Wayward Insane Asylum (Signups & OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool~
More people. Hopefully we can start once you guys make a CS. :D

I'll try to get mine in later today or tomorrow at the latest, but please don't wait for me and feel free to start without me if need be.. I'd feel bad about holding you guys up :]

Caleb James Norwill, #77BFC7

Period of Detention: Three Years

Appears to bear symptoms of:
Most prominently, Caleb suffers from Paranoid Type Schizophrenia, and has for a multitude of years. And with this, he is routinely effected by Post-Schizophrenic Depression; a depressive episode arising in the aftermath of a schizophrenic episode where some low-level schizophrenic symptoms may still be present. Due to the effects of his Schizophrenia, he finds himself struggling with the common problems a patient suffering from Social Anxiety Disorder would, albeit at a heightened extreme.
As well, Caleb suffered from, prior to his powers, cystic fibrosis.

Appearance:
Caleb is a distinctively short, small man. He has a pale, drawn face, with long features, and a narrow, but still strong jaw. His eye sockets appear heavily bruised, with dark blue-purple circles around them. The eyes themselves are a light blue-green, which, in dark light, appear more green than blue. In-between his eyes, at the start of the bridge of his nose, he has an old, prominent scar. Caleb's wavy hair comes down to his shoulders, and is the colour of paper; a greyish yellow, with more white in it than any other distinctive hue. He has a few stray clumps of wispy white-blonde facial hair that is grown unevenly His cheeks are dotted and pitted with various small scars, and around the length of his neck he has a heavily scabbed over, dark-grey line, like an old bruise. There are similar lines down his left arm. He habitually wrings his wrists, interlaces and unlaces his fingers, habitually rubs the sides of his hands and tugs at his fingers. Prone to hiding his face by either bowing it, or covering it with his hands.

Personality:
Nervous in demenour, Caleb tends to keep his words cautious and careful, though outbursts of passion or anger are not entirely unanticipated upon the occasion that he is made to care about something. Most of the time, however, Caleb is a withdrawn individual who feels more comfortable having long discourses wit himself than he is with others. He clings to the delusions brought upon him by his Schizophrenia, and very quickly succumbs to fits of depression. Often self deprecating, his tone is often flat and numb, and when he is not making a claim about something he deeply believes, he has a tendency to mumble.; perhaps mirroring his opinion of most people's insights into his character. He knows that he is ill, unusual in most patients with his set of conditions, but it has led to enough tragedy in his life for him to realize that he is not like most people ; and unfortunately, that the world might be better off without him.

