just respect each other if we're gonna have each others backs. " Once he had said what he needed to say to the other man clinging onto the back of the car, he turned around to the rest of the group. Caramon couldn't see the expression on his face then, but it was full of worry and irritation. Fox's mind raced with thoughts, still processing all the information he was given earlier this morning before he had to grab everything he could and run from his own home.

"Hey Zoe, thanks. I can do a lot of other things too, but ya know--cyber-terrorist stuff at this point is pretty worthless."His lips cracked into a temporary smile at her, his dimpled cheeks showing before his expression went back to being serious. "We'll grab the things we need at the house she's leading us to--and I hope you've got antibiotics and the works otherwise we've gotta raid a pharmacy too.There should be another vehicle we can hot-wire next to one of the other houses on that street, hopefully and---" Upon hearing Zoe cough, he had immediate concern. It was only natural for him since he had worked at a nearby hospital as an ER nurse for a few months in preparation for his pre-med classes.

"Zoe? You alright there?" Fox swiftly lifted his hand and set it gently on her forehead, checking for signs of a fever.

"I'm not trying to intimidate you out of spite, Grey. I was merely trying to be sure you know the seriousness of these kinds of things, and I'm not trying to just save lives, since your soul's just as important."

Sitting on the tire and holding tightly to the back of the jeep, he continued, leaning back onto the vehicle behind him as he spoke.

"I'll explain more when we get to the cabin, but if I know who some of your parents are, then I'll have a lot of explaining to do. But for now, we need to do some raids and get to safety before we go looking for more trouble than we need. I don't know most of you enough yet to fully entrust you with my life, but I hope I can soon. Just don't think that means I'm not gonna watch over all of you, because no matter what happens, we need to stick together and keep each other safe."

Last edited:
"I'm alright! I'm alright!" Zoe said, laughing. "It's just my sinuses!" She was blushing when Fox had checked her forehead. She pondered over the question Caramon asked her and the results the answer would receive. Her muscles tensed as she shut her eyes, and responded quieter than the wind. "My f-father's name... is... Thomas Ashford, the founder of RealityTec Institute." She didn't really care anymore, her mother neglected her and her brother gone most of the time, doing service for the country about to become zombies. "Yeah... It doesn't matter anymore. My mom divorced him a long while back, and she got the us, my brother and I. Dad sends us checks weekly and we get o spend them however we like!" Pausing again, Zoe was quiet now. "Mom was an alcoholic AND an addict, as well as an abusive parent. No clue how she won the case."

Last edited by a moderator:
As the twenty year-old closed her eyes, she listened to the others conversations. Sometime through it she had tuned out and got lost in her own head. Here they were trying to survive the apocalypse or whatever, running from and killing people who were infected and turned into these crazed zombies. It was like out of the movies and books. Ironic when you think about it. Who would have thought they'd be in this damn situation. She laughed out loud just thinking about the whole thing.

She nodded as Zoe gave her the directions. She decided to keep quiet while listening to the others talk about their family. "I wonder if mother and father is still alive..." She pondered. Alexandria turned the car to the left, then turn again onto Hemmingway Boulevard. She laughed bitterly to herself, "I bet they're already one of those zombies..."

She drove till she saw a small house ahead of her. "Hey, Zoe, is that the one...?"

Assuming it was the house Zoe mentioned about, Alexandria stopped the car in front of the house, switching off the engine, so as to save fuel for their long journey to the cabin or another town. She checked her wrist watch, "I suggest we take all the supplies as fast as we can because I really wanna get out of here, and I know you all do too. There are extra bags in the trunk."

She got out of the car and opened the trunk, taking out a two black duffel bags her father kept in there from their previous camping trip. She held each bag in one hand, "Let's make this quick, yeah?"

