We are Overpowered

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kaykay
Alias stopped in his tracks and floated in place staring at the men. Alias stared at their goggles and the weapons strapped to their backs. Thoughts raced through his head on what he could do to them, but Mrs. Adams' words finished echoing in his head from the morning; On time for school, and never in the open. Back then Alias carried his book, but now Fest carries it within the tiny pocket dimension that holds the rest of Alias' belongings.

"I think I understand Mrs. Adams. Ke Ke Ke." Alias floated down to the soldiers' level. "My name is Alias Adams. I can fly as you can see. Ke Ke Ke." Alias swirled around the men as a display of his "flight". He touched down before them and grabbed Fest. "I can make other things fly too. Ke Ke Ke."

When Alias grabbed Fest it provided cover so that he could create a magic circle in his hand without drawing attention. The shadows around their eyes grew denser. "Is there a problem? I understand not a lot of people use their power out of fear of Be- God, but what do I have to fear? I can only fly after all. Ke Ke Ke."

Majin Eve listened carefully, making sure to keep up her smile as she looked up to Berk near his throne. She couldn't help but slightly narrow her eye's at the thought of serving someone like Berk, he'd probably have her hunt down those with higher than average powers and kill them, she wouldn't allow that to happen. Eve's raised an interested brow when she observed Berk swing his sword again, she noticed the wind outside began to howl again as the wind speed picked up, she slightly narrowed her eye's to this.

'that can't be a coincidence...... can it?...'

She thought to herself before she went to answer his question with a smile.

"my business here is to find out more about you"

'wait what? that's not what I meant to say, well, not exactly what I meant to say...'

Eve kept her smile us as she tried to figure out why she said what she said, but she didn't want to stall and make it look like she was up to something, so she answered his next question.

"And no, I don't wish to serve you"

She tried to answer in a lighthearted tone, panic was slowly starting to set in as she kept her cool

'why did I say that?! mouth what is wrong with you?!... something's not right, I have to be careful...'

Eve thought to herself as she quickly added to her sentence.

"I-I barely know you, I would need to know more about someone, i-if I ever wished to serve them..."

She said as calmly as she could, still keeping up her nervous smile.

@Kaykay

@Shadows @ShiroKiyoshi

"Adams," the soldier who'd spoken up repeated, recording the surname on a mobile device. "Levitation, huh? But we saw you come out of that wall," he told the strange boy, not liking that he was lying about his power. They really needed to take care of this. His repeated "Ke ke ke" was quite suspicious. Not a normal person at all, even by the standards of a society of superhumans. Though he did look like a boy in his teenage rebellious years, he didn't seem to fear saying Berkaunrora's name, only changing it to God for the guards.

"Goggles on!" he commanded the troops, trying to look for anything suspicious. The boy wasn't performing any powers at the moment other than levitation magic so they didn't get much off of him, but they spotted something else. A girl seemed to be watching this happen. "Go for her!" the soldier yelled, 3 soldiers going to try to apprehend the girl, pulling their guns out from behind their backs.

---

@NacNak

He smirked. The ban was quite effective. It seemed she was planning to lie her way out of this. Her last statement was a bit stammered; the attempted salvaging of a failed lie.

"Oh, and just what, pray tell, do you want to find out about me?" he asked. "I am God, and you should wish to serve me. I'll give you a rare chance to ask anything of me, child," he said, unaware of her age, "Then you will surely know enough to serve, no?" His voice seemed welcoming enough, but it had a bit of an edge behind it. "I do wish to know, though, just how powerful are you?"

A teleporter with great strength would be rather annoying. If she could pose a significant threat to him it would probably be safer to cut her down here. But if she could only teleport, perhaps he could make use of that power. It made travel quite easy, after all, and wasn't that common a power.

Majin Eve gulped, her nervous smile slowly turning into a calm one.

'ask anything of you huh?'

She thought to herself.

"I wish to know..."

Eve looked away from Berk slightly as she thought of what to say.

"what is... your power? the one I heard people say that makes your rule absolute"

She tried to ask in what she thought might be seen as a compliment, she hoped it might be seen as a complement. When Berk had asked how powerful she was her eye's widened in worry thinking that if she told him he might try to end her right here and now, she could have sworn she felt her heart stop, but then a contemplative took over her features as she crossed her arms in thought, looking away from Berk as if trying to figure something out as the feeling of worry left her.

