We are Overpowered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eve's eye's widened slightly as a sphere as dark as night blocked out the daylight, shrouding everything in darkness, but still Eve stood firm. She heard the girl speak before she sensed the girl dash towards her, even though is was pitch black, Eve easily spotted the girls red glowing eye's as she stood before her, she could guess that the girls trident was being pointed towards her. Eve smiled with a calm look in her eye's as she place her right hand on her hip.

"hey, no need to be throwing threats around, I was just trying to act tough"

She admitted with a small grin, little to no fear in her voice, though Eve didn't know if the girl could see in this sphere of darkness she kept smiling.

"my name's Eve, I'm just visiting here, well..., I was visiting here, I was just leaving actually"

Eve said in a calm tone.

"who're you?"

She asked the girl with a hint or curiosity in her tone, letting her right hand fall to her side.

@Kaykay

Briana spotted the soldiers with a frown. They wern't wearing their equipment, but she didnt want to take any chances. She curled up in the seat and hid herself from sight, trying to hide herself and her power as well as she could. She could hide herself well. Her power would be as detectable as ever. She needed to find a way to eliminate them or their equipment. If not, this would be a bad few minutes. She extended her awareness to the entirety of the plane, trying to find a good spot of darkness to lure them too.

@ShiroKiyoshi

The vendor would've told him not to cut, until he dumped much more money than needed to pay. With a shrug, he simply made the noodles, despite a few complaints from the other customers, one of them even leaving the line.

As Alias wandered to find Madame Chang, he'd find that he couldn't quite find his way to her place. Regardless of where he walked or how he turned, he'd just end up on the same street he started on, the smell of the food from the vendors and the noise of the lines perennially there. Perhaps finding her would take a bit of effort.

---

@Majem @NacNak

As Ryan made his way into the sphere somehow, he'd notice his vision start to fade away, only a faint red glow visible to him not to far away. He could hear two girls talking from where it came as well.

"...Visiting. What would make you visit a sewer?" She still hadn't lowered the trident, but she did decide to introduce herself. "I am Lei Ju. Nobody is to leave or enter a city without first providing some sort of documentation for it. So I ask again, what made you go through the sewers?"

---

@Daws Combine

There weren't too many shadows, given they were outside by a plane, but the plane itself gave off a large shadow, which the soldiers happened to be under since it was a hot day.

"7! I win!" one declared, slamming down his cards onto the crate they were playing on.

"Gaaaah, not again!" The other soldier slammed his cards down as well. They began packing up the cards, since the flight's time was approaching. Kat arrived at the site, looking around for Briana.

'ah crap she's working for 'Him' isn't she?'

Eve thought to herself when she listened to Lei Ju, her smile faded slightly as she thought of what to say, crossing her arms lightly.

"one of the locals told me it was a cool place to be, I found out the hard way it wasn't..."

Eve lied in a calm tone of voice, as much as she didn't like doing so it was sometimes a necessary evil. Just then Eve's brow raised slightly as she sensed another persons life energy nearing them, she made a mental note to keep track of it as she focused on Lei Ju.

@Kaykay @Majem

Last edited by a moderator:
@Kaykay @NacNak

Darkness. All of a sudden, Ryan was enveloped by darkness, his vision filled with nothing but black apart from a faint red somewhere. Did he close his eyes again? Ryan tried to open his eyes further, even if they were completely opened already. He blinked, shook his head, but nothing made the dark go away. Was it nighttime already? He couldn't remember it turning nighttime, that was usually preceded by all the stores closing, streetlights turning on and many people swarming to the local bars. None of that had happened, so what gives?

Seemed like in this darkness there were two others. In an argument, apparently. "I quite enjoy an occasional stroll through the sewer, especially in a large city such as this. Sure, the smell leaves to be desired, but I believe the architecture to be fascinating at times. Plus, nobody else wanders down there, and sometimes we need some alone time, wouldn't you agree?" Ryan said, facing the red glow nearby. He hoped he could calm things down a little, he didn't like fights that much.

Briana sighed with relife. Stupid soldiers. They should know better than to stand in the shadows, these days. The relife might be nice, but Briana was sure that the pain they would feel would be much, much worse. The shadows suddenly turned to a quicksand-like substance, though it would envelop them mich faster than quicksand would. It would dispense them and their gear into the deapths of space. No chances to be taken there...

Briana waved at Kat as she walked into the plane, smiling wide. She was all buckled up in the third to last row of the plane, window seat.

