We are Overpowered

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, that'll work.

*rolls around*

Majin Eve: "......" *quietly begins humming a tune for a few seconds before smiling* "row row row your boat gently down the stream... merrily merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream..." *bobs her head slightly left to right* "row row row your boat gently down the stream, merrily merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream~" *continues repeating song*

....... *sits up and stares at Eve for a few seconds before smiling* row row row your boat gently down the stream, merrily merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream~ *continues to sing with Eve*

~Looks at both of them~ If you keep singing I'm going to get my black box, and woe betide you if you come anywhere near me.

0_0 *stops singing*

Majin Eve: "gently down th-" *stops singing and looks to Eddi with a fearful expression before pouting sadly* "sorry..."

Ah the fear a little black box can instill. ~smiles and settles down.~ Now, if you are to sing, you should sing something respectable. bye bye miss american pie. or prehapes Sound of Silence. something a little more....interesting than a line and a half of nursery rhyme?

Majin Eve: *looks down* "........ I think I'm done singing for now..." *lightly crosses her arms, looking away with a nervous expression*

Majin Eve: "........." *sighs before falling on her back, her hands behind her head, looking up to the sky*

.... today's been rather gloomy.... it hasn't stopped raining since this morning for me..... *watches rain fall*

Not too bad.

Name:
John Gallick

Appearance:
Tony-Stark-Iron-Man-Logan-Wolverine.jpg

Abilities:

#1: Difficulty Manipulation:
John can influence the difficulty of accomplishing a goal or completing a task by making a prediction about it. The prediction must possess these elements in order to have an effect. First, there must be a designated target for the prediction; a written prediction must include the target's name, and a vocal one must be utilized while the target is within john's line of sight, and designated in the prediction as "that person", or something simmilar. Next, a written prediction is void if destroyed. Third, difficulty cannot be eliminated from the equation, just increased or decreased, minimized or maximized. Fourth, a prediction cannot directly alter someones mental state or faculties. Fifth, a prediction that contradicts a previous prediction trumps said previous prediction. Lastly, percentages must be used to designate difficulty, and they must be whole numbers, with the highest being 99%, and lowest being 1%.

Here is an example: "Nikolai Markov now has a 1% chance of obtaining sustenance for the next month."

The moment John finishes the sentence he intends to, the prediction goes into effect, and Nikolai will have a very good chance of dying from either starvation or dehydration.

#2: Peak Human Condition:
Through the use of well worded predictions, John as been able to mold himself into the epitome of human excellence. His mind and physique are as healthy and honed as can be, and he has mastered over 18 distinct styles of martial arts. Even his aging seems to have slowed dramatically, and his body heals as fast a humanly possible.

#3: Billionaire:
John's predictions have gifted him with an incredibly wealthy life, and he currently sits at #48 on the World's Billionaire List. This has allowed him to procure an impressive array of useful items, from state of the art surveillance equipment, experimental body armor, or military grade weaponry, John has it all, or knows someone who does.

Strengths:
#1: Flexibility and versatility of his powers when used with creativity, as well as their sheer potential.
#2: His connections and resources are second to none.
#3: His physique, fighting prowess, healing ability and situational awareness are the best that a regular human being could ask for.
#4: He has never revealed his abilities to another, his success and prowess obstensibly natural..

Weaknesses:
#1: Due to the often vague nature of the predictions he makes, in many instances John has little chance of knowing what specific facets of a given situation might be affected by his predictions.
#2: There is also no way to completely change the fate of an event; John can influence difficulty, and therefor indirectly manipulate destined outcomes, but he cannot outright change them, or manipulate them with absolute certainty.
#3: John must completely write or speak his predictions; an interrupted prediction will need to be completely rewritten or said again.
#4: Should his abilities to write and speak be hindered or removed, John would become incapable of manipulating difficulty.
#5: John has no direct power over anyone's mind or will, though he may influence events in such a way that affects these things.
#6: John, while very skilled, honed and healthy, is still only human in physical and mental capacity. Without use of his predictions, and without using them correctly, there is no chance of competing with other National Level Supers.
#7: Finally, John has a hard time getting close to people and forming anything but a business relationship. This has caused mild, intermittent bouts of depression.

Personality:
John has cultivated a stern yet affable persona over the years, simultaneously bristling with confidence and warmth. Upon closer inspection, though, one would find this more a facade than a true personality. Without family, or many true friends, John Gallick is a lonely man indeed. Though he's been able to not only survive "God's" takeover, but also financially thrive, John has built an ideology around good old free market capitalism, and views Tenshin's continued rule, and subsequent world centralization, as a blight on the world, and a threat to individual freedom. Perhaps he's actually just threatened by the prospect of losing his economic influence, but John believes himself to be a truly compassionate and understanding person. As time goes on, his thoughts drift more and more toward a world free from "God".

History:
John figured out his power early in life, and, while others decided the best idea was to show the world and make a spectacle of their powers, he decided early on, far before Tenshin's coming, that he would keep his as a secret advantage. By the time John was 25, he had already amassed an amazing fortune as a venture capitalist, eventually turning a $1,000 investment into a 6 Billion dollar, international empire. Though he specializes in no one field, and has his name on no company, he controls multiple diverse organizations around the globe.

Last edited:
This game still accepting?

Yes, and your character is accepted. Feel free to make a post IC.

• Thank You
Reactions: Jade
what the heck Iwaku?! you're supposed to alert me when people post in the rp's I'm in! typing up a post!

*accepts stick with marshmallow* thanks, and yeah *smiles before holding marshmallow over fire*

Sorry for the slow update, but it'd been so long since I posted in the RP I had to go back and read everything and remember where I was going with this lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.