"I..."

Eve then looked to Berk with a slight frown upon her features.

"I don't know how powerful I am..."

She answered honestly.

"I know for a fact that I'm nowhere nearly as powerful as I used to be before coming to this world"

Though Eve knew she still had her powers, she didn't have a chance to try out and see how powerful she was in this dimension. She uncrossed her arms as she looked up to Berk, a faint smile on her lips.

@ KayKay

Quickly getting to her feet, she turned and ran, into the building and out the fornt door.
She came directly before them, throwing some device at them, it immediately exploding
into a brilliant flash of light upon imact with the nearest soldier. She made a run for it,
surprisingy fast on her feet, leaping vaulting over a fruit cartand doging citizens who quickly
got out of the way as she had begun a chase, the gaurds not seeming to let up.
" Oh, dmn now they are after me. I am not going down today! "
She pushed herself beyond her limits, fearing that fatigue would soon catch up with her.
She came to a dead end, looking for any possible route to escape, and seeing none accept to
climb.

Shiro was sitting on the steps. he was playing battleships on a small hand held device, it only played battleships, checkers and chess. he found it was frustrating, but good mental exersize. after fifteen minutes the Professor walked in to the main hall and looked at Shiro. "He won't comply, We'll send him a copy of the information. and the instructions again." he said, looking annoyed, the Professor was starting to get to the end of his tether and everyone knew it, suddenly people were rushing to look busy, Shiro burried his head in his game, avoiding the professors eye. this was not going to end well, for anyone.

Kamina's phone bleeped, it was a copy of the data the group had, by far enough to get him not only arrested but executed, and a repeat statement of the instructions, with a added word 'Now.' being that word.

Last edited:
@EddiEddi @Kaykay
It was so sad there was next to nothing on Kamina.... basically the only information available was he was a dragonborn, and had wings and a tail, and fire breath.... such a lowly superpower to be endowed with Dragon Physiology... It was also sad to know they had never seen his claws, or full powers... heck it was just like the rest of the crap about other low power mutants and super powered people, not even a unit level person...

Kamna laughed looking at the information on his phone, he texts back, "Wow, if you only knew... having Dragon Physiology doesn't get one killed... and last time I checked, speaking ones native language wasn't illegal."

They really only had that, he was Dragonborn, and could speak his native language.... nothing to execute him on.

Last edited:
@NacNak

"Hm...I see. I will not tell you the nature of my powers, but do know that they allow me to have no equals in this world."

Her answer to his question of power intrigued him. He raised an eyebrow, almost disbelieving her. But lying was banned. This was the truth.

"You don't know your own power. Then, tell me, how did you get in here? How powerful were you before?" he demanded. This was probably the most important part to him. He was going to determine whether she was too powerful to keep alive or if she was someone that could prove useful, yet controllable.

--

@Shadows

They pursued the girl, managing to recover from the flash. She was quite fast, but they just barely managed to keep up, not gaining on her but not losing her either. Eventually, they had managed to corner her.
"Put your hands in the air! No sudden movements, or we shoot!" they shouted as they trained their guns onto her. Their goggles were on, watching for any supernatural activity, though they couldn't read what it was or the magnitude of it. Her only escape route was climbing, so as long as she didn't move she couldn't get away, as far as they knew.

Majin Eve narrowed her eye's slightly when she heard Berk answer her question.

'darn it, so close...'

Eve thought to herself, then her heart stopped a second time, she wasn't going to be able to dodge this question like she did before.

'oh crap-oh crap-oh crap-Oh Crap! come on Eve, Think!'

She looked nervous as she slightly opened her mouth to answer, only to close it as a look of realisation hit her, she smiled somewhat nervously as she calmed down. The way Eve seen it, she had two options, ether tell him how incredibly powerful she was before and risk him trying to kill her, or keep her mouth shut, and risk making him angry from not speaking, thus also possibly getting him to try and kill her. So Eve went with a third option.

"how did I get in here?"

She repeated his question with a raised brow.

"I'll show you..."

Eve calmly but quickly put her right index and middle finger together before placing them dead center on her forehead, quickly focussing on Kamina's Ki signature.

