We are Overpowered

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Shadows

The men hadn't the reaction time to fire before the electricity hit them, leading to their untimely deaths.

---

@ShiroKiyoshi

Physically, Lauren looked asleep, albeit sweating as if she'd just run a marathon. She'd been rejected from the minds of stronger people before, but never attacked directly as such. The gigantic creature seemingly appeared before her, her consciousness freaking out. "Wh-what's happening?! What are you doing to me?!" her mind shouted, unable to differentiate between what was happening in her mind and what was real.

Fortunately for her, another Alias came, crushing the giant before her. She woke up with a start, panting and dripping with sweat. The rest of the class was staring at her, clueless as to what had just transpired.
"Y-you," she panted, pointing at Alias. "C-come with me," she waved him over, exiting the classroom, regardless of what the teacher might think about that.

Briana slowly stood and softly grabbed the girl's hand. "A-alright...." She was still suspicious, but was certain she could take a few soldiers with her, should this be a trap. That was all she cared about. If this was real, she would stay here until soldiers came, either to kill her for God or to reclaim her for the Marxis project. Marxis... Just thinking the name made her angry. The shadows around her started to tremble ever so slightly, reacting to her emotional state. She didn't notice yet, but she didn't care. This girl didn't look like a superhuman. And she definitely didn't look like she could take down the Master of Shadows.

@Daws Combine

Kat was oblivious to Briana's reactions. Most people don't watch the shadows, after all. She was leading Briana back to a small warehouse she'd found abandoned.
By the time they got there, there was nothing. The place had been leveled. The girl looked on the scene in horror. "Wh-wh-what!?" she screamed, letting go of Briana's hand and running towards the ruins of her previous shelter. A single body remained. It was a young boy, probably around 11 or 12, laid down in a pool of blood. Kat dropped to her knees, lifting the boy's head up onto her lap.
"Jake? Jake, what happened? Where is everyone? Are you alright?" she cried, probably asking far too many questions at once. Jake blinked slowly at her. It appeared he couldn't speak anymore, but he mouthed something, whispering it just barely audibly.
"Sorry..."

His body fell limp in her hands. Tears fell from her eyes, but she wiped them away with her sleeves. She stood up to face Briana again, thinking Briana couldn't see a thing of what was before them.
"S-sorry, I went to the wrong place. Let's...go somewhere else," she said grabbing the other girl's hand again.

In the shadows nearby lurked a couple of guards, armed with the standard assault rifles and goggles.

Briana didn't react to the leveled warehouse, but she did take precautions. She extended her awareness to all of the shadows around them. It was easy to spot the Guards lurking in the shadows. Whether they were there for her, there for someone else, sent from God, or sent from the scientists, she didn't care. They were a problem. She had a solution. The second Kat touched Briana's hand, she pulled away. The girl shook her head and put a finger to her lips.

"Listen... They're not gone."

The shadows around the soldiers suddenly solidified and shot out towards the armed men like spikes, trapping them in an Iron Maiden of darkness. Those that might have been able to escape would only find their eyes and teeth pushed in from the shadows cast by the contours of their faces. All of this would take only a couple of seconds, but if Kat was watching, there wasn't any doubt it would feel like a lifetime. The sickening smile on Briana's lips didn't make it any easier...

"Now they're gone."

"What do you mean?"

"What the fu- gaah!" the guards screamed, suddenly captured in darkness, literally. Their screams were just audible to the two girls standing outside the warehouse.

Hearing that, Kat looked around, trying to find the source of the noise. Unable to see it from there, she looked back at Briana, a twisted smile on her face.

'Now they're gone.'

"Who...who's gone?" she asked, grabbing Briana by the shoulders, beginning to shake her a bit. "What're you talking about? Who're you talking about? What just happened?" she asked frantically, unable to contain her panic anymore. Her tears flowed freely down her face, having no understanding of what was transpiring.

About a kilometer/half mile away a shot rang out. A sniper was hiding in a room on a far-away building, his shot aimed not at the "blind" girl, but Kat.

@ EddiEddi
Amani weakly looked at you, feeling faint and barely alive at the time. She let out a pained moan
and let her forehead fall onto Orion's neck. The horse whinnied at the sudden appearance of the
person with the wicked dark smile on his face, rearing up for a moment and then landing back down
, his front hooves stirring some dirt and dust from the ground with a heavy click on the stone. He quickly
calmed and lowered his head, knowing that going with this man was better tahn wandering the streets.
The horse intent on getting his ride to safety and in turn intent on following the stranger, his offer of
ensured safety seeming to be reassuring. Amani barely had a grip anymore, and felt like sliding off his
back only to crumple to the ground, but she amazingly kept still on Orion's back, refusing to hold onto
what little awareness she had left from the recent experience with her powers.