@NacNak @Majem

Lei Ju was about to resume her questioning, ignoring Eve's little comment, before Ryan spoke out. She turned to face him. Apparently, she had no trouble seeing in this darkness, somehow.
Huh. She hadn't expected someone to actually enjoy the sewers. From the glow of her red eyes, Ryan would see her face turn into something almost like a smile.
"Ha...haha...hahaha!" She burst into laughter. "That's interesting. Two people who decided the sewers would be a fun place to sight see. She twirled her trident around a few times before stopping it, sending out two beams, one at Eve and one at Ryan. The one shot at Ryan automatically bounced off his force field.

Her face was neutral once more, if Ryan was paying attention to it, at least. "Who are you people."

---

@Daws Combine

"Where'd our goggles go?"

"And the rest of our equipment?"

"And my feet?"

"...Oh..."

What a strange duo. Incredibly stupid and inattentive to the end. Kat turned to see Briana and quickly handed her a ticket as they got onto the plane and buckled up. She breathed a sigh of relief, as the plane took off, seemingly not realizing the lack of soldiers on the plane.

Kat decided to strike up a conversation, to pass the time. "So, where are you from? What do you like to do? Tell me about yourself!" She tried to avoid questions about her powers, for Briana's privacy and to avoid being overheard.

About halfway through the flight, Briana might notice something about one of the passengers if she was paying a lot of attention. He was flipping a lighter on and off repeatedly, for some reason.

Alias kept walking and soon found he wasn't making much progress. He tried running, flipping, kicking, punching, screaming, but nothing was working. Alias was becoming very agitated. "Fest! Ke Ke Ke." The little puppet jumped up from Alias' back and zipped in front of his face. "We're in a barrier of some kind. Find it's source while I focus on regeneration. Ke Ke Ke." Fest did as he was told and transformed into a prowling mass of green and magenta. Alias sat with his hands clapped together and his shadow becoming more opaque until it was more of a physical form. Alias' body was then shrouded in it as he fought the vicious side of his mind; Fear.

"You will not break free." "We'll see. Kyu Kyu." Fear struggled against Alias' true mind. "Once I break free Alias will have all of his power. Kyu Kyu!" "And all of his rage. It only spells destruction." "Oh, Truth. All of this time in this boy's head and you still don't know me? Kyu Kyu." "Silence." "No! Sooner or later these chains will voluntarily break and bring you down. Then I will eradicate this damned city! Kyu Kyu!"

Alias left the fight in his mind letting his subconscious battle it out and returned to the matter at hand. Alias still stood as he was, regaining the lost energy since his travel here.

Briana took the ticket with a frown. She looked it over, but it just seemed like a piece of blank paper, to her. Most people thought it weird how she could read brail without touching it, but words were lost on her eyes. She listened as Kat questioned her past. Normally she would kill someone for that, but she didnt want to kill Kat. She was a friend. She had never had one of those before.

"Well... I was told that they found me in Rome, but I'm not sure. I lived under the ruins of the Chernobyl plant for most of my life. A few of the scientists were real mean to me, but I was happy in the end. My predicessor tells me that I'm better than him because of them, but I dont believe him. He lies a lot..."

Eve raised a brow when she noticed Lei Ju's eye's looking away from her, Eve knew she was looking at the other person she sensed with them. A faint smile formed on her lips after having herd another voice coming to her defence in a manner of speaking, then she found herself slightly surprised, the last thing she expected was for Lei Ju to begin laughing, as Lei Ju began to speak Eve began to think out what to do.

'this doesn't seem to be going anywhere good... I should get out of here while she's distracted-'

Her eye's widened when she sensed two spikes in energy coming from Lei Ju, as she was brought back to focus she felt a beam of energy closing in on her, she grit her teeth as she attempted too see the attack to deflect or block it, but it was seemingly impossible in the darkness, so she did the only sensible thing and dodged. In a quick blur of movement Eve jumped from where she was standing, landing a few meters away. Eve grit her teeth and narrowed her eye's, her muscles visible tensed as she glared to where she sensed Lei Ju.

"Hey!, what was that for?! I already told you who I was!"

Eve exclaimed as she clenched her hands into fists.