"just like this!"

She exclaimed as she vanished instantly from Berks sight, only to appear somewhere nearby to Kamina. Eve let out a sigh of relief as she took in her surroundings, her heart racing from the thought of what could have happened to her, but her heart rate was slowly calming down.

"That could have gone better..."

Eve said to herself as she remembered what happened during her time with the worlds current overlord.

"what did he do to me? it as if I couldn't fully control what I was saying..."

She spoke to herself, attempting to figure out what happened, she crossed her arms in thought, remembering that Berk had swung his sword after he asked her his questions about her.

"is his power to make people tell the truth?... no, that can't be, there has to be more to it than that, I doubt he controls this world with an iron fist by making people tell the truth..."

Eve said to herself in thought, a contemplative look on her.

@Kaykay

Kamina went to his shop, striking a set of ruins that resonated to block anyone that was unwelcome, singles and all, research taking, observation taking, bugs, they even had ruins to cover each other, and counter younger, less powerful runes and technology.

@NacNak
"Hey Eve, have a nice trip?" Kamina asked, setting down the box of food which was still warm, "I got you a order too, not sure what you liked so I got the sampler."

Last edited:
Majin Eve looked over to Kamina, somehow she had forgotten that she used him to get away from Berkaunrora, though she didn't really want to tell him what happened she decided to do anyway, just not exactly what happened.

"well, sort of... I'm just glad I got back when I did"

She smiled weakly, then smiled a little more at his offer.

"thank you, I appreciate it"

Eve said as she graciously took one of the box's of food and held it with ease in her left hand.

"well it's been nice to meet you Kamina, but I'll be taking my leave now, you seem busy at the moment anyway, I wouldn't want to keep you from work"

She said as he walked towards the door to exit the store.

"goodbye"

Eve said as she waved to Kamina with her free arm before she pushed open the door with said arm. She stepped out onto the sidewalk, looking around before looking to the flat box she had taken. She raised a curios brow at it before she opened it, without warning her none existent nose was assaulted by the sent of melted cheese, cooked bread, peperoni and bacon, her eye's widened at the sight at the round object in the box.

'Pizza...'

She thought happily as a smile grew on her, she then proceeded to take a slice of it and begin eating said slice while she began walking down the sidewalk to nowhere in particular. While walking she could sense the life energy of someone not too far away from her current location, she would have thought to go to it to check it out, but the was currently focusing on the delicious triangle shaped food she was eating.

When the men ditched Alias to pursue the girl he waited where they left him. His eyes had been dazed by the weapon the figure threw and so he wiped them thinking something was in them. When the whiteness faded and he could see again he released Fest and snapped his fingers sending the shadows around the guards eyes straight through their eye sockets. The wounds would have been fatal, but with that girl taking all the blame being a prime suspect Alias would be in the clear.

"Thanks. Ke Ke Ke..." Alias jogged up a ways and then turned a corner literally disappearing into shadows.

When Alias emerged again he found himself outside the classroom door. He clapped his hands together and his dummy fell asleep and Mrs. Adams immediately took note and shot a glare the dummy's way. A couple seconds later Alias warps into his seat using the shadow dummy as a door and replacing it. Mrs. Adams turns to Alias pointing a ruler at him.

"Mr. Adams what tree is George Washington famous for having said to cut down?" Mrs. Adams' brow twitched in annoyance.

"None. Ke Ke Ke." Alias answered back blankly.

"Ye- What, Alias he was famous for cutting down the cherry tree." Mrs. Adams was now puzzled and annoyed at the same time.

"No he didn't. I did that. I just let him have the credit since he let me have the cherries. Ke Ke Ke." Alias' answer didn't seem made up, but the class couldn't help but laugh.

Mrs. Adams let out a sigh. "Yeah, I'm sure he did Alias. Why don't we refer to the textbook next time we don't know the answer... to a simple question."

Alias tried to open his mouth to defend his case, but Mrs. Adams shut him down with a simple glare and he shivered keeping his mouth shut. "Ke Ke Ke..."

@Kaykay

Berkaunrora was a bit irritated. How had he overlooked something so obvious? Surely there was a better way he could've asked that that wouldn't let her teleport out. Of course. He could've just asked what she could do besides teleport. Sighing, he lifted the ban, not replacing it with anything.