Briana heard the shot and instantly pushed Kat out of the way. The bullet would have hit Briana square in the chest, had the shadows not extended to block to projectile. The child flicked the darkness and the bullet was launched back towards the sniper twice as fast, aimed to take the mans scope, eye, and life all at the same time. Briana exhaled as the darkness slinked back to where it belonged. She looked at Kat, smiling.

"You're okay, now! They're all dead!"

She kept her awareness spread out just in case any more came, wanting to make sure that they were safe, if just for the time being. The darkness started to creep onto the corpses and seemingly devour them, breaking them down and moving them out of sight. Briana looked absolutely unfazed, looking at Kat with a worried expression on her face.

"Kat? Are you hurt? Did any of them get you?"

"Woah!" Kat exclaimed as she was pushed out of the way. Suddenly, the shadows rose up from the ground in front of Briana, a noise ringing out as if something was deflected.

"I, huh? Wh-who's dead? I'm f-fine...what are you?" she asked, a confused look on her face.

----

The report made it back to Berkaunrora. He was still a little pissed that that pink...thing had escaped him, so he was just reading through reports now. A new notification came in.
"Atlantic City, strong power eliminated. New power detected. Full potential: Unknown, but likely quite great."

He raised an eyebrow. Did that mean it was strong enough for him to check out, or that he just needed more soldiers stationed there. The stupidity of his soldiers irritated him sometimes. And since the party was eliminated, he couldn't ask, either.

"A few more soldiers will do," he said to himself. "God has more pressing matters to attend to."

He sifted through reports and the world's cameras, trying to find that pink alien from before.

About an hour later, something finally surfaced. Atlantic City.
"Tch, so I was going to go there anyway," he muttered to himself, flapping his wings once to stretch. He exited the throne room and moved out of his mansion. With a leap and the flapping of his wings, he took off for Atlantic City. He'd only take about 10 minutes to arrive at his speed.

Briana was slightly confused. Did she not see them? They weren't very good at hiding, so it was rather difficult to see how Kat hadn't noticed them, for Briana. Not having superpowers might have been an issue. She pointed towards the shadows, frowning with a look of concern and confusion.

"The men with guns. They all died. I got rid of them because they wanted to hurt us."

She moved her finger to point at where the sniper had been.

"He shot at you. I saved you."

She smiled, letting her arms drop to her sides. Somehow, she looked a lot more sinister, now. Something to be feared. If one were to look at the shadows around her, they would see the vauge form of some great beast. Something so terrible and horrifying, it could only be described as a demon. It was the form of the previous Master of Shadows who, while not technically a demon, was often mistaken as such. Briana might have made the mistake of outing herself as one, also.

"I don't wanna talk about it. God might be watching. I don't want him to find me, so I try not to play with soldiers, too much."

She frowned and looked towards where the sniper had been.

"Though I think I might have made a mistake..."

Irina watched from her home as a bullet went through the sniper, their dead body collapsing onto the ground of her backyard. She covered it with one of her force-fields and pushed it into the hedge that led to her neighbors' backyard. A harder push, and it landed in their area. She sighed in relief- she would not be seen as a murderer- and locked herself in her house.

@Daws Combine

"Th-thanks," Kat stuttered. She'd met other people with powers before, in fact it was quite hard to find someone who hadn't, but Briana seemed...different. Almost like she was an untamed beast, or a demon of some sort. The others had just felt like people with their own quirks. Something about this girl was different. Kat's body trembled, instinctively wanting to escape, and get away from this child. Especially with talk about God, her power must have been quite something. Not to mention apparently shielding her from bullets. A realization hit her. The guards had done in the shelter.

With nowhere to go, she forced her body to stay, trying to put on the warm, friendly personality she usually had.
"Wh-what mistake?" she asked, a fake smile plastered on her face.

---

@Eight of Diamonds

kMvKRTC.jpg

"Agh!'

A man's voice could be heard from inside Irina's house. It was her neighbor. "Damn it Irina! I don't know what happened, but surely there's a better way to get rid of...this, than throwing it at me!" he shouted in an incredibly loud voice. Anyone within a house of him would likely hear him.

He knew Irina well enough at this point that she probably hadn't done it, but he didn't exactly want a dead body either. He let out a shout, vibrating the body's molecules until they refused to hold together, breaking apart his body. Eventually, the entire body broke apart, rendering it unrecognizable as what was once a human being. The body had practically vanished. After going inside for a copious amount of water to drink, he walked over to Irina's house.

"Knock knock!" he said, tapping on her door.

Alias wasn't as stressed as his dance partner Lauren. In fact when he woke up he had no recollection of what had occurred inside his head. He looked up at Mrs. Adams to see if she was still mad, but it seems that she moved on so Alias was able to smile yet again. A girl then called him nervously and didn't look too well. She exited the room without asking and Alias looked back and forth between the door and Mrs. Adams' glare. Alias through the puppy transformation on her while everyone was focused on the door.