History:
Caleb's story is one of unfortunate happenstance.
Caleb was born to a wealthy banking family, who had a modest cabin retreat that he spent most of his life in within the town of Astoria, Oregon. The banking company, headed by James Norwill, for who he is named, was considered to be the bank of the government, and the politicians of both the left and right sides. Caleb was a sickly, anemic child who grew up with his head in the clouds, and a desperate desire to escape the small, His relationship with his parents was strained at best, for while he was encouraged to take upon the family business as his own, his hopes and dreams drifted towards something else. Raised on stories of the military, fueled by American nationalistic pride in the wake of 9/11, Caleb wanted very badly to become an officer within the US Military - go to Westpoint and study with the greats. He devoured books on military history, even during his pre-teenage years. He often played 'army man' with his neighbor, Oliver Baines, who he swore to be blood brothers with. His parents did not approve of their son's ideas, and tried to push him towards the maths and sciences, and away from the military and the humanities. This only soured his relationship with them, and a souring for all of Astoria, Oregon.
When he was seventeen, he finished high-school with good marks. He and Oliver ended up heading towards the East-Coast, and buying a flat together. Caleb began to form an obsession with a particular military unit, one of the first deployed to Afghanistan. His desire swiftly shifted towards being a member of the special task group that had been assigned there, and he became quite intent on making sure that he met all of the requirements of the Westpoint application, including meeting with a senator and spending days on the campus : all organized largely by himself, with support from Oliver. However, these were all in vain, as Caleb was afflicted with cystic fibrosis ; which prevented him from passing the qualifying medical examination. Nevertheless, he opted that he would join the military following a lung transplant intended to repair the damage done by his cystic fibrosis.
A year later, while recovering in the hospital from the lung transplant, he met another patient, who had received a kidney transplant for a blood condition. She befriended him, and told him that her name was Brienne Crombeck. She very clearly was interested in him romantically, but Caleb was not ; leading her to believe he was gay, and that was why he was not currently enlisted. He explained, however, his predicament and his excitement that soon he would actually be able to enlist. Brienne, in love with him but neglected, expressed her doubts about the military's effectiveness, and ultimately planted the seed that would grow into an obsession; a comparison between him and Arthur Prince, a prominent member of one of the first strike team in Afghanistan. Arthur Prince had gone made, shot his unit, made a deal with extremists, and became one of the terrorists that the USA feared so much. She even commented that he looked a bit like him, pale skinned and watery eyed, blonde. Caleb had scoffed at the comparison, but it had haunted him. Brienne was soon released from the hospital, and Caleb was left with the news that the lung within him was rejecting - and that he would need to consider what to do with the rest of his time ; which had been cut quite short.
Caleb opted to try and find whatever way possible that could enable him to survive longer ; in order to live out his military dream. And so, he went to Bangkok, in order to try and find some quasi-illegal way of continuing to survive. In Bangkok, he met a geneticist by the name of Micheal - also with the name of Crombeck- who explained that he had come up with an experimental treatment for such conditions, and offered Caleb the treatment ; provided that Caleb was willing to live with the consequences. Caleb for his part, was willing to try anything in order to cure his condition. He was administered the serum that Micheal provided, and soon enough became violently sick. When he came too, he found himself in a military hospital, mistaken for Arthur Prince, rather than himself. Micheal's serum had taken a toll upon his features, contorting them to look like Prince's, accentuating the commonalities they shared between them. The serum, whatever it had been, was the genetic qualities of the healthy Andrew Prince refined to his finest qualities. Not only that, but Micheal had inflicted the genes with superior qualities through his tampering ; most importantly, improved healing capabilities and effective immortality. A screw up. A miraculous accident out of a selfish desire to make a quick buck. Somehow, they had come into contact, somehow Micheal at gotten ahold of him, without knowing who he was, and had since needed somebody to sell to the US government for fame and fortune ; and Caleb was the unfortunate victim of circumstance.
So, Caleb, gifted with new-found face and lungs, found himself at the mercy of the government that he had championed and wanted to be a part of. The CO (Martin Heights) at this particular facility saw no reason to keep Prince alive, and thought that he would be able to pass off the death as killed in action - while he personally got the glory of killing a nefarious terrorist. This led to an escape through the hospital, and Heights dead on the floor. Caleb had not died when Heights had stuffed his gun into his mouth ; he hadn't felt anything at all. He escaped the facility, running through the halls of the army hospital. Not knowing where to go, he poured through the hospital's records, and tried to find another patient to impersonate. After finding one file marked for a Tyson Ford, he suffocated the unfortunate man with a pillow and torched the hospital ; hiding all evidence of his involvement. Assuming the identity of Tyson Ford - he used Height's cellphone to call the US Embassy in Thailand, who he begged for a pick-up (not understanding that they would recognize him as Arthur Prince) claiming to be with the military. The Embassy came, and took him into custody as Arthur Prince ; but he managed to escape them as well ; shot with many bullets and wounded.
However, another person came as well ; a woman who looked very much like Brienne. She came to him and explained that something had gone very wrong with him, and that her employers would be happy to treat Caleb for whatever was ailing him. Scared and uncertain of what he had become, Caleb agreed. She was affiliated with the Facility, and took him into their 'care'. Much of this has involved experiments upon his body's healing mechanisms and the effectiveness of indoctrination techniques. Given his volatile emotional state, Caleb took to indoctrination quickly, and soon began to disassociate himself from Caleb Norwill ; the pain and degradation he faced at the hands of his captors wiped away Caleb Norwill, and the only thing left was Arthur Prince. He struggles with the concept of identity, and because of the brutality he has seen and done, and the brutality he BELIEVES he has seen and done ; his mind has effectively collapsed in on itself.

Notes;
As a result of his treatment for cystic fibrosis and the genetic meddling that was put into place by Dr Micheal Crombeck, Caleb suffers from a nonharmful, but similar to cancerous regeneration: He heals rapidly, recovering from even very serious injuries. This is due to his cells replicating excessively when damage is done, in a panic response. This does not, however, mean he does not feel pain ; it merely means that he has become largely unaffected by most mortal needs - and obtaining death is far more difficult. He finds this to be throughly disagreeable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Red Rabbit
(I hope you're still accepting and that my character is okay! I wanted to do something a little spooky with him, and give him some 'weird' factor. If its unacceptable, I can take it out. C:)

(I hope you're still accepting and that my character is okay! I wanted to do something a little spooky with him, and give him some 'weird' factor. If its unacceptable, I can take it out. C:)
There's definitely a weird factor going on, and I love the idea of a difficult kill! (I have to admit, I thought of a dozen ways to potentially kill this character off already.) To label it as a power though throws off the modern theme of the RP.
>Sad Rabbit<
If you could change it up just a bit to have the regeneration slightly less super hero like, I'd be happy to accept your character~

There's definitely a weird factor going on, and I love the idea of a difficult kill! (I have to admit, I thought of a dozen ways to potentially kill this character off already.) To label it as a power though throws off the modern theme of the RP.
>Sad Rabbit<
If you could change it up just a bit to have the regeneration slightly less super hero like, I'd be happy to accept your character~
Will do! Thank you!