"Even God has something to learn," he muttered to himself.

He sat down and opened a monitor, scanning through reports and other such events recorded by the military.

---

@ShiroKiyoshi

Snikt

The guards left by Alias had been killed. Cause appearing to be a stab wound. The guards chasing Amani had reported something about her, so they determined the guards they had chasing her to be enough. If her power was just to stab things, telekinetically or through some other method, they could take her down.

A girl in the class Alias attended, Lauren was a telepath. Their rather...eccentric classmate intrigued her. She started trying to read his mind, but seemed to keep getting kicked out. Sighing, she gave up and sent the boy a message telepathically.

"Funny answer, Adams, but I've been wondering what's with you? You have...interesting answers. And a...different personality," she sent, trying to phrase it tactfully.

Briana's ears perked as she heard the girl. She had seen her long before hand, but she still had to act blind. She reached out for the hand, but didn't grasp it immediately. She groped around for it until she finally 'found' it. Instead of grasping it, she used it to find the girl's face, feeling it as if she was trying to get a sense for it's shape. All this time, her eyes stared directly forward, not blinking. She was good at this. She had been doing it for a long time. It was almost a career, at this point.

"Come... With you?" She answered, as if puzzled by the offer. She knew that God had spies on the streets. Looking for people like her. She needed to be careful. She mentally grasped the shadows around her, ready to defend herself, if need be.

"Shelter....? What shelter?"

Shiro was sitting on the steps still, now trying to beat the AI at chess, still grumbling at it. A lackky ran over to the professor and handed him a sheet of paper. The proffessor read it through, blinked, read it again and suddenly the entire place was abuzz, people running round, talking, trying to organize things, eventually Shiro was dragged out of his spot with much protest and out on to the street. The professor and 2 others were pulling him along as back up. one of the observer's had spotted a bright pink creature exiting a known hotspot of government activity. the objective was to accost her and lead her away from the eyes of the government. hopefully causing no scenes along the way.

@ KayKay
She turned and faced them, adrenaline pumping through her veins and spreading like
a wildfire. She put two fingers to her lips and produced a shrill whistle that lasted a
few seconds before looking into the distance, the sounds of hooves beating against
stone becoming louder with every passing second. Within a short timeframe, Orion had
charged through the group of soldiers, knocking down several of them and allowing enough
time for her to mount . She came into a full circle inside the corner and stopped , facing them
watching as some got up off theground and others turned, ready to fire at a seconds notice.
It almost appeared as though her arms formed somehting like a Jacob's Ladder, a short wave
of electricity moving uo and ending in a spark at the end of her now extended arms. Somehting
she had been practicing for many years now. She was born with a power she didn't understand,
but she was desperate, and so she was going to use it even if it put her at risk for injuring herself.
" Really thought you could catch me huh? well think again. Better bring reinforcements next time... "

@Daws Combine

Kat sat completely still as Briana touched her face, trying to get a picture of how she looked.
"Yeah," she smiled, despite now realizing she was blind. "It's just a little shack I threw together, but it gives us some shade and privacy. And food. Are you hungry?" Kat asked. "I don't have much, but just some stuff I grabbed at the convenience store. There's some other kids there, too. We're trying to form a little family," she laughed nervously, scratching the back of her head. She still wasn't totally used to calling them that yet.

-----

@Shadows

"Woah!" they shouted as a horse stampeded through them. That wasn't something they were expecting. They started standing back up, shaking off what had just happened. Suddenly there was an alarm-like noise. They shifted their goggles back into place. Something supernatural was happening. Looking back to their subject of pursuit, her arms transforming into something strange. It appeared she'd turned herself into some sort of taser, but it was in the shape of a Jacob's ladder.

"Open fire! Fire now!" a soldier shouted, and they fired, not knowing the nature of her ability. However, it seemed close ranged and ill-suited to blocking bullets to them, so they hoped to shoot her down before she could do anything. They hadn't yet called for reinforcements, not taking Amani's advice. Unfortunately for them, they probably should've taken it.