(Is this still open? if not I'll remove the post)

A hundred meters and falling... The plane falls, gaining speed by the second. Something, slams on the cockpit door, frantic screaming and a gun shot. The chaos below rushes towards ninety four people. For two passengers, a man, twenty year old Ryu Silvers and his thirteen year old sister Kiyra everything seems to move at a single frame per second. For a long while there is nothing. Silence. Then fire and panic as the plain slams nose first into the packed highway. Ryu felt blood trickle down his face from a cut on his head. He picked himself up from the seat he was in, dazed and confused; he felt drunk, like he had just hammered back half a bottle of Scotch Whisky. The next thing he heard was more than enough to sober him up. The resounding snap of a gun. He saw a police officer stood in the back of the plane with a gun in his hand, he saw the target and almost vomited.
Kiyra staggered and whimpered as the bullet punched her in the gut, fear gripped her as she fell in to her brothers arms. She felt nothing but fear and pain. She only felt the wind as her brother ran her to safety. Wherever was safe now...

18814308-4253-4693-b1c8-ead9e2db123e_zpse73c18ef.png

As she mentioned that it was just her sinuses acting up, he slowly took off his hand off her head, slightly blushing in embarrassment. He was one to overreact a lot when people got sick--it was just sort of in his nature to take care of others as he used to take care of people all the time as a nurse. "O-oh...sorry...umm, I've got some Benadryl--I have sinus problems too during this season." Fox started to rummage through his bag, pulling out the box of packaged pink pills labeled BENADRYL, handing it over to Zoe, still a bit embarrassed at what he had done.

"Wait, RealityTec? I've hacked their servers so many times they tried to have me arrested...it's not my fault they had shitty firewalls." Fox mumbled to Zoe as he tapped his foot on the carpeted car floor. Once the car screeched to a halt in front of the house that Zoe had mentioned she hid supplies away in, he pulled out his sheathed katana from his tactical bag given to him by his uncle when he was younger. Pulling the mask back over his face, he opened the car door up and opened the door up for Emma and Zoe out of politeness in split seconds. Fox looked at this group of survivors and wondered to himself--how long would they last? Could they really just run away from this forever? Could he swallow in the fact that humanity was mostly gone except for the people that stood before him now?

"Alright Zoe--lead the way. You said there were traps, and we're going to need you to guide us through them if zombies already haven't triggered them. I'm not going to parkour my way into a house and get my leg snapped off by a bear trap. Are there bear traps?" The young man looked at Zoe with his wide hazel eyes in wonder--wanting to know what exactly she had done to secure the house.

A mischievious tone entered Caramon's voice as he smiled and replied to Fox's question before Zoe could.
"Oh, there's gonna be plenty more to worry about than bear traps if she's anything like her father, Gray. There might even be a few hidden rooms in that little house that she hasn't discovered yet, so we need to keep our eyes peeled for anything out of the ordinary."

Jumping off the back of the jeep, he walked over to the back and grabbed his bag, reloading the three pistols with fresh mags and taking out eight extras, handing four to Zoe with her gun, as well as some more ammo for her rifle, before handing out ammo where it was needed, his bag still bulging even after that, yet he seemed to not be fatigued by how much weight he'd have to be carrying over his shoulder, shifting the bag to rest behind him as he came up with a plan of action, his voice taking on a more serious and decisive tone.

"Well, if everyone's loaded up, we can get started on searching the house. Zoe, go ahead and lead the way, McCloud can cover you, followed by Em and Alex, and I'll bring up the rear, that way if anything does sneak up on us, at least you won't have to worry about getting eaten from behind."