Edit; should be fixed!

Huh, well, cool~
I do like your character Basil.

Question, is he suicidal? He kind of seems like it xD

If so, Alice will be more than happy to put him out of his misery. Or attempt to. :P

If he's not, well, she'll be happy to either way xD

The Role Play thread has been created, you can find a link above the Introduction in both threads~

I'll try to have a post up tomorrow morning or afternoon. I have college classes tomorrow~

Huh, well, cool~
I do like your character Basil.

Question, is he suicidal? He kind of seems like it xD

If so, Alice will be more than happy to put him out of his misery. Or attempt to. :P

If he's not, well, she'll be happy to either way xD

My first post should clarify Caleb/Arthur's suicidal or not suicidal tendencies. I think that he sees himself as cursed to live - and his faith in fate and God force him to believe that he is there for some reason - and thus, killing himself would be against the will of God and fate. Which he doesn't want to do! But he doesn't want to live either? He's conflicted, to say the least.

Bleh. Was hoping to get a post up for both of them, but I ran out of time. I'll get Christopher's up this afternoon~

sorry my form's taking me so long, I'm working through it :]

ELISSA Kay LACROIX

epd_blue.png

"They told me they could fix me, but I don't remember being broken..."
"Eli" - Elissa has hung around with boys for most of her life, being unable to find common ground with the girls of her age. Due to not liking the feminine ring her name held she insisted on being called Eli, and it simply stuck.
"Ellie" - A more feminine title in contrast to her preferred name. She was nicknamed it as a child and has always hated the overly childish ring to it.

epd_blue.png

|| Age - Nineteen || Gender - Female || Patient Number - 6313 || Bloodtype - A+ || Theme - Slow Burn - Atreyu ||

2ahekjp.jpg

Appearance
"It's what's on the inside that counts...?"
Elissa began as something of an ugly duckling, her high cheekbones, plump curved lips and heart sharped face, though lovely, did not seem to compliment each other overly well. She was often confused as a boy throughout childhood, her manner of dressing, inability to work up the nerve to correct those confused along with her favored nickname only made this belief stronger. The girls sharp chin stuck out in an unattractive manner until she was about fifteen, that was when she truly grew into her features and added a chest--small as it is-- and hips to her willowy thin frame. Now the dark haired girl stands at 5'7", with a narrow waist and slender legs that turn heads if matched with the right attire. Pale delicate skin, smooth to the touch, mildly red and medium sized lips are emphasized by long, silky and thick ebony locks cascade down her back, ending at her hips, they are usually tied back to reveal the nape of her neck. A witches lock, silver in color, begins at the hairline nearest her neck and travels downward. Thick black lashes surround her eyes and make them stand out, the irises themselves are a stormy gray with a silver-ish tint to them, at times they truly seem to be a glimpse into her crowded soul, and betray both wicked glints as well as innocent glances.

epd_blue.png

Mental Illness & Symptoms
[ DID - Dissociative Identity Disorder ]

"I've always hated two-faces, and here I thought God didn't have a sense of humor"
DID is often a result of physical, sexual or psychological abuse, Eli has experienced all of those in her lifetime, seeing as two of them often led to mental damage. It has resulted in six different identities within her, all vary in age, gender, personality and so on. A switch in personas is usually triggered by a glance in the mirror or with a glimpse of her reflection in a puddle or window perhaps. At first it was only then, but they seem to have frequented. Whenever the girl is feeling too emotionally strained it will trigger another face to suppress her struggling self. Usually when this happens she'll black out and wake up without a clue of what's going on. That was all she thought it was, black outs accompanied by strange actions on her part that she couldn't explain. She's prone to violence even in her own head, namely when doctors and nurses try to give her sedatives or shots. She simply doesn't want to be caught unaware or helpless with all the freaks around her.

Personality

"What's it to you?"
Elissa, the original tenant of her body, is one of the most timid of the lot, the girl has no self confidence
but she has always put on a tough facade in order to hide this. Years of various kinds of bullying both at home and at school caused her to build up a shell and toss sarcastic and biting commentary as a second nature defense mechanism. She acts arrogant or elevated in order to mask her insecurities and this mask eventually grew into something a bit more serious. Each character within her has their own personality, and all are aware of each other with the exception of Elissa herself. The ages range from a thirty year old woman to a ten year old boy. The eldest is known as Lana, and she is the most quiet of the lot, but is known to speak her mind when present, she is also the most rare to surface. Blaise is one who stands as a bit of a violent and firstly ball of fun, she is uncomfortable around all men. On the other hand Deziree has the mentality of a seventeen year old, she's the more promiscuous and flirty character that comes up. Roy is a ten year old who is sweet as they com, up until the point where what he wants is taken, in which case he can become quite bratty. Finally there is a set of twenty-something year old twins in her head. Sethos and Harper are the reason behind Elissa coming to the institution in the first place. They often share her body at the same time, and tend to argue with one another, making it look like Eli is having a loud argument with herself.