@Kaykay @Majem

Despite the lack of facial features, Ryan could still make out that the person he spoke to was smiling after his comment. He was glad he could calm things down, even a little. Or so he thought. The woman's smile quickly vanished again, and what came next was quite hostile of her. The attack itself went unnoticed by Ryan, but he noticed the reduction of his pressure, meaning he was attacked by something half as strong as the amount of pressure he lost. Ryan wasn't one to jump into a fight, so instead he decided to let it pass and give her another chance. However, he would voice his opinion.

"My name's Ryan. Wandering the country is what I do and I just got into town, I think. Now, I must say I don't really like being assaulted like this. Who are we, you ask? Well, who are you to attack innocent people for no reason?" He responded to her question, shaking his head to show his disappointment for her rude behaviour. "I've been in fights before. People get angry because they're scared, but you don't have to be afraid. We're not going to harm you. Nobody's going to harm you. Just tell me what bothers you and maybe I can help." He added, smiling at the red glow in front of him.

@ShiroKiyoshi

As Alias fought his internal battle, Fest would wander off and feel a magical presence, constantly emitting something. There was a small green orb, surrounded by a larger energy barrier.

---

@Daws Combine

Kat noticed Briana frown upon taking the ticket, and grimaced. Ah, right. She couldn't read it. Well, at least she didn't need to read it to board the plane.

As she listened to Briana, she could feel that this was probably something she shouldn't dig up. At least, not yet. "I-I see. Well, at least you're happy now, right?" she said, smiling at the other girl.

"The plane will be landing soon."

---

@NacNak @Majem

"Yeah, like a first name'll do me any good. Why you're here is much more pertinent!" The blast seemed to end at the end of the dark sphere, though neither Eve nor Ryan had any way of knowing that, bar perhaps sensing the energy's sudden disappearance. It didn't seem she planned to back off without either a fight or an explanation.

"I am Lei Ju. I am the guardian of this town. I believe I recognize you. If you are willing to back down, I will allow you to pass," she said, though she seemed a bit distressed that her blast seemed to have no effect. She couldn't feel the pressure, after all. The red glow seemed to brighten up, allowing even Eve to see it clearly from behind.

She stood up straight and slammed her trident into the ground. "You, Eve, I do not recognize." Tendrils sprang up from the ground she hit, twisting together and forming some sort of serpentine creature. It roared loudly, though outside the sphere it was silent. "And so, you will turn to food." The creature lashed out at Eve, its jaws agape.

Eve's brow furrowed after having heard what Lei Ju first said, then she raised a brow after having found out she was the guardian of the town, that other person, Ryan, didn't appear to be looking for trouble, and after listening to Lei Ju talking too him it didn't seem like he'd find any from her, Eve smiled at that, at least Lei Ju wasn't heartless. Eve's attention was brought to the glow coming from Lei Ju's eye's, the glow seemed to brighten up a little, but that's not what had her concerned, what did however was the sound of Lei Ju's staff slamming into the ground. She kept her eye's on Lei Ju, and after hearing what she said Eve's eye's widened.

'Food?!'

She thought in bewilderment as she recoiled slightly from the statement, then worry filled her as another spike in Lei Ju's energy told Eve she was going to attack, said spike in energy was quickly followed by a loud roar, Eve raised a brow to this.

'okay, what the hell am I sensing?! it's like Lei Ju split in two, but one's different than the other, dammit I wish there was some light in here!... oh wait a minute...'

Eve mentally face palmed as a goofy grin grew on her, she could feel one of the two Lei Ju's closing in on her, she presumed the one getting closer was the one who roared like a monster. As the energy she sensed close in on her, her body tensed slightly as she crossed her arms in an X.

'alright, lets see what I can do...'

She thought to herself as she began to power up, the ground would begin to shake as a light pressure fell upon the immediate area.

"tch... HAAA!!!"

In an instant as she uncrossed her arms a blazing pink aura erupted around Eve as a faint shockwave of pressure blasted away from her, causing the road beneath her feat to crack and some windows nearby to splinter. Eve was literally glowing, surrounded by her pink blazing aura which burned brightly, lighting up at least 10ft around her, she glared toward Lei Ju, and thanks to her aura her faint expression of anger was intensified, she then looked to the snake like creature that was just about to get her.

'I don't think so...'

Eve thought to herself before she jumped into the air in a blur of movement and watched the snake like creature go flying beneath her as she hovered 15ft in the air, she then looked back to Lei Ju, her glare still apparent.

"come on!, we're civilized people right? can't we talk this out? no one has to get hurt!"

She exclaimed down to Lei Ju as her aura continued to burn, hoping there was a peaceful way to deal with this.