Last edited:
The redhead laughed, cerulean eyes glimmering. "I've explored every room in this house, set oil traps that on contact, burst into flames, an arrow shooter that kills you if you ring the doorbell, and grass spots that have hidden spikes which injects a poison which causes immediate death." Zoe walked down the to the driveway and continued, "Oh! I forgot! There's also the 15 foot deep pit lined with barbed wire and a substitute for liquid nitrogen under the welcome mat! And that's just a few." She treaded lightly on the driveway, leaping over the 4th slab of concrete entirely, and moved the potted plant to grab the small iron key. She twisted it the opposite way and the door popped open. "All of you, file in. The inside is well protected too. Gun and a knife in every room." The redheaded girl walked lightly down the hardwood floors and headed to the kitchen. Grabbing a glass, she filled it with water and took a pill of the BENADRYL that Fox gave her.
Almost immediately, her sinuses began to clear up and she sighed. "Hey, Fox! Thanks for the Benadryl, that was sweet of you."

Stepping out of the car with her rifle in hand, Emma mumbled a thanks to Fox before bending down to reach back into the jeep for her bag. She slung her bag over her shoulder and followed the others to the booby-trapped house, picking her way carefully across the ground. It was very impressive of all the dangerous trap that the girl had said she had set. Something Emma's father would have done actually or probably had done before. He was one of those crazy survivalist. She smiled a little at the small reminder of him. She had been afraid she'd forget him as time past, but she was finding herself remembering him a lot lately in the little things that those around her would do.

Once inside the doorway, she walked over to the fall wall by a window and leaned against it. Placing her gun beside her against the wall, she pulled back her brown highlighted blonde hair and then crossed her arms. Her grey/blue eyes gazed around the room, taking in everything around her. The matching couch, loveseat, and a rocking chair with a small coffee table in the middle took up most the space. Dust hung in the air and it smelled a little musky, but other than that it seemed to be okay. The dark, faded curtains hanging in front of the windows touched the floor and kept the light outside from shining in.

Emma pulled the curtains back slightly and peeked out. Nothing out there as she far as she could tell so far. Dropping it back into place, she turned her attention away from the window and waited for everyone to come into the living room. She should probably go find supplies and stuff but she would rather stay by the window and keep a look out on everything just in case. She didn't want any surprises coming at them while they were busy off gathering up everything the redhead had stashed here.

(@Katherine hope you don't mind me describing the living room. Umm if that's not how you wanted it to look, I can edit my post.)

Alexandria slung her bag over both shoulders. She soon followed the rest. As she entered the house, she made sure she did not take any wrong steps. The effects of activating the traps Zoe told them about sent shivers down her spine. She whistled lowly, examining the house. "Nice place..."

She decided to roam into the small dining room since Emma went into the living room and Zoe to the kitchen. She stopped at the doorway of the dining room before fully entering. Her gaze was fixated on the wooden table in the middle of the room, a table fit for four. Some of her memories rushed back to her.

The last time she sat at the dining table with her parents, she quarrelled with them. That was a night before the outbreak occurred in her hometown. "I didn't even get to apologize to them..."

Unknowingly, a tear rolled down her cheeks as she furrowed her eyebrows in anger, glaring at the table. "Now is not the time to think about your past faults... I'm sure, they want you to survive." She told herself.

As the group spread throughout the house, Caramon noticed Alex suddenly stop in the doorway of the dining room, staring at the table in the center after she entered the room. He lay his head on her shoulder and wrapped his arms around her, tears slowly streaming down his face as he spoke to her.

"Last time I got to sit and eat with my family was before the plant exploded. I got to say goodbye, but I still couldn't save them. I couldn't save any of them. You may have been on bad terms with them, but at least you didn't have to see them die."

His grip grew tighter as he buried his face in her shoulder, unable to look her in the eye.
"All of this is my fault. I wanted to create something that could help people, not hurt them, but look at what I've caused... I'm not a man, I'm a monster. The price for my mistakes has cost so many so much, even you've been affected by my actions. I'm the one who discovered how to save lives, but after my vaccine mutated, it spread like a virus, resurrecting the dead with only their primal instincts remaining, for without a soul, a body is just an empty shell, one which that virus now uses to spread."