@ KayKay
The bullets seemed to have no to little effect on the girl, some jamming inside the barrels of the guns, some missing her completely
even though they had precision aiming. It could only be explined by her powers, but she seemed to be loosing control of it, only
slightly but it was noticed all the same. A burst of electricity burst from her, several more following in short waves. They burned
like hell and stung even more. The force of it was bearable but it still hurt. After a few waves, men were nocked over and appeared
to be under severe electric shock, their suits became human microwaves and they simply burned from the amout of electiricty
that wasnow being forced onto and into them. After a few minutes of this, they were all lying on the ground, dead as dornails.
Smoke rising from their superheated suits, guns jammed and lying around by them. She slumped over onto Orions back, barely
holding onto his mane as he walked out of where they had been cornered and seeking refuge. Her horse was smart and knew what to do,
though all he could o was wait for her to heal on her own. Her electric ability sapped her strength and quickly drained her of energy, leaving
her in a weak and vulnerable state.
" Th- there... That's... what happens... "

Last edited by a moderator:
Shiro perked up hearing the alarm noise. The professor sighed. "Fine, Go. but bring them back this time." Shiro grinned, not the normal grin of joy but a dark and savage one. " My pleasure...." He said and sprinted off, stages kicking off in sequence, while he didn't pass the sound barrier he did easily surpass the human sight time, allowing him to skip through crowds unnoticed. He began to laugh, exhilirated by the thrill of using his skills in a urban area. by the time he'd reached Orion and Amani he'd hit stage three and was sporting two huge mattalic wings and twin arm blades, his jumps were more like long gliding bounds. He landed infront of the horse and its rider. The dark grin still on his face, though it fell when he saw the dead bodies "Ya could have left some for me!" He protested and stole the goggles off of a few of them, stuffing them in to his jacket and then looked at Amani "If you want somewhere safe get off the horse and come with me." He said offering his hand out, intending to carry her to the labs.
@Shadows

The proffessor and his two assistance had caught up with Eve and were trying desperatly to catch up with her and not lose her, which was harder than expected for a bright pink humanoid. eventually catching up with her they fell in step "Excuse me miss, but you're not really all that local are you?" The proffessor said holding his hand out. "I'm Alexander Flemming a pleasure to meet you. This may seem slightly strange, but if you value your life I suggest you follow me. our.....overlord. isn't to friendly towards creatures of high powers."
@NacNak

Alias could feel his mind being invaded by a voice and looked around for anybody looking at him. The only thing that echoed in his mind at the time was; "Not in the open." Alias began to worry he was sick. Someone with the power to speak through minds was rather new to him. Alias raised his hand, but Mrs. Adams ignored it as best she could. When Alias realized he got on her bad side he blamed it on the voice in his head.

"Your fault. Kyu Kyu..." This phrase repeated over and over.

Alias' backpack would appear to roll its eyes over to Lauren and form a grin out of the flap. In reality Alias was using the link to play a ghastly illusion on her with his shadows and the ones that clogged her memory.

"I'll share something special with you demon. Kyu Kyu!" Fest began to take his giant form in the girl's mind, but not literally. Out of the illusion the two would appear to be asleep. "My shadows exist everywhere! Kyu Kyu!" Claws made of the shadows themselves formed behind Alias giving him four extra sets of hands. Fest knelt down so his eye peeked through the classroom window. Currently the figure Alias was attacking was the silhouette of a female. "Your fault! Kyu Kyu!" Alias screamed causing the shadows around him to expand in accordance to his fear and anger. Bringing his shoulders and arms back so that he could scream inside his mind he found himself losing his self-control. With them fighting within his mind he was able to remember every spell he'd ever learned and use them all at once without exhausting himself. He did so and all the while he watched himself lose control from within his mind.

The attacks from Alias would be unrelenting, but the girl was spared by another. Another Alias it seemed had gotten a hold on the raging one's neck. He squeezed popping him like a balloon. Fest's hand was reflected like a translucent image over Alias' true mind's hand. This new Alias stood before the figure and the backdrop of the classroom appeared.

"Why are you here. Had I not been here to control my counterpart you would be in a coma indefinitely." Alias walked over to the silhouette and placed his hand on her head. "Ask your questions to my body and do not invade my mind again." Alias chanted something and concealed the memory of his brain away in a small black bubble and then severed the connection to her by greeting her with an image of Fest in large form each time she would try. Alias still did not know who it was.

@Kaykay

Status
Not open for further replies.