@Kaykay @Majem

@NacNak @Kaykay

Guardian of the town. If that was true, Ryan would never want to live here. What guardian attempts to kill innocent civilians for stupid reasons? So just because she didn't recognize the other girl, Eve had to be turned to food? There was nothing she could've done to deserve a punishment like this. What a horrible, horrible place to be. Ryan took a mental note not to eat any meat in this city anymore. Now if only he could remember that.
It happened so fast. Lei Ju, as she had introduced herself, released some sort of animal or so. It seemed like she wasn't joking when she said she'd turn Eve into food. "Oh, oh this is bad." Ryan thought to himself. He had to do something quick before Eve got hurt. But what? He couldn't see in this dark.. "No.. Wait, I can!" A flash. It was light again. Ryan could finally see the other girl in the darkness with him, for she was the one lighting the place up. A pink, glowing girl. How about that. Still no reason to attack her out of the blue. She seemed friendly enough.

And as fast as the light came, so did the darkness. Ryan had his vision robbed again, though the flash had burned the scene before him in his retina. Lei was probably distracted by Eve at this moment, so Ryan reached for the trident, intent on crushing it between several hundred tons of pressure coming from just his hand. Though in this dark, who knew what he actually grabbed.

Briana smiled, asjusting her seating position so that she was a bit more comfortable. She looked over at Kat with a smile, kicking her feet back and forth.

"What about you? Where are you from? Why are you not there?"

Clearly no sense of restraint on this one. As if killing at least nine people today wasn't proof of that enough.

@NacNak @Majem

"..." Lei Ju felt that this wasn't going so well. "Eve" or whatever was dodging all of her attacks and not even fighting back, but she still couldn't hit her or force her to attack.

Then she felt some pressure. It appeared Ryan was crushing her trident, and however stupid he may be, he did manage to grab it. The trident was quite durable, but hundreds of tons of pressure was enough. Seemingly illogically, it shattered into countless pieces and disappeared. Strange.

Cracks spread across the sphere of darkness, light slowly seeping in, before it finally shattered. The creature she'd created disappeared and Lei's appendages that came from her back retracted into her back.

"Well, I guess I don't have much of a choice, now."

---

@Daws Combine

"Well, uh, I was actually from there," she said, referring to where they'd just left. "But my parents were killed a while ago...so I had to try to live by myself. I wanted to remake a home, for me and others like me, but I guess you can see how that went..." Her gaze averted from Briana as she said that.

Suddenly, there was a large jerk downwards, the G-force of the sudden movement causing the passengers to fly upwards, though it wasn't so harsh so as to force people out of their seats, at least, as long as they were sitting down and had seat belts. One man who was using the bathroom flew up and crashed into the ceiling, falling back down unconscious.

Either there was some serious turbulence or someone was messing with the plane.

Briana's hands grabbed the arms of her chair, suddenly terrified. She could feel it. Someone or something was here. She couldn't tell what it was, but she feared the absolute worst.

She grabbed Kat's hand, gripping it out of pure and unadulterated fear. "Kat... This isn't normal. Something is wrong. Something is here..."

@Daws Combine

While she couldn't feel anything like a presence, she did feel the "turbulence", and that was scary enough. "Y-yeah, this ain't normal, I don't think planes are supposed to fly like this!" she exclaimed as the plane continued to plummet.

Suddenly, all the lights in the plane went out, rendering everyone blind. It was starting to feel warm in the plane, for some reason...

Briana was quick to extend her awareness to the entirety of the plane, trying her best to find whatever it was that was messing with the plane. She lowered her voice to a whisper, trying not to be noticed.

"Kat... Stay quiet. Stay near me. Never loose track of me. Got it?"

She sounded terrified. Absolutely so. Everything she heard and saw reinforced the idea that God was here. And that he was here for her.

Fest saw the ominous light and looked back to Alias, but felt and saw he was busy. Being his familiar he did as he was told and investigated the source. Fest floated over to the ball and tapped it lightly wondering what it was. Without Alias' guidance he could only do what Alias has done through him. So, to investigate further Fest stuck his hands inside the ball of energy and shadow tethers began to wrap around the ball and reach inside determining its power and if Alias were to notice and help, its source.

Alias' regeneration process was almost finished. Fest would now act on its own to protect and honor its master. He transformed into a mediocre size of giant Fest just a bit taller than Alias.

@Kaykay

Status
Not open for further replies.