He turned her around, gently clasping her hand in his as he fell to his knees, a small pool forming on the floor from his tears.
"I can't die, because until every bit of this virus is wiped out, I won't be able ask for forgiveness for my actions, even though I know this's something no one could ever forgive. I have no right to apologize, because that would insist that I deserved a right to be forgiven, but I'm still sorry for what I've done."

Fox's eyes widened even further, jaw starting to drop as he followed Zoe into the house carefully. The young man took her word for the fact that there were knives and guns in every room so he decided to look around. To his amazement this house that she had created was a certified death trap, but he loved puzzles, traps and mazes. "Woah! I'm surprised a pile of dead girl scouts and their cookies aren't laying at the front door right now." Laughing a little, he sat down in the living room and started putting things into the duffel bags that Alex had brought out of the Jeep.

"So are there bear traps or...?" His face flushed a slight red quickly when the girl called him sweet, and he looked away--trying to hide his embarrassment as well as his face. "N-not a problem! Umm...umm...are there antibiotics and stuff in this house too?" Really, he had never gotten compliments like "you're sweet" from girls around his age, just elderly woman that needed help getting to their cars from the ER rooms.

As soon as Alex and Caramon started to weep, he felt a couple of tears roll out of his eyes in sympathy. Well as he missed his family too, but they were a whole continent apart...and he wasn't even sure if they were okay, or if they were flesh eating zombies.

"Ah... Yep. Antibiotics are in the cabinet on the far le-" Then she noticed Caramon and Alex, crying near the dining room table and tears beginning to leak out of his eyes. "Umm... I'll go get the supplies from my room..." As Zoe ran down the hallways, she had a few tears spring up and she quickly tried to blink them back. Her brother was supposed to be home from deployment already, and he was the only one who actually cared for her in the tiny, three-person house her mother had kept them in. Twisting the small iron key from the door she smelled something like flowers on the other side of the door. Wait... flowers? She quickly popped the lock and swung open her door, only to find her red-haired older brother grinning at her from the bed, holding a rose in one hand, and an assault rifle in the other. Nick had an Uzi slung on his back with a few assorted guns attached to his military uniform by holsters.

"Hey little sister, I see you brought some friends."

17723code.jpg

(Just with military clothes c:)​

Out of the corner of Emma's eye, she saw Alexandria stop at the dining room. She could hear Caramon speaking and barely saw Fox enter the room she was in, but she paid little attention to him. Instead, she listened to Caramon. Hearing the words he spoke, had her fisting her hands, grinding her teeth and her body tensed. She dropped her head and stared at the floor as she took several deep breaths, forcing the anger back. Everything that happened was because of something he did. It didn't matter why he did it or what he was thinking when he did it. It didn't matter how he felt because of it. She lost her father because of him. Her grandparents. The only people she had.

In the back of her head she knew it was too late, that she ought to let it go. She knew he had to be sorry and she couldn't even try to understand how he felt. He had probably lost people too and it probably killed him inside knowing it was his fault. Knowing that though didn't ease the pain she felt. The need to scream at Caramon, to hit him surged through her. Tears threaten to spill out and down her cheeks, but she forced them back and closed her eyes tightly shut. None of that would do any good, she had to remind herself. There were worse matters to deal with, mainly trying to stay alive. No wonder Caramon said and acted the way he had since she met him. It all made since now.

After she calm herself down, she went back to staring out the window. She assumed once the others finished with whatever they were doing that they'll all join in one room and talk about what the plan would be and hash out the details more. At least it would be something to do. And right now that's all Emma wanted, to keep busy and her mind off of painful things.

Alexandria tried to stop her tears from falling like a waterfall. Then, she suddenly felt strong arms wrap around her and her shoulder felt wet. "I told them that I wished they didn't exist..." she mumbled softly.

Upon hearing Caramon's confession, her eyes widen in a mix of shock and anger. Her eyebrows furrowed and her fists were clenched tightly. She felt herself being turned around by him. He was on his knees in front of her, as if begging for mercy. It was her first time seeing a grown man cry. Images of her parents flashed through her mind.