epd_blue.png

Reason For Admittance

"I didn't really do that... Did I...?"
At Halloween time nearly two years ago a string of murders was called in by a resident on Collin Street the morning after Samhain. The police arrived to find the LaCroix home strew with body parts, various pieces of several corpses were hung from the tree in the yard or covering the lawns, the heads of four individuals sat on the porch, hollowed out and lit like Jack-o-lanterns. The stench of rotting meat was faint but present and only grew worse as the sun rose higher in the sky. The victims consisted of the mother, father, older brother and boyfriend at the time, only the younger sibling of the girl remained unscathed and was found later on in the basement of the house with food, water and a grisly story to tell. Police stormed the home as the black haired killer drank her tea, she smiled at them warmly, finished her tea and was then taken into custody. She was dragged out, but as she passed her handiwork she was put into a fit of laughter, chuckling loudly and exclaiming that LaCroix home was certainly the most well decorated on the block by far. Video surveillance was captured and later shown to the girl in questioning, she in turn shielded her eyes and broke down sobbing, insisting she didn't remember anything. More questions continued and eventually she was determined to have serious mental illness, further tests determined what exactly was wrong with her and she was committed to Wayward Insane Asylum for further treatment.

There were also multiple cases of neighborhood pets going missing, and turning up pelt and flesh separate, making the saying 'more than one way to skin a cat' all too graphic. There was no evidence of it being Eli's fault, aside from the image of a cross being carved into each piece of 'artwork'.

Extra

"...I'm scared of just about everyone else here. They're freaking nuts!"
As with all serial killers, her alternate persons have thrown together a signature. As it stands, it is a cross, usually decently intricate. Her other selves also use this as an actual signature on their parts, instead of writing their individual names down they'll simply mark it with the holy symbol that coincides with her last name.

Her male persona, Sethos, seems to have quite the crush on one of the female inmates, and by crush I mean an urge to rip into the girls flesh--affectionately of course-- so that he can hear the pretty scream he fantasies about. He also wouldn't say no to a pleasant bloody corpse to cuddle.

This game is still accepting, yes? Well then, I guess I can have a go at it. The restriction on patients is a shame, but I can work with it. Well then, here is my (first) character. A little different from the other staff, I bet . 3.

-Doctor-

-Name-
Dr. Jakobus Van Vuuren

-Age-

-Gender-
Male

-Personality-
To the outside world, Jakobus is a kind and outgoing but professional doctor working at the asylum. He is charismatic, humorous, patient, and has many a story to tell from his old home in South Africa, and he seems genuinely interested in helping his patients. In truth, deep down, Jakobus is a psychopath, with no kind of moral sense whatsoever. He knows this, he even gave himself the diagnose. But he is not a violent or cruel man, as he is unusually social for someone with his condition, and prefers people when they are alive and healthy. Still, even though he has never killed another person, he would have no trouble doing it if it came down to it. For most of his life, Jakobus has had an interest in psychology, more specifically in mental illnesses, and has worked at one other mental asylum before coming to Wayward, where he studied the minds of the patients as much as he treated them, with his motivation lying in the studying rather than the treating. In his bedroom, he keeps a book where he has written down his observations of the human mind.

-Looks-
Koizumi.Itsuki.full.1047709.jpg

-Why are you working for W.I.A?-
Due to his fascination with psychology and the human mind, as well as the facility's reputation, Jakobus travelled all the way from his home in Cape Town, South Africa in order to work and study more freely with and on the broken and disarrayed minds housed within. Plus, it paid better than any option he could find in South Africa.

-Extras-
Jakobus is a fluent speaker in English, Afrikaans and Zulu. His favourite patient is Alice Dunn, part due to her cheerful and friendly manner, part due to his fascination with the contrast provided by her murderous tendencies.​

-Extras-
Jakobus is a fluent speaker in English, Afrikaans and Zulu. His favourite patient is Alice Dunn, part due to her cheerful and friendly manner, part due to his fascination with the contrast provided by her murderous tendencies.​

Oh, it seems Alice has a fan :D
Be careful, she bites~ ;P

He stays outside of reach at all times, of course :b

Hehe. Oh, I think I'll have fun with this little relationship :D
Shall we say they are best friends for now? Well, as best friends as a doctor and a psychopath can be? xD

On a side note, how do you think the relationship between Christopher and Jakobus be? They are both doctors, although Chris isn't technically a doctor even though he graduated from Medical school.

Status
Not open for further replies.