"Puppy eye attack!" It was super effective!

"Fine go!" Mrs. Adams gave out a long sigh before replying.

Alias reverted to his human form before eyes fell upon him and walked out the door. He shut it behind him and looked to Lauren. "Are you what they call love sick? Ke Ke Ke."

@Kaykay

"Sorry!" Irina yelled, running outside to talk to her neighbor. "I wasn't thinking very much back there. I'll clean it up!"

@ShiroKiyoshi
"Wh-what?!" Lauren exclaimed. "Don't act all innocent, what the hell did you do? Are you a telepath? You must be an incredibly powerful one! You practically tore my mind apart!" She had been motioning at him furiously, unhappy with her attempted mind reading going so horribly wrong. She'd felt like she was going to die, stuck in someone else's head.

---

@Eight of Diamonds

Seth sighed. "I already took care of it, Irina. Don't worry about it, but please try to be more careful about it, oka- DUCK!" He suddenly tackled her, hiding with her under a bush.

Berkaunrora had just flown overhead.

"G-g-God...God is here! But why??"

Irina gasped. "H-He's actually here? Why? I hope that the body you took care of wasn't that important..."

"Ok, lets go." he said and jumped up. "Your clothes are cotton right?" He said as he scooped her up in his arms, a counter ticking down in his mind. "because if not you're about to get rather embarrassed." He said as he spread his wings and blazed across the roof tops every so often a arc of energy would earth itself. "Stage five. Online." He muttered to himself as the Null Sheild expanded outwards from his skin. his own clothes were cotton, seeing as he knew what he could do, His passenger on the other hand, if she wasn't wearing cotten clothes would end up naked. or atleast losing whatever parts were non-organic. He touched down infront of the entrance to the labs and punched in the code. "get in, go down stairs and rest. Hell on earth is about to arrive. and I intend to fight." He said, still grinning like a lunatic as he detached the lenses from one pair of the goggles and slid them in to place over his eyes, Using them to locate anyone else that was powered up.

@EddiEddi
She seemed lightly stunned form the rush but she quickly recovered. After some time Orion came running
and began to snort and whinny in complaint. She wearily stumbled over to him and patted his neck so as
to calm him down, motioning for him to go and watch the rest of her furry critters. Proceeding to stumble
down a flight of stairs before regaining her balance and her awareness.
" What did he mean, Hell on earth and he intends to fight? "
After making herself comfortable, she dozed of into a lazy slumber, an emptiness filling her mind as her eyelids
drooped until they closed, leaving her free to get a proper rest, at least that' what she had assumed.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Eight of Diamonds

"I highly doubt it," Seth told Irina. "He just looked like any other sniper soldier. Besides, there's no way he could've made it here so fast...right?" Berkaunrora appeared to have stopped flying and landed, fortunately a fair distance from the two. "Quick, let's get inside. Don't wanna be out with God running around," he said, nudging her to get back inside her house. It appeared that for now, the outside wasn't safe. As long as they didn't display any powers, there was little chance of him simply slaying for fun. He'd been trying to maintain a slightly more positive image recently, anyhow. Pointless murders of low-powered people just for the possibility of threat made some of his soldiers rebel, and he had to kill them. That was quite a pain, losing so many potential searchers.

@Shadows @NacNak
Shiro paused then made a snap decision, shutting down his drive and calling up the Professor he headed inside as well. Now was not the time to fight. atleast not untill he could ascertain as to why the god dam freeking arch mage of the entire freeking planet was here. skittering down the steps he smiled to himself, a much softer smile than before, seeing her asleep in one of the lab chairs. he settled down himself inside what could be called a cell, with the exception of the fact one wall was still missing and the door had no lock. The Professor (Having given Eve the address and instructions to get there) was allready headed back at top speed. having receved Shiro's message.

The Professor having arrived, greeted the new visitor in a rather hurrid manner had rushed off with the goggles to examine them. they were the first to have been recovered intact. He'd directed Amani to ask Shiro any questions she had.
Shiro at the time was struggling, once again, to beat the computer at chess.

@EddiEddi
Waking with a shiver, she rubbed her arms and looked around the large rooms he was in, seeing Shiro at a game of chess with a AI, she
yawned and got up, stretching out a bit before walking around. She looked at Shiro once more and focused on what he looked like until
her head hurt. A shimmer of light blazed around her for a split second and she then looked exactly like him, accept for her eyes though,
they were still the same color. She even sounded like him!
" Hey, Trying to beat the computer are we? "
She thought it would be hilarious to use her ability of taking the physical form of anyone and anything for a good old prank. Something she
hadn't had the chance to do for ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.