"If we were in a non-apocalyptic scenario, I would beat you to a bloody pulp," she gritted her teeth, clenching her fists tightly. She remembered the fights she watched in school. She added, "But, now, it won't matter a single bit if you're dead or not cos' we're all literally the only ones around."

She remembered the anger management steps her friends told her about. She breathed in deeply, then breathed out. She looked at Caramon with cold eyes. "There won't be any use of physical force against one another since our main agenda is to survive."

She removed her hands from his. "Just get up." She stuck her hand out for him. "I find it pathetic to see a grown man cry."

"But this doesn't mean I forgive you or anything. I doubt anyone will."
Alexandria harshly says.

Caramon got to his feet and leaned against the entryway into the kitchen, staring off towards the wall as he began to speak more coherently.

"Project Daedalus was supposed to be a way to be able to resesitate people whose hearts stopped during operations so that it could replace defibrilators and adrenaline, both which had a chance of having harmful side effects, yet this new serum had a 100% success rate.

I was hired to design this serum by Techsadus, otherwise known as it's cover name, RealityTec.
The reaserch team assigned to me was composed of your parents, each couple assigned to different jobs within the project, with Emma's father being my assistant.

We soon discovered that there were unforseen side effects associated with the new vaccine, ones which we'd never thought possible.
If the vaccine was used on someone who had completely died, they would come back, only they wouldn't be themself any longer."

He shook his head as he continued, his face red with anger.
"We all worked so hard, yet all of our work was for nothing. We decided that we needed to find a way to dispose of the serum, yet the day we found a cure, the lab was bombed by a rival company, releasing the vaccine and causing it to counteract with the other chemicals that were being disposed of, which released it into the air of the surrounding area.
Some of us were away from the plant when it happened, yet the ones who were there were killed in the blast, luckily avoiding turning into the walking dead.

I've been searching around the last several towns trying to collect the notes on the cure that weren't at the lab, that way I can see if I can find a way to create a cure."

A hopeful gaze entered his eyes as they turned to look out the window.
"No one will ever forgive us for what we caused, but if I can create the cure, at least I'll have done something to repay those who helped me.
After this is all over, you all can do whatever you like to me, even kill me, if that's what you deisre, but I'm not going to die until I right the wrongs we accidentally committed."

As everyone else did, Fox regained his composure. There was no sense in crying over loved ones when he didn't really know their fate. So he had hope, hope and confidence that his parents and family still remained alive even in these dark times. The young man stood up and began putting some of the weapons and supplies that were found in the living room into one of the duffel bags, moving around quite quickly and efficiently. As sort of an OCD kid, he had to organize the compartments of the bag by specific items--medicines, water, weapons. Yet he hesitated and stopped for a moment when he looked at Caramon with slight contempt in his hazel eyes. Fox thought to himself, 'So it's his fault...sort of. I guess he was only trying to help the world before it got out of control.' He looked down and away from him, walking towards the hallways.

So he felt a little depressed, sure. It wasn't anything that wasn't going to stop him from trying to live his life out and helping to fix this...zombie issue. He plastered a fake smile onto his face and ran down the hallway he had seen Zoe go down, trying to find her. Noticing the random open door, he walked towards it and found Zoe and another man that sort of resembled her--but he wasn't sure. Overprotective Fox mode was activated, and he stepped in front of the young woman--blocking her from her brother. With an unsheathed katana in hand, he pointed at Nick. "Hey, who are you?"

At the mention of her father, Emma's head jerked in Caramon's direction. Anger flared back to her at him referring that her father had helped. Glaring at him, she walked over to him and stood in front of his face. Through gritted teeth, she snapped, "Don't. You. Fucking. Dare. You have no right to speak about him!" Her fisted tightened at her side, shaking, as she glared up at him. Without thinking, her fist came up and connect with his face...hard, her anger getting the best of her. One last look at him, she turned on her feet and stormed off into the kitchen to find Zoe.

Once she saw the girl was no longer in there, she quickly went in search of the house for her. The air in the house had become to unbearable for Emma. She needed to get outside and she needed Zoe to show her the way past the traps. The anger boiled inside her veins and if she stayed in he house while she was pissed, Caramon would have a bloodied, bruise face. It had been a long time since she was close to losing her temper completely. There was no doubt in her mind that she would lose it if she didn't get away from Caramon soon to calm down.

Suddenly, she heard low voices coming for behind a partly open door and she slowed her paced until she stood out of sight by it and listened. A couple of seconds past by before she realized that she recognized a voice as Zoe's. An then Fox's. The other voice was new to her, however, and it was a male's. She reached up a hand and knocked as softly as she could on the open door. "Sorry to interrupted you Zoe...but um can you show me the way through your death traps, please? So I don't...you know...blow up or something." She asked quietly, leaning against the wall by the door out their sight again. She hadn't paid any attention to the guys in the room, not even the tense situation they were in. She was too angery to see clearly. Emma wouldn't have bothered Zoe if she was able to think clearly to remember the way they'd come, but in her state of mind at the moment there was no way she'd get past all the traps set without stepping in the wrong spot. Better to have Zoe show her than risk it.

Caramon smiled as he got to his feet, glad that someone had hit him when he deserved it. He looked after Emma as she left, turning back to Alex as his smile faded, his eyes losing their luster and his face seeming pale, yet the looks in his eyes and face were those of relief, happy to know that they took the truth as they should have, and that he knew they'd give him the punishment he deserved when the time came.

He turned away from her and walked over to the small table in front of him, turning it counter-clockwise, a resounding *click* signalling that he'd done something, as the floor near the table slid away to reveal stairs leading downwards, the hole closing behind him after he entered it, taking one last look at Alex as he descended, the look in his eyes changing one last time to those of regret and sorrow, though he knew that even if she did see how he truly felt, none of them could ever trust him again.

At the end of the stairs was a long hall, lighted by gentle beams from all sides, a large, wooden door resting at the end, yet he knew this door was merely a fake, opening it to reveal a solid white wall before he closed it again and turned to his right, pressing a button hidden in the foam padding of the wall.
A small hissing sound was made as the wall moved away, revealing a large room filled with doodles and markings all across boards and papers scattered about on desks and walls all around him.

"It's been so long since I saw those schematics that I nearly forgot about this place." he said as he looked over the designs and theorums strewn about the room, hoping he might find some kind of clue as to why the serum was released.

After searching for what seemed like hours, he opened a newspaper article revealing that another company was developing a similar substance, yet they were having no positive results.

"So, BioGination was behind the bombing of the the labs.
That would make sense, since they were supposedly doing something similar to us, but it makes me wonder, why would they go to such lengths to prevent us from continuing our work?
Wait a second, there's something else written beside it.
'ParaSol'? ...ParaSol?! That's...but why would he-...?"
Looking again, he noticed a string leading from the word to another piece of paper, which made his blood boil as he tore it from the wall and held it in his hands.
"Raist, you psycho! Why did you sabotage our work by replacing it with what your company was working on? Why did you have to go and do something so stupid?!"

As he calmed down, he couldn't help but laugh aloud, his hands trembling to the point where he almost dropped the papers he clutched within them as his eyes filled again with the determination of a new objective: to take revenge on the brother who'd made him and those he'd trusted take the fall for his own mistakes.

Grabbing the necessary papers from the room, he opened it from the inside and ascended the stairs, opening the hatch as he set the papers on the table above him before it closed once more, the bruise on his cheek throbbing from the pain of how wide his grin was as he spoke in a newly energetic, hopeful tone.
"Your parents are innocent! I found proof!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.